PDA

View Full Version : how many rappers can u name that are better than 2Pac ??

pussy-with-teeth
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
aight this forum always has some shit againt 2pac ..

bring ya lists

who u rank higher ??

ill comment on them - that will be some funny shit

Ill Jolson
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Cage
Talib Kweli
Gza
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon The Chef
S.A.S(haaaate meee)
Cam'ron(haaaate meee pt. 2)
Jakki Da Motamouth
Jay-Z
Killah Priest
Sabac
Rza
Grym Reaper
Busta Rhymes
Masta Ace
Black Thought

my list

Dirty Knowledge
05-12-2006, 02:34 PM
None from Canada that's fasho.

pussy-with-teeth
05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Cage
Talib Kweli
Gza
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon The Chef
S.A.S(haaaate meee)
Jakki Da Motamouth
Jay-Z
Killah Priest
Sabac
Rza
Grym Reaper
Busta Rhymes
Masta Ace
Black Thought

my list

roflmao

be real

half them dudes ya named didnt had more than 1 dope album

deck better than pac ??

make a pac greatest hits and there aint many mcs who can handle that

rza better than pac ?? wtf are u smokin

at least yall should make some ok rappers up in here....you are whylen with the hate man

BRONZBODY
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
im not hatin on pac...i just dont think he is all that

cosmoprim
05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
2Pac is super over-rated.
Death as a career move.

B.I.G.
Nas
Rakim
KRS
Ghostface
Mos Def
Rae
Kane
RZA

Ill Jolson
05-12-2006, 02:44 PM
"wtf are u smokin"

tobacco at parties and weed sometimes, why?

wtf are YOU smokin, actually thinkin pac is anything near great. He's above average, but come on. I can listen to two or three songs from him before it gets boring

pussy-with-teeth
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Death as a career move.

B.I.G.
Nas
Rakim
KRS
Ghostface
Mos Def
Rae
Kane
RZA

ey yo if there is someone that names rza as a better rapper that pac i catch feeling

stop that

man ya bring some bullshit

pac had how many classic songs ?? ya can easily fill 2 cds with that...

deck gza mef rza....get the fuck outta here with that

cosmoprim
05-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Stop typing like you talk.

It makes you read like an idiot.
Counter-revolutionary.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Death as a career move.

B.I.G.
Nas
Rakim
KRS
Ghostface
Mos Def
Rae
Kane
RZA

co sign

RynMur
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
gza

-Gambino-
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM
As i said in some other topic:
Pac is hated because of his fame. He is good mc and IMO Pac and BIG were in the same level in overall and if BIG would have that fame then im 100% sure people would talk shit about BIG and Pac would be better. You know, theres nobody talking shit about BIG right now but when it comes to Pac then everybody has something to say. People thinks like when you're favourite mc is Pac then you don't know nothing about rap. Kinda like listening to Eminem or 50 Cent? But fuck that. See, every rapper respects Pac but fans are trying to be more "real" if they're hatin on him and listenin to less known rappers or something like that. Anyway i've been listenin to Pac since 2002 and im proud to say he still is my favourite mc.

Hope ya guys understand what i'm trying to say.

P-Noid Brown
05-12-2006, 03:56 PM
i can name close to 200 emcees better than pac.

R3beLuTionAry
05-12-2006, 04:01 PM
well there s a shit load of infinite better than 2pac whether you like them or not so why even list them

R3beLuTionAry
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
im not hatin on pac...i just dont think he is all that

if u dont count any undergroup rappers then he is up there with the best for sure.

bg357
05-12-2006, 04:14 PM
nas
rakim
big pun
big l
biggie
b-real
common
talib kweli
mos def
gza
deck
kllah priest
ghostface
raekwon

denaturat
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
hard to rate rappers, many have distinct styles and personalites, i.e. 2pac and mos-def are different, you can't always compare...like guru for example, I think his flow is a bit off, and his lyrics could improve, but that cat is dope, for whatever reasons, personality, attitude, the shit he says...if he is an true artist, than it is all that matters. if it comes from the heart, who cares about ranking.

The Antagonist
05-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Couple people already mentioned Kweli, and thats correct.

Funk_Dock
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
haha, yall fools make me laugh

200 mcs better than pac??? please i could name maybe 10.....you not even lookin at his career, the way he touches people with his records, his diversity, versatility, vocal presence, live performance, industry impact...

on the serious tip, what are u smokin??

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
2 pac is very overrated more of a pop culture icon than a legend so therefore i cant make a list cuz im not a fan

Deity Allah
05-12-2006, 07:16 PM
All of em' (except for Nick Cannon & E-40)

Prolifical ENG
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
No too many.....I would put Tupac as my top 3.

So my list is:

Rakim
Kool G

thats it.

Im not gonna put loads of those superlogical methphorical backpacker lyricists and say they are better than Pac.

Funk_Dock
05-12-2006, 07:32 PM
id say hes about 11 in my list.

cap
05-12-2006, 07:33 PM
As i said in some other topic:
Pac is hated because of his fame. He is good mc and IMO Pac and BIG were in the same level in overall and if BIG would have that fame then im 100% sure people would talk shit about BIG and Pac would be better. You know, theres nobody talking shit about BIG right now but when it comes to Pac then everybody has something to say. People thinks like when you're favourite mc is Pac then you don't know nothing about rap. Kinda like listening to Eminem or 50 Cent? But fuck that. See, every rapper respects Pac but fans are trying to be more "real" if they're hatin on him and listenin to less known rappers or something like that. Anyway i've been listenin to Pac since 2002 and im proud to say he still is my favourite mc.

Hope ya guys understand what i'm trying to say.

well said!

INF
05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
2many MC's. I got a thing about Pac being a lost prophet that lost his way.

One.:king:

Prolifical ENG
05-12-2006, 07:38 PM
He is not only hated because his fame....it is his current fame. So many fans that jumped on Tupac when hiphop blew up after his death. Those people that hate his fame think if he and B.I.G. were still alive they would be struggling to jumpstart their careers like many other vets in the game right now. This could have been true.

INF
05-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Never Seems like Busta had to struggle cept when his Y2K plan went south.

