PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video

WotsGoinDown
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Im hearin alot of hate for the iPod video , the battery power isnt bad for all the features it has got , over 2 hours video playback and up to 14 hours music playback. I think the iPod shits on other Mp3 players easilly , and it easilly shits on the PSP for video and music playback , u wud have to spend around 2500 on memory cards for the PSP to match the 30GB memory of the iPod Video.
http://www.ouvre.com/wp-content/ipod-video-1.png

WuTangWarrior
05-09-2006, 02:53 PM
i got one and i love it, 15 GB full already with music and music videos/movies/tv shows :)

redemption
05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
get it just for the music playback and its great

R3beLuTionAry
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
i have 60 gig ipod video and its 5 star quality. i dont know what the fuck hate would be about, but it doesnt matter because hate towards any ipod is totally irrelavent.

Kong
05-17-2006, 09:02 AM
i got the 30. is good.

Fayth
05-20-2006, 04:12 PM
damn i want one

Prince Rai
05-20-2006, 04:22 PM
yeh i got the 30!!

its great, only theres a scratch on the screen which is annoying, but its ok!
i havent had anyyy problems with it. sound is amazing and if you chek the picure quality, its really good, beats many mp4 players.

downside really is that if you dont get a case soon enough, you will get bad scratches.
and oh sometimes you will realise that the battery life aint that good. sounds weird :S , but sometimes the battery runs out so quikly, without even using video etc.

but yeh, without a doubt an amazinggg thing!! i cnt imagine how the 60 could be useful :P, the 30 already is hard to fill up!!!!

Fayth
05-20-2006, 04:26 PM
ouch tough luck with the scratch, scratches piss me off, ha - my DS is still collecting dust cos theres a big ass scratch on it

it sounds amazing though, thanks for your lil review :) ill look more into them....

Icurus
05-21-2006, 02:35 AM
I got a zen: vision m, my girl got the ipod. truth be told, the zen is better. My girl keeps stealing my shit. The ipod is great too, just the zen has more features, and you can put divx,xvid,.avi, or any torrent files straight to it. Its more of a PC friendly thing.

It has a hd lcd screen, fm radio, and a voice recorder.

Heres a link:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=14331

MaShPG
05-21-2006, 02:54 AM
yeh i got the 30!!

its great, only theres a scratch on the screen which is annoying, but its ok!
i havent had anyyy problems with it. sound is amazing and if you chek the picure quality, its really good, beats many mp4 players.

downside really is that if you dont get a case soon enough, you will get bad scratches.
and oh sometimes you will realise that the battery life aint that good. sounds weird :S , but sometimes the battery runs out so quikly, without even using video etc.

but yeh, without a doubt an amazinggg thing!! i cnt imagine how the 60 could be useful :P, the 30 already is hard to fill up!!!!

I was in the exact same situation. Heres what I did.

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/27/restore-your-ipod-nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/

^^use this to get the scratches out (works on all minor-moderate, the big scratches may not work)

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-3/5G-30GB-Video-iPod/Detail

^^ put this on after cleaning it to protect.

i highly reccomend that process. if you follow the directions it's fairly easy and cheap. PM me if you need any help. peace.

ALSO, ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TRADE iPOD MOVIES PM ME!!

Claustrofobic
05-21-2006, 07:43 AM
SERIOUSLY duke, dont get an iPod....I have one myself and the quality is sooo fucking poor, it is bound to get flaws and bugs and eventually break down after a year or so. When u get it, you'll be happy and think its cool and all, but after a while you while notice its acting strange and it will just fuck up....I know this for a fact cause it happened to me and like 30 other people I know whith all kinds of iPods of different sizes, nano, video, all that shit....iPod is sooo fukin crap I just give u advice dont waste your money on that shit

WotsGoinDown
05-21-2006, 03:00 PM
SERIOUSLY duke, dont get an iPod....I have one myself and the quality is sooo fucking poor, it is bound to get flaws and bugs and eventually break down after a year or so. When u get it, you'll be happy and think its cool and all, but after a while you while notice its acting strange and it will just fuck up....I know this for a fact cause it happened to me and like 30 other people I know whith all kinds of iPods of different sizes, nano, video, all that shit....iPod is sooo fukin crap I just give u advice dont waste your money on that shit
wrong

Fayth
05-21-2006, 04:24 PM

thanks dude, most of my mates have them, my mate broke his last week but thats cos he dropped it, but still it cant be that strong if it breaks from a minor fall like that!

Prince Rai
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I was in the exact same situation. Heres what I did.

http://todd.dailey.info/archives/2005/09/27/restore-your-ipod-nano-to-new-condition-with-a-4-can-of-brasso/

^^use this to get the scratches out (works on all minor-moderate, the big scratches may not work)

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-3/5G-30GB-Video-iPod/Detail

^^ put this on after cleaning it to protect.

i highly reccomend that process. if you follow the directions it's fairly easy and cheap. PM me if you need any help. peace.

ALSO, ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TRADE iPOD MOVIES PM ME!!

prps for that!!

