PDA

View Full Version : _________ would have been _______, but ____________ prevented it

MaShPG
05-02-2006, 06:19 PM
fill in the blanks bytchz

Electric Circus would have been dope, but Erykah Badu's influence ruined it.

Lupe Fiasco would have been dope, but bootlegers ruined it.

Vakill's song Heart Bleeds would have been dope but the guitar chorus ruined it.

Rakim would have been recognized by everybody as the GOAT, but Eric B. ruined it.

Atmosphere would have been dope, but emo backpacker fags ruined it.

Canibus, Ras Kass, Chino XL, etc. would have been recognized as some of the top lyricists, but whack production ruined it.

Dead Prez would have changed the world, but they're failure to follow up a classic album ruined it.

DJ Kool Herc would have been credited with starting Hip Hop, but The Sugar Hill Gang ruined it.

Last Emperor's Secret Wars Part 2 would have been dope, but the whack beat and flow ruined it.

Jin would have been hailed, if he stuck to battling

Kanye would have been respected, if his arrogance didn't make us hate.

Phonte would've been the best rapper in the south, if anybody ever heard of him.

"Underground" Hip Hop would get love if it's fan base wasn't mostly white.

One Be Lo would be getting maaad love if he talked about fucking bitches, smoking weed and shooting people.

Outkast would get a lot of respect in the hood if Andre changed his fashion.

Pharoahe Monch, The LOX, and many others would have dropped dope CDs if their labels didn't fuck them over.

Poor Righteous Teachers would still be around today if we listened to them during their golden age.

R. Kelly would be on Trapped In The Closet part. 69 if he didn't pee on a little girl.

Rahzel would have many more fans if he dropped another album.

Scarface would be hailed as one of the GOAT if he wasn't from the South.

Blackstar would save Hip Hop if they dropped another album with the same production as their debut.

Too Short would be more respected if he talked about more than one thing.

This topic will be dope if you reply.

That's my list. All my opinions, respect em.

Razorsharp
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
ODB's career would have been DOPER, but drugs fucked him over

cap
05-02-2006, 06:22 PM
im starting to believe im the only one who loves dead prez's "rbg"

btw : post 1000 BITCHES!!!!

MaShPG
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
if they dropped it before Let's Get Free I'd like it. But Let's Get Free is in my top 10 (roughly) and is so influential for me, that they could've dropped a near classic album and I'd be dissapointed. I know it's unfair, but...I can't help it.

Luther Large
05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
big l wouldve been commercially recognized if he didnt die (r.i.p)

eminem wouldnt be as popular (commercially) if he wasnt white

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
"Underground" Hip Hop would get love if it's fan base wasn't mostly white.

its the same with the rest

ShaDynasty
05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Underground Hip Hop Would Be Popular, But Most Of Its Shit

Orion Nebulus
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Underground hiphop is supreme!!!!!

Klawful
05-03-2006, 02:46 AM
eminem wouldnt be as popular (commercially) if he wasnt white

If you actualy think about situations in reverse you would also figure out that

NWA wouldnt have been as popolar if they weren't black
50 cent wouldnt have sold so many records if he was white

and if you think about it its all true...

So who cares. Eminem appeals to a broader range of people than Wu-Tang do. It is a shame but also unfortunately the world we live in.

peace.

maestro wooz
05-03-2006, 03:01 AM
ras kass would be one of the greatest if he could have stayed out of trouble

big l would have been the greatest if he didnt get shot

Edgar Erebus
05-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Blood Money would be fire, but 50's influence prevented it

Wu-Tang Clan would be THE greatest, but too much affilates prevented it

N.W.A would exist even today, but Eazy-E prevented it (strange, every person who step outta N.W.A was angry on Eazy, how come? :))

Hip-Hop wouldn't have so much sucker white fans (me included :)), but non-listening to KRS-s teachings prevented it

Nas would be the hardest one, but Escobar's commercial success prevented it

cap
05-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Nas would be the hardest one, but Escobar's commercial success prevented it

i disagree wit' u on that one man,nas was never about being the hardest,he was more like the kid who told stories about what he saw in the projects.
you got peoples like dmx,onyx,they fit more in that hard category...

Iron Man
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
fill in the blanks bytchz
Rakim would have been recognized by everybody as the GOAT, but Eric B. ruined it.

In my opinion he is already universally aknowledged as the GOAT. That is is in the Hip Hop community i mean the fans will keep with their overrated heroes such as Pac and Big (R.I.P) but thats just opinions its just a fact that he is the GOAT for the simple reason that evey modern day hip hopper ows their style to Ra, perhaps except for the likes of KRS

MaShPG
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
In my opinion he is already universally aknowledged as the GOAT. That is is in the Hip Hop community i mean the fans will keep with their overrated heroes such as Pac and Big (R.I.P) but thats just opinions its just a fact that he is the GOAT for the simple reason that evey modern day hip hopper ows their style to Ra, perhaps except for the likes of KRS

It's all about opinions. There ain't no Hip Hop fact book or nothing like that. The average Hip Hop fan would say Big or Pac is the best. I personally think Eric B. is a horrible producer. IMO, if Rakim had better producing, he would be recognized undisputedly by the average Hip hop fan as the best emcee.

Edgar Erebus
05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I didn't like his production either. But he ain't as horrible as he could be, I Ain't No Joke is actually kinda fire.

4-Bar Killer
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
N.W.A would exist even today, but Eazy-E prevented it (strange, every person who step outta N.W.A was angry on Eazy, how come? :))

Wrong. Both MC Ren and Dj Yella has both multiple times claimed that they was with Eazy the whole way. Only reason why Ren didn't team up with Eazy (or cube, or dre) was that he didn't wanted it to seem as if he was taking sides. He said that himself. Same did Yella. Besides, Dre and Eazy beef was overrated, every member of NWA has said this, plus Eazy and Cube was friends the whole way (after last nwa album). The beef kinda stopped after Efil4Zaggin. DJ Yella said in a recent interview that he recalled that the group was supposed to meet up again after a ice cube world tour. That's when eazy died.

The Firm would have been top 3 group/album ever, but production, wack promotion, plus foxy brown prevented it.

Mobb Deep could have reach the top without G-Unit, but Prodigy prevented it, as he didn't have any respect in QB or NYC overall. Only reason people didn't hate was cause of Littles. When littles "dumped" them, they failed.

DOC would have had the best career and would have ruled the west coast, but the car crash prevented it.

P-Noid Brown
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Queensbridge could have had the illest click but all of them are too greedy so they all prevented it.

the original last emp album woulda been dope if his label didn't screw him

the original outsidaz brickz l.p. woulda been dope if they released.

southern hip-hop woulda been dope but their lyrics ruin our genre.

Bobby digital woulda been dope if bobby digital didn't stall on it.

Method man's original tical 0 album woulda been dope if def jam was n't hatin

red gone wild woulda been dope if def jam wouldn't have screwed him over.

joe buddens growth album woulda been dope if def jam didn't screw him over.

Panama
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Midwest(chicago like Crucial) Would have blown up but the South stole it and called it crunk and made it garbage.

Luther Large
05-03-2006, 05:40 PM
a larger percentage of the wu-members solo and the wu's latest group efforts would be more successful but peoples ignorant expecatations and comparisons to 36 chambers prevented it

i cant help but think if albums like Inspectahs "The Movement" and Rza's "In stereo" would be more respected if these 2 artists had no affiliation with wu-tang

and it's sad