One.:king:

TUCO
05-12-2006, 07:49 PM
ive always been one to knock 'Pac....not skills-wise cuz he's one of the greats...but substance-wise
i just think most of his raps were a lil too depressing....too much thug life and death and struggles
i understand thats where he comin from, no beef with that at all....but ive always believed that if 'Pac had came thru with some real creative stuff...he couldve been bigger than he already is
i love 'Pac....dude deserves alotta credit and is always on my top 5 all time

yall dudes are clowns yo fo real.....i love WU to the death but yo....i aint gonna front and say most of em dudes better than 'Pac
only MC's i can think of that can be better than 'Pac are the Genius and Biggie

WuTangWarrior
05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
why is tupac hated so much in this site??? he speaks true words about the struggle and sends good messages to people, thats enough to be seen as a great, he does much more than that too, hes not my favorite either. But wtf is up with people saying he sucks, or that he isnt on their top 100, no offense but IMO yall are just mad cause of his fame and it makes me sad too, to see people appreciating pac so much after his death and screamin WESTSIDE and RIP PAC after they havent even listened to atleast 20 tracks by him, and then these people turn their heads and listen to shit like D4L or Dem Franchise Boys. But i still think he is one of the greatest to ever live and impact hip-hop. The words he spoke were amazing, good beats, just everything was solid. As for the thread there are probably like 10 rappers greater than Pac. Thats my take on it.

makalani
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
plenty rappers better then pac skill-wise. just imagine pac on a posse cut with the likes of nas biggie jay-z, ghostface or some other greats(just for example), and they all spittin straight lyrical shit just rippin it, then this nigga fuck up the song pourin out liqour for his dead homies and shit.

like an above poster said, pac was one dimensional. I never heard a song where he just got off lyrically and got off that deep poetry shit he kick. if you ask me He wasnt that deep, he just talked about death and shit alot, kickin that pseudo-poetry. nas is hip hop's true poet.

Luther Large
05-12-2006, 08:22 PM
aight this forum always has some shit againt 2pac ..

bring ya lists

who u rank higher ??

ill comment on them - that will be some funny shit

GZA

pac is a bigger political figure (which sounds wierd but its true)

but GZA is def the better rapper

Kenny Powers
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
haha, yall fools make me laugh

200 mcs better than pac??? please i could name maybe 10.....you not even lookin at his career, the way he touches people with his records, his diversity, versatility, vocal presence, live performance, industry impact...

on the serious tip, what are u smokin??

^good call, seems like your the voice of reason in every thread.

Claustrofobic
05-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Notorious BIG

touch that

then holla back

bitch

Thai Gear
05-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Jay-Z
Dr.Dre
Eminem

Thai Gear
05-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Biggie Smalls

Luther Large
05-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Jay-Z
Dr.Dre
Eminem

what the fuck? eminem bein better than pac is ridiculous

Eminem is not better than pac niether is dre or jay-z

I like jay-z but he aint better than pac and i aint even a pac fan either

GENERAL WISE
05-12-2006, 09:51 PM
2pac = hip hop's icon

when this hip hop shit is over he will be remeberewd like bob marley for raegge
elvis presely for rock, and etc

zeppelin2k
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
2pac = hip hop's icon

very motherfucking true

personally I think he is better than Biggie, Biggie was ill and all and beat pac in certain aspects of being an mc, and he has a lot of rappers out there who are better mcs but he is definately THE hip hop icon

if you look strictly at mc status, there are plenty better you cant argue that bloody fact he isnt THE GREATEST MC, maybe the greatest rapper, he kind of lost his way in the end but with killuminatti it looked like he was finding it again, unfortunately suge killed him (yeah yeah no one knows) when he wanted to leave death row so we wont know for sure if he was gonna be back on it, but if he was still alive I will bet you people like eminem and 50 cent would be having a hard time and I also bet that wutang members if not the whole clan, would have done some collabos with him, after all like on Masta Killa's album, he said tang was the few east coast people he respected

he aint the best, but he definately has had the biggest impact, go to poor african countries and they will know pac

GENERAL WISE
05-12-2006, 10:47 PM
2pac = hip hop's icon

rep

THE W
05-12-2006, 10:50 PM
so whats the criteria?

soulonice413
05-12-2006, 11:19 PM
i think pac is top 10 dead or alive for sure...thats may be just me, but:
2pacalypse is a very dope album, me against the world, 7 day theory, are both near classics if not classics IMO

plus he has mad collabs and unreleased tracks that are good.

so hes top 10 ever IMO

Longbongcilvaringz
05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
many. there is no point in actually naming anyone because your reply is "he didnt have as many classic/good albums". i thought the question was who was better. obviously they need to have an amount of material but its who is the better mc, not how many classic albums they have. i think pac was dope but there are many who are better.

The Antagonist
05-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Jay-Z
Dr.Dre
Eminem
Holy shit....thats terrible.

trickkillah
05-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Y'all need to quit doing shit like this. It's useless, man.

What I said in an older thread still applies.

It's impossible to tell because we haven't seen all of the MCs ever yet. But on the real, it really is impossible to list this. All MCs have their strengths and their weaknesses. You have to take into consideration the generation that they're from, their home, and their styles. Example: Can you compare Afrika Bambaataa to Method Man? Or better yet: Snoop Doggy Dogg to Ice-T? Phife Dawg to Scarface? Completely different takes. It's all about favorites, not the greatest. Also, regular people will always say Notorious B.I.G. and Pac because of their fame not because of their skills.

That's funny considering pac and E-40 did alot of collabin'. Hell, E-40 did that track "Ain't Hard 2 Find" on All Eyez on Me. Pac always gave the underground love. As far as Pac's fans...well...I got into Hip Hop through 2pac. I was a fan before I knew seriously how much of an icon he was and before I knew he even died. I started really listening to Pac when I was ten or eleven. He's not the greatest but, he's definitely one of my favorites.

And seriously, you guys are just talking about famous MCs. There's tons of cats out there that could most definitely rip any signed rapper. I could name tons of dudes some of you might not even heard of that I consider better.

