PDA

View Full Version : best soccer player in the world right now

whitey
05-08-2006, 03:09 AM
whos the best player in the world right now?.....besides ronaldinho http://mud.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/821432952 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiZS.15EuyAAArqizbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjdmNoOTV jBHBvcwMyBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=1jp08a6gp/EXP=1147161810/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/msie/view%3fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%252Fmsie%253Fp%253Drona ldinho%2526o%253D1%2526m%253Di%2526a%253Dfd%2526ei %253DUTF-8%26h=512%26w=349%26imgcurl=soccer-gallery.net%252Fpics%252Fronaldinho8.jpg%26imgurl= soccer-gallery.net%252Fpics%252Fronaldinho8.jpg%26size=25 .6kB%26name=ronaldinho8.jpg%26rcurl=http%253A%252F %252Fwww.alhajar.net%252Fib%252Flofiversion%252Fin dex.php%252Ft5998.html%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fw ww.alhajar.net%252Fib%252Flofiversion%252Findex.ph p%252Ft5998.html%26p=ronaldinho%26type=jpeg%26no=2 %26tt=76,483) 9:|6 i think the world cup will have a large influence on this but luca toni is one of my top right now 30 goals in league play is just sick and henry is just unstoppable those would be my top 3.......

Frontal Lobotomy
05-08-2006, 04:15 AM
I thought Steven Gerrard deserved world footballer of the year, given that he practically won Liverpool the champions league, and is arguably the best midfielder in the world right now. Ronaldinho is immensely gifted, mind you. My personal favourite in world football though, is Francesco Totti, that guy's amazing. He has all the qualities Roberto Baggio had, only with a worse temper, perhaps the only thing that's held him back from being the best. Still, Italy will have a good world cup with him on fire and Toni getting himself a golden boot.
My bet for player of the world cup: Messi, Henry or Lampard

WU-KILLAH
05-08-2006, 04:54 AM
I guess you meant best football player ... well it's without any doubt Ronaldinho. Even Pelé wasn't that amazing.

Jeremy94
05-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Ronaldinho Fo' Sho

But the GOAT is:
http://www.mangasfoot.com/images/images_football/zidane/zidane2.gif

WORD!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Ronaldinho Fo' Sho

But the GOAT is:

WORD!

co sign this.

Soul Controller
05-08-2006, 09:01 AM
umm
gerrard
riquelme
henry

aFter the world cup

messi and aimar will ownz

Prince Rai
05-08-2006, 09:21 AM
ronaldinho n henry

WU-KILLAH
05-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Ronaldinho Fo' Sho

But the GOAT is:

WORD!
9:|6 9:|6 9:|6 9:|6 9:|6

TUCO
05-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Ronaldinho Fo' Sho

But the GOAT is:

WORD!

CHEA!!!! :cheerlie: :cheerlie: :cheerlie:

4-Bar Killer
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Ribery is gonna be one of the best.. Yo Wu-Killah what's up with Marseille? I can't find any news on the club, but uhm, is there any rumors of new players/players which are going to be sold? And what about Luyindula? when will he be back in Marseille?

Grongle
05-08-2006, 11:22 AM
ronaldinho n henry ... kenny miller lol jokin

Moctezuma
05-08-2006, 11:41 AM
ronaldinho

messi will be next year

etoo is much better than henry

haven't seen this toni, just his statistics, and it's obviously impressive

chiba
05-09-2006, 11:57 PM
id have to say pavel nedved
this guy is a soccer macheine
watch this guy play he is one crazy mo fo

the rest i would pick
gerrard, adriano, robinho, henry, shevchenko, zidane, c.ronaldo, rooney, eto'o

peace

ironmantis
05-10-2006, 06:53 AM
if we're talking about at the moment, then i would say people like:

Goal - Robinson, Cech

Def - Toure, Puyol, Nesta, Terry

Mid - Ronaldinho, Makelele, Kaka, Juninho

Att - Henry, Eto'o, Shevchenko, Drogba, Toni

and GOAT, I agree with Zidane and also had people like Gullit, Van Basten, Maldini & Baresi (yes I am biased towards Milan but they merit being named in this category).

peace

IRAN
05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Anyone from Lampard, Henry, Gerrard, Ronaldhino, Kaka, Nedved, Rooney.

