PDA

View Full Version : You Know What I Hate About Record Companies That Are Run By White People?

CharlesJones
04-22-2006, 01:42 PM
They be telling rappers and r&b singers how their music is supposed to sound so they can sell records. First of all, how can a white man tell a black artist how their music should sound when white people can't relate to blacks? LOL. White people aren't black. White people don't live in the hood and they don't see the stuff that blacks in the hood see everyday. A black artist should rap or sing about what they see and what they know. That's why so many rappers suck today because they're caught up in talking about ignorant shit like their cars, jewelry, money, clothes, sex, violence because that's what the white man who is in charge of the record companies telling them to talk about that because that's what sells. I'm also disappointed in a lot of rappers who have been in the game a long time that are signing with mainstream labels because that's what selling. I'm talking about Mobb Deep and M.O.P. They have really disappointed me because Mobb Deep and M.O.P. don't need 50 Cent to sell records. They both have been in the game long enough to stay underground and have their own record labels. If they were smart which they aren't, they should've been saving their money so they can have their own record companies and continue to make the kinda music they wanna make. I also wanna talk about R Kelly, LL Cool J, Ludacris, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band. They have also fell victim to changing with the times and changing their styles to sell records. Charlie has Justin Timberlake and Will I.A.M. of Black Eyed Peas on his new album. Justin Timberlake on a Charlie Wilson album? Hahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe Charlie put that clown on his album. I'm sure his record company told him to do that. Charlie should've collaborated with Skip Martin of Dazz Band, Cameo, James Taylor of Kool And The Gang on his album instead of these wack artists. LL has really fell victim to changing his style to appeal to the wack black teenagers today who buy music. The r&b artists he has on his new album is really pathetic. He shouldn't have gone that route because he's been in the game long enough that he doesn't need to go platinum. He should've kept it hardcore. So many black singers and rappers spend their money foolishly and that's why they don't have their own record companies and they aren't in control of their publishing. My point regarding this topic is black artists need to be in control of their music and own their own record companies so they can make the music they wanna make because if i was a artist, i'd be damn if a white man is gonna tell me how my music should sound when he's not black.

That's why artists like Scarface, Too Short, MC Ren, Geto Boys, Cormega, Kool G Rap, Rakim, UGK, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Paris, Public Enemy, KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Freddie Foxxx, Canibus, Wu Tang, Boot Camp Click and other underground artists will always be respected by black men in the streets because they will never sell out and make wack music that the white man who runs the record companies want them to make. Of course these artists would like their music to sell but when they don't sell records, they don't give a damn because they're making their music for the streets and their music is real. Artists need to remember that rap music started in the streets and it should be kept in the streets. Like Dr Dre said when he was with NWA, if NWA would've made radio records, they would've failed because they didn't wanna make radio friendly records. They wanted to make music that was real and that's why they were successful. Same thing with Ice T. He didn't wanna make music for the radio. His music was for the streets because he came from the streets and he was a hustler and gang banger.

CharlesJones
04-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Remember when KRS One said on My Philosophy song that it's not about a salary, it's all about reality? Reality is what rap music is supposed to be about. Even Willie D of Geto Boys said on I Ain't Changin Shit song that what pays the bills is reality. Willie D had me laughing on his Unbreakable song when he said the fans ain't even buying the records no more for content. They buying images and what they see is what they get hahahahahahahahahaha. I agree with him with that statement. That's exactly what is happening today in the rap game. Young black men are buying wack rappers albums because they're buying images instead of content.

12weLvE
04-22-2006, 01:49 PM
I am not agreeing with you or anything. I rather stay neutral, but is funny you say that because I was at the C Ray Wallz, R.A The Rugged Man's show last night and R.A said the same exact thing. He was snapping on RAWKUS Records and how its ran by two hippies (LOL). he said "How you gonna say RAWKUS is real hip hop and you drop Kool G Rap."

CharlesJones
04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I remember reading a article about Rawkus records in The Source a long time ago and the two white guys who ran the record company talked about why the company went outta business. I remember Kool G Rap saying he was pissed about Rawkus telling him what artists they wanted him to put on his album. He said he didn't wanna collaborate with Snoop Dogg and r&b group Jagged Edge on his album LOL. He said the label told him to do that. It's a shame how Rawkus did Kool G Rap because his The Giacanna Story album kept getting delayed and i know Kool G was pissed about that. When it finally did come out, people had forgotten about the album. I like the album. Kool G Rap used to have his own label called Ill Street records when his Roots Of Evil album came out in 1998. I didn't like that album.

