PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z rapping really fast?

Bedlam
04-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I've heard alot of shit recently about Jay-Z rapping really fast a long time ago, so i was wondering if someone can upload a track or something with him rappin fast, because I've never heard him do that. Some dude said he was faster than Twista, I'd like to hear it.

J-DON
04-24-2006, 12:36 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yLC7ZcSTzag&search=jay%20z

Original Flavour - Can I Get Open f/Jay-Z

crass
04-24-2006, 12:40 AM
haha that song rules, thanks!

Bedlam
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
that wasn't that fast, I mean he had a few bars that were quick, but no where near twista. Song was cool though

Bone Collecta
04-24-2006, 12:51 AM
back when he was biting twista yeah lmao

Marse Creation
04-24-2006, 01:19 AM
when he freestyled at Big Daddy Kane's birthday party.. back in like '93 or some shit. Dukes was sounding like Fu-Schnickens lol

odot27
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
he goes fast for a few bars on Big L's da graveyard

Edgar Erebus
04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
The Originators, with Big Jaz. He was REAL fast there

Bone Collecta
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
The Originators, with Big Jaz. He was REAL fast there

they were not the originators

CYENCE
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
That was the name of the song
That's why "Nigga Waht, Nigga Who?" is called "Originators 98"

IvanKorbi
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
haaaha, that track was crazy. big ups.

Bone Collecta
04-24-2006, 03:42 PM
0-2 :clap:

actually ur wrong that song with jaz o and jay was hawaian(sp?) sophie was released in 92 jaz o wasnt rapping fast and neither was jay-z

Twista's first album was released in 91 called Running off at da mouth where he rapped fast and slow

so actually YOU lost:loser:

the surgeon
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
i cant get with that jay goes really my first song on the black album's quite fast,the grave yard on big L's albums fast,and show and prove wid big daddy kane,odb,sauce money is that ur bitch is fast 2

PANDA PISS
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
i cant get with that jay goes really my first song on the black album's quite fast,the grave yard on big L's albums fast,and show and prove wid big daddy kane,odb,sauce money is that ur bitch is fast 2

yeah good track
how about 'I Can't Get With That'
i believe, was his first solo track, first video anyway
very fast styles

the surgeon
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
yeah it was his first and he released his in my lifetime tune around the same time

MaShPG
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
sonned with much evidence. bone collecta is probably gonna call him a backpacker now or something...

MsRzaRecTaH
04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
lol!! word ..

Bone Collecta
04-25-2006, 12:19 AM
look stupid i thought they meant to say that they were the originators of tongue twisting. i wasnt saying that he didnt call himself the originator so in that case its

1-1 u dick

maestro wooz
04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
no way its definetley 2-0. You dont get points for not editing

Bone Collecta
04-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Jay-z was biting Twista's style cause Twista started it. fool

maestro wooz
04-25-2006, 02:31 AM
twista invented rapping fast? keep shaking your head uncle tom

Bone Collecta
04-25-2006, 02:36 AM
im an uncle tom in what way?

tounge twisting is even named after twista when his name was tung twista

faggot

CYENCE
04-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Jay-z was biting Twista's style cause Twista started it. fool

Peep the last verse of JJ Fad's "Supersonic" (1988)

JackTrippa718JR
04-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Check for the song Show N prove on big daddy kane's album with Jay, ODB, and shyhiem.

GhettoGnom
04-25-2006, 10:13 AM

faggot

lol, that was stupid

maestro wooz
04-25-2006, 01:06 PM

faggot

the fuck is "tongue twisting"? face it, anyway you try to phrase it or say it, youre gonna be wrong because twista didnt invent shit and he sucks. Talk about "hood anthems" and "rapping for the streets"(what the fuck does that have to do with anything anyways) but i have never, in my life, for a second, seen ANY twista album, in anyones top 30 albums, except for probaly yours. Hes an average emcee who happens to be able to rap really fast, thats fucking all. Get off his dick

Bone Collecta
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM
the fuck is "tongue twisting"? face it, anyway you try to phrase it or say it, youre gonna be wrong because twista didnt invent shit and he sucks. Talk about "hood anthems" and "rapping for the streets"(what the fuck does that have to do with anything anyways) but i have never, in my life, for a second, seen ANY twista album, in anyones top 30 albums, except for probaly yours. Hes an average emcee who happens to be able to rap really fast, thats fucking all. Get off his dick

you are really an idiot

1) he doesnt suck
2) i didnt say that the shit he made made him great.
3) ive said in the twista thread that hes good but not GREAT but ur a dumb ass so you dont get it.
4) so what his albums are not in anyones top list? that means what? nothing exactly
5) lick a ball sac
6) :tease:
7) you are a hater kid truely
8) bow to the :king:

12weLvE
04-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Theres a couple of other joints where he is rappin fast like that. I like the way he used to hold it down back then, better than
Twista i ll tell you that much.

