PDA

View Full Version : andre 3000 = one of the best to ever do it

pussy-with-teeth
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas

Rorschach
05-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.

Check my Favourite MC's thread, I love Andre. I think he's #22 on my all-time list, which is pretty damn high if you considering how many great MC's exist. Aquemini, ATLiens and Southernplayacadillamusik, the albums which I presume you are referring to, are fantastic, I agree.

My favourite Outkast track is Git Up, Get Out by the way.:king:

snapple
05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
^^ nah man fuck that falling off is different, just cause his last work sucked it doesn't damage the dopeness of the 3 classics outkast dropped, nothing can touch that, strictly music. and yea andre3000 and luda are dope

pussy-with-teeth
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
if u think about it ...kast never fell of

point blank period....stankonia was a sick ass album..it wasnt as good as their first 3 but it was good...falling off means that u drop wack shit

and their last album was not hip hop..thats all...so dont even compare

best outkast track..i dont know but in due time, return of the g, chockyfire and playas are hot ass classic...

Professor Poopsnagle
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
I like Andre, I only got Atliens and Stankonia by Outkast ( I had Aquemeni on casette tape but lost it) and I think he's dope, but personally I like Big Boi just a lil better, but yeh Andre iz dope 4sho!

you gotta get Aquemini! Classic!

ShaDynasty
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas
word.
im sayin tho, i liked all his shit and eccenntricities, but he went too far, he should stop singing so much, maybe keep it at a stankonia level, cos hip hop fans wanna hear him spit
he drops a lotta knowledge
both those dudes
outkast got soul
thats sumthin that you aint got, thats why your style is rotten

Luther Large
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I SAY ANDRE 3000 AS 1 OF THE BEST TO DO IT= NO

yeah he's original but he aint 1 of the best even if he was ill and is a platinum artist

Aquemeni=CLASSIC

but andre is not 1 of the best if u mean top 10

but yeah he's in my top 50 of all time which aint bad

ShaDynasty
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
How Many Records Sold Is Platinum?

Bedlam
05-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Pretty sure Marshall Mathers LP and Get Rich or Die Trying went Diamond. So did Vanilla Ice's shit. and Life After Death is a double cd, so the sales # doubles. So it didn't really sell 10 million. Same with Speakerboxx/Love Below.

but on the thread topic, yeah i love andre 3000

adedwutang
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
so how much is diamond

Bedlam
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
alright, I wasn't aware that those #'s were international, I just heard 50 sayin tons of shit about sellin 11 million

KBOS
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.

People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.

12weLvE
05-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I Totaly agree, and to add to everything I think he is a musical mastermind. His style is so original, and his lyrics are so colorful; he sored of paints pictures when he rhymes. Def on my top 30 Mc's of all time. By the way always PLATINUM OR MULTI...

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-02-2006, 10:14 PM

I agree with pussy ..Ya'll fell off the dumbtruck

Chief 'Broom
05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.yeah - they're just thinking long range, brothers is getting older

i'd much rather some nice rappers getting soulful rather than some buster r&b cats - i like the love below personally

WARPATH
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Andre fucked up when he did the grammy's in the neon green native stereo type perfomance. He better prey the WAR CHIEF doesn't get on becuae i'll stomp his ass out, and if the rest of the Dungeon Family wants to get it, they can get it too

http://www.indianz.com/News/images/outkast4.jpg

Hey YA Bitches
Eccentric or Gimmick? Even an eccentric would reconize ignorance, stereotypes toward other cultures, and other things that are generally bad for your health. Pissing off the WAR CHIEF is bad for your health!

Fucking pink gun packing mother fucker. I'd like to see some one pull a pink gun out on me.........................really. Pull that pink gun out of your purse Andre-a!

KBOS
05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Andre fucked up when he did the grammy's in the neon green native stereo type perfomance. He better prey the WAR CHIEF doesn't get on becuae i'll stomp his ass out, and if the rest of the Dungeon Family wants to get it, they can get it too

http://www.indianz.com/News/images/outkast4.jpg

Hey YA Bitches
Eccentric or Gimmick? Even an eccentric would reconize ignorance, stereotypes toward other cultures, and other things that are generally bad for your health. Pissing off the WAR CHIEF is bad for your health!

Fucking pink gun packing mother fucker. I'd like to see some one pull a pink gun out on me.........................really. Pull that pink gun out of your purse Andre-a!

Andres faggy style is irrealivent, he dressed like that when he was spitting some ill shit to. You know he didn't mean nothing against indians with that shit and you know he's not gay despite his often fruity outfits, so whats your problem really?

On the real, you look stupid talkin trash about one of the best emcees from the ATL who could freeze his own shit then sell it for more money then you gonna make your whole fucking life.

