PDA

View Full Version : Dont Sleep! Very, very ill D.O.C. interview (talking bout nwa & eazy, death row etc.)

4-Bar Killer
05-05-2006, 03:00 PM
VERY great interview with The D.O.C., he explains everything, and no, Cube didn't write Eazy's lyrics, D.O.C. did.. Very great interview:

http://www.murderdog.com/archives/doc/doc.html

Jet Set
12-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Why did you stop?
-To catch my breath

4-Bar Killer
12-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Why did you stop?
-To catch my breath

Yeah that's what I'm talking about.. It's such a shame that he doesn't get the credit he deserves.. Look at the ratings that his album got back in the days:

RapReviews:
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/BTTL_doitbetter.html
Music Vibes: 10 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 10 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 10 of 10

All Music Guide:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:8d17gjqrj6iv
5/5

The Source:
5/5

Glad you've read it, more should do the same, he's ill.

Jet Set
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Damn he wrote for The Chronic, Doggy style, and I knew about Straight Outta Compton. But on that shit, Cube was a writer too. Her wrote Boyz N Da hood, and that shit just sounded crazier with Eazy on it.

Looks like alot of stuff was coming form the back ground peoples. And I think nobody could tip Eazy in his Hustler ways for the industry. Dude seriously fucked some people over, and Cube was one of the first to recognize.

His first album, that's just a standout classic. Still like in the interview stated, flow, his words. The shit is bananas flowing continously. I can see that he read dictionaries yeah.

You know what was fucked up. Back in like '98 was I was just in Highschool and getting hold of all the hiphop again. I was just picking up NWA greatest hits, it was the cheapest and I didn't had alot of cash and didnt know all about stareight outta compton albums and such. But after I sw the video of The D.O.C., It's Funky Enough. I went in search of his album adn shit. In Holland it was nowhere to be found. Just like Staright Outta Compton and the other records. It was not untill 2003 that I finally picked the album up in NYC.

Must hear for hiphop fans

4-Bar Killer
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah same here, it's impossible to get over here.. I would love one of the original copies.. He had so many singles, like 4 or 5 videos etc.. He got crazy publicity but that damn drunk-driving fucked him up.

Robert
12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Thats a tight interview.......
This guy never got the shine he deserved

Foxxx-Mulder
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Thats cool i'll read the interview tomorrow, but does anyone knows the date the intervew was taken

Visionz
12-18-2006, 04:31 PM
good read mayne, thanks for posting it up.

4-Bar Killer
12-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Thats cool i'll read the interview tomorrow, but does anyone knows the date the intervew was taken

I think its from late 2002/early 2003 as the new album that they're talking about it Deuce, which was released in February 2003

good read mayne, thanks for posting it up.

Yeah man, that's why I hoped somebody would bump it, you see its a long time ago since I posted it, but I know that people would be interested cause its a great interview/story that most people isnt aware of..

I recently listened to his second album, Helter Skelter from 1996.. It's so fucking scary.. His voice sounds like its straight from hell.. I just thought that he had a hard time speaking or some shit, but his voice is gone, it sounds fucking crazy.. y'all can go to amazon and hear snippets, its so scary haha

ShaDynasty
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
good read
so good that i just copped helter skelter off amazon
man just thinkin about what it must have been like being around back in those days of death row is crazy

abasi
12-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I still have the first tape I didn't like the second one, his voice was too messed up
The first was a classic imo with funky enough, the doc, the formula and my fav grand finale

Robert
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Them snippets from helter skelter sound fucked up!!! How does he sound nowadays?