PDA

View Full Version : How are 50 Cents lyrics bad , and how has he got no skills?

WotsGoinDown
05-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I dnt like 50 cents music , i hate it , but if you look at his lyrics they are good , better than most of the wu-tang clan and some good rappers , he has got skills , you people that think he hasnt got skills , prove that he hasnt. Eminem n Dr.dre wudnt of signed him up if e didnt av skills.

Professor Poopsnagle
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
i dont know how

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I dnt like 50 cents music , i hate it , but if you look at his lyrics they are good , better than most of the wu-tang clan and some good rappers , he has got skills , you people that think he hasnt got skills , prove that he hasnt. Eminem n Dr.dre wudnt of signed him up if e didnt av skills.

sorry but your a fuckin fuckin fuckin extremley dumb fuckin idiot if you think his lyrics are better than most of the wu-tangs

that just really fuckin stupid wu-tang have sum of the most lyrical emcees EVER

arite mods shut this bullshit thread down you know the topic is fuckin ridiculous

WotsGoinDown
05-04-2006, 03:14 PM
sorry but your a fuckin fuckin fuckin extremley dumb fuckin idiot if you think his lyrics are better than most of the wu-tangs

arite mods shut this bullshit thread down you know the topic is fuckin ridiculous
how the fuk can u prove that. read 50 cents lyrics

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 03:14 PM
aight heres sum evidence

Yeah; I leave scientists mentally scarred, triple extra large
Wild like rock stars who smash guitars
Poison bars from the Gods bust holes in your mirage
and catch a charge shake em down like the riot squad
Invade your zone, ruin like ancient Rome
I span the universe and return to Earth to claim my throne
The maker, owner, plus soul controller
Ayatollah rest in the sky, the cloud's my sofa
Stand like Collossus, regardless to whom or what
Numerous attempts at my life, so who to trust
Who but us, to supply you with the fire?
The burning truth, 150 Absolut proof
On the mic like Moses spoke in golden scribe
Survivor of the oldest tribe whose soldiers died
I notified families, we shed tears and mourn
got our hands on the ammo cause the battle's still on
Sound the horn; we come rumblin through the function
Precise laser beam technique to touch somethin
When we die hard, to build the monument to honor us with
Humungous effect in the world - we could have conquered it

-Rebel INS of Wu-Tang Clan

When I pull up out front, you see the Benz on dubs
When I roll 20 deep, it's 20 knives in the club
Niggaz heard I fuck with Dre, now they wanna show me love
When you sell like Eminem, and the hoes, they wanna fuck
But homie ain't nuttin changed hoes down, G's up
I see Xzibit in the cut - hey nigga roll that weed up
If you watch how I move you'll mistake me for a player or pimp
Been hit wit a few shells but I don't walk wit a limp (I'm aight)
In the hood, in L.A. they sayin "50 you hot"
They like me, I want them to love me like they love 'Pac
But holla in New York them niggaz'll tell ya I'm loco
And the plan is to put the rap game in a choke hold
I'm fully focused man, my money on my mind
Got a mill' out the deal and I'm still on the grind
Now shawty said she feelin my style, she feelin my flow
Her girlfriend willin to get bi and they ready to go (o-kay!)

-50 Cent

if you dont see that INS is waaaaaaaay more talented then you must be retarded

HipHophead101
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM

damn nigga chill out lol

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 03:18 PM
damn nigga chill out lol

:hooray: NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

nah i aint actin up or nothin theres just no sense in what he said at all and i want him to realize that but he probly still wont

WotsGoinDown
05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
inspecktah decks verse dusnt rly make sense , 50's dus

Amplified Sample
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
thw way in which you are typing quite evidently shows your intelectual capabilities and therefore should be listening to cheesy 50 cent songs :clap:

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM

oh my god kid

do verses need to be so watered down and bland for you to get them?

you love plain lyrics with no real thot huh

INS verse does make sense u idiot u just gotta look deeper

wu's lyrics are profound stupid ass

50's are bland and plain

Funk_Dock
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
get the fuck outta here man

WotsGoinDown
05-04-2006, 03:22 PM
y wud eminem n dr.dre sign him if his lyrics wer so bad.