KBOS
05-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Are you joking or are you retarded?

deadlymelody
05-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Out of sheer respect and recognization, i'll put Tupac in the Top 10. I am not an avid Tupac fan, and I rarely listen to his music. He was very powerful and at times, hypocritical. I respect him a lot though. Off the top of my head, just FAVORITE, and I emphasize favorite MC's, i'm putting quite a few ahead of him.

pussy-with-teeth
05-13-2006, 04:08 AM
roflmao roflmao

ya dudes are fucked up

pac = ya fav rappers fav rapper

every rapper out there would put pac in the top 5...i seen lists by everyone...they all had pac

deck better than pac..big L...kweli...and rza ??? rae ???...gza ??? ya dudes are naming rappers with one hot album...u couldnt even even make a greatest hits by deck...ya dudes bringin some verses ass rappers up..rza a better rapper than 2pac ?? ahhahahahhah ya are fucked up

pac had an impact on hip hop like no other...i dont know about deck or rza havin albums out like me against the world..shit most the rappers yall naming cant even handle a song on their own..rae had 2 classic solo songs..ince. scarfaces and knowlede god....other that that rae cant even make a classic on his own...rza is kinda wack on the mic...bla bla..ya cats are hatin so much yo...most the rappers ya named would knock ya out for talkin this bullshit

dear mama
changes
cali love
uncon. love
me against the world
pain
oldschool
keep ya head up
god bless the dead
so many tears
lifes goes o
i aint mad at cha

etc etc

how many classic songs had pac..on his fuckin own

now get the fuck outta here with them lil kids ya naming...deck has verses..thats it...his albums are gay..he cant do a solo song so how is he better than pac...how u faggots ?? lol iam catching feelings right now..and that goes for all the other lil monkey rappers ya bringin up...

trickkillah
05-13-2006, 04:13 AM
Those teeth are too sharp. Now you're just hating.

pussy-with-teeth
05-13-2006, 04:22 AM
Those teeth are too sharp. Now you're just hating.

u talkin to me ??

how am i hatin

please tell me..them dudes bringin rappers like killah priest and rza up...rza aint even has a flow..dude is talkin ..and he talks off beat..

hip hop greats

2pac
rakim
krs one
nas
BIG
wu tang
public enemy
slick rick
big daddy kane
outkast
jay z
kool g

now wu tang is a group so dont compare them to pac..if u pick one of wu..he aint fuckin with pac, ask him....

bigl was nice but rofl at him been better than pac...same for big pun....dudes had one good album...sorry not even comparebale to pac...big ls first aint no classic sorry....stop bringin rappers up that have done like 15 dope songs...pac was in the studio day and night....son died and they had enough material to make 4 double cds outta that..pac unrea songs are better than most of big l, deck, etc careers...sorry...i aint sayin them albums are classic..they are far from that...but...they have some ill cuts....pac been hip hop fo life..dude has tons of classic shit...

only rapper i can respect for his verses = andre 3000

son has put out hot shit all the way through..he aint a solo rapper just like deck but its something different, still.....andre is some top 10 man...but plz dont come up with rza and all that shit

pussy-with-teeth
05-13-2006, 05:04 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wP02bz7n1Us&search=keep%20ya%20head%20up

another reason why pac is one of the goats

aint many mcs who can do that...pac had someting for the peeople

Funk_Dock
05-13-2006, 05:58 AM
plenty rappers better then pac skill-wise. just imagine pac on a posse cut with the likes of nas biggie jay-z, ghostface or some other greats(just for example), and they all spittin straight lyrical shit just rippin it, then this nigga fuck up the song pourin out liqour for his dead homies and shit.

like an above poster said, pac was one dimensional. I never heard a song where he just got off lyrically and got off that deep poetry shit he kick. if you ask me He wasnt that deep, he just talked about death and shit alot, kickin that pseudo-poetry. nas is hip hop's true poet.

shows how much u kno, pac never focused on bein a lyrical cat he kept it simple but he got his message across. pac is probably the most versatile mc out there get the fuck outta here

Claustrofobic
05-13-2006, 06:23 AM
how many classic songs had pac..on his fuckin own

This remark here just shows how one-dimensional your mind is and the way you are thinking, you, sir, are a very small minded person. You are obviously admiring quantity over quality. Stop looking at the numbers of classic songs or albums and comparing them with other albums / verses or whatever. Like trickkillah said, you can't even compare most of the rappers you are naming with Pac either, total clash of completely different style's and rapping. So lay of the hate and start looking at hiphop as a whole a little more

If you still wanna show how fragile your mind is and how quikly frustated you can get, go ahead and call me names

pussy-with-teeth
05-13-2006, 06:38 AM
This remark here just shows how one-dimensional your mind is and the way you are thinking, you, sir, are a very small minded person. You are obviously admiring quantity over quality. Stop looking at the numbers of classic songs or albums and comparing them with other albums / verses or whatever. Like trickkillah said, you can't even compare most of the rappers you are naming with Pac either, total clash of completely different style's and rapping. So lay of the hate and start looking at hiphop as a whole a little more

If you still wanna show how fragile your mind is and how quikly frustated you can get, go ahead and call me names

rofl

the music u put out = how good u are

decks solos are wack sorry..so hes not on pacs level simple as that

he has some straight verses on wu records but thats not sayin much

a real rapper has to put down songs on his own....sporry

TAURO
05-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Big Pun takes a big shit on 2Pac. Not hatin on Pac cos I do think he was nice but Pun was superior lyriclly, thats the truth.

Funk_Dock
05-13-2006, 08:45 AM
rofl

on point right here

lets take (for example) canibus. rhyme-wise u could compare him to any of the best, but with the bullshit he releases he hasnt proved consistency.

the music you put out = shows how good you are

Longbongcilvaringz
05-13-2006, 09:15 AM
as i said before this thread is pointless because pussy is just talking about classic material not mc talent. pac has a huge catalogue obvious he will have more classic lp's and tracks then other mc's.

THE W
05-13-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah if we go by this guys asinine logic you could say snoop dogg and dre are better lyricists then canibus and method man cuz they have more classic albums. R E D I C U L O U S.

there are many other factors that go into making a classic hiphop album other then having the best lyrics. and making more music doesnt make you a better lyricist either, it just means you've worked harder.

2pac has most definately had a more commercially successful career then anybody that anyone has listed with the exception of maybe jay-z. but as far as spittin the illest dartz, he's not in my top 20.

the logic behind this thread is no logic.

Right.
05-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Black Haze.. Just kidding.

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 10:00 AM
b-realwhat the..

anyway, like Cormega said - Tupac was probably the most well-rounded

you can't be comparing lyricists like Gza to Tupac

how bout this, who is more well-rounded as a rapper than Tupac??

THE W
05-13-2006, 10:11 AM
i'll ask the question again, what is your criteria?

as far as comparing Gza to pac, if we're talkin about just lyrics, why cant you comapre them? they're both lyricists, who has better dartz?

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 10:17 AM
i don't know what the thread starter meant - but i'm talking a rapper who has songs for every mood, songs for every person

i think that's the tougher question

cuz a lot of rappers are better lyricists than Tupac, shit he died in what, '96? lyrics have come a long way - and of course no one is as articulate as Gza - but who's more versatile than Pac??