MaShPG
05-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Fa sho, good luck.

Okay, if anybody wants to trade movies, holla at me. Heres what I have in iPod format:

Movies:

Battle Royale
Fight Club
Half Baked
Rhyme & Reason
Saw II
Shogun Assassin
Sin City
Style Wars
The Boondock Saints
The Warriors

TV Shows:

The Boondocks-Passion Of The Ruckus
The Boondocks-Wingmen
The Boondocks-Return of The King
The Boondocks-The X-Box Killer

Kong
05-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Shogun Assassin would be good to have but i want a few of them

Battle Royale (edit: downloading it now, can convert after)
Fight Club
Half Baked
Shogun Assassin
Sin City
The Warriors

all i got is the animatrix and peep show season 1,2,3.

i got some stuff i can convert though. six feet under, sopranos, last two episodes of lost.

Ink Is My Drink
05-27-2006, 08:13 AM
i think my i pod video is a really good mp3 player an one the best out there so id def advise buying one

but 2 problems i found battery it runs out pretty quick.

some just break randomly an have problems an shit but you get a year insurance so i guess your alright if anythign happens

and they scratch so easily! i jus bought i special sticker thats sracth proof and shit it only covers the screen but thats all i really minded about

and i dont ahve any films or tv programs on it just have music videos. would be happy to trade

Fayth
05-27-2006, 08:26 AM
still interested in getting one...hmm...

WUHEADSINCE93
05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
I have movie Ipod,but I don't have the updated quicktime to put movies on .I need help on how to convert and place movies on my Ipod some one help!!!!!!!!

TUCO
05-27-2006, 09:26 AM
iPod is a strong sign of the apocalypse

Ink Is My Drink
05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I have movie Ipod,but I don't have the updated quicktime to put movies on .I need help on how to convert and place movies on my Ipod some one help!!!!!!!!

i downloaded videora ipod converter and use it alot to put music vids on my i pod (im using it now putting lost series 2 on) but im not sure if this the quickest program to convert the files to get them on i pod cos it can take awhile

WuTangWarrior
05-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Music Videos:
A TON OF HIP-HOP

Movies:
Friday After Next
Spawn
Crash

TV Shows:
All of the Boondocks episodes (havent converted em yet but will soon), the only one i dont have is "Wingmen" Mash, hook it up (non-ipod format) if you can, and also i've never heard of X-Box Killer but try to hook that up if you can too lol.

Some Simpsons Episodes
A ton of Family Guy Episodes
__________________________________________________ ____________

A problem i'm having with the iPod right now (30gb) is that the battery life goes out so damn quick, like in an hour for video. Im thinking of using the battery replacement program but iono if its trustable or safe, what if they fuck it up or delete all your stuff or even find some shit that they find "illegal"?? iono what to do lol. BTW it was like this when i bought it off of eBay, i guess thats why it was like $250, but iono what to do with the battery.....

Longbongcilvaringz
05-30-2006, 04:54 AM
dont fucking get an ipod. after a few years the battery life will be non existant. trust me. apart from that they have the best functionability and intergration of all mp3 players, but they only last 4/5 year max. from my experiences anyway.

Kong
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Music Videos:
A TON OF HIP-HOP

Movies:
Friday After Next
Spawn
Crash

TV Shows:
All of the Boondocks episodes (havent converted em yet but will soon), the only one i dont have is "Wingmen" Mash, hook it up (non-ipod format) if you can, and also i've never heard of X-Box Killer but try to hook that up if you can too lol.

Some Simpsons Episodes
A ton of Family Guy Episodes
__________________________________________________ ____________

A problem i'm having with the iPod right now (30gb) is that the battery life goes out so damn quick, like in an hour for video. Im thinking of using the battery replacement program but iono if its trustable or safe, what if they fuck it up or delete all your stuff or even find some shit that they find "illegal"?? iono what to do lol. BTW it was like this when i bought it off of eBay, i guess thats why it was like $250, but iono what to do with the battery.....

i think thats about normal for video i got the same i pod sounds about the same, i got a car charger tho and a mains one.

R3beLuTionAry
05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
I FUCKING L*VE MY IPOD VIDEO!!! IT was always a dream of mine to get an ipod lol. When i finally got an ipod which was the IPOD Video 60 i was amazed. You can watch videos, convert ur own videos, listen to a shit load of music of course, plug it into tv sets, and all sorts of other neat shit. Just so convenient, especially if you want to carry all those wu videos on ur computer etc etcc heheheehhehehehehjeheheeheheherhwaerewhhe

Iron Fist
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I use Jodix Free iPod Video Converter. I was very surprised to find a free programm, that works perfectly fine, plus there is no watermarks automatically put after the conversion. Just Great!! Try it.

http://www.ipod-video-converter.org/index.html

I got the 30g iPod and I really love it. The only thing I really don't like is that the battery life is very short and you absolutely need a computer to recharge it. Some will tell me there is accessory to recharge it anywhere, but it costs like 60$ to buy.