PDA

View Full Version : Research: 10 greates hip-hop albums of ALL TIME - Part II: The Final Countdown

Edgar Erebus
04-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Okay, this went pretty smoothly, but one problem stayed. We now have two albums on the 10th place, and one MUST GO. They are:
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
Ghostface Killah - Ironman

Vote please, after we get enough votes I'll post the definite list of 10 best rap albums of all artists. Fuck MTV. Peace.

4-Bar Killer
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Ironman for me.. But it was very, very close..

MaShPG
04-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Moment of Truth

personally i like supreme clientele better than ironman, and moment of truth might just be the best produced CD ever. and Guru came correct.

ShaDynasty
04-23-2006, 05:21 PM
IMO all the other gang starr joints are better than 'Moment of Truth'
step in the arena, daily operation and hard to earn all crush ironman

Cm0ney
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
moment of truth is in the top 5 hip hop albums EVER for me. i love ghost but this album is just too good.

12weLvE
04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Ironman

Rebel_INS
04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Ironman, but Moment Of Truth is hella nice also

MaShPG
04-23-2006, 05:41 PM
hmm...we all know damn well if we put this poll on a Gang Starr forum the results would be different...

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
why do you hurt my brain so?
ironman

Wzarecta
04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
moment of truth.

Blastah
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Come on fellas lets put Wu-Tang fantism aside for a minute and think like a real Rap fan...
...Moment Of Truth is WAY better.

Dr. Seuss
04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I concur Blastah, this poll is in no means fair
Even though both albums are good, it's hard to compare.
Now we're all fans of the Wu-Tang Clan
But some of you are pulling a Stan.
For me, Moment of Truth was my pick
I can easily hop off of Wu Tang's dick.
They're both classics, yet it seems to appear,
that RZA's producing, isn't touching Premier.

crass
04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
haha

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Thank you, Dr. Seuss...Moment of Truth. Better tracks, period. Ironman gets its due, but it bores me sometimes...Moment of Truth keeps me interested the entire way through...and "JFK 2 LAX" is one of the greatest beats EVER...

Dr. Seuss
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
It's just a better album, has nothing to do with my ego.
Plus you're from Canada, what the fuck would you know?
You're opinion on this matter is oblivious, it just doesn't sit well,
Why should we listen to a canuck who just bought Supreme Clientele?
Ironman wasn't consistent, while Moment of Truth flowed,
Hop your bitch ass off of Ghostface's chode.

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
^^^^Don't discredit him cuz he's from Canada...maybe he could still give us some free maple syrup...

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Moment of Truth is more consistent with a higher degree of quality but Ironman has some of my all time favourite beats and verses on there

it comes down to personal preference and without that we would all be cowardly sheep following the majority out of fear

Orhan Gencebay
04-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I Self Lord And Master, shall bring disaster to evil factors
Demonic chapters, shall be captured by Kings
Through the storms of days after
Unto the Earth from the Sun through triple darkness to blast ya
with a force that can't be compared
to any firepower, for it's mindpower shared
The brainwake, causes vessels to circulate
like constellations reflect at night off the lake
Word to the father, and Mother Earth
Seeking everlasting life through this Hell for what it's worth
Look listen and observe
and watch another C-Cypher pullin my peeps to the curb
Heed the words; it's like ghetto style proverbs
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve
Cannot afford to be confined to a cell
Brainwaves swell, turnin a desert to a well
Experience the best teacher; thoughts will spray
like street sweepers Little Daddy street preacher
Illustrious feature, narrator you select
Accompanied by Deck plus the DJ you respect
The seven and a half combine, over the frontline
The ten percenters, promotin slander in the airtime
Bear in mind jewels be the tools of the trade
Sharp veins heavenly praise and dues are paid

oldie
04-23-2006, 08:09 PM
i chose Ironman, Moment of Truth kinda bored on me after a while. i can still listen to Ironman from start to finish.

p.s. Deck on Clouds Above or Deck on Assassination Day?!?! two killer verses from him, i think i have to go with Clouds Above though.lol.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Gangstarr....

mos def..

Sweet Tartz
04-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Ironman, but I'm glad too see not much wu dickriders in here, the poll is very close..

meddmawamm
04-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Ironman but neither are top ten to me.

Dr. Seuss
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
A haiku for B-Hop:

Nobody likes you.
You reside in Canada.
We hate you, please die.