Edgar Erebus
04-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I still claim that even Busta Rhymes can rap faster than Jay, for example: Gimme Some More or Break Ya Neck

Bedlam
04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Bone Collecta's lost it. He used to at least have some points when he argued stupid shit, but now.... smh

Prolifical ENG
04-26-2006, 03:36 PM
try to find this:

jayz-underground_(1989-1994)-(bootleg)-1994-vinyl_int

and yes, in those days a lot of rappers were going really fast with a lot of syllabels.

i might upload a few tracks from that.

maestro wooz
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Bone Collecta's lost it. He used to at least have some points when he argued stupid shit, but now.... smh

honestly

Kong
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
you are really an idiot

5) lick a ball sac
6) :tease:

8) bow to the :king:

hahahaha

Kong
04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
i dont think jay would of been half as big if he kept that style, not saying it was wack, just looking at what makes it today.

Prolifical ENG
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
jay_z_-_1991_freestyle_at_big_daddy_kanes_b-day_party-vinyl
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H94LT4MA
jay_z_-_freestyle_from_93-vinyl
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AVLPDN9Z
jayz-original_flavor_-_many_styles-vinyl
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKEWD1JE

here is the whole tracklisting from that:

01.jay z - 1991 freestyle at big [00:59] ██
██ daddy kanes b-day party ------- ██
██ 02.jay z - whats in a name [04:24] ██
██ 03.jay z - i cant git wit that [03:25] ██
██ 04.jay z - freestyle from 93 [01:34] ██
██ 05.jay z - in my lifetime [02:22] ██
██ (1st version) ------- ██
██ 06.jay z - its that simple [00:51] ██
██ 07.jay z big daddy kane - show and [00:49] ██
██ prove ------- ██
██ 08.jay z sauce money - livin it up [04:28] ██
██ 09.jaz o and jay z - hawian sophie [02:17] ██
██ 10.jaz o and jay z - originators [03:57] ██
██ and originators 99 ------- ██
██ 11.original flavor - can i git open [00:52] ██
██ 12.original flavor - many styles [00:42] ██
██ 13.rude boyz feat jay z - my kind [03:26] ██
██ of girl ------- ██
███ 30:06 min

Bedlam
04-26-2006, 04:15 PM
^thanks alot

THE W
04-26-2006, 04:53 PM
i remember raekwon in an old interview said he used to rap fast back in the day.

he does it on "gotta get paid".

PANDA PISS
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
when did twista start rappin?
when did jay start rappin?
if you research youll find jay-z was rappin fast before twista, bone thugs etc
altho its difficult to say who really originated the style

Bone Collecta
04-27-2006, 12:43 AM
when did twista start rappin?
when did jay start rappin?
if you research youll find jay-z was rappin fast before twista, bone thugs etc
altho its difficult to say who really originated the style

prove it. Twista's first album came out in 91 which means he wa rapping fast way b4 then. his first album was just that time.

Bedlam
04-27-2006, 08:53 PM
^ its really not that novel of a concept, rapping fast. Its very possible that people all across the country were doing it throughout the 80's. I seriously doubt that everyone never thought of rapping fast, then heard Twista and went "OHH WOW, RAPPING FAST, HOW DID HE THINK OF THAT?"

Just let it go, there is no one originator of rapping fast.

xHard to Earnx
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Halftime: I want to talk about back in the days when you used to go around town just battling cats. There was a rumor that you and Jay-Z battled one time. Is there any truth to that and if so what was the outcome of that one?

