PDA

View Full Version : do you belive in reincarnation?

ERN-DAWGY
05-06-2006, 09:55 PM
what are your thoughts on karma and reincarnation?

dif de la rev
05-06-2006, 10:01 PM
karma is in the thought behind the action that is manifested within the action. like the sauying what you put out (that thought) will come back ten times (the retribution) bigger.

reincarnation that's saying that your soul still has bad energy it has to work off. the only way that you can believe in reincarnation is to believe that you have bad energy and have to come back. the better you act the higher your soul evolves, the worse the lower it falls. the greatest you can reincarnate in the system of that belief is a pure soul. which would be on par with the dali lama.

karma yes. reincarnation no. actions carry more weight while living then worrying about the 'next lifetime'.

ERN-DAWGY
05-06-2006, 10:07 PM
but they find the dali lama after he dies cuz he reincarnates... and i kno i shouldnt write this in this forum but I think the dali lama knows that I'm talkin about him right now becuase I just got the gut feeling..n hes sending me a massage to say that he knows what I'm saying.. whick takes me to my next point...

whatt do ya'll think of Reiki... the study of natural healing with energy, and controlling energy to send massages stuff like that.. I belive in that shit

Klawful
05-07-2006, 07:26 PM
reincarnation that's saying that your soul still has bad energy it has to work off. the only way that you can believe in reincarnation is to believe that you have bad energy and have to come back. the better you act the higher your soul evolves, the worse the lower it falls. the greatest you can reincarnate in the system of that belief is a pure soul. which would be on par with the dali lama.

what you have said there may be one particular view on reincarnation but it doesn't cover any other* views. Such as the christian view on Reincarnation.
The christian view on Reincarnation and I imagine* also the Muslim or Islamic views are similar.

I am sure that some ignorant people would then suggest that Christians and followers of Islam don't believe in Reincarnation and that would be a flawed opinion, Because in fact the ultimate reward and punishment both require the believer to be Reincarnated.

To make my point clearer for some I will continue to explain in hopefuly simple language. A human being is on earth, Heaven above, Hell below (sound familiar yet). If you do well by your God you eventualy get reborn into a perfect body, knowing no sickness, injury or death. If you do bad by your god you get born again into a world of constant torment and torture, never knowing peace again.

some people may not agree with my interpretation of Holy texts and if you don't that is perfectly fine. We all have our own path to follow and no man or woman can walk it for us. I would consider myself to be a christian and in sayin that am I in no way disounting the validity of any religions, it is the path that i have chosen to express my desire to walk with a higher being, to find in myself a small amount of peace in a world that is Filled with anger, hate, envy, greed etc...
I have talked to and sought spiritual advice from other religions than my own and found many to be highly enlightend individuals and in saying that I would like to say that when having a discussion and not a debate to have only one possible description or interpritation of the topic at hand shows a possible ignorance either out of a lack of knowledge or an unwillingness to accept views different from your own.

I am just hoping that I did not contradict myself and if I have offended anybody then I apologize because it is never my intention to do so on a topic such as this, If you did get offended however I would suggest maybe some slow breathing exercises and light meditation, maybe a nice cold beer.

Also to answer the question, Yes I do believe in reincarnation.

*I am not currently knowledgable in theories of reincarntaion and am sure that there are many more views than those represented by myself and who has already posted

*because I havent read any Islmaic texts on the matter

I sincerly apologize for any and all spelling mistakes which may be in the text above and the inacurate sentence/paragraph structure which is present and too often prolific in my writings.

Kephrem
05-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Though unbeknowst to many, reincarnation is indeed found in the Bible. Karma is known by another word:justice, which is reward for righteousness, and punishment for wickedness.