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd say the answer is Nas. And that's the only answer you could argue.

Jeremy94
05-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I Can name only one rapper better than 2pac, and this nigga is

Makaveli Fo' Sho.

Lol when i see a list with 5 rappers from the Wu, Rza is not a great rapper, his flow is wack as hell, only his lyrics are deep. Ok he is the GOAT at the prod, but he is not a great MC.
I'm a die hard WuTang fan, but i'm realistic.

The 7 Day Theory is the best album ever too.

Word!

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 10:39 AM
double post

Ill Jolson
05-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Since when was the skill of a rapper based on the amount of classic albums he made? fuckin cunt...

Pac's flow wasn't all that either.
Pac is almost as overrated as 50. yeah, I said it!

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah... you said some ignorant shit..

Claustrofobic
05-13-2006, 11:24 AM
rofl

Once again I disagree with you

An MC can be an amazing MC and better than 2pac, yet he can have 2 mediocre albums put out. This MC can improve over time, or he hasnt shown what he's really up to, or the producers could have fucked it up for him. Put lame beats over all of Pac's work and he wouldnt have been recognized like he is now. Give all those beats from All Eyes on Me and let Inspectah Deck flow over these. See whats the outcome.....there's so many other factors that can fuck it up for an amazing MC. We're lookin from the outside in, comparing well known MC's to one another by looking at lyricism, charisma, flow etc. But from the inside out theres so much more to look at you know?

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 11:25 AM
oh my bad - i thought you compared his flow to 50s

ShaDynasty
05-13-2006, 11:32 AM
almost anyone
i enjoy his music and lyrics
but i feel hes overated
hes not one of the greatest rappers of all time
but i cant be bothered to debate it, so ill just say:
Beanie Sigel

Chief 'Broom
05-13-2006, 11:37 AM
beanie sigel doesn't even exist in hip hop as far as making an impact..

plus his movie is wack

The Antagonist
05-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Guy has no criteria...he just asks open ended questions and then asks like theres no arguement.

What MC are you going to dickride next? Its someone new every week with you...You act like your opinions are solid facts, saying Kweli has one hot album and the all of Pacs are hot...Thats just an opinion, and only one part of the arguement at that. If you wanna talk strictly about albums, which is only one aspect of an MC and his career, then sure, you've got a decent arguement that Pac is one of the best, even though I personally find a lot of his albums boring.
But I think a more accurate gauge of MC against MC are his individual tracks. Tell me that Kweli's best, most powerful tracks aren't on par with Pac's best, most powerful tracks.

Pac is a legend and all, but hip-hop keeps progressing. He wasn't so good that he will be untouched by the progress of hip-hop. Obviously few will ever be able to touch his impact on the game, and his legacy, but there are and will be better MCs. Give proper respect.

TAURO
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Im sick of people putting 2pac up on a pedestal just cos he's dead, saying things like he was the best of all time and all that bullshit, especially those that have been listening to Pac the last five years, those people are just victims of mainstream media hype; DO SOME RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF AND STOP ACTING LIKE SHEEP.
Yes Pac was nice, he has a good discography and he had commitment to his artform (all the music that still comes out till this day) but lets be real he doesn't compare lyricly to many mc's that came before and after he was just very popular, he had great mainstream promotion thats it.

And just in case anyone tries to pull me up on what I said before about big pun and think that I may be doing the same let me make this clear big pun was the best latin mc to ever come up, the only person who I think come come close to him Lyricly is sick Jacken of psycho realm and that is based on no hype.

I won't hate on people just cos pac is their favourate mc (everyone is entitled to their opinion) but at least provide a decent explanation otherwise GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

snapple
05-13-2006, 02:34 PM
2pac is over-rated.......i can't believe some of you claim

S.A.S(haaaate meee)
Jakki Da Motamouth
Jay-Z
Killah Priest
Sabac
Rza
Grym Reaper
Busta Rhymes
Inspectah Deck
Cage

none of those dudes are near pac's level...some of you dudes need to actually listen to all of pac's album....newjacks talkin foul like they know....i can't believe how you guys could hate on pac and not see his greatness....i suggest picking up every 2pac album you guys can afford to buy...i think the problem stems from kids not knowing how to define a good and wack rapper, whosever list i copied tell me how the fuck those MCs are near pac

Funk_Dock
05-13-2006, 07:16 PM
you see this is the problem, not every mc needs to be lyrical to be one of the best and until everyone realises that theyre gonna say "tupac was never lyrical, i can name 100 mcs that are better". bullshit. maybe pac wasnt the best lyricist but every other part of his game is tight. recognize

TAURO
05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
you see this is the problem, not every mc needs to be lyrical to be one of the best and until everyone realises that theyre gonna say "tupac was never lyrical, i can name 100 mcs that are better". bullshit. maybe pac wasnt the best lyricist but every other part of his game is tight. recognize

Please explain the rest of his "game" that makes pac one of the best mc's without being all that lyrical, seriously I want to know cos if you can come up with something valid then I will respect it, Im not one of those ignorant pac haters, if you can school me on something I may not know about him then please Im all ears.

snapple
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Please explain the rest of his "game" that makes pac one of the best mc's without being all that lyrical, seriously I want to know cos if you can come up with something valid then I will respect it, Im not one of those ignorant pac haters, if you can school me on something I may not know about him then please Im all ears.

his flow, 2pac had an amazing delivery, the dude rhymed in Dactylic Pentameter....pac was an extremley real and visual MC. content is diverse, dude packs a message. his voice is one of the best too. dude made so many dope dope dope dope albums, manages to always have the best samples. pac can always switch it up and come at you nice with mad styles and always manages to outshine on tracks. just buy all of his albums man and you'll find out foryourself...

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah if we go by this guys asinine logic you could say snoop dogg and dre are better lyricists then canibus and method man cuz they have more classic albums. R E D I C U L O U S.

there are many other factors that go into making a classic hiphop album other then having the best lyrics. and making more music doesnt make you a better lyricist either, it just means you've worked harder.

2pac has most definately had a more commercially successful career then anybody that anyone has listed with the exception of maybe jay-z. but as far as spittin the illest dartz, he's not in my top 20.

the logic behind this thread is no logic.

