PDA

View Full Version : Using a DVD-R to Burn A VCD

WuTangWarrior
05-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Whattup fam.... i got a quick question. Is it possible to burn a VCD with a DVD-R??? I got a couple avi's and mpg's that i wanna watch on my dvd player but iono if it will work if i burn a VCD using a DVD-R disc. Let me know yall... peace

GENERAL WISE
05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
no idea what you are talking about . i know a dvd....talking about

WuTangWarrior
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
aight i wanna burn a couple tv shows and music videos i got in .avi format so that i could watch them on my dvd player, my dvd player is vcd compatible. I cant burn dvd's from the files i have cause they have to be in DVD format which i cant make them in. So what i want to do is use a DVD-R Blank CD (Cause it has much more space than a normal CD-R) and use it to burn all those files i have so they work on my dvd player as a VCD, meaning i didnt (atleast i think i didnt) need to convert them into any format besides the format they're already in (avi, mpg) im just asking yall if this is possible to use a blank dvd cd to burn all my files on to it as a VCD so i can watch it on my dvd player. I hope that cleared some things lol

PANDA PISS
05-08-2006, 04:16 PM
unfortunately, only newer dvd players play avi/divx and other files
so unless you know for a fact that yours plays the newer standard files, they wont play
you can either get a new dvd player
or a file converter so you can change the files to mpeg then you can watch them on your player
i had the same problem, so i know this
im getting a new dvd player next month
if you burn the dvd as data, you can fit 5 or 6 films on one disc
ive researched this for myself
hope i helped

WuTangWarrior
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah man but my dvd player isnt THAT new that it'l play avi's if i saved them on a dvd cd as data. What ive done before is burn about 10-15 music videos on a VCD and it worked on my dvd player, what i want is for that same concept to work for a DVD cd since it has much more space. I wanna put tv shows and shit on it, thats what im tryna do. I want to make a VCD using a DVD-R Blank Cd, im just asking if thats possible or not.

PANDA PISS
05-08-2006, 05:26 PM
yes but............................................... ..............................................
for some reason it uses the same amount of space (or at least in my experience)
as i said if you have an avi playin dvd player, then you can save it as data
and have shitloads on one disc and itll work on your player

WuTangWarrior
05-08-2006, 05:33 PM
damn... aight thanks for the info man