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 03:32 PM

yeah eminem and dre would sign him CUZ HE SELLS in todays game

and in todays game you dont need lyrics to sell

your average rap fan who thinks 50 is the best could give a fuck about profound lyrics

seems to me your thinkin this out all wrong thw wu is and always will be more lyrically gifted than 50 cent

4-Bar Killer
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I gotta admit that his verse in React was dope. But not very lyrical. Lol at saying 50 got better lyrics. Impossible is the fucking crazyest song when it comes to lyrics.. I'm still trying to find out what exactly uey is talking about, but I think I got an idea.. haha.. haha.. 50 is better than gza and killah priest combined!!11!! But 50 got dope verses back in the days, but not very lyrical..

WotsGoinDown
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I gotta admit that his verse in React was dope. But not very lyrical. Lol at saying 50 got better lyrics. Impossible is the fucking crazyest song when it comes to lyrics.. I'm still trying to find out what exactly uey is talking about, but I think I got an idea.. haha.. haha.. 50 is better than gza and killah priest combined!!11!! But 50 got dope verses back in the days, but not very lyrical..
ye i agree with the impossible bit

4-Bar Killer
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM
but you really dont mean that about 50 do you? It's so obvious that dre and em signed because of the $.. 50 aint got nothing lyrical, GZA explains this the best way in the wu-manual.. you got that one?

I can't remember it all, but he uses Ins Triumph line:

"queen B's ease the guns in"

but the "normal" rapper (as 50) would say:

"I got to the club, passed the gun to my shorty." or something.

that pretty much shows the whole point..

brown_dogg
05-04-2006, 05:15 PM
^ point made.

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
If Dude Think 50's Better than WU, then leave him with his opinion..

Granted, hes better than ODB, Maybe Cap...but not all of them...

But its up to him as to who's better

i think lyrically odb's better than 50 an no not just cuz he's from wu i just think he's better it may not sound like it cuz the way he raps off beat alot but i see him as a better lyricist 50 could never touch brooklyn zoo and ontop of all that 50 could never do what odb does but i dont know if its likewise

i dont think he's better than cappa at all either 'Milk the cow" is a good example of that

crass
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM

here's some other shit that makes sense:

i was drinkin cristal in tha club
a shorty gave me a back rub
i like bubbles in my bathtub
i'm a nursery rhymer rollin on dubs

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM
50 cent has clever also (maybe unintentionally) hilarious lyrics
i think his persona will inevitably make you biased in some way ('hate it or love it') but his lyrics arent as good as anymember of the wu
his records, on the other hand are better than some of the wu

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I dnt like 50 cents music , i hate it , but if you look at his lyrics they are good , better than most of the wu-tang clan and some good rappers , he has got skills , you people that think he hasnt got skills , prove that he hasnt.

Eminem n Dr.dre wudnt of signed him up if e didnt av skills.

50cent does have skills, he shows this on ghetto qu'ran, however these are skills he rarely uses these days. 90% of his raps is about dumb generic shit these days. And to say he was ever even remotely better then most of the clan is utter bullshit.

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:09 PM

It does make sense, however it takes a somewhat intelligent deep thinker to comprehend INS's lyrics.

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Are you fucking retarded? FYI, incase you didn't know, you don't need to have any skill to get signed these days, take D4L for example. And fix your fucking gramar, you type like a 12 year old girl. People will think you're an idiot if you write like an idiot. If you want to express your opinion do it intelligently.