IRAN
05-10-2006, 11:49 AM
ronaldinho

messi will be next year

etoo is much better than henry

haven't seen this toni, just his statistics, and it's obviously impressive

Eto is nowhere as good as Henry, Henry is a true football genius, just look at the goals he has scored, fucking unbelievable.

Jus Allah
05-10-2006, 04:41 PM
atm Ronaldinho, in the future Huntelaar... scored 22 goals for Ajax in 20 matches, got a total of 33 goals in 34 leaguematches... and this was his first season in the Dutch league... some of his goals this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhHOvUvtgJc

including this goal... last minute injury time, Ajax is 1-0 down... eventually won the match 4-1 after extra time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52yq2V3ceo

Frontal Lobotomy
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll still say Gerrard, granted all the other players mentioned (props to all acknowledging Zidane, he's a wizard) are amazing, but this guy is the only footballer in the world who has everything. In that he's on £100k a week minus bonuses, is captaining the side he's supported as a boy, has recently captained his team to a european cup, and his missus is both fit and expecting twins or something. I'm a Man Utd fan and even I envy the guy

adedwutang
05-10-2006, 07:19 PM
my favorite player is Gerrard hands down but does n e one else see alot of potential in robinho, i see him as a ronaldo type player when he was in his prime, the way he could run thru a defense wit speed and power but at the same time have incredible control
get at me-

Alcryt
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
ronaldinho n henry ... kenny miller lol jokin

lol James Mcfadden:hooray:
co-sign on the other two

Big Bad Man
05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Ronaldinho. Easy. Goat is Pele. Zidane and Maradona in middle of them 2. But the best player to watch is my man Bobo Balde for Celtic :lmao: Just funny as fuck the amount of people he injures and kicks fuck out of. When you see the expression on a players face as Bobo comes wi his 6,5" 18 stone frame, to take that fucker out the game, its priceless! BOBOS GONNAE GET YAE!

Frank Drebin
05-13-2006, 07:17 AM
dylan dylan dylan dylan dylan.

Maradona in his prime owned anyone. He the GOAT. Fuck Zidane are you serious with Zidane? Platini is the best Frenchman of all time so how is Zidane GOAT?

Jeremy94
05-13-2006, 09:29 AM

Maradona in his prime owned anyone. He the GOAT. Fuck Zidane are you serious with Zidane? Platini is the best Frenchman of all time so how is Zidane GOAT?

Zidane shit easily on Platini, he has no default, he won everything(Wold Cup, Euro, Champion's League...).
What more can i say?
He is the best player ever and it's all.
Word!

Big Bad Man
05-13-2006, 10:35 AM

Dude Zidane won the champs league, world cup, spanish league and euro champs alone. Plattini won nuttin. Plus Plattinis a pussy and he is trying to ban the slide tackle fae the game. Zidane is much greater than Plattini man.

Frank Drebin
05-14-2006, 03:46 AM
yeah zidane won alot of things but he had a lot of help to he did it on a team with some good players. I dunno Zidane always looked shit to me since he left Juve.

WU-KILLAH
05-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Zidane had a dream team with him. Platini is probably the best french player of all time (They were the best team in 82 when they lost vs Germany after having lead 3-1, the most robbed match of the history) ...
Anyway, I can't stand Platini right now, dude doesn't know what humilty means. It would be a big issue if he was elected president of the UEFA cause he got crazy stupid ideas.

-Gambino-
05-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Henry!

Alesco
05-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Best player ever, in ma opinion would be diego maradonna, Then pele, Then Ze Zoo. Best talent at the moment would be ronaldihno by a fucking mile.. Here is a kid for yall to check out (Cesc fabrigas) This kid be tha shit.. And off course henry and shevchenko are great strikers..