PANDA PISS
04-22-2006, 05:02 PM
i had always thought steve rifkind was white!

GhettoGnom
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
"How you gonna say RAWKUS is real hip hop and you drop Kool G Rap."

he got a point there though....

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-12-2006, 11:16 AM
fuck off with the racist shit

Funk_Dock
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
fuck off with the racist shit

my words exactly

its funny how u think its coz of white people that most rappers nowadays are rappin about the same old bullshit, just coz it happened on one label? man dont u think that happens on every other label?? im sure every major label is run by white people.....

if anything, we should be 'blaming' the rappers themselves, sure the labels have a major part in it, but if rappers like kool g rap can refuse to go pop then why cant all the others?

pussy-with-teeth
05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
rofl u talk alot of bullshit

if they dont want to stay at the label....they can leave..its all up to them

ima tell u the truth..most mcs rap about juwels, money and hoes cause they want to by them self...they want money----most of ya dudes just dont get that...nothin wrong with this move...ya would do the same thing if it brings u 100000000 instead of 1000 or somethig like that

iam not dissapointed at all by mop movin over to gunit....if they can make some bread out of that - it was a good thing....

the standart rap bout bitches and whateva can on the same level as "real" rap...sorry true story....

of course i dont like them total sell out rappers but to most of yall peeps - everything that sells is = sell out and thats wrong...outkast been selling dimond since aqui but they always had shit on lock imo...ghost is alot more mainstream right now, though he aint selling, but he still kicks fiya....nellys first album was straight... a lot of mainstream rap with the usual topics were sick..think about that...sometimes i have a feeling ya dudes are always hatin on sellin music cause yall dont wanna be down with that - in no way...yall aint even listing....ya know its on the charts so ya hate...kanye west made a damn good first album but he gets hated fo some reason i dont even have to name cause yall know what iam up to

50 cent is just wack....but there are many mcs in the mainstream with a commercial subject matter who are nice...man if u can master that rap style - why shouldnt it be hot...jay z been tellin folks hes tha king troughout 90% of his songs and i liked it, even though i never felt he was top 5 or something like that

Kenny Powers
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Without the "white people" at the record labels, the artists wouldnt have jobs. And the only reason they tell the artists how their shit should sound is because they all got educated in marketing and know what the public will like to hear. Industry people are investing so much money into artists that they should have a say in how something sounds.So why dont you focus on the music and stop bitching about "the man" holding you down.

pussy-with-teeth
05-12-2006, 01:07 PM
yeah man and at the end of the day - its the black man who has the last desission...he can stay and do what he was told or he can leave and hit a new label with a black man as a boss...

but they dont..u know why...cause they want the money too

black people = downfall of hip hop

all them wack rappers that made that wack ass music = black....simple fact..

G-Gka-Genius
05-12-2006, 02:34 PM
White people control & own everything

cosmoprim
05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
White people control & own everything

RICH PEOPLE control & own everything.

Race doesn't have anything to do with it.

White people may own most record companies and most things in America, but it's the poor who buy the albums/buy into the bullshit video lifestyle and prove over and over again just how stupid they are.

The rich man laughs all the way to the bank while we skirmish on the ground and seperate ourselves based on lies (racial divides).

Just keep on propogating this crap and just keep on buying product and continue to be nothing other than cash source for the rich.
See how far that gets us.

G-Gka-Genius
05-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Close enough.

90% of white people

MwazaUmoja
05-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Rappers become sellouts to labels.

Most labels, like most things, are owned by whites.

I think it came across as overly harsh the way the poster put it, but he still does have a point. I don't know for a fact that being white is the sole source of blame, but it is a factor in alot of messages being diluted.

The shit that Paris, Askari X, Dead Prez, The Coup, and various other 'radical' rappers say could never really fly on a major label. I noticed that DPZ music fell off when Sony got them. I mean compare stuff like 'Hip-Hop' or 'Propaganda' to 'Hell Yeah.' All I can say is Hell Yeah they fell off when they had people taking liberty over what they can say.

But really I think that's the labels trying to be PC not racist.