Dough Snatcher
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I mean come on man, hes just another cli che rapper talking about the same shit. He dosent know how to branch out and or reinvent himself like some other artist. Just take wayne for an example, now i may not be a big fan of this dude but its pretty damn obvious that his whole flow has changed. He aint rappin on the same shit he was way back when.
Oh and why do keep saying Em and Dre wouldnt have signed him if he didnt have skill. Like that justifys anything. Em fell off after "The Marshall Mathers LP" and Dres been bullshiting about putting out a new album since about 04'. Oh and be on the look out for Dres new shit also...In the winter of 2037 some time....

Bedlam
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
hahaha, I meant to give this herb negative Rep, but I forgot to switch it "I disapprove of this post" before i pressed enter. So he got positive rep and a very hostile comment.

Why the fuck is this guy on a Wu-Tang board if he thinks Deck's shit makes no sense. Wu-Tang is for people with a little mental capacity, who can understand shit.

Kenny Powers
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyone have a 50 freestyle or ever heard of him freestyling? Then maybe we would see the true 50

THE W
05-04-2006, 08:54 PM
if this guy did this thread to get a reaction out of people...mission muthf$%%kin accomplished.

Meta4
05-04-2006, 08:55 PM

That is honestly some of the dumbest shit I have ever read in my life. If you think he is more lyrical or an overall better emcee that most of the clan then you deserve a stupid smack. You can call me groupie or whatever title makes you feel better but your post if fuckin' stupider than most of his lyrics. And he obviously singned with Dre and Em cuz he had potential but became more marketable in the long run. Half the industry<50 lyrically.

INF
05-04-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm sure that you all have heard about the 50 and Mike Jackson collabo, right? It's goin down 4 real. One day I'm hearin the news say that Jackson is layin up in tha mid east and plannin on a comeback and then three days later it's released in the press that 50 is getting ready to work with jackson on either a song or possibly a whole album. Never the less, 50's fame should be crushed in T minus whenever he does this. Nobody can work with Jackson at this point and keep makin $. So, soon we won't have to waste time on talkin about 50 and why he's still makin cash. It's finally coming to an end. Thank the creator.

One.:king:

Kenny Powers
05-04-2006, 10:27 PM
-You really think a 50 cent, jacko collab wont be played 24/7 on mtv/bet? They would make so much money of this and thats whats wrong with the music industry today.

Dirty Knowledge
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Lol this thread was fucking hilarious.

QUYMOBIUZ
05-04-2006, 11:00 PM
???????

venex
05-05-2006, 03:49 AM
yeah eminem and dre would sign him CUZ HE SELLS in todays game

and in todays game you dont need lyrics to sell

your average rap fan who thinks 50 is the best could give a fuck about profound lyrics

seems to me your thinkin this out all wrong thw wu is and always will be more lyrically gifted than 50 cent

hands down!

Bone Collecta
05-05-2006, 03:57 AM
but you really dont mean that about 50 do you? It's so obvious that dre and em signed because of the $.. 50 aint got nothing lyrical, GZA explains this the best way in the wu-manual.. you got that one?

I can't remember it all, but he uses Ins Triumph line:

"queen B's ease the guns in"

but the "normal" rapper (as 50) would say:

"I got to the club, passed the gun to my shorty." or something.

that pretty much shows the whole point..

lmao 50 has nothing lyrical? looks like ur the one thats been listening to the radio too much.

and just because someone talks about money and clubbing doesnt mean they cant do it in a lyrical way. damn some of u are picky yall must be dull as hell and not go to parties.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-05-2006, 04:14 AM
oh my god kid

do verses need to be so watered down and bland for you to get them?

you love plain lyrics with no real thot huh

INS verse does make sense u idiot u just gotta look deeper

wu's lyrics are profound stupid ass

50's are bland and plain

co sign

4-Bar Killer
05-05-2006, 05:08 AM
lmao 50 has nothing lyrical? looks like ur the one thats been listening to the radio too much.

and just because someone talks about money and clubbing doesnt mean they cant do it in a lyrical way. damn some of u are picky yall must be dull as hell and not go to parties.