Soul Controller
05-15-2006, 07:23 AM
why so much hype
over a diver?
the man looks for dive's b4 he does his skills
that too me take him out of the top 5 players in the world right now

he may have the most skills. and tricks but ronaldino with his no tracking back approach. and the amount of times he dives clearly.. and still getting the penalty.. never saying to the ref/.. i fell or dived
takes away more. than he has to give

ronaldinho is a joke as a diver.
if he stopped fucking about
he'd be in my current top 3

Frontal Lobotomy
05-15-2006, 07:59 AM
I must say, I like how Ronaldinho fucks about on the pitch. It reminds me of the days of playing in the adult sides a teenager, you just looked to show off and take the piss as much as you could. I agree that his tendancy to go to ground is perhaps his only weak point, and he does get away with a lot. Apparently, in one game he actually marched the opposing wall back 10yards before he took his free kick, and the ref did fuck all about it. As to whether Zidane was better than Platini? Hm, I'd say Platini, he may have won less but the '82 final is one of the best games of football ever.
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Johan Cruyff, George Best or Kenny Dalglish in the great classic player shouts either, these dudes were cool. None (apart from maybe George) were as cool as Eric Cantona though, that guy was smooth

Soul Controller
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
maradona is the greatest

King Callabah
05-15-2006, 01:22 PM
fuckin Ronaldinio (spellin!?) that mutha fucka is a FOOTBALL player, not a fuckin fashion following billionare wanna be thug, real mang, real football

Soul Controller
05-15-2006, 02:33 PM
real diver

u mean

King Callabah
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM
diver?! PSSSSSSSSSSSSSH! nah yo ronaldinnio is a real football playa, no nonsence, he fucked every1 up

adedwutang
05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
how u gonna take him out the top 5 because he dives, cmon man, if he gets it most of the time then wuts so bad about it, i understand if he just fell over and lost the ball all the time, he doesnt even need to dive half the time ne wayz cuz he leaves niggas eatin dirt, his skill alone makes up for any other department u can judge a futbol player on, another thing is that he has a passion for the game, he plays it because its wat he absolutely loves to do, and u can tell that by the way he plays on the pitch, he doesnt do it just to get paid, he wuld still b playin soccer if he were born a billionare
get at me-

King Callabah
05-15-2006, 03:04 PM
if he was Drogba, then yeah diving his a problem, but we talkin RONALDINNIO! this mutha fucka is sumtin else yano, hell yeah, this dudes amazin, him who i supportin in the world cup lol! Team Ronaldinnio

King Callabah
05-15-2006, 03:05 PM
fuck i read that bak, i dont make alot of sence, im a lil drunk lol 'scuse

JackOfHearts
05-15-2006, 03:34 PM
ronaldihno is immense but Henry is better IMO.

Soul Controller
05-16-2006, 02:13 AM
if he was Drogba, then yeah diving his a problem, but we talkin RONALDINNIO! this mutha fucka is sumtin else yano, hell yeah, this dudes amazin, him who i supportin in the world cup lol! Team Ronaldinnio

er see drogbra knows he aint all majikal.and he is a bit clumsey so it looks like he dives (yes he does dive) but
ronaldinho dives so much (see himn in important big games.. like tomorrow nite) he will blatenlty dive.. then get up and smile!!
he fucking smiles all match.. then he dives..
to me that shows, he is not one of the best..
did maradona ever dive? did platini? beckenbauer? zico?

but this man whos face looks better on pro evo 5 than in real life.
shows his class by diving.
get the fuck outa here
he might be amazing.
but he is a fucking cheat.

and the worst thing is when he dives. and everyone knows he has
he gets up wit hthe same kiddy smile as,. he has when he passes the ball backwards for a wicked pass
he might be amazing and skilful
but he is a cheat.
i know most ronaldinho fans will refuse to see he dives
all i can say is.. watch him play full matches.
and watch what he does.. watch the whole picture.. not just the nice things he does

peace

chiba
05-16-2006, 02:17 AM
ronaldinho gets fouled hard most of the time
ppl have to foul him coz "he breaks their ankles"

plus ppl dive to get a free kick
its part of the game now
its a strategy
it is cheating but every soccer player dives nowadays

this guy is gonna shine like madd this wednesday
braca vs arsenal

Soul Controller
05-16-2006, 02:25 AM
messi would have out shone him if he wasnt imjured
messi has shown ronaldinho up all season when he wasnt injured,

King Callabah
05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
er see drogbra knows he aint all majikal.and he is a bit clumsey so it looks like he dives (yes he does dive) but
ronaldinho dives so much (see himn in important big games.. like tomorrow nite) he will blatenlty dive.. then get up and smile!!
he fucking smiles all match.. then he dives..
to me that shows, he is not one of the best..
did maradona ever dive? did platini? beckenbauer? zico?

