PDA

View Full Version : taking care of your teeth

THE W
04-26-2006, 03:27 PM
there was a thread here on the dangers of flouridated water. if flouridated water is supposedly not good for you, then what about toothpaste? its thats bad then what are the alternative ways to take care of your teeth and breath?

im guess im speaking to those who claimed that flouride(or at least the levels of it that are currently in our water) was bad for you.

TeknicelStylez
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Thats a good question, I was told by my cousin who generally does alot of research on alternative medicines and so forth, and he told me fresh garlic and parsley or something like that is good for the teeth.

Prince Rai
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
swalloing it is dangerous. for teeth they are ok!

LHX
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
tooth paste is not good for you

e/o/t

THE W
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
so toothpaste is fine as long as you spit that stuff out eh?

Kong
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
yeah i was going to say. proberly if u swallow it.

why is it bad and what does it do to you?

Prolifical ENG
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
If people are really concerned about that and take really good care of their teeth, they use baking soda.

LHX
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
it is bad because

1 - it is anti-biotic
2 - it is almost entirely composed of synthetic chemicals

why does everybody forget that your mouth is part of the digestive system?

it is okay to put in your mouth but dont swallow?

thats fuckin ridiculous

what about shit? is it okay to eat shit as long as you dont swallow?

what if a woman sucks a dick with aids?
is it okay if she takes it in the mouth as long as she spits it out?

P-Noid Brown
04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
5%ers use salt and water.

LHX
04-26-2006, 03:56 PM
eat vegetables

chew your food

saliva kills everything bad

Kong
04-26-2006, 04:08 PM
are there not toothpastes without harmfull shit in?

i use colgate. i dident stop to think toothpaste would be bad for you.

Prince Rai
04-26-2006, 04:19 PM
enlightening!

THE W
04-26-2006, 05:32 PM
so what other harmful things are in toothpaste besides the flouride?

ShaDynasty
04-26-2006, 05:33 PM
I Never Had A Problem With My Teeth Or Gums
And I Used Toothpaste All My Life
I Like To Think I Eat Healthily And Shit

I Fuck haters
04-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Very important. I brush my teeth too much.

Aqueous Moon
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
If people are really concerned about that and take really good care of their teeth, they use baking soda.

Very true...although it doesn't taste too good. lol

I used to use baking soda now I use organic toothpaste.

THE W
04-26-2006, 09:41 PM
so what are the risks for those who continue to use toothpaste? i've been using it for most of my life and im not experiencing any dier health problems.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
i just chew tobacco. fuck my teeth.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-26-2006, 09:43 PM
id have to look at the ingredients been awhile...but a good rule of thumb for anything is if you cant pronounce it dont consume it

well i don't (and i hope no one else does) swallow my toothpaste.

My First Timbs
04-26-2006, 10:02 PM
it dont matter shit still gets absorbed thru your gums just like your chewing tobacco staight to your bloood stream. alot of people over loook the fact that skin is part of your immune system and it absorbs eveything. imagine how much shit you absorb daily

what ur referring to is called "buccal absorbtion" or "sublingual absorbtion"

it isnt thru the gums but rather thru the fleshy part of the cheek and under the tongue.

not everything is permeable thru skin tho

DREW-DIE$EL
04-26-2006, 10:22 PM
well ok, we got buccal absorbtion. but still what is the damage that toothpaste can have on us? is this all related to the "flouride brainwashing scare" or what??

galt john galt
04-26-2006, 10:27 PM
when low baking soda with a rinse of hydrogen peroxide, when funded the sensitive for receeding gums. be sure to floss. and get that tongue - don't want food stains.

LHX
04-26-2006, 10:49 PM
red tooth powder

or dont brush them at all

THE W
04-26-2006, 11:06 PM
while we're talkin about toothcare let me ask.

what do you guys think of electric toothbrushes. they can get expensive, are the benefits worth the cost?

PS. red tooth powder? explain.

LHX
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
they use red tooth powder in india i think

its made of pure herbs

do a google search

LHX
04-26-2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.dabur.com/EN/products/personal_care/Oral_Care/LalDantManjan/

red tooth powder

thelion1856
04-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Flouride & what it does to yourbody.....

Flouride is synthetic (not natural) and it is considered a poison. In high amounts it will kill a person. Flouride gas can kill humans.