Kenny Powers
05-12-2006, 07:52 PM
- You would sellout too if you were a broke rapper who had never seen money like the labels were throwing at you before. I am sick of people blaming rappers for "selling out", so just because someone goes on mtv to promote their album to make $, they're a sellout? Thats messed up...

ironwizard
05-13-2006, 02:16 PM
[quote=pussy-with-teeth]black people = downfall of hip hop[quote]

No. Increasing love for money over art = downfall of hiphop.

I think it's wrong to make this a racial issue. Black people are no different from white people when it comes to "selling out". I believe the reason you say this is because there are generally more black people in hiphop, thus making it seem like they are the only ones sacrificing art for profits.

snapple
05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
yea, the man has way to much control over the rap game, and it's fucked up i agree with you mang. but thats just how it is, once something becomes trendy coprorate america eats it up and kills it...thats just how the beast works...but like you said some artists refuse to give in and will keep it real. the problem with today is really simple, people aren't concerned enough with the music, thats really what it boils down too, people focusing on too much other shit.

MaShPG
05-13-2006, 02:50 PM
black people = downfall of hip hop

uh...you mean the birth of Hip Hop?

once white people tried to capitalize offa Hip Hop the downfall began. You backpackers keep complaining, I'll keep supporting.

INF
05-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Good thread CJ. Ain't seen u in a min. Get at me sometime. At the moment, I aint gonna comment on this tho cuz, somebody always get offended when you talk about white ppl in hip-hop and I'm tryin to get through to all audiences at the moment. Knockin white folks right now is bad PR.

One.:king:

{Godly}
05-13-2006, 04:30 PM
You can't just blame white people, like shit. I'm a white boy and if i fuckin owned a record label I would not allow any of the people that work at the label attempt to guide the artist. I would much rather have my artists putting out good shit that they can be proud of, not shitty pop albums that arent even good in the pop world and make the artist feel like shit about it

Definitive X
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Everybody's wrong! There, I think I just offended everyone...SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD! It's stoooopiiiiid...

THE W
05-13-2006, 10:50 PM
the problem with the hiphop biz is greed. greed has no skintone.

white people are the reason that artists are multiplatinum. they're the ones buying the records.

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Suge Knight destroyed the idea/image of black men owning and operating a record label. Black owned labels are looked at in a different light now since Suges reign. Now the public just assumes its a front 4 money laundering or drug trafficking. * cough, cough ...Murder Inc.) Look at some of a labels from the past and in the game as of right now ...... just look at how these men who want to appear as legitimate business owners present themselves and act. Russell Simmons and RZA seem to be the only individuals out there who have their acts together.

planet€urope
05-14-2006, 04:32 AM
So according to your analysis white people invented the jiggy style and told people like Jay Z,Puffy and 50 to rap about money and cars. I think thats totally racist bullshit. There are many whilte label owners like peanut butter wolf (Stones Throw with Madvillain/Wildchild/Madlib) or DJ Design (Look Records with AG/Foreign Legion) who supprt the real hip hop.

Professor Poopsnagle
05-14-2006, 04:59 AM
letīs all make mixed babies and see what kind of hiphop they form.

the insignificant
05-14-2006, 05:19 AM
the problem with hip hop is that it became popular culture... regardless of whether it's a white guy at the top or not, someone who has no idea of where the artist came from has no business to tell them what kind of music to make... but this is an issue the artist should be sorting out before they sign the dotted line...

Professor Poopsnagle
05-14-2006, 06:31 AM
the problem with hip hop......if i hear that one more time i have to vomit for real!!!!!!!!

what about techno music and rock? they are popular, too, and techno at least had itīs popularity/mainstream peak right before hiphop and then came the overkill. still they are not dead i would say. iīm no expert in that music but i guess i can say that they have a kind of culture that lives on. same with rock. i mean there is so much bullshit coming out but the "real rockers" donīt care. and i believe that hiphop will survive, too. right now, (in germany) you hear everywhere black music - rap and bullshit, rīnīb - but only a few small jams, concerts or even hiphop-party (i never was at a location with a hiphop-party, nor did i see a flyer or sumthin except my own houseparty).

take a deep breath and exhale. repeat this a few times. take a marker and tag. get your adidas and do sixsteps. take a mic and rhyme. spin the wheels of steel.

"hip hop isnīt some giant living in the hillside. itīs you, me, everybody." - mos def

inshallah

Professor Poopsnagle
05-14-2006, 06:33 AM
So many txt.

thatīs cute.

