PDA

View Full Version : Athletes With Hiphop Mentality

proteck ya neck
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Just saw Jason Whitlock on Jim Rome is Burning talking about how major league sports franchises are more weary of obtaining young african american athletes because of the posse mentality instilled through hiphop lifestyle.
The numbers do show more black foreign players being signed to major league teams because they are considered to be more appreciative for the opportunities and much more coachable.

It's more the fault of these loaded GMs in my opinion. What do they think will happen when you take a kid out of a hood who struggled his whole life, gettin by by playing football and they hand em millions of dollars with one stroke of a pen. what do they expect to happen when they grew up hearing mainstream garbage tellin them to go buy guns and fuck bitches and sell drugs and shit.

Hiphop represents nothing but good things to me, I think the media needs to stop shedding so much bad light onto the industry as a whole and more onto camron and other so called hiphop artists or rappers who commercialize the thug life and turn it into something almost poetic.

nuff rantin'

what y'all think?:(

CherChezLaMarauder
05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
This Issue Is Way Bigger Than "today's Athlete". It's Cultural, Disparity And Lack Of Role Models That Mess Up Alotta Kids In The Hood.

444trumpets
05-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Just saw Jason Whitlock on Jim Rome is Burning talking about how major league sports franchises are more weary of obtaining young african american athletes because of the posse mentality instilled through hiphop lifestyle.
The numbers do show more black foreign players being signed to major league teams because they are considered to be more appreciative for the opportunities and much more coachable.

It's more the fault of these loaded GMs in my opinion. What do they think will happen when you take a kid out of a hood who struggled his whole life, gettin by by playing football and they hand em millions of dollars with one stroke of a pen. what do they expect to happen when they grew up hearing mainstream garbage tellin them to go buy guns and fuck bitches and sell drugs and shit.

Hiphop represents nothing but good things to me, I think the media needs to stop shedding so much bad light onto the industry as a whole and more onto camron and other so called hiphop artists or rappers who commercialize the thug life and turn it into something almost poetic.

nuff rantin'

what y'all think?:(

Good one...

People are idiots blaming it on hip hop...Posse... what the fuck is that...

Hayabusa
05-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Commerical Hip Hop is hip hop and it is part of the blame in a way. Good thing I don't let that garbage corrupt my mind anymore.