Yeah leave it to one of the only dudes on this site that knows wtf he's talking about. I totally agree. 2pac is clearly one of the most overated "emcees" ever. I can name over a handfull of emcees that are lyrically superior. Let's see him go against people like Warcloud, Gza or Immortal Tech muahahahaa.

snapple
05-14-2006, 12:51 AM
^^hed prolly rip warcloud cause wc would be too dusted to spit, gza would choke, and ive heard immortal technique freestyle once i couldn't say

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2006, 12:57 AM
LOL... he couldnt even hold Warcloud's mic...Gza would put him to school and Immortal tech would just clean up the pieces..enough said. :)

Dough Snatcher
05-14-2006, 01:09 AM
2pac = hip hop's icon

Of anything 2pac = hip hop's most dick rode emcee.
To answer the Thread Header, damn near everyone he was beefin with was better then him.

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Pac was like the Jimi Hendrix of rap. Was Jimi overrated? No he was a genious an innovator and had a charisma to his personality that was one of a kind like shakur also had..

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2006, 01:11 AM
but what are we talkin bout here? His lyrical skill or entertainer qualities?

Longbongcilvaringz
05-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Guy has no criteria...he just asks open ended questions and then asks like theres no arguement.

What MC are you going to dickride next? Its someone new every week with you...You act like your opinions are solid facts.

haha, truth. ghost, kweli, andre, pac...whos the next GOAT....juelz santana?

the insignificant
05-14-2006, 06:11 AM
i was a pac fan before he died... but in all honesty i tend to look back and think, not bad but not great...

at times here i've said he's overrated, which is disrespectful to an mc who will go down as a major influence in hip hop history...

i personally am not a huge fan and wouldn't include him in a top 20 list, but i can't call him overrated because he has bigger stans than other mc that has ever lived... regardless of how he made an impact, he made one, so he should be considered great...

one point which is hard to ignore in this thread is the 'only have one great album' argument... this is a matter of opinion... using big l (as an example only), it's hard to have 5 great albums if you don't even get a chance to make 5...

pussy-with-teeth
05-14-2006, 07:03 AM
LOL... he couldnt even hold Warcloud's mic...Gza would put him to school and Immortal tech would just clean up the pieces..enough said. :)
#

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrofl

shut your lieng ass up

first of ya dudes get the fuck outta here with that "lyrical" bullshit...pac was just a good writer like gza...gza has better wordplay and vocab..thats not everything..pac had more lyrical message, deepness, truth, subject matter etc

u fuckin cats bringin some shit up..rappers that rap about nothin...gza aint has a meaning in 90% 0f his songs..spittin ill wordplay with no meaning is nothing....pac shittin on that nigga gza...changes, dear mama, i aint mad at cha, me against the world >>>>>>>>>>>>>every shit gza has done lyrically

and fuck warcl. ????? fuck he aint has shit on pac

wu tang fans = always bringin them lyrics shit up while they dont even know what lyrical means...niggas on here thinkin way too 1 dimensional

and pac aint overrated..how he overrated when top rappers like nas, rakim, krs etc all put him in their top 3...tztztztztzt go and ask gza himself...son would told u that he aint fuckin with pac

TAURO
05-14-2006, 07:19 AM
his flow, 2pac had an amazing delivery, the dude rhymed in Dactylic Pentameter....pac was an extremley real and visual MC. content is diverse, dude packs a message. his voice is one of the best too. dude made so many dope dope dope dope albums, manages to always have the best samples. pac can always switch it up and come at you nice with mad styles and always manages to outshine on tracks. just buy all of his albums man and you'll find out foryourself...

I agree that he had a great flow, back in 95 I really liked him, in fact I loved Deathrow artists at that time. But let's not forget that While he was a visual mc he also contradicted himself on many occasions ( I know he's not the only one to do this). He was easily led by Suge which was the begining in my opinion of his down fall, all of pacs albums up until makaveli had quality no doubt and I like him still to this day in movies (underated actor).
Pac had character true but then so did mc hammer, I can see peoples point about pac being a hip hop icon in terms of his overall impact but I don't think we can put him up there with mc's that could also display a message but with complex wordplay, because to me and I think many would agree thats what being an mc is all about, mastering wordplay which is why so many people are bringing up lyrical ability.

On a side note I do own a few pac albums, it's not that I dislike him I just think that as the years went on after his death he almost developed a mythical status which I think should be brought into question.

pussy-with-teeth
05-14-2006, 07:32 AM
the question reminds

pac made in big....not like 50 or them other mainstream punks...pac made it back in the 90s when hip hop wasnt the music nr 1 in the charts, metter fact rap was kinda hated back then by many folks...pac def made it and hes respected by top mcs...u aint get that respect for nothing...pac = pioneer !

WotsGoinDown
05-14-2006, 08:28 AM
the question reminds

pac made in big....not like 50 or them other mainstream punks...pac made it back in the 90s when hip hop wasnt the music nr 1 in the charts, metter fact rap was kinda hated back then by many folks...pac def made it and hes respected by top mcs...u aint get that respect for nothing...pac = pioneer !
Tupac had some of the worst beats i have ever heard , about 4 beats were good , all the rest were shit. And speakin of lyrics GZA would beat tupac , they are like opposite , GZA - underated MC , Tupac - Extremely overated MC.

pussy-with-teeth
05-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Tupac had some of the worst beats i have ever heard , about 4 beats were good , all the rest were shit. And speakin of lyrics GZA would beat tupac , they are like opposite , GZA - underated MC , Tupac - Extremely overated MC.

man

stfu

gza would prob beat pac in some battle rap shit

pac would murk gza in some sirious rap shit....

-Gambino-
05-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Im sick of people putting 2pac up on a pedestal just cos he's dead, saying things like he was the best of all time and all that bullshit, especially those that have been listening to Pac the last five years, those people are just victims of mainstream media hype; DO SOME RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF AND STOP ACTING LIKE SHEEP.

I've been listening to him like 3-4 years now and yes, he still is my favourite rapper although i have done A LOT OF research. I'm just feeling his music. Maybe his lyrics weren't the greatest but look at the other elements like flow, voice etc. They were fuckin great so stfu. Lyrics doesn't mean everything in rap.

And look, almost every great rapper puts Pac on their list. For example Nas. Pac is Nas's favourite rapper but what know? You think Nas don't know shit about rap either and is victim of mainstream media hype? Man, your way of thinking is fucked up.

Damo
05-14-2006, 09:41 AM
I love to watch people argue opinion.

