PDA

View Full Version : Matisyahu

Jus Allah
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Anyone seen/heard anything of him, just seen his video King without a crown and gotta say it sounds allright.

For those who don't know him, he's a Jewish Reggae artist, don't be fooled by his looks tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6k-UxVhIZ8

Panama
05-10-2006, 02:23 PM
His live album is better. Its more slowed down. It just sounds better live. He kills it. Im gonna see him at Lollapalooza in chicago this summer.

Wu-Tang 9
05-13-2006, 11:33 AM
dude i like him. Exilation is my fav song of his

King Justice
05-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Anyone seen/heard anything of him, just seen his video King without a crown and gotta say it sounds allright.

For those who don't know him, he's a Jewish Reggae artist, don't be fooled by his looks tho

Yeah that Song i didn't like but it grew on me its pretty good

Luther Large
05-13-2006, 03:09 PM
dudes a fuckin clown

The Antagonist
05-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Live At Stubbs is excellent. I have no idea how this guy, a Jewish Reggae artist, actually managed to get radio time, but he does, and I think hes very talented. I honestly heard him for the 1st time on some random alternative station and I thought it was weird enough that there was reggae on the radio, let alone really good, new reggae. I downloaded that album and i've been very impressed.

Luther Large
05-13-2006, 03:22 PM
"A LICKY BOOM BOOM DOWN"

this jewish cat is the same thing dont believe the hype

9th Warrior
05-13-2006, 03:26 PM
i hate matisyahu, pick up sum marley or jr. gong or fuckin Human Rights or anything b4 this guy
IMO.

Jus Allah
05-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Offcourse Bob Marley is/was alot better, but compared to the music made nowadays it's pretty good

9th Warrior
05-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Offcourse Bob Marley is/was alot better, but compared to the music made nowadays it's pretty good

nah, like the guy above me aways sed, its Snow's "Informer" all over again just marketed in a more tactful way...because the jewish dressing shit is mad gimmicky, and everyone wants to hear a "traditional looking jew sing reggae" no matter how the fuck good he is at it, he would sell based on how he looks.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-13-2006, 04:44 PM
honestly I was listening to his CD the other day in my friends car and its worth a Download...I need to listen to it more, I like what I heard so far and i may buy it once I listen to the entire album and make a decision

Jus Allah
05-14-2006, 05:04 AM
nah, like the guy above me aways sed, its Snow's "Informer" all over again just marketed in a more tactful way...because the jewish dressing shit is mad gimmicky, and everyone wants to hear a "traditional looking jew sing reggae" no matter how the fuck good he is at it, he would sell based on how he looks.
Yeh you've got a point there, but I heard his CD before I'd seen his appearance, so didn't have a clue it was a jew (altho you can clearly hear he ain't Jamaican) ... Found out when I tried to find some more background info bout him, but it's true alot of artists get playtime coz of gimmicks like that

Definitive X
05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
The guy's a good singer, if you listen to his lyrics, it's better than a good three quarters of the long-haired indie rock bullshit that's ruling the airwaves right now...I'd rather listen to Matisyahu than fuckin' Franz Ferdinand...

chiba
05-16-2006, 10:37 PM
hes pretty good
i like the live at the stubbs album better
hes a good beatboxer

tical2000
05-18-2006, 01:42 AM

dudes a novelty for people who dont like reggae but think he is cool....cause he is a novelty

go listen to some real dancehall reggae you clowns: Sizzla, Buju banton, etc

Jus Allah
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
dudes a novelty for people who dont like reggae but think he is cool....cause he is a novelty

go listen to some real dancehall reggae you clowns: Sizzla, Buju banton, etc
Already know those and listen to them quite alot, but that doesn't mean I listen to Matisyahu coz he's new, he's just got a sound I like

theheavens
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
this dude sucks

abanks47
11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
dude aint that weak, i agree he's a lil gimmicky but some of his shits coo. wish he rapped a lil more like below

VDmr1OVTYE8

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
jew of shit
gotta be killed

ALCATRAZ
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
jew of shit LOL

oDoUoSoKo
11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
hard to be mad at monk..eloels...its like when ur cat tears up ur couch.

AcidPhosphate69
11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Or you just listen to whatever the fuck you like. Elitist fucks. "u fukkin clownz lissen to clown shit cuz u clownz"

Seriously?