Bedlam
04-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Moment of Truth easy. Ironman is nice, but Moment of Truth is crazy because Guru acutally raps nice on it, unlike other Gangstarr shit

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 09:17 PM
A haiku for B-Hop:

Nobody likes you.
You reside in Canada.
We hate you, please die.

HA! And sorry for getting you mad, B-Hop...Canada is very nice, seriously...

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I noticed something...the majority of the people that voted for Ironman have Wu references in their names...and only one person who voted for Moment of Truth has a Wu ref (Wzarecta)...

snapple
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM
^^ not even....unless GZA for some reason isn't wu-tang then you didn't count me homie...

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
moment of truth, this is the best Gangstarr album, everything is in sync and top notch

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
04-23-2006, 09:57 PM
i chose Ironman, Moment of Truth kinda bored on me after a while. i can still listen to Ironman from start to finish.

p.s. Deck on Clouds Above or Deck on Assassination Day?!?! two killer verses from him, i think i have to go with Clouds Above though.lol.

it's Above the Clouds not Clouds Above

deadlymelody
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I went with Ironman. I can pick out 5 tracks from Moment of Truth and say that they are better than any other 5 songs from any other rap album. Over time, Ironman has better replay value for me. And I think as Moment of Truth went on, Guru got a liittle TOO monotonous. And as far as guest appearances, no contest Ironman takes that department.

I voted Ironman, but Moment of Truth is a masterpiece album.

Definitive X
04-23-2006, 10:37 PM
^^ not even....unless GZA for some reason isn't wu-tang then you didn't count me homie... Nah, but your screen name isn't GZA, it's snapple...check it again...

MaShPG
04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Damn, if MOT only lost by 6 on a Wu Tang forum, it would definitely beat Ironman on any regular Hip Hop forum.

Visionz
04-24-2006, 06:41 AM
this wouldn't even really be an issue if you just made the list go to the top 20. I'd put money on Outkast not placin any record in the top 10 here, which to me is absolutely crazy. For me personally, Aquemini just might be the best hip-hop album ever. Amazing beats,lyrics, creativity and subject matter. A truly worthy five-mic album if there ever was one.

Iron Man
04-24-2006, 10:47 AM
We had the purest MC and the greatest producer on one LP. How can i not go with Moment of truth.

Rebel_INS
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
LOL, gotta be discriminating cus I pointed out your foolishness huh? how about I call u a fucking porch monkey and we'll call it even mm-kay bitch?

dddddddddaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Wu-Tality
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Stop hating on eachothers opinions, its gonna be a top10 wutangcorp forum anyway. I voted Moment of Truth, Its hard to explain. Ironman is a great album too, but its even harder to compare these too since theyre alot different.

Edgar Erebus
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
this wouldn't even really be an issue if you just made the list go to the top 20.

Yeah, the only problem is that we have around twenty 20th places, so it technically ain't possible to make a 20 place list.

Blastah
04-24-2006, 03:36 PM
LOL, folks trying to sound all "rebellious" for their choice. Don't discourage folks for their choice, this is purely an opinion thread. "moment of truth" WAY better? LMFAO, I disagree whole heartetly, but hey thats my opinion. Sure, u folks can jump off the Wu's dick and all, but ya'll need to stop dick riding your ego

Lol being rebellious? Nah... Being a Rap fan who knows how to listen to albums? Most likely... Word, Ironman is better in your opinion, but, LMFAO, I also disagree whole heartely. But that's just MY OPINION! That's what this thread is about: opinion. I didn't encourage no one to follow my choice, I just made a wake up call: listen to albums equally, without lettin' your "fan spirit" get in the way of your choice. Now get yo a*s next to ya stereo with your bootleg copies of Moment Of Truth and Ironman, and listen carefuly... Maybe you will notice that Guru is absolutely on fire and that Primo's beats are of legendary status. Ironman IS a classic, but so is Moment Of Truth.

PDTantisocial
04-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Mot

ShaDynasty
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
dont get it at all!
'moment of truth' = worst gangstarr album, still 5 star
but how come their older albums arent in the top 10
step in the arena, daily operation, hard to earn are all much better

Bedlam
04-24-2006, 06:39 PM
dont get it at all!
'moment of truth' = worst gangstarr album, still 5 star
but how come their older albums arent in the top 10
step in the arena, daily operation, hard to earn are all much better

Moment of Truth is considered their best because Guru is actually entertaining on the album. He's so damn simple on their early ones. Plus the guest appearences on Moment of Truth are incredible. And the song Moment of Truth>any Gangstarr song.

deadlymelody
04-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Lol being rebellious? Nah... Being a Rap fan who knows how to listen to albums? Most likely... Word, Ironman is better in your opinion, but, LMFAO, I also disagree whole heartely. But that's just MY OPINION! That's what this thread is about: opinion. I didn't encourage no one to follow my choice, I just made a wake up call: listen to albums equally, without lettin' your "fan spirit" get in the way of your choice. Now get yo a*s next to ya stereo with your bootleg copies of Moment Of Truth and Ironman, and listen carefuly... Maybe you will notice that Guru is absolutely on fire and that Primo's beats are of legendary status. Ironman IS a classic, but so is Moment Of Truth.

