PDA

View Full Version : aquemini or atliens ?

pussy-with-teeth
05-10-2006, 05:23 AM
ill go with aque...especially since the sun is blessin us again..that album is a great summer time record...besides 1 song the whole album is banging..i cant complain when someone says this is the best produced album ever....i mean the beats are off the hook ...classics all over the place...return of the g...one of andres nastiest verses ever...rosa park is a classic southern club anthem.....rae got one of his best verses ever on the album..god damn...the title track is on some next level shit..beat wise and lyrical andre spittin some poetic shit...wow...slump is a classic car banga and the art of story rap is a prime example of how these songs should be done...i dunno why slick rick is only on the video version..that man shoulda have been on the album no doubt....atliens is a classic too imo....i really cant say anything negative about it...the production aint fuckin with aquemini but the raps are on the same level....overall it is more relaxed and chilled out than aquimini...it aint bangin that hard...for that reason i chose aquimini

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-10-2006, 06:26 AM
come on man there aint no debate on this one. Aquemini is worth 5 of ATLiens.

Rosa Parks
Skew it on the BBQ
Da art of storytellin
Da art of stroytellin part II
Return of the G

How many more can i name?

pussy-with-teeth
05-10-2006, 06:33 AM
come on man there aint no debate on this one. Aquemini is worth 5 of ATLiens.

Rosa Parks
Skew it on the BBQ
Da art of storytellin
Da art of stroytellin part II
Return of the G

How many more can i name?

chookyfire
aquimini
liberation

and that fuckin track with the sick trompet sample...its track 12...whats it called again ??? come on that shit was too ill

Visionz
05-10-2006, 07:07 AM
^spottieottiedopealiscious, Aquemini, I think is Outkast masterpiece but ATLiens is also classic, just not quite on that same level. You can't go wrong either way.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-10-2006, 07:08 AM
I voted Aquemini

venex
05-10-2006, 07:40 AM
ATLiens for me, but aquamini is dope too!

peace!

WUHEADSINCE93
05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
atliens for me, but aquamini is dope 2

TAURO
05-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Sorry but I voted Atliens, Aquemini is good to don't get me wrong but I feel they came harder on atliens overall, I don't feel some of the beats on aquemini as much.

TheSupremeSwordwielder
05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Both of these make up my favs. in Outkast's discography...HOWEVER...if I had a choice, I'd vote for Aquemmini 5 times...that shit is ILL!!!!...

Wzarecta
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
ATLiens for me ... just.

Bedlam
05-10-2006, 12:19 PM
ATLiens easily for me. Aquemini has some more average moments, and some shit that pisses me off (Spottieottiedopalicoius, WHY THE FUCK DO THEY NOT RAP ON THIS INSANE BEAT????). ATLiens is the best song on either album, I like the guest appearences on ATLiens more as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love both albums, but ATLiens is a step ahead. Rosa Parks is an all time classic though.

snapple
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
first 3 albums are all classic and different i don't have a favorite of the 3

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Aquemini is the most overlooked classic of the 90's. Just cus its not your average straight normal rap album some people refuse to accept it 100% as a classic.

Oukast stepped all parts of their game up on Aquemini, production skills improved, and their lyrical wise were way higher. I bet theyd tell you that themselves.

444trumpets
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Aguemini is some shit you out in yo ride and let the music take you away like that Wu!

Prolifical ENG
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
i voted Aquemini.....ATLiens I respect as a good album...it just doesnt move me. Southernplayalistic=cadellacmusik finds its way in the rotation more.

ShaDynasty
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
'Aquemini' is my favorite album of all time but i love 'A.T.L.iens' as well

Hayabusa
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Give me the hardcore bass beats of Cadillac and ATLiens over Aquimini... I never really loved Rosa Parks as much as some people do. Aquinimni has a more commerical appeal of the two but I perfer ATLiens. It sounds closer to SouthernCaddy than Aquinimni does.

tical2000
05-10-2006, 05:38 PM
those are two of my favorite hip hop albums of all time period!!!

.......ATLIENS is sick........but I will have to take Aqumini due to the fact that it is alittle more out there and creative

GSTYLE
05-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Aquemini for one of my favourite songs ever, Da Art Of Storytellin.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-11-2006, 10:17 AM
ATliens is a personal classic, aquemini has its briliant moments but right now i cant listen to it the whole way through without feeling some bits are average. i might have a few more listens this week though, havent listened to it for about 6 months. my vote: ATliens, it has an ill vibe.

pussy-with-teeth
05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
yall got it right ... that shit is just too close..cant front on nobodys opinion in here

i still think that aqui was just a lil bit more musical...atl was just one of those rap albums out there...pure rap shit..aqu had someting really new...that sound was crazy...spaced out beats...

INF
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Though wheelz of steel is the track that sunk the deal for me as a kid, I voted Aquemini. The meaning behind that album was a little deeper and the beats were more experimental.

One.:king:

na diel
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
..I like Aqu of the two..peace

stak84
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
i can appreciate aquemini and i can see how it would
be a more popular choice but atliens kills it for me

Heaterz1990
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Both albums were classics...ATLiens and Aquemini both had great production and classic verses from Andre and Big boi...Both of these albums are in my top 10.and prolly 2 albums i can listen to beginning to end without skipping any track....Hard decision tho i mean Andre's verse on "Return of the G" from Aquemini was just fuckin crazy..Gotta go with ATLiens tho

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Aquemini because of Liberation, Spottieottiedopealiscious, Aquemini, Chonky Fire, were exceptional IMO