Soul Controller
05-08-2006, 12:28 PM
karma.. i dont believe in or do,. but people who believe in it.
their lives will be constant with karma as in,. their actions will be accountable..
now reincarnation..
i.. hmm

i do and i dont..

i do coz., people have memories of past lives and future events that need to be done,. i see it as b4 we are manifested into this physical existence.. our energy/soul/aura has a set 'scenerio' which is pre-designed by the aura, b4 we come in to manifestion into this reality.
but over time.. ( you remember and see a lot more weird shit when ur younger as u get older.. those things are filtered out due to the condtioning of this 3d wordl) you forget what it is you wanted to experiance in this existance (this reincarnation)

now i dont,, coz

the mind shows, what ever you believe in, it will come to pass.
so its all a big cycle. the things is to break the cycle and experiance what u need too, and i have been living in a world the last 4 years or so,
what ever i want to experiance bad or good, happens.

positive thoughtS!

i will add on more later

PEACE

Soul Controller
05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
but they find the dali lama after he dies cuz he reincarnates... and i kno i shouldnt write this in this forum but I think the dali lama knows that I'm talkin about him right now becuase I just got the gut feeling..n hes sending me a massage to say that he knows what I'm saying.. whick takes me to my next point...

whatt do ya'll think of Reiki... the study of natural healing with energy, and controlling energy to send massages stuff like that.. I belive in that shit

natural healing is amazing

but when u break down the science of natural healing
its mind blowing as

ok take.. reflexology or vibrational healing..
those are sounnds that the body takes, in.
and changes certian functions of organs or it clenses them

i dont know the name of this(i have forgotton so much shit it pisses me off!! ) ..,but our hands/back/feet
contain parts.. that if we massage or rub, or even flex., it effects other parts of our body.. now the only way this could ACTUAL HAPPEN AND BE TRUE IS,. if our body was a h0logram. as all holograms have the whole picture in whatever part of it ur looking at..
many natural healers use this method. to fix back pain neck pain etc
they use parts of the feet/hands that refer to this places on ur body
again, this can only be done if that body is a hologram.
the shit science says (labbelling 97% of our dna as 'junk dna' they call this junk dna as it TRANSMITS AND RECIEVES DATA who to and where from.. ill leave foe later)
and the mind process's all that..
mix that with how our sences really work,. mix that with the mind and how it creates what our sences FEEL

you on some next shit.. that many wont even accept let alone comprehend

peace.

MsRzaRecTaH
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh Wow You Know About Natural Healing Huh.. We Gotta Build On That Subject Soon..

Soul Controller
05-08-2006, 01:07 PM
lol msrza

the stuff i know is mind blowing...
still just live fo fun tho!

MsRzaRecTaH
05-08-2006, 01:11 PM
well reason Im saying its cause I experienced it!! thats why..

ERN-DAWGY
05-08-2006, 01:16 PM
yea my sister is 1 degree away from being a Reiki master...she tells me all kinda weird shit with energy n shit ..some stuff is mindblowing

Kephrem
05-08-2006, 01:43 PM
karma.. i dont believe in or do,. but people who believe in it.
their lives will be constant with karma as in,. their actions will be accountable..

Right, their actions will be accountable. But it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that you are implying that ones actions should not be accountable, correct??

Also, there's this thing called CAUSE and EFFECT, I'm sure you have heard of it, yes?

now reincarnation..
i.. hmm

i do and i dont..

i do coz., people have memories of past lives and future events

This is NOT the sole understanding of reincarnation, perhaps you are thinking of the HINDU or of the BUDDHIST tradition?

now i dont,, coz

the mind shows, what ever you believe in, it will come to pass.
so its all a big cycle. the things is to break the cycle and experiance what u need too, and i have been living in a world the last 4 years or so,
what ever i want to experiance bad or good, happens.

positive thoughtS!

How does reincarnation effect what ones goals are/will be in life, I'm not following you on this point.

DigitalSignalz
05-08-2006, 03:37 PM
if water is heated up and evaporates then returns to earth again why wouldnt our consciousness? energy is just energy... its flows n changes so why not

hectis
05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I Don't Belive In Reincarnation But Sometimes I Do In Karma Cuz Of Things That Have Happend In My Life

hectis
05-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I Don't Belive In Reincarnation But Sometimes I Do In Karma Cuz Of Things That Have Happend In My Life

WAIT LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN I DON'T BELIVE IN REINCARNATION OF THE
PHYSICAL BODY BUT I DO BELIEVE IN IT MENTALLY

Kephrem
05-08-2006, 06:52 PM
if water is heated up and evaporates then returns to earth again why wouldnt our consciousness? energy is just energy... its flows n changes so why not

This is my understanding of reincarnation as well.