J-Cee
05-14-2006, 09:56 AM
See this is an arguable topic.Yeh tupac Was a great MC but are u saying hes the best lyrical wise?Lyrical wise theres quite a few better mcs.But Being a great rapper isnt just about your lyrics.Tupac Was and will always be one of the most controvercial rappers,and he had a way with words.
So if calling him the best not only because of his lyrical talent but fame,controversy wise and him in a whole,i Would say No One beats 2pac.

ShaolinDarts
05-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Plenty of emcess better than Pac. His flow is no more than average compared to many emcees I could name, his lyrical ability is about average too and his deathrow material mostly focuses on BIG or Thug Life so hardly diverse either. He's like a magician...............he made you believe his illusion and cuz of that he's an icon. He is known for being a character not a great emcee.

And in terms of material showing how good you are, I have heard every one of Pac's cd's and tbh 60% of his material is garbage. People like Em fucked it up for him but still thats his material and its garbage.

GhettoGnom
05-14-2006, 10:58 AM
this will take too long time, so I'm not going to bother...

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
#

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrofl

shut your lieng ass up

first of ya dudes get the fuck outta here with that "lyrical" bullshit...pac was just a good writer like gza...gza has better wordplay and vocab..thats not everything..pac had more lyrical message, deepness, truth, subject matter etc

u fuckin cats bringin some shit up..rappers that rap about nothin...gza aint has a meaning in 90% 0f his songs..spittin ill wordplay with no meaning is nothing....pac shittin on that nigga gza...changes, dear mama, i aint mad at cha, me against the world >>>>>>>>>>>>>every shit gza has done lyrically

and fuck warcl. ????? fuck he aint has shit on pac

wu tang fans = always bringin them lyrics shit up while they dont even know what lyrical means...niggas on here thinkin way too 1 dimensional

and pac aint overrated..how he overrated when top rappers like nas, rakim, krs etc all put him in their top 3...tztztztztzt go and ask gza himself...son would told u that he aint fuckin with pac

Hahahahaha...you mad????? Look at this idiot complaining about lyrical..isnt that what hiphop is about??? You're just a dimwitted human that doesnt now shit about hiphop and force your weak opinions on other people. Just relax and drink your kool aid and let us handle this. Im done with this thread Mr. cunt with teeth. :)

snapple
05-14-2006, 01:28 PM

.....i don't understand how you could like hiphop music and not love soul music aka r&b....he managed to get every classic sample possible.....he has the best basslines on the planet.....i'm speechless hah it doesn't make any sense....

as for gza merking pac? listen gza is in my top7 no doubt, but not a chance, dude couldn't merk hova what makes you think he would be able to take pac? gza has admitted he's not nice with freestyles, and thats a huge part of being a dope MC, the battles the frees.

i guess some feel 2pac and some don't....i'd like to know how old everyone is who is hating on 2pac and where theyre from

THE W
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
He's like a magician...............he made you believe his illusion and cuz of that he's an icon. He is known for being a character not a great emcee.

tru dat,

his popularity and impact came from the thug life image that everyone wanted to protray. his beefs with bad boy and mobb deep, his run ins with the law, getting shot. people latched on to an image.

Funk_Dock
05-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Hahahahaha...you mad????? Look at this idiot complaining about lyrical..isnt that what hiphop is about??? You're just a dimwitted human that doesnt now shit about hiphop and force your weak opinions on other people. Just relax and drink your kool aid and let us handle this. Im done with this thread Mr. cunt with teeth. :)

u said wade knew what he was talkin bout, but u clearly dont...you must have not read any of my posts...hip hop is all about bein a lyricist??? shit man open up your mind and realise theres more to rap then clever wordplay and metaphors...thats all good but not every mc has to have gza's lyrical skill

warcloud...gza... takin on tupac??? jesus...

THE W
05-14-2006, 02:28 PM
i dont think anyone can argue that pac is more popular and has had a bigger impact on the game then almost every MC listed in this thread.

but as far as lyrics, its a totally different story.

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2006, 02:39 PM
u said wade knew what he was talkin bout, but u clearly dont...you must have not read any of my posts...hip hop is all about bein a lyricist??? shit man open up your mind and realise theres more to rap then clever wordplay and metaphors...thats all good but not every mc has to have gza's lyrical skill

warcloud...gza... takin on tupac??? jesus...

Whatever makes you sleep better at night buddy.

Jeremy94
05-14-2006, 05:25 PM
And in terms of material showing how good you are, I have heard every one of Pac's cd's and tbh 60% of his material is garbage. People like Em fucked it up for him but still thats his material and its garbage.

You say Bullshit son, he made 3 classics, Me Against The World, The 7 Day Theory & All Eyez On Me.
Even Gza or any mc from the Wu didn't make it, so don't say nuthin'...

Funk_Dock
05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Whatever makes you sleep better at night buddy.

dont start something you cant finish

TAURO
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
I've been listening to him like 3-4 years now and yes, he still is my favourite rapper although i have done A LOT OF research. I'm just feeling his music. Maybe his lyrics weren't the greatest but look at the other elements like flow, voice etc. They were fuckin great so stfu. Lyrics doesn't mean everything in rap.

And look, almost every great rapper puts Pac on their list. For example Nas. Pac is Nas's favourite rapper but what know? You think Nas don't know shit about rap either and is victim of mainstream media hype? Man, your way of thinking is fucked up.

Little boy read my post again, do you think Nas has been listening to pac for only the last five years?, my statement doesn't apply to him, go back and do more research sheep.

Orion Nebulus
05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
dont start something you cant finish

LOL..I already finished it. Im voicing my opinion...isnt that what this thread is about. You have yours and I have mine. Theres no reason to get upset about it. If you want to continue this lame back and forth thing then you can gibber jabber all you want. Peace!!! :)

Vernakular
05-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Percee P
Tonedeff
Mr. SOS
MR EON
THIRSTEN HOWL
Immortal Technique
C-Rayz Walz

tonedeff blows tupac away in flow and speakin intellectually

HipHophead101
05-14-2006, 09:52 PM
i think krs-one is better than 2pac :)

Frontal Lobotomy
05-14-2006, 09:54 PM
His image was very powerful, maybe no one can have him on that. Lyrically? Well, I don't have all night.

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 12:29 AM
My only point is that Pac is a reason why a lot of hip hop today is what it is, for good or ill. He started the mama song thing (who doesn't have a mama song on their album nowadays?). He took beef songs to another level, made it popular. He made brothers realize that if they have a purple heart, they could have a rap career. I could go on and on, but there's no point.

