PDA

View Full Version : Best of MF Doom

deadlymelody
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I recently got into MF Doom's music and I gotta say, he is a very, very creative producer. Makes lazy, droning sounding beats that such a dope feel to them. It's unlike any other producer i've heard. I have his Operation Doomsday album which is very good and Madvillainy, which was probably the best Hip Hop album of 2004 along with No Said Date. What do you think is MF Doom's best work? Whats your favorite beat?

King Justice
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah i got into MF Doom recently too one of my favorites beats is the beat From Deep Fried Friends on MM...FOOD:thumbup:

12weLvE
04-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Is a fight between Operation Doomsday and MM Food... But Viktor Vaugh Vaudeville Villain is very good too.

Best beat, thats hard, so many good ones. But I am into his creative work. I go with Tick, Tick. Honorable mentions would be Hoe Cakes from MM Food "SUPA," and Rap Snitch Knishes from MM Food.

I suggest you check all his work out...I got them all and they are all enjoyable. And if you like his beats get the special edition Special Herbs album with all the beats from special herbs 1 through 9.

DREW-DIE$EL
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
i like "potholderz" if you aint movin your head with the beat, you're neck must be fucked up

12weLvE
04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
^^ The only thing is that is not produced by Doom... but he does a good job, but I think he gets outshined by the other guy.

I Fuck haters
04-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't like his name, Doom.

King Justice
04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
What did yall think of the Mouse and the Mask

Dirty Knowledge
04-28-2006, 11:13 PM
MF Doom aight he riding he real though so a lot of things he say lot of people won't understand or just won't be feeling it but that Ghostface and MF Doom: Operation Ironman mixtape was hot I suggest bumping that shit when you blaze to the head.

TUCO
04-29-2006, 12:33 AM
he can get a lil boring and monotonous at times tho

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
04-29-2006, 06:56 AM
What did yall think of the Mouse and the Mask

look for the video on u tube

its funny as fuck

Wu-Tality
04-29-2006, 07:05 AM
mouse and the mask aint got that replayability that his other albums have imo

J-DON
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
^I agree, its ok when you wanna check out something different. But the Adult Swim theme of the album keeps it from being an every day album.

Album wise, if youre talking DOOM produced albums its gotta be Operation Doomsday. But if youre talking an overall album you gotta go with Madvillain, i can listen to that album twice in a row sometimes. Both are 10's but madvillain just flows so nicely from song to song.

MM FOOD and Viktor Vaughan - Vaudeville Villain are also must haves.

MM Food has all great songs on it but the flow of the album gets broken up by alot of the interludes and skits.

Vaudeville Villain is considered by some MF's best work on the mic. The beats are very different than what you usually hear him on but its another dope album.

Basically album wise

1 Madvillain
2 Operation Doomsday
3 Vaudville Villain
4 MM Food
5 DangerDoom

Theres also the King Ghidora album and Viktor Vaughan 2 , which I havent heard yet.

If you like Dooms beats I seriously suggest you buy The Special Herbs box set 1-9. Its about 80 beats in that collection and its maybe a few bucks more than your average 18 track cd. He has some really impressive and out there work.

My favourite doom beats would have to be

MF DOOM - The Mic
Orange Blossoms (Underwater from fishscale)
MF DOOM - Rapp Snitch Knishes
MF Grimm -No Snakes Alive
MF DOOM - Gas Drawls
Black Snake Root (what its called on the box set (tracklist on box set is fucked up)
Mullein
Nettle Leaves (box set title)
Lovage
Myrtle Leaf (Box Set Title)

Cm0ney
04-30-2006, 01:40 PM
favorite beat by him is doomsday

deadlymelody
04-30-2006, 02:11 PM
^
Doomsday is great I agree. Gas Drawls and The Hands of Doom (that little 2 minute skit) the beat for that is sick

num2son
04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
I like his Special Herbs instrumentals

INF
04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I like his Special Herbs instrumentals

I just got ahold of the boxset 4 special herbs. I don't feel jipped but it would have been a lil better minus the MM food beats. Also, the bonus disc is a bit off when put next to the other two disc.

One.:king:

Polocash7
04-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I need that Operation Doomsday. That's shit out of print

brown_dogg
04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I just got ahold of the boxset 4 special herbs. I don't feel jipped but it would have been a lil better minus the MM food beats. Also, the bonus disc is a bit off when put next to the other two disc.

i've been thinking about buying the special herbs box set, but like what is it? is it still seperate tracks or is it one huge blend. and would it be better for me to just pick up each herb cd seperately?

maestro wooz
04-30-2006, 09:26 PM
favorite beat by him is doomsday

yeah

everything doom touches is sick but this song is one of a kind

snapple
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
i like his production a lot, but as an MC i just don't feel him at all...ive listend to a lot of his shit and some of his lyrics are dope as fuck, it's a shame that he just can't deliver on the mic though...should stick to producing and maybe ghostwriting id love to hear some doom produced albums without him spitting, has he done that before? funny all this talk about the song doomsday, i use to always think doom is just 1 of those cornball underground rappers, but then i heard that song and bought his album the next day and downloaded some other albums by him

Wongo921
04-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Doom is a great producer. I like him a lot as an MC.

Wu-Tality
05-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Any news on the Ghost and Doom collabo? Last I read that Ghost still needed to finish a few songs and it would be finished. So maybe in 6 months it could be in stores?

maestro wooz
05-01-2006, 01:25 PM
i dont know snapple, his delivery is one of the things that makes me love him. Such a smooth, easy going flow and voice. I love him.

snapple
05-01-2006, 03:19 PM
^well we have a different definition, i would consider someone like CL SMOOTH to fit that description, mf doom would fall under the monitone catagory and the lacking charisma catagory

deadlymelody
05-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Dooms not a great rapper I agree but neither is he horrible and unlistenable.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
^well we have a different definition, i would consider someone like CL SMOOTH to fit that description, mf doom would fall under the monitone catagory and the lacking charisma catagory

Dooms delivery is what he is all about, you got to understand where he is coming from. That dead pan and nonchalance is more than 3/4 of what he raps about. If his flow and energy switched then the lyrics wouldn't fit at all

If you heard him from the KMD days his style and flow is very old school and more energetic. But his character and lyric content has completely changed since then

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
doom is that classic emcee wit skills and he can produce man he's just too vintage man love all his joints that i own

INF
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
i've been thinking about buying the special herbs box set, but like what is it? is it still seperate tracks or is it one huge blend. and would it be better for me to just pick up each herb cd seperately?

It's a mix of beats from MM food, fishscale(like 5 tracks), some rarites, and maybe a few other albums. Yes, it is blended but the tracks can be taken seperate and still not sound messed up. It's three disc. Out of like, five stars, I give it a four. If you go and pick up all of em seperately, it's pretty safe to say that ur screwin urself over. The set is 22 bones. Each pair of volumes is like 14, so you do the math.

TAURO
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
MM..FOOD is my favourate doom album, i can listen to it all they way through but it's true about the skits they do get in the way and break up the flow.
My favourates in order are:
MM..FOOD
OPERATION DOOMSDAY
DANGERDOOM
VAUDVILLE VILLAIN
MADVILLAIN
KING GEEDORAH
VENOMOUS VILLAIN