but this man whos face looks better on pro evo 5 than in real life.
shows his class by diving.
get the fuck outa here
he might be amazing.
but he is a fucking cheat.

and the worst thing is when he dives. and everyone knows he has
he gets up wit hthe same kiddy smile as,. he has when he passes the ball backwards for a wicked pass
he might be amazing and skilful
but he is a cheat.
i know most ronaldinho fans will refuse to see he dives
all i can say is.. watch him play full matches.
and watch what he does.. watch the whole picture.. not just the nice things he does

peace

1st of all i dont like yo tone mutha fucka, hush ya head wit that shit, 2nd ronaldinnio doesnt dive ANYWHERE NEAR as much as you tryna make out he does, to say he dives sometimes, fair nuff, ok, but you jus lookin like a hater right now, ronaldinnio is the best football playa in the world IMO, to you maybe not, but to me yeah he is

Soul Controller
05-16-2006, 11:31 AM
mothafucker?

rofl
dont like my tone?
LOL
i think u think this is personal?

im a ronaldinho hater? lol
no,. i dont think the best player in the world needs to dive
or over act.
he should have the skill and technique to play the game properly
their are many players who that
and ronny is not one of them.

if u think that makes me a hater.. coz i dont like divers.. then cool

King Callabah
05-16-2006, 11:40 AM
mothafucker?

rofl
dont like my tone?
LOL
i think u think this is personal?

im a ronaldinho hater? lol
no,. i dont think the best player in the world needs to dive
or over act.
he should have the skill and technique to play the game properly
their are many players who that
and ronny is not one of them.

if u think that makes me a hater.. coz i dont like divers.. then cool

neva said i think this is personal, i jus didnt like the way you was typing, prolly jus you, but yano, ah well, and you still makin out he the only playa that dives, and he actually isnt notorious for diving is he? so he obv. dont dive as much as you makin out, hes the best player in the world to me and im jus sayin, no i dont think he dives as much as certain peoples i.e YOU say he does

Soul Controller
05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
neva said i think this is personal, i jus didnt like the way you was typing, prolly jus you, but yano, ah well, and you still makin out he the only playa that dives, and he actually isnt notorious for diving is he? so he obv. dont dive as much as you makin out, hes the best player in the world to me and im jus sayin, no i dont think he dives as much as certain peoples i.e YOU say he does

not personal but u called me a mothafucker? lol
i swore in the context of the sentance/situation not at u
im not saying he is the only player who dives.. im saying
the best player in the world shouldnt dive.. shouldnt CHEAT as he has the skills and self respect to not do that.. (did maradona/pele/zidane/keane/ince/deschamps/baggio ever dive?)
he isnt notorious for diving in england YES. coz the brits love him.
how many barca's games have u watched this season on sky? or last season,, if u seen atleast 20 a season.. then u know, why i say he dives.. many ppl in here musta seen him do the same thing.. and go..
why does he NEED To dive....

the best player in the world
is too good too dive.

Fayth
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Ronaldino

King Callabah
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
not personal but u called me a mothafucker? lol
i swore in the context of the sentance/situation not at u
im not saying he is the only player who dives.. im saying
the best player in the world shouldnt dive.. shouldnt CHEAT as he has the skills and self respect to not do that.. (did maradona/pele/zidane/keane/ince/deschamps/baggio ever dive?)
he isnt notorious for diving in england YES. coz the brits love him.
how many barca's games have u watched this season on sky? or last season,, if u seen atleast 20 a season.. then u know, why i say he dives.. many ppl in here musta seen him do the same thing.. and go..
why does he NEED To dive....

the best player in the world
is too good too dive.

yeah its not personal, yu took me sayin mutha fucka to heart or sumtin blud? psh, and waheva mang, i cant be bothered to argue, to me Ronaldinnio is best in the world, end of, full stop, boowap

Grongle
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
naaa theres only 1 paul ince :clap: Wolves 4 Eva !!! 9:|6

IRAN
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Gerrard.