The album "Me Against The World" was the shit to me considering the era it came out. Who knows where else Pac could have taken his music, he was talking some crazy shit at the end but his career was shortened. He's not my favorite emcee by any means but i give respect where respect's due.

But i see people don't know how to debate in this thread on both sides of the discussion so i'm out.

Bedlam
05-15-2006, 12:33 AM
I really can't comment that much on Tupac. All I can say is that I got Me Against the World about a year ago, listend to it once, and haven't listend to it since. Just really didn't interest me that much, Pac as a whole doesn't really interest me.

chiba
05-15-2006, 02:29 AM
None from Canada that's fasho.

cheap shot}:|

ShaolinDarts
05-15-2006, 04:15 AM
You say Bullshit son, he made 3 classics, Me Against The World, The 7 Day Theory & All Eyez On Me.
Even Gza or any mc from the Wu didn't make it, so don't say nuthin'...

Me Against the World.....................his album from prison

All Eyes on me..................been shot and signed to Suge Knight the devil and to take on east coast big gun Biggie Smalls

7 Day theory......................his release after death

Don't fool yourself if you think they are classics based on material. They are classics cuz they were hyped. While there was outrage in the US that rappers were falsely gloryfying the thug image he actually did it all. He got shot, sent to prison, had a shootout and then died. Its the illsuion son..........don't be fooled. People like him cuz you don't need to learn your ABC as he makes it too obvious. Gza on the other hand teaches ABC.

oldie
05-15-2006, 06:46 AM
umm...Wu-Tang! lol (1stfav group of all time)
Warcloud
Gravediggaz
(a lot of the Killa Beez)
Chali 2na, Stoupe, Akil, Zaakir (spell?) (of Jurassic 5 [2nd fav group of all time)
AOTP (id say Eso & JMT but yeah AOTP covers the lot) [3rd fav of all time]
Big L

(dunno bout better but im not a pac fan but these are ILL mc's!)
Nas
Edan
Eminem (Infinite album & lyrics only [he needed to work on his flow on that album])

Alesco
05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
I could name a fair few, But there is no doubt pac was a true mc.. He never struck me as a fake guy. And he got ma respect for that .. As a black guy, He allways saw past all tha coulour shit. He was a good guy with a verry possitive out look on things (Well more so than not) And his music reflected that.. Rest in peace to a fine brother (He lives on)

Funk_Dock
05-15-2006, 07:22 AM
this thread has gone from being a good argument to becoming a pathetic thread where people are naming who they like more

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
lol at all them dudes bringin up that lyrical bullshit

once again

i aint asked for the best lyricst or someting like that

i asked bout rappers

now ya dudes brining rappers up that dont have dope albums like deck, rza...baahhahahahaha

and to all yall mafucha bringin up gza

tztzztztztzt..gza had one arguable classsic

pac has 2 if not 3

and i terms of lyrical skills...gza may slightly take it but what does that mean if his music is average most the time

pacs flow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza
pacs voice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza

pacs delivery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza

etc etc

pac had everything...can gza do a cali love ??? lol nobody would care if gza drops shit like that....lol at that nigga tryin to tear that in da club beat up ..put that beat to sleep....gza cant do a dear mama

pacs last verse on me agains the world and changes >>>>>>>>>>gzas career when it comes to flow and delivery

lol at pac shittin on everyone back then but they still loved him....lool at cali love pt 2 without gay ass dre..wtf was pac on...u fat motherfucka claimed to be playa but i fucked ya wife....

pac be shittin on tha whole east....

and now stop bringin up them dudes like warcloud or inmortal tech .. them faggots are aight and all that but they dont fuck with legends

pac = one of the most respected rapper among ya fav rappers

iam bumbin that changes shit right now

changes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gzas career

one song alone

-Gambino-
05-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Little boy read my post again, do you think Nas has been listening to pac for only the last five years?, my statement doesn't apply to him, go back and do more research sheep.

So if people who has listened to him like 10+ years and put him on top3 then it's ok? Lol. What's the difference about the years altogether? 10 years, 5 years, 1 year. Who cares how much you've been listening to him. People just likes his music. Ofcourse there are people who listenes to Pac just because of him fame or whatever but there are also many true fans who has done a lot of research but Pac is still their favourite mc.

Anyway my statement is: Pac is hated just because of his fame. If he would not have this big fame then im sure most of you guys would love his music too. Because look at the other dead rappers like Big L, BIG, Big Pun, ODB etc. Pac is the only hated dead rapper but imo in overall he's same good or even better than BIG or Big L or anyone. So look, just don't notice his fame and you'll find that he deserves his place on the top mc's list.

I just can't understand why people are hating on him although he gave so much in hiphop and put his life in it. He did like 70 years work in 25 years. Who else has done 10 albums in this little period? I guess nobody. And that's the cause of his fame too i think. I mean these albums that have released after his death. He just did his work and now he is hated because of it. And if you look at it then you see it's so fucking wrong. Pac even didn't care about the fame too. You hear him saying "fuck the fame" in many songs if you listen to them.

ShaolinDarts
05-15-2006, 08:58 AM
lol at all them dudes bringin up that lyrical bullshit

once again

i aint asked for the best lyricst or someting like that

i asked bout rappers

now ya dudes brining rappers up that dont have dope albums like deck, rza...baahhahahahaha

and to all yall mafucha bringin up gza

tztzztztztzt..gza had one arguable classsic

pac has 2 if not 3

and i terms of lyrical skills...gza may slightly take it but what does that mean if his music is average most the time

pacs flow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza
pacs voice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza

pacs delivery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza

etc etc

pac had everything...can gza do a cali love ??? lol nobody would care if gza drops shit like that....lol at that nigga tryin to tear that in da club beat up ..put that beat to sleep....gza cant do a dear mama

pacs last verse on me agains the world and changes >>>>>>>>>>gzas career when it comes to flow and delivery

lol at pac shittin on everyone back then but they still loved him....lool at cali love pt 2 without gay ass dre..wtf was pac on...u fat motherfucka claimed to be playa but i fucked ya wife....

pac be shittin on tha whole east....

and now stop bringin up them dudes like warcloud or inmortal tech .. them faggots are aight and all that but they dont fuck with legends

pac = one of the most respected rapper among ya fav rappers

iam bumbin that changes shit right now

changes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gzas career

one song alone

So whats this thread about? I said that pac is a great icon but as a rapper whatever way you look at it theres plenty better than him.