PEACE

galt john galt
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
reincarnation is mostly an eastern thought process. the western religuons including islam and judaism don't talk mush. they have their heaven and hell non of the go around like christians with the second coming of jesus and buddhism with the dali lama.

Right.
05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
You can see on someones eyes if their soul is old or how old their soul is, maybe it's imagination/fantasy or bullshit. When you're dead then you're dead.

I don't know if Karma is the same as Justice.

My First Timbs
05-13-2006, 11:06 AM
karma is in the thought behind the action that is manifested within the action. like the sauying what you put out (that thought) will come back ten times (the retribution) bigger.

karma yes. reincarnation no. actions carry more weight while living then worrying about the 'next lifetime'.

but the thing is that your neglecting is that the concept of Karma has no physical or temporal boundaries!

meaning that, Karma is basically a self pitying philosophy that allows one to "meekly" accept whatver life throws there way because obviously if life throws it their way, they must deseve it based on something that occurred in a past life or future life that has yet to occur!

this is the true understanding of "Karma" via Hinduism.

Karma is a philosophy that makes one quitely and meekly accept their situiation, thus Karma is a rule for the sheep.

-timbs

ShaDynasty
05-13-2006, 11:24 AM
i had a thought once, that we are all the same organism, that every living creature is controlled by the same soul, so when i die, ill experience another person or animals life, the same with all of yall cos we are all the same soul

just a thought
so dont call me a nutcase

denaturat
05-13-2006, 03:08 PM
I think concepts such as god or reincarnation are men's reaction to something that he knows but is not willing to face, namely the fact that he is alone in this world, that his existence is finite and that his death is final.

TAURO
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Simple answer, no because I believe in heaven and hell, and we will end up in one or the other.

denaturat
05-13-2006, 07:28 PM
why do you believe in heaven or hell? there is no evidence for it. it is a fairy tale created for the purpose of giving you some meaning and comfort in your life.

TAURO
05-13-2006, 07:57 PM
why do you believe in heaven or hell? there is no evidence for it. it is a fairy tale created for the purpose of giving you some meaning and comfort in your life.

You don't need evidence, thats why it's called faith, besides how can you be sure they don't exist.

TAURO
05-13-2006, 08:07 PM
I think that people try to deny the existence of heaven and hell because the idea scares them.
Knowing that there is an ultimate fate waiting for you at the end of your life, wheather you have lived a just life or not, people tend to be mostly sinners and assume they may go to an eternal damnation, but it's not too late there is salvation.

denaturat
05-13-2006, 09:46 PM
but there is NO EVIDENCE that there is hell or heaven. you say it's just faith, in that case why don't you put your faith in Joe Pesci or RZA? that is just as arbitrary as putting your faith in God. I prefer to believe my senses and reason. This make sense, arbitrary faith does not.

TAURO
05-13-2006, 09:59 PM
A person with no faith is someone who is lost, you are a classic case of science vs religion, you feel that things need to be explained otherwise you don't feel secure, the unknown scares you admit it.

My First Timbs
05-14-2006, 01:44 AM
A person with no faith is someone who is lost, you are a classic case of science vs religion, you feel that things need to be explained otherwise you don't feel secure, the unknown scares you admit it.

actually and honestly,

those who "dont subscribe to faith" are the ones who actually welcome the unknown and live life in pursuit of the unknown..!

those who do indeed subscribe to the concept of faith wholeheartedly have a problem with the unknown (or what seems to be unknown at the time) so instead of welcoming the unknown at face value, they alleviate this "anxiety" with "faith"

-timbs

denaturat
05-14-2006, 03:45 AM
actually and honestly,

those who "dont subscribe to faith" are the ones who actually welcome the unknown and live life in pursuit of the unknown..!

those who do indeed subscribe to the concept of faith wholeheartedly have a problem with the unknown (or what seems to be unknown at the time) so instead of welcoming the unknown at face value, they alleviate this "anxiety" with "faith"

-timbs

I couldn't agree more. As someone said fabove, faith requires no evidence. but that means it is a blind leap. therefore you don't really know the unknown. through use of imagination you arbitrarily come with one possible conclusion - a conclusion that does not rest on sound reasoning. when I reject such an arbitrary conclusion, I am then able to make rational inquiries. I begin to make sense of reality with my intellectual faculties. this is one of the most rewarding journeys a human being can experience.

a person who "believes," no longer exercises those intellectual faculties. she cannot question and cannot reason independently. there is no need for it. religious doctrine provides all the answers. therefore this person cannot understand the joys and rewards of intellectual inquiry. I am certain that philosophical inquiry, even one that leads to dead ends, is more rewarding than simple parroting of established religious practices.