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 02:13 AM
yeah its not personal, yu took me sayin mutha fucka to heart or sumtin blud? psh, and waheva mang, i cant be bothered to argue, to me Ronaldinnio is best in the world, end of, full stop, boowap

lol nah i dint take it to heart.
this is a forum..lol

you was the one who stated i come across

'1st of all i dont like yo tone mutha fucka, hush ya head wit that shit,'

looked like u took it to heart to start with.
lol

talking hard on line
wha wha!

FrenchShin
05-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Ronaldinho. Easy. Goat is Pele. Zidane and Maradona in middle of them 2. But the best player to watch is my man Bobo Balde for Celtic :lmao: Just funny as fuck the amount of people he injures and kicks fuck out of. When you see the expression on a players face as Bobo comes wi his 6,5" 18 stone frame, to take that fucker out the game, its priceless! BOBOS GONNAE GET YAE!

Bobo's the man :)

Toulouse for life.

FrenchShin
05-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Zidane had a dream team with him. Platini is probably the best french player of all time (They were the best team in 82 when they lost vs Germany after having lead 3-1, the most robbed match of the history) ...
Anyway, I can't stand Platini right now, dude doesn't know what humilty means. It would be a big issue if he was elected president of the UEFA cause he got crazy stupid ideas.

Bordeaux was a good team, but with Zidane it became a very good team. it wasn't all about the team, Zidane can really increase the level of a team. Dugarry never played as well as the way he played with Zidane.

FrenchShin
05-17-2006, 02:46 AM
strange how ppl used to ride Lampard's dick, and now it's all about Gerrard.

i've always prefered Gerrard though, dude has been a genius for years now, and finally get what he deserves.

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 07:14 AM
gerrard is class
i wish he playhed for the team he supported as a kid tho!

WU-KILLAH
05-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Bordeaux was a good team, but with Zidane it became a very good team. it wasn't all about the team, Zidane can really increase the level of a team. Dugarry never played as well as the way he played with Zidane.

True, but I was talking about 98 and 00 France team. By the way 00 France team is one of the best football team of all time.
Zidane winning the worlcup this year would without any doubt push him in the all of fame of all time legends. But right now I don't put him on the same level than Pelé, Cruyff, Maradona, Platini etc.

Toulouse for life

they were very disappointing this year, it's like this club have somewhat lost his soul. And for real I can't stand their Milka cow suit +)

Kong
05-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Ledley King 9:|6

nah Ronaldinho is the best right now. Dont noone show him up.

He will put Arsenal on there arse.

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 07:42 AM
lol nah nah
arse will win!
unless messi plays..

King Callabah
05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
lol nah i dint take it to heart.
this is a forum..lol

you was the one who stated i come across

'1st of all i dont like yo tone mutha fucka, hush ya head wit that shit,'

looked like u took it to heart to start with.
lol

talking hard on line
wha wha!

nah i was jus tellin you straight, and whos talkin "hard" this how i speak in real life mutha fucka ask somebody, you dunno me so waheva waheva

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
rofl at telling me straight

u better askbody motha fucker

rofl
now u do sound like a16 year old

King Callabah
05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
rofl at telling me straight

u better askbody motha fucker

rofl
now u do sound like a16 year old

me? mang, you act like a 12 year old, thats why i asked if you was REALLY 28.....for some1 your age you some nex immature dude, "rofl" shut the fuck up man, fuck wah i sound like to you anyways, you know me? no, dont think so, so you cant really say shit can you huh, not anythin that means anytin anyways

Ronin
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
stop acting like women, soul has points

roaldinho, henry, rooney, gerrard, messi, xavi etc are all greats

but imo, ronaldinho and henry are on top...henry is possibly better because without him arsenal woudlnt have been as sucessful as they have been for the past few years

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 01:10 PM
lol
im 28. dang.. im sorry i enjoy life liek a 12 year old, talk on serious issues .. then u can see how immature i am.. but this shit is all jokes

none of this means anything so we keep explaining ourselves more!!!
rofl

henry is the best.. pretty easily.. he defends he tracks back like crazy.ive seen him many times from the oppositions half track all the way back and make the tackle in his own 17 yd box
thats one of the things a great world class player should be able to do
this is anoither reason why i dont think ronaldinho is top. yes he has al lthe party tricks and passes amazing vision.. but he lets peoploe WALK past him.

anyone in holland/italy actually see van der meyde play?
mothafucker was wank for everton last year
i heard b4 he went to inter he was supposed to b a great,

Soul Controller
05-17-2006, 01:19 PM
oh and k.c

r u gonna address the points i made on ronaldinho?
and what the worlds best player should be like.. and what values/examples they should set?

i know u said u dont give a fuck on what ive said bout him
i would like to know why u think he is so great.

