PDA

View Full Version : Young Jeezy

WuTangWarrior
05-04-2006, 05:17 PM
What yall think of him??? I've always thought of him as another one of them southern rejects (not generalizing godamnit, i know my south rappers lol) thats been coming out in this era of hip-hop. Ill admit i've been ignoring him a lot too, i havent downloaded/bothered to hear out a single song off his album, and i just downloaded one today from the Hip Hop Mp3s Exchange thread (Soul Survivor). I'm listening to the lyrics and im really liking them, im about to go off and buy his album to hear this dude out. Im starting to appreciate rappers like him even though he might be off a lil on some skills, but hes still bringing the hood to commercial rap, i gotta appreciate them over the "GET CRUNK GET CRUNK SHAKE YA ASS" bullshit thats coming out today, i mean i know that it aint the same hood rap we used to listen to back in like 95' but shit man this dude atleast keepin it real a little bit compared to 90% of the commercial rappers today . And yeah alotta people started liking him when they saw Ghost in his video but i aint one of em ill tell ya that. Im glad that hes putting out that old hood rap that i always listened to. If the year was 96 or 95 right now i wouldnt ever listen to Jeezy's shit cause there were tons off ill rappers out, but now compared to these dumb and fake fucks that get record deals with major companies these days, hell yeah ill support this dude. What yall think of him and what do yall think distinguishes him from the other commercial rappers right now? Just curious.

PEACE

Oztradamus
05-04-2006, 05:25 PM
[Young Jeezy] Yeeeaaahhhh [/Young Jeezy]

WuTangWarrior
05-04-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah that is one thing i hate about him man, the "YEAAAAAAH" and "LETS GIT IT", but i try hard to ignore it lol

PANDA PISS
05-04-2006, 05:36 PM
i think his flow is boring
he spits the same shit jigga was spittin 10 years ago, only nowhere near as good
fuck him

KBOS
05-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Fuck young jeezy. His spews more feces lyrically then my asshole does after a long night at don labos mexican grill.

Bedlam
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I used to be the biggest Jeezy hater on this board, but I've grown fond of the retarded trapster. I listened to his album, and the beats are nice, but I can't hate on his style anymore. I can't deny that its fun to listen to as a stress reliever/just something fun with your friends. Sayin random Jeezy quotes is cool cause they're so retarded sometimes. CHEA.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a good rapper, far from it, but I'd take some Jeezy anyday over D4L, 50, whatever.

Luther Large
05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
if young jeezy had decent lyrics soul survivor couldve been a really hot song

Wongo921
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM
My friend burned me the cd, but I honestly haven't taken the time to listen to it yet. The only song I heard was Trapstar "i'm so materialistic, so well connected, just ask about me." Lyrically he kind of sucks. But that is only based on one song. I'll give the album a listen to, I don't want to be to quick to judge.

Bedlam
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
My friend burned me the cd, but I honestly haven't taken the time to listen to it yet. The only song I heard was Trapstar "i'm so materialistic, so well connected, just ask about me." Lyrically he kind of sucks. But that is only based on one song. I'll give the album a listen to, I don't want to be to quick to judge.

Lyrically, It doesn't get much better than Trapstar on the album. I just appreciate some of the punches that are beyond corny, they're funny.

"I run with real niggas that'll cut your throat,
And they don't drink Pepsi, they just sell coke"

99 percent of the album is about sellin coke/crack

WuTangWarrior
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I used to be the biggest Jeezy hater on this board, but I've grown fond of the retarded trapster. I listened to his album, and the beats are nice, but I can't hate on his style anymore. I can't deny that its fun to listen to as a stress reliever/just something fun with your friends. Sayin random Jeezy quotes is cool cause they're so retarded sometimes. CHEA.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a good rapper, far from it, but I'd take some Jeezy anyday over D4L, 50, whatever.

that's what im saying.

BRONZBODY
05-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Don't get me wrong, he's not a good rapper, far from it, but I'd take some Jeezy anyday over D4L, 50, whatever.true my nigga!

Kenny Powers
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Give it a few months, we will have completely forgotten about young jeezy. On another note if you wanna be a big rapper then lose the 'young' or 'big' or 'lil' im sick of all that, its a sign of weakness.

Bedlam
05-04-2006, 09:02 PM
who's bad that uses Big? Big L and Big Pun come to mind, Big Shug, all good ass rappers

Os3y3ris
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
First of all, he needs to be smacked for calling himself Gza. Second, he can't rap for shit. However, his shit is catch enough to get some play from me.

Kenny Powers
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
who's bad that uses Big? Big L and Big Pun come to mind, Big Shug, all good ass rappers
-I guess i was just trying to get at how it seems like every rapper coming up has to do something like that and then falls off, good point though with the 'big'.

Jabba Jaw
05-05-2006, 06:01 AM
jeezy is trash

Murdah Piff
05-05-2006, 07:18 AM
thug motivation is a down south version of cuban linx, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

weak voice weak flow weak lyrics, hot beats. fun shit if you wanna get bent retarded

WuTangWarrior
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
yup, gotta love that coc music