GZA: Yea, that’s true. It wasn’t like a battle but we came across each other’s paths. Actually it was me and Dirty. We ran into Jay-Z in Bushwick. We used to go to Ansar Ru Allah community, it was this whole community of Muslims, to go buy the wheat pizza and they used to have this talent show every week. We weren’t performing against each other but we happened to run into him one time out there. We were like yea we emcee and he was like he emcee and we went back and forth with a couple of darts and that was that. He was very arrogant at the time….

Halftime: At the time? haha

GZA: Aiight, he still is. He was very cocky. We weren’t as cocky but we were just as confident. So we both had the vibe like yea you ain’t do nothing to me. We had the same type of attitude but it was all cool. He was rhyming much much faster, you remember how he used to rhyme. He was super fast back then. He’s a clever emcee, he’s always got it and he’s still nice. I’ll give it to him. He put his work in. But that was that it wasn’t no Kool Moe Dee vs. Busy Bee situation. We just went back and forth with a few verses and that was that. He was asked about it on MTV. Sway asked him like, ‘You battled GZA, you beat Genius?’ and Jay-Z was like c’mon man.

Bedlam
04-27-2006, 09:39 PM
^ its really not that novel of a concept, rapping fast. Its very possible that people all across the country were doing it throughout the 80's. I seriously doubt that everyone never thought of rapping fast, then heard Twista and went "OHH WOW, RAPPING FAST, HOW DID HE THINK OF THAT?"

I just didn't want my post being lost at the end of the page, I think it's a pretty good point

Bone Collecta
04-28-2006, 12:33 AM

says who? and yes there is an originator just ppl did it differently in different areas.

the style is called tongue twisting btw

and yes Bone thugs and twista were both rapping fast around the same years but they were doing it differently.

Jay-z has bit many rappers i wouldnt be suprised if he bit this style

J-Ronin
04-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Jaz-O was rapping with a triplet fast style using multis in the mid 80's . This is why he is known as the originator. he was the first known for that. Read the interview he did on hip-hopgame.com

peace

Bone Collecta
04-28-2006, 12:35 AM
GZA: Aiight, he still is. He was very cocky. We weren’t as cocky but we were just as confident. So we both had the vibe like yea you ain’t do nothing to me. We had the same type of attitude but it was all cool. He was rhyming much much faster, you remember how he used to rhyme. He was super fast back then. He’s a clever emcee, he’s always got it and he’s still nice. I’ll give it to him. He put his work in. But that was that it wasn’t no Kool Moe Dee vs. Busy Bee situation. We just went back and forth with a few verses and that was that. He was asked about it on MTV. Sway asked him like, ‘You battled GZA, you beat Genius?’ and Jay-Z was like c’mon man.

and this doesnt prove anything lol. an interview? no dates?

Oztradamus
04-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Dayum, I haven't seen that video in ages.. Can I Get Open..

Jigga ripped that shit, word up... He's just too ill..

dreday99
04-28-2006, 01:12 AM
bone, didnt u just get finished tellin me u are hardly even on the corp.?

Bone Collecta
04-28-2006, 01:57 AM
did you not notice that i just now logged on dumb ass. how have i been on here all day when i just logged on and its late at night u dumb fuck smh you ppl really are stupid

zeppelin2k
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
STOP THIS FUCKING NON-SENSE

lol

Jay-Z rapped fast THAT IS THE POINT, not WHO rapped fastest FIRST

and TWISTA does SUCK

as for fast rapping pop in some big pun, not THAT fast but dude puts words together like no other 'hardest, largest artist, hearts just collapsed' fucking ill (random I know, but so is the rest of this board lol)

snapple
04-28-2006, 03:56 PM
^^people on here hate so hard

dreday99
05-02-2006, 03:34 AM
did you not notice that i just now logged on dumb ass. how have i been on here all day when i just logged on and its late at night u dumb fuck smh you ppl really are stupid

i never said u was on all day, where'd u get that from? remember you're the one who said you're hardly on here, not me. i'm just tryna get away from your posts, but you seem to be in every thread. and that internet thug talk is cute too, i won't respond in kind, it's silly. it's like flipping some1 the bird who cuts u off driving. it's easy cuz you can drive away and be as bold as you wanna.

Bone Collecta
05-02-2006, 03:43 AM
every thread? now ur really a dumb ass. :lmao:

quit making up shit.

dreday99
05-03-2006, 03:34 PM
your like an ugly ex i can't get away from u! hehe