PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Chavez wanst to stay in power 'till 2031

Gawd
05-07-2006, 03:09 AM
"I am going to call a referendum," Chavez said. "I am going to ask you, all the people, if you agree with Chavez being president until 2031."
The Venezuelan Constitution (javascript:siteSearch('The Venezuelan Constitution');) allows a president to be re-elected only once in immediate succession. Chavez is eligible for re-election to another six-year term in December, but if he wins he wouldn't be able to run again in 2012.
It wasn't clear if Chavez, 51, was talking about holding a legally binding vote to eliminate limits on re-election or proposing a plebiscite. Before Chavez took the stage, thousands of his supporters chanted: "Oh, no! Chavez won't go!"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194557,00.html

And he criticizes the US

Kephrem
05-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Perhaps he sees snakes wanting to take power after him, and thus feels the need to keep presendtial power consolidated from later going to U.S. controlled agents.

HANZO
05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
i think he should from what i have heard of him, his a man of the people. the venezualan economy is growing and the man is also helping his fellow latin american countries with financial help.

WU-KILLAH
05-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Lol I've said since the beginning he was just a mothafucker robing his country, he'll soon be exposed . Western medias jerk off speaking about him like he's a saint, I've been in latin america this year ... just ask the people. he's like Lula, fuckin liar.

HANZO
05-07-2006, 12:11 PM
^^western media hate this man

Kephrem
05-07-2006, 02:04 PM

Word, and from what I've gathered from others, the Spanish speaking media isn't too fair to him either.

WU-KILLAH
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM

in my country they suck his dick trust me . It's just a matter of time he'll be exposed.