So tracks like "Itz a Set Up" and "The Mall" and "She Knows what She Wants" are legendary? It seems many people here think Moment of Truth is a flawless album. Both of these albums have cons to them. It's a closer race than you think.

ShaDynasty
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Moment of Truth is considered their best because Guru is actually entertaining on the album. He's so damn simple on their early ones. Plus the guest appearences on Moment of Truth are incredible. And the song Moment of Truth>any Gangstarr song.

hmmmm
youre wrong

MaShPG
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
hmmmm
youre wrong

damn...what a compelling argument.

Blastah
04-25-2006, 12:03 AM
So tracks like "Itz a Set Up" and "The Mall" and "She Knows what She Wants" are legendary? It seems many people here think Moment of Truth is a flawless album. Both of these albums have cons to them. It's a closer race than you think.

Word, you do have a point: but notice that I never said that Moment Of Truth is flawless, neither an ABSOLUTE classic. Still, its better than Ironman.

Edgar Erebus
04-26-2006, 03:43 PM
C'mon, some more votes...

Smif-N-Wessun
04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
gangstarr, mos def...

THE W
04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
if you wanted unbiased(or at least less biased) opinions then you either shouldn't have done this poll on a hiphop group/artist fansite or you shouldnt have included albums from the artist/group that this fansite is for.

having said that im going with ironman. i have both albums and MOT is a great album but i actually like daily operation better. ironman has the upperhand on both albums beatwise and lyric wise. i personally think premo is way better when he only has to do 1 or 2 beats for an album, but i digress.

all opinions are fundamentally biased cuz we all have different musical tastes, but i believe im being as objective as i possibly can.

ironwizard
04-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Moment of truth

Edgar Erebus
04-27-2006, 03:23 AM
if you wanted unbiased(or at least less biased) opinions then you either shouldn't have done this poll on a hiphop group/artist fansite or you shouldnt have included albums from the artist/group that this fansite is for.

having said that im going with ironman. i have both albums and MOT is a great album but i actually like daily operation better. ironman has the upperhand on both albums beatwise and lyric wise. i personally think premo is way better when he only has to do 1 or 2 beats for an album, but i digress.

all opinions are fundamentally biased cuz we all have different musical tastes, but i believe im being as objective as i possibly can.

I also noticed that opinions are biased, but fuck it, I ain't got no nerves to do all that counting shit once again. It is still better than fucking MTV's list, who kicked out 36 Chambers in favor of Makaveli. I mean, both albums are dope, but I think that Wu really should be on the list of top 10. So now I got mine, 5 Wu albums on the top 10 list....

Maybe I'ma repeat this sometime at UGHH, but for now I'm sick and tired of counting.

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Ironman

i find it funny that a user called " Iron man " has voted for moment of truth

Ghost In The 'Lac
04-27-2006, 07:06 AM
I. It is still better than fucking MTV's list, who kicked out 36 Chambers in favor of Makaveli..
stupid fucks, when did they do this? no suprise though, in fact it makes me love 36 even more, if they morons at MTV like it while theyre playing Nelly and Ja rule all the time, thats no insult to Wu.

theyre just continuting theyre crusade to try to erase all the real hip hop from history

knight
04-27-2006, 08:22 AM
ghost's supreme is better than Ironman....I voted Moment of truth

MefMan36
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
I love ghost, and Ironman is one of my fav wu albums, but Moment of Truth takes it. That album was impeccable

The Antagonist
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
1. Wu-Tang Clan -- Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) -- 52 votes
2. Nas -- Illmatic -- 42 votes
3. GZA/Genius -- Liquid Swords -- 37 votes
4. Raekwon -- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx -- 30 votes
5. The Notorious B.I.G -- Ready to Die -- 18 votes
6. Wu-Tang Clan -- Wu-Tang Forever -- 17 votes
7. Big L -- Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous -- 15 votes
8. Mobb Deep -- The Infamous -- 14 votes
9. Eric B. & Rakim -- Paid in Full -- 13 votes
10. Gang Starr -- Moment of Truth -- 10 votes
Ghostface Killah -- Ironman -- 10 votes

This list sucks dick. Did Reflection Eternal seriously only get two votes?

deadlymelody
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
^
Oh wow Reflection Eternal has no business in a top 10 all time hip hop albums list. Pretty good album, but don't stretch it.

