PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Technique Speaks on G Unit

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
i was just reading the new XXL and from the way he was talking this motherfucker may be signing with G Unit, this is what he said:

Immortal Technique has never been one to bite his tongue (probably because it hurts like Lil Scrappy says). The independent, politically conscious emcee opened up to XXL about everything from politics to signing with 50 and G Unit in the first of a two part interview. Check out some high lights.

On signing with G Unit:

As a Latino with an overwhelmingly strong fan base of Latino people and someone who has plenty of White fans as well as Muslims and Blacks, I have a diversity wherever I move. I tour the world. But in terms of a deal, I would need something similar to what Roc-A-Fella got from Def Jam; they give 25% and have a large distribution outlet with support from a major. But I need to hold on to those masters since I mix it down and have it mastered myself out my own pocket. I have no A&R. I do it all myself. Itís no oneís vision but mine. I always put up the dough for production and pressing my own records. I donít think that fits with just about anyoneís formula. People arenít getting signed nowadays by someone who doesnít wanna own them 100%, and labels donít really break artists anymore. They want someone self-made but donít pay them like theyíre self-made.

On politics and the industry:

If you donít like politics, stay the f*ck outta the music business. Politics is the most gangsta sh*t in the world. Third World countries are rich in resourcesóAfrica, South and Central America, all of Asia. The reason theyíre sources for cheap labor, the reason theyíre so poor and wretched and starving is that all their resources are owned by countries like America and Europe, countries that used to own them as colonies and keep the people as slaves. Thatís politics, nigga. Thatís more gangsta than you, your block, your set or anyone you know will ever be. I just tell it like it is, like it was and how it could be, [instead of] like itís not, like wasnít and how it should be.

TUCO
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
i dunno how it signals towards a possible signing....dunno
my girl LOVES him....itd break her heart if he were to do such a thing, lol
id laugh at her still HAHA

Definitive X
04-22-2006, 11:09 PM
That's weird...it sounded like he was subliminally dissing 50 on "Obnoxious"...you never know...tsk tsk...

RynMur
04-23-2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16403

Post #15 has full inteviews

MaShPG
04-23-2006, 12:06 AM
edit: rynmur beat me to it

Longbongcilvaringz
04-23-2006, 05:06 AM
i thought that it was established that this was false?

04-23-2006, 09:31 AM
how the hell could it be false when i typed it right out of my xxl?

Soul Controller
04-23-2006, 09:51 AM
lol
cheers for the wankest news ive heard in a aloing time!

RynMur
04-23-2006, 11:17 AM
After the question, the first thing tech said was "you're trying to be funny, but i'll humor you" followed up by what suntzu posted. By saying means he'll take up a big record company deal, as long as he gets freedom, but I don't believe that's going to be with G-Unit. Looking at the overall picture I can't see that happening (politic wise, not pride)

WuTangWarrior
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
anyone got any update's??? i hope this aint true, i mean i know Tech's still gotta do his thing but cmon now G UNIT??? join Def Jam or something!!! lol it could be all about the freedom he get's though, cause if he's signed and he aint go no freedom, then he aint nothing but a hypocrite.

Os3y3ris
04-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Please let this just be a rumor.

Chief 'Broom
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Son - although they didn't word that the best way, they aren't saying "on ITs recent signing with G-Unit." They simply asked him what his take is on signing with G-Unit. And he basically said he wouldn't have enough freedom and prefers to hold his masters.

Killah Priest was just asked the same thing - if he would pick a small independant label over signing with G-Unit and his response was, "G-Unit. Cuz i'd still do my thing." People are probably talking about Priest signing to G-Unit now too.

I see why people got it twisted, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Easy.

B-Ball-Hov
05-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Immortal Technique is REAL! i like his style and flow! he aint affraid to say anything u feel me? do ya think its a good idea for him to join G-Unit? im not sure about that! it sounds crazy to me but as long as he does his thing i aint madd at him! what ya think?

THE W
05-04-2006, 08:36 PM
wtf are yall talkin about?

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=887

and part 2
http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=930

tech aint sign with nobody..

immortal technique is not signing to g-unit. everyone can relax.

PDTantisocial
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't see anything in that interview that remotely implies him signing with G-Unit.

05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
i never do understand why people like raising old threads

PDTantisocial
05-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Isn't it interesting how interviewers can plug 50 into any topic? Tech didn't mention them at all and that's the big headline of the article, fuckin' ass.

BALTIMORE GOD OF WAR
05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Yo I Fuck Wit Da Boot Camp Banner Son. These Lil Niggaz In Here Don't Know Nothing Bout That Shit.

Tage
05-05-2006, 11:45 AM
no way is he signed to g-unit???? WTF! babygrande were growing strong.

WuTangWarrior
05-05-2006, 02:01 PM
naaah man