Bone Collecta
05-03-2006, 12:05 AM
yall gay as hell yall the hood fashion police or somethin? what do the clothes have to do with his skills?

this nigga is nice as hell stop hating}:T

:king:

KBOS
05-03-2006, 05:24 AM
yall gay as hell yall the hood fashion police or somethin? what do the clothes have to do with his skills?

this nigga is nice as hell stop hating}:T

:king:

Take that plural shit back, it was just one stupid mother fucker (Charging soldier or something)

Bone Collecta
05-03-2006, 06:00 AM
there are others that havent posted in here so im addressing them b4 they do:king:

venex
05-03-2006, 06:26 AM
outkast is one of my favorite groups!

the beats are so musical, both rappers fit perfectly...

ATLiens & aquemini are both classics,

But I like big boi a bit better then Andre...

peace!

WARPATH
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Take that plural shit back, it was just one stupid mother fucker (Charging soldier or something)

Yeah ok, i'm stupid huh?

What race are you buddy, I am gonna assume your white, because you be jacking other peoples cultures and don't even realize when shit's being tampered with because you don't have nothing to claim for yourself. Andre is an ignorant mother fucker, and shines in this perfomance. Your an ignorant mother fucker and it shines in this thread. I'd think if Andre really came up from any struggle he would appreciate other peoples structure.

But if you aren't white, and say your chinese or black- how would you feel if I dressed up like Zulu Warrior, samurai, or egyptian in hot pants or somthing and started jumping around like i'm hot on national TV? Or what if I dressed up like a china man and walked around saying ching chang ching chang chong-Television has been desicrating cultures for so long you don't even see what's wrong with that picture.When I get on i'm gonna dress up like a pilgrim and do a show where I chop natives up, then people will see.

Rorschach
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I've already posted up my thoughts on Andre, so won't say anymore, except;

"Why you worried bout my clothes
if my flow gon' change the world"

Not a Andre quote, but fits this pathetic argument perfectly.

WARPATH
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I've already posted up my thoughts on Andre, so won't say anymore, except;

"Why you worried bout my clothes
if my flow gon' change the world"

Not a Andre quote, but fits this pathetic argument perfectly.

Yeah it seems pathetic to little white boy from the UK. But peoples that still honor their traditions and culture know what i'm talking about. Doesn't have to be white,black, asian, indian, the world needs to show a certain amount of respect to all peoples cultures- period.

So any one else want say some ignorant shit-

Eat a dick

Fuck your sister

Fuck your mother

Fuck your brother

Fuck your daughter

Eat shit

Have a nice day!

Dirty Knowledge
05-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Nice Common quote from the Why remix.

Luther Large
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
i agree with charging soldier

but callin sum1 a little white boy is also ignorant

but i still do it too:tease:

Rorschach
05-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Ummm, what exactly constitutes ignorance then?

Because that barrage of abuse is what I would call ignorance, after all I didn't call you any names, or call you out personally, so it was a little childish of you to say the least.

I'm white, I'm from England, but I know after looking in the picture thread I'm not the only white person on this board, and the admin is from London, so I don't think that makes my opinion any less valid.

I can only assume I touched a nerve, so you need to resort to foul language to get your point across, which is cool, but take that kind of lame behaviour to a G-Unit forum and act the e-thug over there.

Thanks to certain un-named people for ruining what started out as a perfectly reasonable discussion on people not giving Andre the recognition he deserves.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Yo Charging Chill Out on the Rhetoric!!

KBOS
05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah ok, i'm stupid huh?

yup

What race are you buddy, I am gonna assume your white, because you be jacking other peoples cultures and don't even realize when shit's being tampered with because you don't have nothing to claim for yourself.

Im black

Andre is an ignorant mother fucker, and shines in this perfomance.

Just the fact that you called Andre ignorant is IGNORANT. Andre is not ignorant, however what he did was ignorant, which every fucking human on the planet does once in awhile. BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES, STOP CRYING ABOUT ANDRES INDIAN OUTFIT, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS EMCEE SKILLS. What makes the point you're trying to make even more irrealivent is the fact that Andre doesn't even have anything against native americans.

Your an ignorant mother fucker and it shines in this thread.

How so? I'm not ignorant, I just don't give a fuck if Andre dressed like an indian for about 10mins 3 years ago.

But if you aren't white, and say your chinese or black- how would you feel if I dressed up like Zulu Warrior, samurai, or egyptian in hot pants or somthing and started jumping around like i'm hot on national TV?

If I had respect for you like I have for Andre and I knew you didn't mean any offense then I really wouldn't give a fuck.

I'd think if Andre really came up from any struggle he would appreciate other peoples structure.

I'd think if you came up from any struggle then you wouldn't be whining about ONE FUCKING OUTFIT that offended you. I'd think if you came up from any struggle you would know what real issues are and you'd know what REAL discrimination is like. Your whining about andre's clothing completely irrealivent to this thread.

Or what if I dressed up like a china man and walked around saying ching chang ching chang chong-Television has been desicrating cultures for so long you don't even see what's wrong with that picture.When I get on i'm gonna dress up like a pilgrim and do a show where I chop natives up, then people will see.