{Godly}
05-14-2006, 02:48 PM
the problem with the hiphop biz is greed. greed has no skintone.

white people are the reason that artists are multiplatinum. they're the ones buying the records.
lmao that IS true

Right.
05-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm cute. :yes:

Black or white people I'm not a big fan of record companies.

GhettoGnom
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE BRINGS RACE INTO HIP-HOP!!!!

Let me explain....

People say that once the white rappers came into the rap game, the rap game got dummer... come on, be real... There has been white rappers since the 80's.... WISE UP BITCHES!

People saying all the wack rappers is black, 50 cent, Benzino(half white, I know), Ja Rule, T.I., blabla... Not true... Two words, one name! Paul Wall!!!

People saying all white rappers is wack, NOT TRUE!!! Kno (genius with the beats, and he's good on the beats).... Cage... I still haven't heard a single person saying Hell's Winter is wack, and if I ever hear it, the dude saying it got no sense of rap at all.....

the black started rap? Naaw man, the hoods started rap... Rap didn't start in africa, but rap is influenced by alot of african music... And because many of the dudes living in the hoods in USA is black, people says that the black started hip-hop while the truth is that the hood started rap.....

IT'S ALL ABOUT IF YOU'RE RICH OR NOT!!! UNDERSTAND IT BITCHES!!!

I do admit that black people usually got a different sounding voice, but that's not what people have been complaining about when they talk about the death of rap....

Klawful
05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
You cant say that white people are part of the downfall of hip hop when its mostly whites who buy hiphop albums.
That would be the reason why "White People" tell the artists what they want to hear, because they are selling mainly to a white audience

TiKaL
05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
You got to be a fucking moron to think anyone who runs a record company sees any other color than Green, ...

staycreepin_n_silence
05-16-2006, 01:29 AM
lol well that's life black people can't market themselve. Being a black man thats understanding the business world one thing you have to remember, Cash rules everything I though WU tang told you and, whites invest in black talent. Be it hiphop, r&b, Jazz, blues, reggae, football, basketball and even baseball. Shucks look at bonds if he was a white man about to break babe ruth record do you know that it wouldn't be a problem if the guy juice up before the next game. Seriously bonds won't go down in history let them have it bonds will only go down in shame. Whites can make and break someone look at OJ, look at Michael Jackson, when the white fans of Wu tang disband it will be over for wu tang as we know it. So get use to it and invest the little you get from the whites that invest in you, because in the end little susie and zach will contine on at harvard at your expense while lil bookey, and pumpkin will have to struggle at the local community college.

Alesco
05-16-2006, 02:08 AM
[QUOTE=iove]the problem with hip hop......if i hear that one more time i have to vomit for real!!!!!!!!

what about techno music and rock? they are popular, too, and techno at least had itīs popularity/mainstream peak right before hiphop and then came the overkill. still they are not dead i would say. Techno music is alive and fighting. And there is lots of blacks and whites, all get along jus fine. Race has nothing to do with techno music (well, not in a negative way) I am speeking of real techno by the way (underground) Not wot u see on mtv, which makes me laff every time.. I dont think hip hop is all that bad. A mean, there is allways gonna be, he aint doing that, or they done this.. Hip hop music has a great cultre, with other forms of expresion like break dancing, grafiti art. They are both alive becoz of hip hop.. The devil be a fucked up guy. And he must be stopped..

JackTrippa718JR
05-18-2006, 08:55 AM
The white boss isn't the only one to blame. So is the black rapper. They are partners in crime on this charge.

venex
05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
all I wanna say is: whites may run most of the record companies, but you def don't gotta hate them for that!

fuck racism!!!!!!

g_flex
05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
there are no blacks or white in the country i reside but they are still a bunch of fucked up in the ass mafuckas who dont listen to whut ' u want to do'..they fuckin want u to do whut they want....i knw ppl ova here who claim 'they managed US based undergrnd artiste but fuckin shit on ur face n tell u that u shudnt do whut u wanna do coz u cant make money...radio n consumers are at fault for supportin bullshit music first of all...colors aint got shit ta do wit it..

