PDA

View Full Version : internet forums

LHX
04-24-2006, 11:47 AM
what are internet forums?

what do they represent at this point in history?

what does it mean that we can all communicate without having to see one another?

note - there are over 100,000,000 forums

can forums be patrolled?

now that it is so easy for us to communicate - what can we do with this?

trolling

what are internet trolls?

why do they do what they do?

i also want yall to let me know when it is okay to delete posts
and when it isnt

i dont like deleting anything
because i dont want the responsibility of controlling what yall see
but
it is your forum
so let me know what needs to stay and what needs to go

i want to determine what this is and what it is supposed to be

any insights?

PEACE

froth
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
all i can say is thecorpse.com answers all these questions and more

LHX
04-24-2006, 03:17 PM
the corpse is a good forum

top 10 easy

JASPER
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
the corpse is a good forum

top 10 easyYou have got to be kidding.

I don't feel like typing out answers and stuff, because I'm drunk and stuff, but this is a good topic.

LHX
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
what up man

you dont drop by no more?

JASPER
04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
My ghetto pass has been revoked.

Nah, this forum bores the piss out of me. I don't care about the historical views of a bunch of deprived Africans.

LHX
04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
fair enough

i guess theres a time and a place for everything

peace

Aqua Luna
04-24-2006, 04:46 PM
My ghetto pass has been revoked.

Nah, this forum bores the piss out of me. I don't care about the historical views of a bunch of deprived Africans.

Word?...
so, what do you care about?

LHX
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
i was just about to ask that

jasper is a sharp dude

if this section is boring then something gotta be done about it

iniquity
04-25-2006, 02:15 AM
i was just about to ask that

jasper is a sharp dude

if this section is boring then something gotta be done about it

Isn't this the dude that was banned because he posted some racist remarks? And why does KTL have to be fun? Isn't that why we have the Gen chat? :?

maestro wooz
04-25-2006, 02:19 AM
back on topic and off of jasper the racist(yes he really is) pedophile(yes he also really is)

internet forums are really wierd. You can really BE anyone you want to and contribute any type of commentary with or without any type of credibility. Its a phenomen thats either gonna have amazingly good or negative effects in the next crop of kids. People will build their real life personalities as well as their online personalities. Expect alot of written word, "literature" or not, to come up in the next 100 years

7EL7
04-25-2006, 02:20 AM
the truth is never fun for the devil

jasper wants to say wicked demented shit and not be called on it

fuck him

you want fun, go stick your dick into an outlet while sipping on some water you won't lose much in the process

Kong
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM
forums are good to get information to people in conversation, they can take there time with what you are saying.

i checked the corpse a long time ago i remember laughing but thinking this is hell on a forum.

JASPER
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I've contributed to this forum. I have made loads of good posts in here, but no one cared because I didn't push some kind of underlaying black supremacy message. If that makes sense.

This forum makes me fucking puke, but LHX is doing a good job.

Prolifical ENG
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
"forum", fancy word for room is pretty much like a chat room in some way. But its more like an online bulletin board....exactly why they are called "message boards".

what is a troll? A troll is someone who makes topics, "troll topics" which are not meant to really discuss something such as finding answers etc., but rather just to cause an outrage of flames from the other posters.

when to delete posts? when they seem problematic for the thread, rather than locking the whole thread, deleting a few posts that are off topic can save the thread from conflict.

Aqueous Moon
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
for - ummms

forms

for em' to farm thoughts.

lol...that was wack

Kong
04-25-2006, 09:45 PM
lol

Aqua Luna
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
yes...please excuse my wack word play lol

maestro wooz
04-26-2006, 01:17 AM
what is a troll? A troll is someone who makes topics, "troll topics" which are not meant to really discuss something such as finding answers etc., but rather just to cause an outrage of flames from the other posters.

ah shit

Aqua Luna
04-26-2006, 01:23 AM
shiiiit

Visionz
04-26-2006, 01:41 AM
I guess every once in a while I'll have a troll tendency. I did that with the Outkast thread today, but I'll be damned someone call Outkast the wackest ever. I couldn't take it. But shouldn't it matter where the conversation is at? Don't some things belong in general chat if someone knows it's trollish? It'd piss me off to see some things in here cause its KTL that wouldn't bother me in general chat or maybe the hip-hop section.

As far as forum in general, I'll seek out forums that I know will disagree with about anything I have to say. Most people here are at least fairly open-minded, so I'll show up in a Bush chatroom to talk about 9/11 conspiracies, basically because when you talk to them you realize they're the actuall conspiracy theories because all their excuses have holes in them a mile wide. I keep breaking through their misconceptions to see if I can actually make them accept the truth. Which in all likely hood will never happen. But I feel like maybe they need to hear it the most. Most people in here probably know the deal or at least highly scepticall of anything Bush says without me sayin a word. It's the sleepwalker who need to be opened up. I try to do my part every now and then.