I agree with some of that shit, but its irrealivent considering andre's intentions were to not bad and its especailly irrealivent to this thread considering that it has nothing to do with his music.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
i dressed up as an indian when I was a kid

Prolifical ENG
05-03-2006, 08:53 PM
whos hatin? all of 2 people on this board?

snapple
05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah ok, i'm stupid huh?

What race are you buddy, I am gonna assume your white, because you be jacking other peoples cultures and don't even realize when shit's being tampered with because you don't have nothing to claim for yourself. Andre is an ignorant mother fucker, and shines in this perfomance. Your an ignorant mother fucker and it shines in this thread. I'd think if Andre really came up from any struggle he would appreciate other peoples structure.

But if you aren't white, and say your chinese or black- how would you feel if I dressed up like Zulu Warrior, samurai, or egyptian in hot pants or somthing and started jumping around like i'm hot on national TV? Or what if I dressed up like a china man and walked around saying ching chang ching chang chong-Television has been desicrating cultures for so long you don't even see what's wrong with that picture.When I get on i'm gonna dress up like a pilgrim and do a show where I chop natives up, then people will see.

yo youre one angry and sensative motherfucker, god damn....in the melting pot of america, especially here in new york, fashion is adopted. i'm sure if i went through your clothes i could critizie you with the same thing youre accusing andre of. nobody wants to hear you preach aboutsome bullshit and ruin the thread take it to KTL and make a thread complaing about race/relegion thats where its at.

Dante
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Andre is most definetly dope. One of my all time favorites. Greatest MC from the south IMO.

WARPATH
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
"To speak the truth, it takes bravery" -RZA

What's my problem? I bought that Album, I am an outkast fan, I even got some of their clothes, but they fucked up the game when they fucked with my culture with their stereo types- So Fuck Andrea 3000, and fuck anyone that thinks what he did was ok.

Andre thinks he can do whatever he wants and be considered an eccentric, but when he crossed that line he became a Gimmick. He sold out to white america- that's my point.

For any euro-cats I aplologize, I know europeans have culture too. So in that respect my wording came of as ignorant- I realized that after I posted it. I was just trying to say- If you don't see how this kind of stereo typing effects other people then you probably don't have any culture of your own.

Peace

Os3y3ris
05-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Ignoring his political correctness or lack thereof, Andre, and Outkast as a whole, is one of the best there ever will be. They're SO underrated. When's the last time you've seen a top ten list with Kast on it? Yeh. But really, how many records are as good as Aquemini? Not many. There's one out of place track on it, but everything save that one is just fire. Its funky, its positive, its fun, its lyrically strong. One of the best CDs ever made.

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
"To speak the truth, it takes bravery" -RZA

What's my problem? I bought that Album, I am an outkast fan, I even got some of their clothes, but they fucked up the game when they fucked with my culture with their stereo types- So Fuck Andrea 3000, and fuck anyone that thinks what he did was ok.

Andre thinks he can do whatever he wants and be considered an eccentric, but when he crossed that line he became a Gimmick. He sold out to white america- that's my point.

For any euro-cats I aplologize, I know europeans have culture too. So in that respect my wording came of as ignorant- I realized that after I posted it. I was just trying to say- If you don't see how this kind of stereo typing effects other people then you probably don't have any culture of your own.

Peace

Its really no big fucking deal, stop crying and get over it. Read my post again.

WARPATH
05-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Its really no big fucking deal, stop crying and get over it. Read my post again.

ok, quit replying then if it's no big deal, crybaby, quit your whining around, just cuz i schooled you on some shit

Now I don't even remember what I was saying, to lazy to read your post.

oh yeah Eat a popsicle, and sugar cane

no halbo espanol

7- Layer Burritos are low in fat

George Bush don't like black people

George Bush don't like indians either

Neither does Andre 3000

Big Boi would rap circles around Andre anyday

And I own all the outkast albums

Ok, I don't have ATLiens but oh well i'll cop it soon enough

Oh yeah Andre 3000 has dope skills on the mic.

I never siad he didn't

He however ignorant

So am I, but oh well what can you do but learn as you grow

And your a homo

Just kidding you probably like woman, me too

I bet we could have Lovers in a former life.

Why did you become a man in this life

Ha Ha, got you again didn't eye.

Hey I misspelled eye, it's suppose to be I.

Lighten up, it's just an Internet forum

Anyone that defends Andre 3000 pink, pistol packing ass is OKAY in my book.

Did I forget to mention I own almost all of outkasts albums, and even their funny looking clothes

Actually I have a shirt with a Pack of cards, an alien on a bicycle, it's pretty dope

Anyways, I don't really care what you think, real people know what i'm talking about

Hey your pretty real, you just looking for an exscuse to pop off?

Really? So was I, hey we have a lot in common!

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-05-2006, 06:13 PM
andre is one of the best emcess to do it. hes flamin' all over aquemini

Longbongcilvaringz
05-06-2006, 05:00 AM
andre is dope, the ATliens album is in my top 30 probably.

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-06-2006, 01:15 PM
^^well then Aquemini must be in your top 10 then