PDA

View Full Version : Canibus Hip Hop For Sale Album

CharlesJones
05-11-2006, 04:38 PM
This new album of his is actually pretty good. I like all the beats on here. He's still a ill mc of course. I've been a harsh critic of his because i haven't liked a album by him since his 2nd one 2000 B.C. I got 2 more albums by him that are new called Cloak N Dagga and MicClub Mixtape volume 1.

P-Noid Brown
05-11-2006, 05:56 PM
well cloak and dagga aint that bangin... you gotta check the mic club the ciriculum and rip the jacker those albums are pretty good...

The Antagonist
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
HH4S was one of the worst hip-hop albums ever, particularly because it came from him. That shit was so fucking wack. He even had that pussy shit "So Into You" song. Yeah, Canibus, the guy thats been dropping the hardest verses ever heard over the last decade, puts out a song like that?
That album was the saddest ploy to get mainstream attention ever.(Listen to Dear Academy....its SO obvious. He sounds like a kid trying to look cool by telling people hes with the in-crowd)Beats sucked, and there were only like two songs remotely worth listening to. Cloak & Dagga was weak too, but I love that Venomous Spit track at the end.

Bis is supposedly going to bring it real again with his upcoming albums, which I think is supposed to include a Rip The Jacker sequel, but i'll believe it when I hear it. Untill then, he has fallen off like no other.

CharlesJones
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I heard his Mic Club and Rip The Jacker albums. Mic Club isn't that bad but Rip The Jacker sucked. I remember So Into You song on Hip Hop For Sale. That was a song for the ladies LOL. Canibus has been a big disappointment considering when he first came on the scene, he was so raw. C True Hollywood Stories album is so horrible. He should've never recorded that LOL. His first album sucks too except Get Retarded and 2nd Round Knockout songs.

THE W
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
from what you guys are saying canibus sounds like another battle champion rapper who cant make decent albums.

TUCO
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
only album i found worth listenin to from 'Bis has and always will be 2000 BC
"rip" was mad boring to me....sorry to dissapoint yall fans of it tho

Longbongcilvaringz
05-11-2006, 10:09 PM
hip hop 4 sale is shocking album, most disappointing thing i ever bought. after listening to mic club and rip the jacker i thought it would be more of the same but it was a huge let down. he was trying to critique commercial rap, but then made an album with commmercial beats and shit rhymes as if to say "look how bad commercial is". i think the concept went to far.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-11-2006, 10:12 PM
from what you guys are saying canibus sounds like another battle champion rapper who cant make decent albums.

see:
Mic Club
Rip the Jacker
2000 BC

canibus is alot more then just a battle rapper who didnt make it. he has one of the bests flows and some of the bests lyrics when he chooses to.

baby jesus
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
This Is Probably The Worst Album I Own Thank God I Passed On C True Hollywood Stories I Was Furious Listen To This Shitty Album. These Two Albums Make His First Look Like A Fuckin Classic. But 2000 B.C. And Mic Club Are Really Good Albums.

The Antagonist
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
canibus is alot more then just a battle rapper who didnt make it. he has one of the bests flows and some of the bests lyrics when he chooses to.
Yeah I agree, because in his prime, he was unbelievable.
I liked the 1st album, Can-I-Bus, 2000 BC, MiClub and Rip The Jacker, I though they were all great in their own ways. Hes had some scattered shit in between all that and unless he makes a big comeback this year, his career unfortunately will have to go down as someone who had all the potential in the worl but made a bunch of stupid fucking decisions.

12weLvE
05-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Canibus Rip The Jacker = Classic Shit...

noel411
05-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Canibus, the only rapper to ever put out 3 pile of shit albums in one year. HHFS is fucken pathetic, no matter what angle you look at it from. Lyrics are throw away garbage. C & D is fucken trash. Doesn't even sound like proper music. Mind Control is a disgraceful pile of embarrassing shit.

2000 BC, Mic Club and RTJ all have some really good tracks on them though. 'Bis is pretty much the most inconsistent mc you'll ever hear. Some of his lyrics are great, some are throwaway trash, and a good many are average. It would help if he had some idea what a decent beat is too.

Out of all his albums I managed to almost fill a cdr with good tracks to make a mix cd. Pretty fucken sad considering he has 7 albums, 8 if you include C & D.

"100 Bars" is one of my favourite songs of all time btw.

THE W
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
see:
Mic Club
Rip the Jacker
2000 BC

he made it, but i guess he fizzled out.

TAURO
05-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Can-I-Bus I think was a good album, plus 2000 bc and Rip the Jacker where all great albums, not feeling the others.

The Antagonist
05-12-2006, 05:54 PM
he made it, but i guess he fizzled out.
Quit guessing and actually go listen to his shit.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Canibus Rip The Jacker = Classic Shit...

Awesome shit.Canibus and Stoupe :king:

baby jesus
05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Overrall What A Dissappointing Catalogue From I Guy Who Has All The Potential In The World. He Needs To Just Fuckin Get Some Solid Beats Spit Rip The Jacker Style Heavy On The Lyrics No Fuckin Hooks At All On His Next Album. When I First Heard Him On Beast From The East And All Those Songs He Was Ft. On Before He Recorded An Album I Would Have Thought He Would Make Unfathomable Classics.

THE W
05-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Quit guessing and actually go listen to his shit.
chill out homie, im repeating whats being said in this thread. i havent made a judgement.

The Antagonist
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
chill out homie, im repeating whats being said in this thread. i havent made a judgement.
I'm just saying, dont take other peoples word for it, check him out. Bad career or not, hes a legend when it comes to lyricists.

THE W
05-12-2006, 11:43 PM
i heard enough of him to know he's one of the illest in the game, but it is true i've yet to hear full album from him. i'll hit him up on soulseek. im working on pac right now.

R3beLuTionAry
05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Awesome shit.Canibus and Stoupe :king:

seriously how could you go wrong eh? nice to see another Stoupe fan fo sho

brown_dogg
05-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I heard his Mic Club and Rip The Jacker albums. Mic Club isn't that bad but Rip The Jacker sucked.

Rip The Jacker was amazing. Definitely Canibus' best album. Give it another listen.

The Antagonist
05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Rip The Jacker was on another level...you can't expect everyone to be on that level.
As far as Bis's failures at putting together solid albums go however, RTJ is a huge exception. I consider that to be a true work of art. The story of the album is pretty crazy too, how Bis sent Stoupe the acapellas before he enlisted. Who knows if the album would have been even better if Bis was involved in the production, or much worse....one things for sure though, Bis needs to work with Stoupe. Always.