fuck you talking bout. There is no thing as radio hip-hop over here, freak. You don't know shit about it. You reads one of my posts and freaks out. I also mentioned that his verse in fx React with Onyx is fucking ill, I haven't denied that 50 got skills. what I meant was 50 got nothing lyrical compared to fx gza. The C.R.E.A.M. freestyle he made was ill too, and The Good Die Young, but I haven't heard a lyrical masterpiece from 50 yet, like on same level as RZA's Impossible verse. But of course 50 can be lyrical.. But there aint no money in rapping wisdom, so of course he wont do it, but he probably can.

Liquid Lines
05-05-2006, 05:33 AM
This be the problem with the whole industry. All you gotta do is rhyme the same gangsta shit and you get media attention, making him famous.
I would'nt say hes anywhere near the level of the Wu on lyrics but hes got a good flow.

GhettoGnom
05-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Someone Bann This Clown!!!!

Luther Large
05-05-2006, 09:03 AM

this kid thinks he knows everythin:mmmyah:

since when does party music have to be lyrical?

Rorschach
05-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Alright, most the posts I've had the displeasure of reading so far have either been so, so bias towards the Wu-Tang that it's untrue, or so bias towards 50 that it's untrue, neither the Wu or G-Unit are gods, they have all made wack songs at some point or another, and all have had career highlights which some of us can only dream of, so get off all of their dicks. You can't pick out Candy Shop or In Da Club and automatically say 50 sucks, because it doesn't work like that. Pick out What's Your Phone number, so Pac sucks? Pick out You Owe Me, so Nas sucks? Pick out Sunshine, so now Jay-Z sucks? And so on.

First of all, I don't like 50 Cent, I've never been particularly impressed by his attitude, he's extremely arrogant about his riches every time I either see a new video, or see him in an interview. The way he treats other rappers out of New York too, he loses a lot of my respect for that. He also catches a lot of hate because of how he built his career and found fame, see How To Rob or his endless disses to Ja Rule, careers built on beef are not very cool in my opinion. While I, like most of you it seems, love music with a message, not all music needs to be thought provoking or with an aim of changing the world. We need an artist who can make us dance, or sing along to their stuff equally as much as we need a GZA. 50 generally makes us dance. GZA usually makes us think. That balance is good for hip hop, and music in general.

But on the other side of things, it's unfair to say 50 is a an idiot and isn't a good lyricist, he's not considered by me or anyone else I doubt a fantastic lyricist, but he is a good lyricist, just not in the way a Wu-Tang fan, or a fan of underground music would think. 50 has written some good songs. They are few and far between, but just because he doesn't write "good" songs doesn't mean he can't. He sprinkles his music, here and there with some good shit. For example, on "Many Men", when he says "Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain/Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain/Death gotta be easy cause life is hard/It'll leave you physically, mentally and emotionally scarred". That's good lyricism.

I've went on for longer than I had planned here, but you get the point.

Bone Collecta
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
this kid thinks he knows everythin:mmmyah:

since when does party music have to be lyrical?

wow ur real stupid

i meant that you CAN be lyrical and do party music. yall acting like just cause he makes some club shit hes not lyrical.

and yes i do know everything:king:

Ink Is My Drink
05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
ok i can imagine hearing this shit somwhere but on the wu official site. dam! wtf

Luther Large
05-05-2006, 02:06 PM
wow ur real stupid

i meant that you CAN be lyrical and do party music. yall acting like just cause he makes some club shit hes not lyrical.

and yes i do know everything:king:

arite stupid i cant remember the last time i heard a party song and i considered it to be lyrical

prove me wrong becuz i would like to hear this really:hooray:

Funk_Dock
05-05-2006, 03:09 PM
arite stupid i cant remember the last time i heard a party song and i considered it to be lyrical

ever heard of naughty by nature?