TSA
05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
They be telling rappers and r&b singers how their music is supposed to sound so they can sell records. First of all, how can a white man tell a black artist how their music should sound when white people can't relate to blacks? LOL. White people aren't black. White people don't live in the hood and they don't see the stuff that blacks in the hood see everyday. A black artist should rap or sing about what they see and what they know. That's why so many rappers suck today because they're caught up in talking about ignorant shit like their cars, jewelry, money, clothes, sex, violence because that's what the white man who is in charge of the record companies telling them to talk about that because that's what sells. I'm also disappointed in a lot of rappers who have been in the game a long time that are signing with mainstream labels because that's what selling. I'm talking about Mobb Deep and M.O.P. They have really disappointed me because Mobb Deep and M.O.P. don't need 50 Cent to sell records. They both have been in the game long enough to stay underground and have their own record labels. If they were smart which they aren't, they should've been saving their money so they can have their own record companies and continue to make the kinda music they wanna make. I also wanna talk about R Kelly, LL Cool J, Ludacris, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band. They have also fell victim to changing with the times and changing their styles to sell records. Charlie has Justin Timberlake and Will I.A.M. of Black Eyed Peas on his new album. Justin Timberlake on a Charlie Wilson album? Hahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe Charlie put that clown on his album. I'm sure his record company told him to do that. Charlie should've collaborated with Skip Martin of Dazz Band, Cameo, James Taylor of Kool And The Gang on his album instead of these wack artists. LL has really fell victim to changing his style to appeal to the wack black teenagers today who buy music. The r&b artists he has on his new album is really pathetic. He shouldn't have gone that route because he's been in the game long enough that he doesn't need to go platinum. He should've kept it hardcore. So many black singers and rappers spend their money foolishly and that's why they don't have their own record companies and they aren't in control of their publishing. My point regarding this topic is black artists need to be in control of their music and own their own record companies so they can make the music they wanna make because if i was a artist, i'd be damn if a white man is gonna tell me how my music should sound when he's not black.

That's why artists like Scarface, Too Short, MC Ren, Geto Boys, Cormega, Kool G Rap, Rakim, UGK, MC Eiht, Spice 1, Paris, Public Enemy, KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Freddie Foxxx, Canibus, Wu Tang, Boot Camp Click and other underground artists will always be respected by black men in the streets because they will never sell out and make wack music that the white man who runs the record companies want them to make. Of course these artists would like their music to sell but when they don't sell records, they don't give a damn because they're making their music for the streets and their music is real. Artists need to remember that rap music started in the streets and it should be kept in the streets. Like Dr Dre said when he was with NWA, if NWA would've made radio records, they would've failed because they didn't wanna make radio friendly records. They wanted to make music that was real and that's why they were successful. Same thing with Ice T. He didn't wanna make music for the radio. His music was for the streets because he came from the streets and he was a hustler and gang banger.

This is basically the most ignorant shit i've ever read in my life. White people should own record lables cause they're not from the hood?, and other gay shit like that. Wow, so why doesn't Puffy keep his shit "Real" and his artists "Real" since BIG. Plus im positive 100% that there's more poor white people that black ones, but you know, they're cancelled out cause all white people are filthy rich and out of touch with the world.

Panama
05-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I like white girls.

Wu-tang Fan
05-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Well I am quite willing to post in racial related threads (even though it wasn't to start with), but I must say that I think everything that can be said has already been said. And yeah, it's what background you come from, not what colour you are(heck, I thought White and Black aren't colours, no?). And B.T.W., all ya'll guys getting offended by ppl saying that white ppl mess up some things, just relax. It's not even racist. I think you are just jumping on the people's backs who are even mentioning the word "white" in a negative context. I can understand the sort of business guy who would try and tell artists what to do, but it doesn't matter if he's white or black. He could have been White and from the hood, or Black and from some posh suburb. Heck, didn't notice how long this post has gotten! But yeah, that's all really. Peace!

Damo_Suzuki
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
You know what I hate? People that moan about oppression and then hug the shackles that enslave them, people that moan about being exploited and then spend their money on designer label and brand name clothes and fund those that strive to control them.

White_Mouse
05-26-2006, 05:08 PM
i hate today's mainstream rap!!!!
well most of it anyway.
when are they gonna start puttign some true substance in it anyway.
eminem gave it a brief revival and Kanye made it ok to talk about Jesus
(which should be a given smh)
but when is there gonna be somthing that will change the game so i can get back to watching BET and not "botties exposed television". (shai linne)

R3beLuTionAry
05-26-2006, 06:24 PM
not about racism, but classism?? are you out of your mind??? lol j/k. nah its true