PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ross?

KBOS
05-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Who is this clown? His shitty Hustlin' single just topped D4L (who topped young jeezy) in the most shitty big hip-hop hits of all time.

I mean just check his lyrics from his single "hustlin" -

talk about me
cuz these suckas scared to talk about me
killas talkin bout me
it aint no talk about me
it aint no walkin round me
see all these killas round me?
lotta drug dealin round me
goin down in DaDe CouNtY
dont tote no 22's
magnum cost me 22
tatted on the 22
birds go for 22
lil momma super thick
she say she 22
she seen them 22
we in room 2-22

Those lyrics completely suck ass. I doubt there are many people on this planet who SUCK more at rapping then Rick Ross. Shame on Jay-Z for signing that faggit.

TUCO
05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
ehhh he has some shine in various tracks ive heard
but overall dude's nuthin special
but its better to drive round here and hear him over Pretty Rickey an Pitbull

Bedlam
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I dunno, I like the beat. And the hook sounds cool, I kinda wish he tried a little harder on the lyrics. I don't hate the song though, its enjoyable as background music. You go way too far saying its worse than laffy taffy. Come the fuck on. Nothing can ever touch laffy taffy as the worst song

INF
05-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Yup, bedlam, you right. Ain't nothin worse than laffy taffy. The Ross beat is off tha hook but thats it. Hov had to be sippin too much to sign this dude. I am not impressed.

It takes all kinds tho.

One.:king:

KBOS
05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Yall are right, let me clarify, when I was talking about rick ross sucking I ment strictly lyrically, I didn't even consider the beats cause it aint like he makes his own.

Bone Collecta
05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
you saying hes worse than D4L proves that ur not so smart

INF
05-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Yall are right, let me clarify, when I was talking about rick ross sucking I ment strictly lyrically, I didn't even consider the beats cause it aint like he makes his own.

Actually, I seen him on direct effect an he said he a Producer/MC. I ain't sure(an dont wanna look it up) but I think dude made the beat for his single.

Kenny Powers
05-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Who cares, he wont last past this first shitty song. Hopefully he'll fall off and we wont have to worry about a second single. LAffy taffy was the worst, then followed by the equally bad Betcha cant do it like me. Hopefully i wont have to hear another song by this guy.

tical2000
05-06-2006, 04:27 AM
he is another over hyped rapper who will have 15 minutes of fame....and dissapear

Oztradamus
05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm feeling the Hustlin' joint..

Check under my avatar..

oDoUoSoKo
05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
blame trick daddy, he signed him.

TUCO
05-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Trick Daddy dope

Oztradamus
05-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Trick Daddy's dope.. I can't knock him.. They make music that is made for the car's to bump, which is dope.. I don't always want to listen about the Sun, Moon and Stars you know..

KBOS
05-06-2006, 10:41 AM
you saying hes worse than D4L proves that ur not so smart

I said lyrically you dickhead

KBOS
05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Actually, I seen him on direct effect an he said he a Producer/MC. I ain't sure(an dont wanna look it up) but I think dude made the beat for his single.

If he did make the beat then he needs to stick to beat making and get the fuck off the mic.

Dough Snatcher
05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Eh dudes aight with me i guess. I mean he has stage presents and some pretty i'll beats but as the thread header says, he's not soo hot when it comes to lyrics. But...his name is pretty big in the MIA...

TUCO
05-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Trick Daddy's dope.. I can't knock him.. They make music that is made for the car's to bump, which is dope.. I don't always want to listen about the Sun, Moon and Stars you know..

fuckin' A ^O^

Bedlam
05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
So does anyone know who actually produced the beat? It sounds very similar in style to Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind". I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same producer, although I don't know who produced that one either...

someone in here gotta know

Murdah Piff
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM
rick ross got that fishscale type beats, but he can't rap for shit

i still bump that shit at 100 volume

Bone Collecta
05-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I said lyrically you dickhead

so ur sayin d4l is better than him lyrically? you still have somethin wrong wit ya:mmmyah:

xHard to Earnx
05-06-2006, 03:45 PM
So does anyone know who actually produced the beat? It sounds very similar in style to Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind". I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same producer, although I don't know who produced that one either...

someone in here gotta know

It's the same guys that did that.

I heard this for the first time last night and didn't mind it. Better than I thought it would be. I'll check it out when it leaks.

Dirty Knowledge
05-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Hustlin was produced by "The Runners".

Rick Ross has been out for a minute now. If anyone remembers he did a track with Trina called "Told Ya'll" from her album and the Bout the Benjamins soundtrack he's the fat nigga dancing in a iced-out cave. He's been out with Slip-N-Slide but never got exposure on them. Lately he has done lots of mixtapes and has one out called "M-I-Yayo" and one with DJ Kronik called "The Streets 2.5" or some shit. I've heard most of this dude's underground work and his freestyles. He's got talent and he's got lyrics but like I read earlier he'll get 15 minutes of fame and fade. He's another Guerilla Black. Yeaaaa, you remember that nigga! He was big for a second too. Anyway, I think Ross nice I bump his mixtapes and for any Miami nigga's ya'll already know that "Port of Miami" (the track not actual album) is a straight up anthem.. it's got a RAW beat and lyrics are good. I think the biggest misconception about Miami artists is that they're stupid and can't hang with say a Gza or Ras Kass. And they can't for the most part. But real people with real struggles and who have lived rough lives can relate to a Trick Daddy when he talks about thugging. Or a Rick Ross when he talks about hustling. Or even a female can relate to Trina talking about being the baddest bitch. I think real recognizes real and you can even love/like or just RESPECT (maybe just STAND) Rick Ross and the fakers/haters and losers will definitly hate on dude. It's not like he's a Nelly or Chingy or some shit. Dude went commercial but he still keeps it gully. If anyone interested in actually hearing more of Rick Ross you can hit me up and I'll send you a couple of what I feel are his hardest tracks. I think SOME people would be surpised if they heard his freestyles on "Down and Out", "Who Shot Ya" or "Dreams".

KBOS
05-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Im not impressed with the fact that he's gully and has a few nice beats (most of which he probably didn't make) because anybody can do that shit. Somebody post some ill lyrical shit by rick ross then I;ll change my mind.

Dirty Knowledge
05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
No matter what someone posts you'll just place Ross' lyrics on that the pedistal of a Gza or Rza so it will never be good enough for what you consider 'lyrics'. Hip Hop and Rap isn't all about "Mathetmatical assical vary dairy queen blastically magically deliciouslly viciously killing emcees" it's about a message that isn't always bottled in to a track with big words.

KBOS
05-06-2006, 09:38 PM
No matter what someone posts you'll just place Ross' lyrics on that the pedistal of a Gza or Rza so it will never be good enough for what you consider 'lyrics'. Hip Hop and Rap isn't all about "Mathetmatical assical vary dairy queen blastically magically deliciouslly viciously killing emcees" it's about a message that isn't always bottled in to a track with big words.

I'm aware of all that, and im not expecting GZA lyrics, but I just want to hear some decent lyrics from rick ross.

Dirty Knowledge
05-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I put a few tracks up that I thought were better than Hustlin.. peep the Rick Ross shit... these gotta be at least decent..

http://www.putfile.com/hoodmedia

Kenny Powers
05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Trick <3 the kids!