Hollow Dartz
05-05-2006, 03:24 PM
umm...i think most peeps think 50 is wack cause he dissed wu. if he didnt i think there would be alot of fans here too. I think hes ok 3.5/5

9th Warrior
05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
ever heard of naughty by nature?

fuckin yeah...naughty by nature is the OG lyrical party crew
but id have to say 50 started out hungry on the mixtapes and was earning mad respect, then people started hating on him for his party shit (including me) and now hating on 50 has become a fad like u have to hate 50 cent.

Funk_Dock
05-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I dont think its cuz he dissed wu, but just cause he "fell off" and every1 seems to hate artists who have "fallen off" because its wasted talent

proteck ya neck
05-05-2006, 04:48 PM
i cant believe duke said 50 is a better lyricist than the W

what happened to the world

R3beLuTionAry
05-05-2006, 05:17 PM
how the fuk can u prove that. read 50 cents lyrics
magic stick?

THE W
05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
the question isnt if 50 is a decent lyricist. the question is if he is better then any of the members of wu-tang clan.

The Lost Prophet
05-05-2006, 07:20 PM
the question isnt if 50 is a decent lyricist. the question is if he is better then any of the members of wu-tang clan.

thats a negative except for odb but he was more of an energy dude than a mc. and when 50 was on top of his game he was like a 7/10 but now he's like a 5 or 4 out of ten. dude is the apitamy (spelt it wrong) of being decent and thats not a complement

Koolish
05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
usually the harder something is to understand the more intelligent it is. that's why people say a lot of mainstream artists have to "dumb down" their lyrics, even Jay-Z admitted to it.

Bone Collecta
05-05-2006, 10:00 PM

so Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and all them old school rappers are allowed to rap about about jewels and shit and its considered lyrical but if 50 does it then it sucks.

last time i checked Ice Cream was for the clubs.

crass
05-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Alright, most the posts I've had the displeasure of reading so far have either been so, so bias towards the Wu-Tang that it's untrue, or so bias towards 50 that it's untrue, neither the Wu or G-Unit are gods, they have all made wack songs at some point or another, and all have had career highlights which some of us can only dream of, so get off all of their dicks. You can't pick out Candy Shop or In Da Club and automatically say 50 sucks, because it doesn't work like that. Pick out What's Your Phone number, so Pac sucks? Pick out You Owe Me, so Nas sucks? Pick out Sunshine, so now Jay-Z sucks? And so on.

First of all, I don't like 50 Cent, I've never been particularly impressed by his attitude, he's extremely arrogant about his riches every time I either see a new video, or see him in an interview. The way he treats other rappers out of New York too, he loses a lot of my respect for that. He also catches a lot of hate because of how he built his career and found fame, see How To Rob or his endless disses to Ja Rule, careers built on beef are not very cool in my opinion. While I, like most of you it seems, love music with a message, not all music needs to be thought provoking or with an aim of changing the world. We need an artist who can make us dance, or sing along to their stuff equally as much as we need a GZA. 50 generally makes us dance. GZA usually makes us think. That balance is good for hip hop, and music in general.

But on the other side of things, it's unfair to say 50 is a an idiot and isn't a good lyricist, he's not considered by me or anyone else I doubt a fantastic lyricist, but he is a good lyricist, just not in the way a Wu-Tang fan, or a fan of underground music would think. 50 has written some good songs. They are few and far between, but just because he doesn't write "good" songs doesn't mean he can't. He sprinkles his music, here and there with some good shit. For example, on "Many Men", when he says "Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain/Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain/Death gotta be easy cause life is hard/It'll leave you physically, mentally and emotionally scarred". That's good lyricism.

I've went on for longer than I had planned here, but you get the point.

bravo for the post. very well said.

i don't think that "many men" lyric is that great. he pretty much lifted an old soul song (which is sampled in many songs, including INS "nightshift," la the darkman "springwater" and recently some mainstream singer) which goes "it seems joy and pain are like sunshine and rain"