*no sarcasm*

urban_angel
05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Ledley King 9:|6

nah Ronaldinho is the best right now. Dont noone show him up.

He will put Arsenal on there arse.

I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

FrenchShin
05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
they were very disappointing this year, it's like this club have somewhat lost his soul. And for real I can't stand their Milka cow suit +)

it's the same every year actually (except that marvellous year 1986, but it's really the only one lol)... anyway, still in L1, which is a record. and Elie Baup will be the new coach, so i'm confident.
and for the shirt... they should take the Fiorentina purple, yeah.

Toulouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse. forever.

King Callabah
05-17-2006, 01:34 PM
oh and k.c

r u gonna address the points i made on ronaldinho?
and what the worlds best player should be like.. and what values/examples they should set?

i know u said u dont give a fuck on what ive said bout him
i would like to know why u think he is so great.

*no sarcasm*

i think he's good cos his head aint too big for his body, mutha fuckin "football players" these days think they gods gift, ronnaldinnio enjoys FOOTBALL, wah they playin? football, this mang loves the game, you can see it, ok, he may dive now an then, i aint watch EVERY barcelona match, so aight, you got the point of me prolly not watchin nuff of him, so i aint stricktly positive that he doesnt dive, wah i have seen tho is very fuckin impressive, and he's a great player, puts heart into this shit still

you mention old classic players, yeah them all great too, BUT this thread is bout the best playa in the world RIGHT NOW, them older cats retired, them gone from the game, we aint talkin out THE best EVER, we talkin best in the game right now, no? so from wah i seen of ronnaldinnio, hes very fuckin good, and he enjoys it fully, or at least seems to, aight fair nuff, but also take this into mind right, in the game right now, diving appears to be part of the game huh....mutha fuckaz diving all the time, so aight, he does too huh, so maybe not the best role model playa....if ya get me, but i still persoanlly think he's the best in the world, right now

'scuse if that dont ansa the question, but thats jus wah i think anyways

King Callabah
05-17-2006, 01:37 PM
and yeah actually, peoples been sayin his name, Henry too, i like wah i see from this mang, he's very good too

The Hound
05-18-2006, 03:47 AM
ronaldinho is somethin we should appreciate because we may never see a special talent like him again, henry is the complete package, same as ronaldinho, but ronaldinho has that somethin extra special,maybe its the brazilian touch i dont know, there just somethin that seperates him,,also i like michael ballack (yes bias speaking) but when he goes to chelsea, people in england will get to really see what he is about, look 4 big world cup from ballack, but it hard to seperate ronaldinho and henry, but not many people mention defenders when u talk best players, lucio, puyol, terry, all imprtant cogs in their team, also, i never hear people talk about emerson, emerson to me is the most important midfielder at juventus, more important than nedved, he is the engine driver, look for lukas podolski to have a good world cup aswell

WU-KILLAH
05-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Ronaldinho shitted on Henry yesterday

The Hound
05-18-2006, 04:17 AM
henry had that early missed oppurtunity, he had that break down the left where he beat puyol and i think marquez and his final touch let him down and he had a golden oppurtunity he hit straight to victory valdes, i thought henrys comments on ronaldinho and eto'o were strange since ronaldinho did create more chances than henry and played more dominating role for his team, sure it wasnt ronaldinho's greates performance, maybe if arsenal had 11 men henry could of played a natural game, but blame lehmann not the ref, lehmann knew wot he was doing he raised his hands and for andy gray and martin tyle to say 'you shouldnt send him off becaus it ruins a spectacle' is disappointing from 2 respectable commentators and to say arsenal were cheated is wrong, i think it was eboue who went down when arsenal scored, not a foul by anymeans, so it works both ways

Ronin
05-18-2006, 04:24 AM
lol at soul moaning about divers when he follows argentina

