PDA

View Full Version : The "Things In Hip Hop That You're Sick Of" Thread

Rorschach
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Rapper's bringing out clothing lines - See Todd Smith, State Property, Snoop Wear, Shady Ltd, G-Unit clothing, Rocawear...and yes...Wu-Wear. Stick to the music.
East Vs. West Vs. South Vs. Whoever, let's have a bit of unity in the hip hop community, the music will be better that way.
Folks who think you're ignorant just because you'd rather listen to the beat than lyrics...was there a rule saying you can't?
Every new rapper coming out claiming to a pimp or a player. Knowing damn well they were a virgin until the release of their first CD.Feel free to add on...

snapple
05-02-2006, 04:10 PM
^^ co-sign

to add,
+Sample Clearance
+ Biting Samples
+ Re-using Samples
+ Big Record Labels Censorting Artists
+ Backpackers(how can you honestly only like ONE style of hiphop....)
+Duets With Wack R&B cats/bitches
+Coroporate America's huge involvment in the rap game
+ The Music Videos of today
+The Mainstream appeal, i can't stand seeing these fakeclowns who front like they know/love rap just cause theyre trying to be a thug. you know, the corny white burban kids people alwyas post up in their rooms flexing a pink wifebeater saggin bants doorags with tupac and 50cent posters all over the place throwing up a gang sign(most of the time incorrectly) and most likely theyre not even a part of that gang.
+The persicution rappers face today for being creative
+That every underground head constantly has to compare artists
+Peoples collections of hiphop are on their computers today
+Nobody comes out to show love at shows, its a lot harder today to get people out supporting hiphop
+Everyone runs their hood and is some hard billybadass, That image has become the standard and it's ridiculious for a lot of these rap dudes to front like that
+People don't dig anymore
+BEEF

i could go on and on and on, shits fucked up in the game.

brown_dogg
05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Too many guns and shit like that, and then people wonder why some of us are sterotypical. When you have blondes like Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton all over the media, it leaves an impression on the people. We always see them so we think "yea blondes aren't the smartest ppl on the planet". Same thing goes for rappers. You always hear their songs about guns and shit like that, so then we think "yea rappers are always about guns and violence."

GhettoGnom
05-03-2006, 09:45 AM
*R&B remixes/collabs

Rorschach
05-03-2006, 10:00 AM
*R&B remixes/collabs

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/ghostface-rain_on_me-wutangcorp.mp3

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/ghostface-summertime-wutangcorp.mp3

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/alicia_rae_polite-you_dont_know_my_name_(remix)-wutangcorp.mp3

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/method_man-say_what_(mixtape)-wutangcorp.mp3

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/beyonce_ghostface_killah-me_myself_and_i_(remix)_(mixtape)-wutangcorp.mp3

http://www.wutang-corp.com/shared/mp3/jennifer_lopez_ghostface-love_dont_cost_a_thing_(remix)_(mixtape)-wutangcorp.mp3

Double standards?:?

TAURO
05-03-2006, 10:55 AM
No one said the wu was perfect.

Funk_Dock
05-03-2006, 11:37 AM
not hearing any thing decent on the radio

INF
05-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Coke,sex,guns,lies,shit that artist be buyin w/ they $, etc.

One.:king:

Edgar Erebus
05-03-2006, 01:54 PM
OK. I'm sick of

- Dirty South (OutKast excluded)
- bling-bling raps
- pimps and pushers
- G-Unit
- oversized Wu-Fam (hate me now)
- No Limit Records
- Crunk mania anywhere
- Timbaland sound causing lack of samples
- record labels with two signed artists, just to show how independent a star is
- fucked up contracts, as Nas on Def Jam and MOP on G-Unit
- nd DEEEEEEFINITELY rap verses of 3 lines on R&B shit (3 R&B lines on a rap shit ain't so bad)

ShaolinDarts
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
I am sick of these so called 'real' rappers that are always going on about puffy, g-unit etc etc fucking shit up for them. No commercial rap did not fuck them up, their own dumbass shit material fucked them up.

Kenny Powers
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
1) Rappers talking about their political views (Eminem, Kayne, etc...). Theres a reason why your a rapper and not a politican, no one wants to hear your dumbass views.
2) People featuring biggie and tupac in their songs (Ghostface, biggie duets, Resurrection) still. Maybe this was a good idea a few years ago, but can't they just r.i.p?
3) Rappers acting (DMX, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Ludacris, Eminem). I like DMX because he is a good rapper, not because he makes some crappy movie with steven segal.
4) "Hip-Hop" stations on the radio... All the "Hip-hop" stations I get play pop, all i hear is mariah carey, chris brown, or reggareton every second.
5) LL Cool J taking his shirt off, we get it your a lot more ripped than us...
6) No name rappers from the south... they all come in the game with the exact same persona claiming their a pimp, or ride on 24's, or 'crunk'...
7) If i have to listen to that "laffy taffy" song one more time i am going to kill myself...
8) Unlikily concert combinations... Wu Tang is coming to the Univesity of Hartford this weekend with none other than the Ying Yang Twins...
9) Bad lyricists, I wouldnt be surprised if I could beat half the rappers out there now in a battle.
10) People getting their perception of rap from MTV and BET, they create the sterotypes that exist in hip hop and are the reason why rap is looked at as a joke to the common public.