TAURO
05-14-2006, 07:55 AM
I couldn't agree more. As someone said fabove, faith requires no evidence. but that means it is a blind leap. therefore you don't really know the unknown. through use of imagination you arbitrarily come with one possible conclusion - a conclusion that does not rest on sound reasoning. when I reject such an arbitrary conclusion, I am then able to make rational inquiries. I begin to make sense of reality with my intellectual faculties. this is one of the most rewarding journeys a human being can experience.

a person who "believes," no longer exercises those intellectual faculties. she cannot question and cannot reason independently. there is no need for it. religious doctrine provides all the answers. therefore this person cannot understand the joys and rewards of intellectual inquiry. I am certain that philosophical inquiry, even one that leads to dead ends, is more rewarding than simple parroting of established religious practices.

PARROTING!! you clearly have no understanding of the concept of religion, I am not a religious fanatic so I know when enough is enough but you go on about lack of evidence and the rewards of intellectual inquiry, Just because I am religious does not mean that im close minded. I was willing to respect your opinion because that's what this thread is about, debate and discussion, but how dare you come on here belittling a foundation that has been around for thousands of years with a some what ironic closed mind.
I am a person that enjoys reading up on different cultures trying to understand many aspects of human civilisation both past and present but your use of the word "PARROTING" has disrespected not just christianity but all religions. There is a reason why they have lasted many centurys and it is down to more that just passing it on to your offspring. You talk about evidence when it has been documented many times prophesies and miracles that have happened around the globe.
I wasn't expecting to change your belief just trying to make you understand mine, but clearly you're not looking for "the joys and rewards of intellectual inquiry" but rather looking for a way to insult others.

I hope your intention was not to offend but in future be more careful of the words you choose.

Peace.

My First Timbs
05-14-2006, 11:33 AM
peace and no offense

but the time something has been around on the planet or the number of people that participate in it, lend no credence at any time

this is an error in reasoning also known formally as the "Herd Philosophy", "Safety in numbers" or "The appeal to antiquity"

it is a common misconception and error in reasoning put forth by a religionist.

It basically is a groundless assumption that "something is legitimate, good or right simply because it has been practiced for a long time" it is also called the "test of time falsehood". Because basically and bluntly, who is it that decides when enuff time has passed to establish something as "true" or "merit worthy?"

an example of this would be a comment made such as

"ppl have believed in agods and religion since the beginning of time, thus it must be worthwhile and true!"

this of course is an error in reasoning.

i discuss this concept in detail in A Call to Sanity

LHX
05-14-2006, 11:44 AM
i dint choose this incarnation on purpose

i hate wearing pants

Soul Controller
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Lol

denaturat
05-14-2006, 05:22 PM
PARROTING!! you clearly have no understanding of the concept of religion, I am not a religious fanatic so I know when enough is enough but you go on about lack of evidence and the rewards of intellectual inquiry, Just because I am religious does not mean that im close minded. I was willing to respect your opinion because that's what this thread is about, debate and discussion, but how dare you come on here belittling a foundation that has been around for thousands of years with a some what ironic closed mind.
I am a person that enjoys reading up on different cultures trying to understand many aspects of human civilisation both past and present but your use of the word "PARROTING" has disrespected not just christianity but all religions. There is a reason why they have lasted many centurys and it is down to more that just passing it on to your offspring. You talk about evidence when it has been documented many times prophesies and miracles that have happened around the globe.
I wasn't expecting to change your belief just trying to make you understand mine, but clearly you're not looking for "the joys and rewards of intellectual inquiry" but rather looking for a way to insult others.

I hope your intention was not to offend but in future be more careful of the words you choose.

Peace.

of course my intention was not to offend. I was expressing my opinion on religion. it is certainly less shocking to hear what I said about parroting, than to hear religious assertions that I will burn in hell.