What flouride does to the human body when digested......

Flouride scratches and makes microscopic scars and scratches inside of arteries. It scratches and tears up the walls of arteries which then become rigged and not soft and smooth like they should be. Because of the scatches and ruffness of the inside walls of the arteries, they become easier for cholesterol to get caught on them and build up. Once cholesterol builds up inside your arteries you will get a heart attack or stroke. This is what causes heart attacks and strokes. It is called Atherosclerosis and can be caused by flouride in the body.

Flouride gas in high amounts will instantly kill if it gets in the lungs. Flouride has been used as a weapon in wars.

What is even worse than flouride in your drinking water is flouride from your shower. Your skin absorbes more water than when you drink it especially in a hot steam shower. This flouride goes right through your skin, do what i did.

I bought a shower filter that filters out flouride off the net, just search for one. It fuckin rocks and keeps the flouride out so i dont breath in that moist shit.

Read the book "What they dont want you to know" by kevin tridel, yeah the dude that you see on the news people dissin saying he's not a doctor. If u read the book it talks bout all this narly ass shit.

Kong
04-27-2006, 07:05 AM

red tooth powder

thanks!, ordered some from here.

http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/dabur/redtoothpowder.htm

LHX
04-27-2006, 08:13 AM
thanks!, ordered some from here.

http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/dabur/redtoothpowder.htm

nice

your teeth will love it

its a taste sensation

knewcheeze
04-27-2006, 01:18 PM
strawberries is natures toothpaste....sometimes if my breath is really funky i brush my teeth and tongue with lemon juice......

avoid meat dairy grains salt sugar......if you eat a diet of fruits and veggies your breath will eventually smell fruity and nice.....

LHX
11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
bumped for the new guy

Sicka than aidZ
11-30-2006, 10:47 PM
my mom said flouride isnt that harmful

the silencer
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
so theres a new guy and all the sudden we start bringin back the KTL threads that were actually good and informing??

we needed a new guy for that?

recluse
11-30-2006, 11:46 PM

red tooth powder

just ordered some of this... is it like brushing with baking soda?

LHX
12-01-2006, 12:24 AM
so theres a new guy and all the sudden we start bringin back the KTL threads that were actually good and informing??

we needed a new guy for that?

sometimes good things happen by accident

i was actually trying to be sarcastic and make the point that maybe we shouldnt start new threads for things that have already been discussed

but
it turns out that it is actually good to bring all this stuff back up

jokes on me

somebody nominate the new guy for a award

best new poster to sign up on November 30, 2006

LHX
12-01-2006, 12:28 AM
just ordered some of this... is it like brushing with baking soda?

its hard to describe

its a red powder
and you brush your teeth with it

and it cleans them
but
it doesnt have a long list of synthetic chemicals

it feels proper, but that might just be psychosomatic

truth is
now that i eat right i dont even brush my teeth anymore

EAGLE EYE
12-01-2006, 02:03 AM
My sister is a dental hygienist, she would laugh pretty hard if she read this thread.

Alesco
12-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Dont smoke crack

Dont Chase heroin

Alesco
12-01-2006, 03:37 AM
Dont smoke crack

Dont Chase heroin

Also.

When ya take methadone, It fucks ya teeth right up.

I aint got no real teeth left man. Faulse teeth for me huh...

I do, Still have my SOUL though, As that cant be replaced. lol

7EL7
12-01-2006, 03:42 AM
My sister is a dental hygienist, she would laugh pretty hard if she read this thread.

and alot of doctors do not out live their patients

LHX
12-01-2006, 08:45 AM

laughter can be therapeutic

Sexy Jasper
12-01-2006, 08:58 AM
laughter can be therapeutic
HAHAAHAAAAAA

knewcheeze
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
PEACE
number one stop eating junk food especially SUGAR....eliminate sugar from your diet

2...use activated charcoal to brush yow teef...shit works....u can buy it in powder form at the health food stowe

iniquity
12-01-2006, 12:40 PM

http://www.colgateprofessional.com/ColgateProfessional/Home/US/EN/Products/ProductItems/ColgateTotal/product_image.jpg >http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/dabur/redtoothpowder.jpg