- On another note, dont hate on rappers for "selling out" and going for more money, you would do it too if there was millions of dollars up for grabs.

soulonice413
05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
young jeezy and diplomats bein labeled as gangsta rap

snapple
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
show the fuck are you gonna say diplomats isn't on the gangster tip son youre lying to yourself or are unfamiliar with the diplomat catalauge.

MaShPG
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
muhfuckaz complaining about hip hop and being pessimistic backpackers 24/7.

Fucking Haters.
05-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Beef/s.

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:23 AM
- I'm sick of stupid kids who think 50cent is the best rapper of all time and wu tang sucks because its not current.

- I'm sick of people who don't know anything about hip-hop critizing it.

- I'm sick of hearing those speeded up vocal samples that sound like chipmunks, for example, the chorus on kanye's Through The Wire.

- I'm sick of people acting like grills are new and straight outta houstan. The clan already had grills for over 10 years and people even had them in the 80's.

- I'm sick of catching songs with shitty lyrical content getting all the action.

- I'm sick of record labels being fags and fucking up good albums to get more sales.

- I'm sick of good rappers getting killed

ShaDynasty
05-04-2006, 06:31 AM
rappers always talkin about money and material things
and having a simplistic, disrespectful view towards women

zooruka
05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Rapper's bringing out clothing lines - See Todd Smith, State Property, Snoop Wear, Shady Ltd, G-Unit clothing, Rocawear...and yes...Wu-Wear. Stick to the music.
East Vs. West Vs. South Vs. Whoever, let's have a bit of unity in the hip hop community, the music will be better that way.
Folks who think you're ignorant just because you'd rather listen to the beat than lyrics...was there a rule saying you can't?
Every new rapper coming out claiming to a pimp or a player. Knowing damn well they were a virgin until the release of their first CD.Feel free to add on...

hahaha lol:mexico:

What about every rapper trying to be hollywood...

peace

Edgar Erebus
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
8) Unlikily concert combinations... Wu Tang is coming to the Univesity of Hartford this weekend with none other than the Ying Yang Twins...

YOU KIDDING!!! |(

Kenny Powers
05-04-2006, 10:01 PM
YOU KIDDING!!! |(
Its true, I am going to see Method Man and poss some other wu members at University of Hartford this weekend, and apparently the Ying Yang Twins are gonna be there according to my friend. It is for like a spring weekend thing before exams start... The students prolly thought it would be funny if all the asian named rap groups got together. Ill have more details about who is exactly going after saturday.

THE W
05-04-2006, 10:35 PM
the lack of creativity

Dirty Knowledge
05-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Jae Hood saying "Watch out for Tales from the Hood"

TrueDciple
05-05-2006, 10:21 AM
rappers always talkin about money and material things
and having a simplistic, disrespectful view towards women

Co-Fucking Sign!

Edgar Erebus
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh, Shit, I forgot... Kanye West soul samples. Goddamn how that son knows to destroy a song, like Diamonds are Forever or I Got A Woman

Kenny Powers
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah Ying Yang went on 1st then it was method man. Ying Yang was wack, but method man is a really good preformer and tore it up.

The Lost Prophet
05-07-2006, 12:36 AM
- I'm sick of good rappers getting killed

this should be number ONE on everybodys list

TAURO
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I just hate all the pigeon holeing, fuck labeling, gangster rap, backpack etc..
good hip hop is good hip hop end of story.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
The mixtapes.

MaShPG
05-07-2006, 05:18 PM
muhfuckaz complaining about hip hop and being pessimistic backpackers 24/7.

but dey don't hear me doe.

Dough Snatcher
05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
1.Worthless fads being made: Crunk, Hyphy, Snap, Crump Screwed and Chopped Crack Music etc...

2.NBA/NFL players trying to rap. I heard Chamillionare and Shaq just did a track together, Ron Artest was on Beef 10 looking like fucking cornball in his music video, and who can forget that catastrophe of an album Roy Jones put out...YALL MUST HAVE FORGOT!...(Lmfao)

3.Every using past as a claim to fame: Drug deals, killings, king of what ever.