Klawful
05-14-2006, 06:50 PM
But if you are a person who doesn't believe in Hell then why would it shock you or even bother you in the slightest if somebody says that you are going to spend eternity there?

denaturat
05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
well, it doesn't truly schock me, I should have used the word offend instead. I think if someone calls me a sinner and tells me that I will burn in hell, despite the fact that I don't believe it, it can be at least slightly offensive. It is a judgment of my charcters without full appreciation of my own morality. it's a rejection or a dismissal of the ousider, the non-religious person. actually it's more like condemnation. on the other hand, calling someone's practices parroting is merely criticism.

TAURO
05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
well, it doesn't truly schock me, I should have used the word offend instead. I think if someone calls me a sinner and tells me that I will burn in hell, despite the fact that I don't believe it, it can be at least slightly offensive. It is a judgment of my charcters without full appreciation of my own morality. it's a rejection or a dismissal of the ousider, the non-religious person. actually it's more like condemnation. on the other hand, calling someone's practices parroting is merely criticism.

First of all don't put words in my mouth, I never said you would "burn in hell", when I said that people tend to be sinners I was also refering to myself..Im no saint either, like I said im not a religous fanatic, just trying to explain a certain way of thinking. My intention was not to scare you or put things in your head I was speaking of people in general.
I would never say something so judgemental to someone I don't know and have never met in person.

LHX
05-14-2006, 07:49 PM

you have some interesting insights

but
whats all this talk about being 'offended'?

denaturat
05-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Tauro: I was speaking generally as well. I was speaking about the religious people I've met.

LHX: I was respondin to Tauro who seemed to take some offence to my assertion that religious practice is just parroting, namely repeating established beliefs and practices without questioning and fully understanding.

LHX
05-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Tauro: I was speaking generally as well. I was speaking about the religious people I've met.

LHX: I was respondin to Tauro who seemed to take some offence to my assertion that religious practice is just parroting, namely repeating established beliefs and practices without questioning and fully understanding.

sall good

denaturat
05-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Furthermore, just so we are clear, I am trying to have a debate and I take no personal issue with anyone.

TAURO
05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=denaturat]Tauro: I was speaking generally as well. I was speaking about the religious people I've met.

There are so called christians that go around condemming people with a holier than thau attitute and I dislike these people because of it but don't judge the majority with the actions of a few, we are not robots we are all individuals with our own thoughts and opinions. People that had probably said such things to you are more likely extremists or said it because you rubbed them up the wrong way with statements similar with what you said to me.

denaturat
05-14-2006, 08:31 PM
lol...yeah. yeah, I am known to push puttons. but I am really just curious how people defend their positions. as I said, it is nothing personal.

I think relgions teach many excellent moral principles (I obviously don't agree with all), and although I am in agreement with many of them, I arrived at such conclusions by a different means.

TAURO
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
lol...yeah. yeah, I am known to push puttons. but I am really just curious how people defend their positions. as I said, it is nothing personal.

I think relgions teach many excellent moral principles (I obviously don't agree with all), and although I am in agreement with many of them, I arrived at such conclusions by a different means.

Thats a fair statement, I also don't agree with all the religous morals but I try to stick with the guidelines as much as possible.

Klawful
05-15-2006, 03:13 AM
As a christian, I would like to point out that it says that all men are sinners in the bible.

Also on a side note, I'm not bothered at all by what a person does everybody "commits sin" in some way or an other its inescapable if you follow the bible, so every day I sin. Just because I follow one path doesnt mean I am better than another person who has chosen to follow another.
A man (or woman) should not be judged by their actions more than the intent behind the action.

What you do doesn't make you a bad person, but why you do it may.

TAURO
05-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree with that.

denaturat
05-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Though unbeknowst to many, reincarnation is indeed found in the Bible. Karma is known by another word:justice, which is reward for righteousness, and punishment for wickedness.

justice is not reward for the righteous and punishment for wicked. justice is doing what's right. reward for righteous is reward and punishment of wicked is punishment. justice sometimes demands that wicked are not punished for example, so Jusice cannot be what you defined above.

My First Timbs
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
justice has nothing to do with "reward" for the designated "righteous"

in a nutshell, justice merely refers to the concept of "getting what one deserves"

karma does indeed fall in line with this concept of justice, however (and this cant be glossed over), karma has no physical or temporal boundary