I think that list is very very good, although Im not sure of Big's album much because I didn't think the production was solid throughout. That's a damn good top 10 list though.

The Antagonist
04-27-2006, 08:36 PM
WAY too many Wu-Tang solo albums are in that list. Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords aren't better than Reflection Eternal. And even if it isn't Reflection Eternal theres a lot of others that could take their place. It seems like a couple albums just got in there because there by chance just because theres some fans on the site. I mean, c'mon, Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous? Top 10 ever? Oh well, this is a Wu-Tang site after all, what did I expect.

deadlymelody
04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
^
You truly are out of your mind. There is absolutely no way in hell Reflection Eternal is a top 10 album all time. Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are better than 99.99999999% of albums that have ever came out.

MaShPG
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Well Blackstar is certainly better than Forever. I mean seriously...do you expect anybody to respect this list that comes from a Wu Tang Stan...er, Fan site where 5/10 of the albums are wu? Ya'll must be crazy.

THE W
04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Well Blackstar is certainly better than Forever. I mean seriously...do you expect anybody to respect this list that comes from a Wu Tang Stan...er, Fan site where 5/10 of the albums are wu? Ya'll must be crazy.
pretty much, the data is tainted

12weLvE
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
hmm...we all know damn well if we put this poll on a Gang Starr forum the results would be different...

I noticed that you have been posting a lot of stuff on how if this was on another hip hop forum or if this wasnt a Wu-Tang forum Ganstar would win, but when "Slim T" started the top 10 Hip hop albums thread he specifically said that this is "our top 10." Meaning WU-Tang Corp.com's top 10.

Edgar Erebus
04-28-2006, 03:35 AM
I noticed that you have been posting a lot of stuff on how if this was on another hip hop forum or if this wasnt a Wu-Tang forum Ganstar would win, but when "Slim T" started the top 10 Hip hop albums thread he specifically said that this is "our top 10." Meaning WU-Tang Corp.com's top 10.

Word up. I said, I'll maybe repeat this on sum other forum, but for now I'm lazy to count.

Claustrofobic
04-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Gangstarr....

mos def..

Mos Def is in Black Star not Gang Starr

MaShPG
04-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Mos Def is in Black Star not Gang Starr

smh.

And to the above responses, I still think it would be better for us to compile a list as Hip Hop fans, instead of Wu Tang Stans.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
the list is god damn dope

stop bitching

12weLvE
04-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Yo Slim...I think Ironman wins. You should make the top 10 official now.

Wu-Tang corp's top 10 hip-hop albums of all time:

1. Wu-Tang Clan -- Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
2. Nas -- Illmatic
3. GZA/Genius -- Liquid Swords
4. Raekwon -- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
5. The Notorious B.I.G -- Ready to Die
6. Wu-Tang Clan -- Wu-Tang Forever
7. Big L -- Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
8. Mobb Deep -- The Infamous
9. Eric B. & Rakim -- Paid in Full
10.Ghostface Killah -- Ironman

Conclusion: Nice fucking list (Props to Slim for doing this)

venex
04-28-2006, 02:16 PM
iron man...

but it's really hard...

peace!

venex
04-28-2006, 02:17 PM

2. Nas -- Illmatic

yeah, that list is VERY nice !!!!

peace!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-28-2006, 02:18 PM

2. Nas -- Illmatic

pick one track from each of those in order to make

Wu-Tang corp's top 10 hip-hop albums of all time: Mixtape

12weLvE
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Yo Punch get that thread started!!!

snapple
04-28-2006, 04:53 PM
wu-tang clan - protect ya neck
nas - lifes a bitch
gza - duel of the iron mic
BIG - gimme the loot
ghostface - black jesus
big L - MVP
rakim - i aint no joke
mobb deep - eye for an eye
raekwon - gullitone(swordz)
hellz wind staff

deadlymelody
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
smh.

And to the above responses, I still think it would be better for us to compile a list as Hip Hop fans, instead of Wu Tang Stans.

In that case my list wouldnt change a fucking bit.