4.Promotional beefs. ie 50 & Game

5.Artist that need to just give it up:
Mary J - What is she like 50 something by now.
LL Cool J - Personally i dont think he's put out a good single or been on one since "4,3,2,1"

6.Unnesessary deaths Proof, T.I. body guard, Bustas body guard.(But then again that is what there jobs entitle, there just that YOUR BODY GUARD. IDK you be the judge.)

7.Shitty lyrics: "Im Tupacinin//
Im oww wappinin//
Im shoobydopdopdop dowapinin//" - Juelz Santana

8.Hip hop show host dick ridding: Tigger, Linx, Julica. Atleast Sway does tend to tell the truth on occasion.

9.Homo thugs: Cameron.

10.Artist turning to the big screen

Dough Snatcher
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
11.Dumb ass dances being made:"Lean Back", That stupid ass snaping dance.

12.Beefing over who made what: You know D4L and Dem franchiz boyz are supposedly argueing over who made a dance.

13.Hip hop boy bands: D4L, Dem Franchize boyz

14.Lame ass phrases being made and used: "No Homo", "Wut it Do", "I'll Holla", and anything that comes out of E-40's mouth.

(Double post, but who gives a fuck?!?)

Kenny Powers
05-08-2006, 02:28 PM
12.Beefing over who made what: You know D4L and Dem franchiz boyz are supposedly argueing over who made a dance.

- Haha, they are basically fighting over who's gayer. I would have to give the edge to D4L, they clealrly started that dance 1st. But theres only 1 way to slove the dispute and I think "You Got Served" can help...

TrueDciple
05-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Motherfucking DJ"s shouting in the background of a new joint...bastards think shit is cool when is not.

Paz ya'llz

TrueDciple
05-08-2006, 04:55 PM
And pussy ass wanna be thugs rocking scarface t-shirts and shit like thats gonna make them gansta's?....that is so corny...gloryfying a drug dealer....shit, why support negative shits? ignorant bastards.

ahhh....i feel much better now.

Peace!

Panama
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
"Hip hop show host dick ridding: Tigger, Linx, Julica. Atleast Sway does tend to tell the truth on occasion."

106 And park is not a hip hop show. Its an afterschool kids show.
And Julica is Dime!!

Im sick of 50cent being on "top of the game"

GhettoGnom
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
6.Unnesessary deaths Proof, T.I. body guard, Bustas body guard.(But then again that is what there jobs entitle, there just that YOUR BODY GUARD. IDK you be the judge.)

whattafuck? bodyguards? What about J-Dilla? Professor X?
All humans is equally much worth, but for the hip hop community ppl like Jay Dee is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more worth than some lame ass bodyguards!

snapple
05-09-2006, 02:32 PM
And pussy ass wanna be thugs rocking scarface t-shirts and shit like thats gonna make them gansta's?....that is so corny...gloryfying a drug dealer....shit, why support negative shits? ignorant bastards.

ahhh....i feel much better now.

Peace!

people glorify tony mantanas hunger and grind, not necessarily that he was a drug dealer. dudes from the hood love him cause he fuckin made it, he came fresh off the boat as a refugee, and people who make it out of the hood are just like refugees, its just a dope movie /w a crazy charecter who does w/e the fuck he wants to make it to the top. i don't own a scarface shirt but i wouldn't knock some1 for having one, it's a classic movie and al pachino is an amazing actor.

Edgar Erebus
05-09-2006, 04:38 PM
I remembered one ting more. I'm TIRED of monotonuous rappers (is it spelled this way?). I mean, I'm now listening to Criminal Minded and I'm wondering, Blastmasta never sings and but delivery never sounds same. Even R&B songs feel like I heard them 100 times but every KRS song is something different.

TrueDciple
05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
people glorify tony mantanas hunger and grind, not necessarily that he was a drug dealer. dudes from the hood love him cause he fuckin made it, he came fresh off the boat as a refugee, and people who make it out of the hood are just like refugees, its just a dope movie /w a crazy charecter who does w/e the fuck he wants to make it to the top. i don't own a scarface shirt but i wouldn't knock some1 for having one, it's a classic movie and al pachino is an amazing actor.

Yeah Yeah Yeah...the hood, the struggle, the pain...blah blah blah. Like Nas said..we all plan to get rich but is all about how we execute it.

I never said anything about the movie nor paccino. It is a great *movie* and paccino is one of my Fav's of all time but im afraid that those T-shirts are not showing that. They are showing a man with a machine gun and no matter how great u wanna put it about all the crazy shit he did to get to the *TOP* is not a good exsample for the young youth.

Sorry if i went out of this thread topic.