100pr00f
12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
who cares if it is bad shit it aint killing us slowly
we are dying slowly any way
right

shit peeps still live to be over a hundred

most peeps today in are age dont want to be 100
i know i dont

Frontal Lobotomy
12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Brushing them is always a good start

THE W
04-24-2007, 06:50 PM
who cares if it is bad shit it aint killing us slowly
we are dying slowly any way
right

shit peeps still live to be over a hundred

most peeps today in are age dont want to be 100
i know i dont
we're all gonna die but we all dont have to be sick and decrepid. absorbing flouride into your body over so many decades of your life degrades your body, along with all the other crap we consume.

you think people in their 60's and 70's with all sorts of health problems are like that because of their age?

Marvin
04-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Very Important.

WARPATH
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Don't kiss whores. You can catch their mouth bacteria. Real shit.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm bumping this to see what other suggestions people have for healthy teeth?

A friend of mine says it's all genetic anyway and there's nothing you can do about it. I can kinda agree with this as I brush regular (the works, floss, wash etc.) and still need work done pretty often.

Do you think it's as simple as taking more supplements like Vit D and Calcium? I personally think this would be more effective than what you are brushing your teeth with.

Has anyone come across anything else they'd suggest trying?

Sense-A
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
do not drink any soda. I gave up soda 2 years ago. It was tough at first but i substituted it with beer so no problem!

absolutely no hard candy!

drink coffee with only one sugar. no more. though it will still stain teeth.

baking soda is a good suggestion. gargling with warm salt water is good too.

who said to use garlic? lol good luck getting your lady to stick around

also coke will fuck your teeth up. all the grinding and clenching is bad.

go to dentist at least once a year for cleaning. no matter what you can't keep your mug as fresh as it'll feel after a good hygienist cleansing.

I have lost one tooth in back. a root canal saved it for about 6-7 years but it eventually failed. Implants cost about $2000-3000 and insurance doesn't cover it. They actually drill a screw into your jawbone. Trust me you don't want to suffer it. Brush your fucking teeth!

Uncle Steezo
05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
damn where is lacey when u need him

Sky Blue Bally Kid
05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
do not drink any soda. I gave up soda 2 years ago. It was tough at first but i substituted it with beer so no problem!

absolutely no hard candy!

drink coffee with only one sugar. no more. though it will still stain teeth.

baking soda is a good suggestion. gargling with warm salt water is good too.

who said to use garlic? lol good luck getting your lady to stick around

also coke will fuck your teeth up. all the grinding and clenching is bad.

go to dentist at least once a year for cleaning. no matter what you can't keep your mug as fresh as it'll feel after a good hygienist cleansing.

I have lost one tooth in back. a root canal saved it for about 6-7 years but it eventually failed. Implants cost about $2000-3000 and insurance doesn't cover it. They actually drill a screw into your jawbone. Trust me you don't want to suffer it. Brush your fucking teeth!

Yeah but beer can contain sugar too.

In terms of a supplement you take, Microcrystalline hydroxyapatite sounds a good option but hasn't been researched to any great extent. However, the limited trials showed positive results.

Prolifical ENG
05-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm bumping this to see what other suggestions people have for healthy teeth?

A friend of mine says it's all genetic anyway and there's nothing you can do about it. I can kinda agree with this as I brush regular (the works, floss, wash etc.) and still need work done pretty often.

Do you think it's as simple as taking more supplements like Vit D and Calcium? I personally think this would be more effective than what you are brushing your teeth with.

Has anyone come across anything else they'd suggest trying?

The genetic thing is true in a way. I acquired good teeth genetics from my old man. I never needed work done and there were times in my life where I did half assed brushes once a day and thats it. However my old man is in his 60s and some of his teeth broke off. He takes good care of his teeth in the last few decades but said at one time he didnt at all and its catches up to you.

You also need to look after your gums. I take 500-1000mg of vitamin C daily especially in the winter for an immune system boost but it also helps prevent gingivitis.

WARPATH
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't kiss whores. Damn, I said that over 3 years ago. I'm saying it again. Don't kiss them whores.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
05-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Good stuff. I also read your body absorbs less calcium from skimmed and semi skimmed milk because the body needs the fat in full fat milk to process it (but I can't find the source I read this from now).

That's an eye opener if that's true.