Frontal Lobotomy
05-18-2006, 04:35 AM
Henry played class yesterday. He ran himself into the ground for Arsenal. Ronaldinho? the through ball he played to Eto'o for Lehmann's red card was real nice, but he didn't have anywhere near as good a game as Henry had, considering he had far more possession and played ina team with 11 men. I like Ronaldinho a whole lot and all, but i can't bring myself to get as excited about him as the rest of the world does. He was class for Gremio & PSG and no one really talked about him until the 2002 world cup. But with Brazillian football being the way it is, someone better will come through in a year or 2. All that being said, Ronaldinho will continue to be the face of Nike having taken over from Ronaldo.
The one thing that's always kinda annoyed me though, is FIFA's bias for Spanish based footballers winning world footballer of the year, it's been like 7 years in a row or something stupid. Fair play, it's a good league, but it ain't the premiership.

-Gambino-
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
I saw the game only till half-time and imo Ronaldinho didn't do anything great. He had many ball losses etc. But Henry - he was good as always.

The Hound
05-18-2006, 08:53 AM
what did henry do that was great?he missed 2 easy chances and fucked up another opprutunity, other than that never saw him, neither of them had a good game

FrenchShin
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
just wanna point that Henry was alone forward, and played as a real 1st defenser when Lehman got the red card. he didn't stop running.

Ronaldinho was not in a good day. didn't do anything really impressive except a few runs... but he was really selfish yesterday, he doesn't play like that usually. maybe because he was really high on the field, more than usual, i don't know...

The Hound
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
henry always operates as a lone forward in europe, hes always running, always driving runs from deep inside arsenal defence, maybe it other thread but i did recognize lehmann sending off did hamper henry because late in the game bergkamp would of come on as a parter with reyes on the flank im no denying henry had it tough, but still, he had chances to inject himself and put the game beyond doubt at 1-0 5 minutes before barca equalised, should of score after 3 minutes

Alesco
05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Well done barca

Moctezuma
05-18-2006, 02:08 PM
henry is a huge player, i can't disagree
but he has a huge defect... when he is in front of the keeper, alone, really he is not efficient... maybe it works with ridiculous english keepers, but not out of english championship...

Frontal Lobotomy
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Mocctezuma, no offence..but like, the English premiership is now the strongest league in the world, and the hardest to both compete and establish yourself in as a player. As for Henry, he only missed the one-on-one in the final, he put it past Cassillas in the knockouts (who is ranked Spanish no.1 keeper, I believe) and he also smashed one past Buffon (still regarded by some as the best keeper in the world) in the quarter final. With regard to our 'ridiculous english keepers' - Petr Cech; world no.1, Jose Reina; 23 clean sheets in the league this year, Edwin Van Der Sar; world class stopper for how many years? Jens Lehmann Germany no.1 and record clean sheets in the champions league. Need I continue?

Alesco
05-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Accept for shevchenko, Henry is tha best in tha world, Then eto... And as far as keepers go, Czec is by far tha best in tha world

Alesco
05-18-2006, 02:39 PM
This jus be my opinion though

Alesco
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
henry is a huge player, i can't disagree
but he has a huge defect... when he is in front of the keeper, alone, really he is not efficient... maybe it works with ridiculous english keepers, but not out of english championship...
You are only saying that becoz henry missed a good chance yestarday.. Henry is a class playa..

WU-KILLAH
05-18-2006, 03:59 PM
With regard to our 'ridiculous english keepers' - Petr Cech; world no.1
and before he came to Chelsea he was just a good young keeper in french championship for real ... that's actually the problem in french championship the level of the keepers is way higher than anywhere else.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-18-2006, 04:12 PM
That's very true. Isakson, Coupet and Landreau are all very very good keepers. Fabien Barthez was once an awesome goalie too. There's a young keeper for Le Mans, Yohan Pele I think who's being widely tipped to be snatched up by a big English team as well, but I haven't seen much of him.

FrenchShin
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Pelé is gonna be mad expensive next year...

da kid toney
05-19-2006, 11:59 PM
carlos rodruigez gonzales santiago esmeralda schleckpimmel

Soul Controller
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
lol at soul moaning about divers when he follows argentina

that was un called for!!!

sakk
05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Landon Donovan

FrenchShin
05-24-2006, 10:17 PM