And please stop with this [insert random thing I thought of today]>>>>>>>>Gza's career .......which is basically where all your threads eventually end up.

snapple
05-15-2006, 09:06 AM
this thread reeks of hate

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Me Against the World.....................his album from prison

All Eyes on me..................been shot and signed to Suge Knight the devil and to take on east coast big gun Biggie Smalls

7 Day theory......................his release after death

Don't fool yourself if you think they are classics based on material. They are classics cuz they were hyped. While there was outrage in the US that rappers were falsely gloryfying the thug image he actually did it all. He got shot, sent to prison, had a shootout and then died. Its the illsuion son..........don't be fooled. People like him cuz you don't need to learn your ABC as he makes it too obvious. Gza on the other hand teaches ABC.Ahh, here's someone that finally makes a point.

But - that's exactly why people like Tupac's music. It's real. Truthful. Nonfiction.

The same thing goes for hip hop today. People stop liking your Ja-Rule's after they've been exposed, and start liking 50 - cuz he's been shot and goes at rappers on every album. Everyone wants to know their favorite rappers history, credibility, etc.

Blame it all on the game.

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
(It's the people, the fans - not Tupac. It was never a publicity stunt with him - he was the original. Nowadays it's a publicity stunt with the followers.)

TAURO
05-15-2006, 10:02 AM
So if people who has listened to him like 10+ years and put him on top3 then it's ok? Lol. What's the difference about the years altogether? 10 years, 5 years, 1 year. Who cares how much you've been listening to him. People just likes his music. Ofcourse there are people who listenes to Pac just because of him fame or whatever but there are also many true fans who has done a lot of research but Pac is still their favourite mc.

Anyway my statement is: Pac is hated just because of his fame. If he would not have this big fame then im sure most of you guys would love his music too. Because look at the other dead rappers like Big L, BIG, Big Pun, ODB etc. Pac is the only hated dead rapper but imo in overall he's same good or even better than BIG or Big L or anyone. So look, just don't notice his fame and you'll find that he deserves his place on the top mc's list.

I just can't understand why people are hating on him although he gave so much in hiphop and put his life in it. He did like 70 years work in 25 years. Who else has done 10 albums in this little period? I guess nobody. And that's the cause of his fame too i think. I mean these albums that have released after his death. He just did his work and now he is hated because of it. And if you look at it then you see it's so fucking wrong. Pac even didn't care about the fame too. You hear him saying "fuck the fame" in many songs if you listen to them.

Gambino you should have read the post's I did after the one you pulled me up on, then you would see that I was not hating on pac or hating on people that think pac is their favourate. I am a fan of pac myself it's just that after his death people where putting him up there as if he was the greatest thing to ever come to hip hop, I respect peoples opinions and that is what this thread is about, in one of my posts I stated that if you could tell me what made pac so great despite not being a great mc, people responded and to be fair some of their answers were valid but in my opinion to be considered the greatest mc you have to have mastered wordplay and while pac was visual in his lyrics and could flow he just didn't have the complex wordplay associated with other great mc's.

Looking at your age I think it's great that you're into pac and since you are on this site I imagine that you like wu too which is fantastic, but the point I was trying to make was that young people who where too young during the early to mid ninties just got caught up in all the mtv bullshit that keeps coming up about pac without actually knowing the full story and what you said to me about Nas proved my point.

-Gambino-
05-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Alright.
Peace then. :)

TAURO
05-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Ahh, here's someone that finally makes a point.

But - that's exactly why people like Tupac's music. It's real. Truthful. Nonfiction.

The same thing goes for hip hop today. People stop liking your Ja-Rule's after they've been exposed, and start liking 50 - cuz he's been shot and goes at rappers on every album. Everyone wants to know their favorite rappers history, credibility, etc.

Blame it all on the game.

So if you are saying that what made pac the greatest was because he truly lived what he rhymed about then would that mean that a few years down the line 50 would be remembered the same way?

Note:I not trying to be clever.

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I just can't understand why people are hating on him although he gave so much in hiphop and put his life in it. He did like 70 years work in 25 years. Who else has done 10 albums in this little period? I guess nobody. And that's the cause of his fame too i think..

word

pac been in the studio his whole fuckin life..man he died and after that how many albums came out ??? i mean something like 7...rofl !!!7 albums, 4 of them double - all unrealised material...lol lol lol...them albums aint really great - they are fucked up most the times...but there are some classic cuts .... that nigga left the world with more tracks than many rappers will ever do - all unrea...now thats some real shit...makavelli was an ill album no doubt !"!! - to live and die in LA = classic cali anthem...right behind cali love

changes came out after he died too....thats one of my all time fav joints, honestly i dont see many rappers fuckin with that track..lol at pac on to live in die in LA..cali love pt 2, without gay ass dre...cracks me up every time i hear it..

pac = more classic songs than gza, deck, rza, warcloud and all them other lil kids u named multiplied with 10

no joke

i dont know about pac havin a classic album though..he has 2 i can argue about....me against the world was his best..shit is dope...but pac is one of the cats with the most classic songs under his belt...no doubt bout that

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 12:53 PM
So if you are saying that what made pac the greatest was because he truly lived what he rhymed about then would that mean that a few years down the line 50 would be remembered the same way?

Note:I not trying to be clever.No 50 won't be remembered as a legend cuz he only tried to get rich (and did) by following Pac's formula. Pac was an original and that's why he goes down in hip hop history. He wrote the thug blueprint just like Rakim wrote the blueprint on how to be lyrical - and it has carried forth. The fans have been caught up in the image thing ever since Tupac.

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Before Tupac shook shit up in hip hop, everybody just believed what emcees said - they didn't question it.

Polocash7
05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
MCs that are better(imo):

Rakim
KRS-1
Big
Nas
G Rap
Jay
Cube
Kane

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
05-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Jay-Z
Dr.Dre
Eminem

DRE?? i would say that to be better than pac a rapper has to at least write his own rhymes...

Dante
05-16-2006, 10:18 AM
- but who's more versatile than Pac??

Ghostface Killah

Ghost is the most versatile MC of all time IMO

and as far as this thread goes: MC's that are more complete MC's than Pac (stricly based on skill)

Ghostface
Biggie
Nas
Jay-Z
Method Man
Redman
Andre3000
Pharoahe Monch
Eminem (ducks)

Im not counting discography, nor subject matter because thats all subjective.

TAURO
05-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't think this debate will ever reach it's conclusion, everyone is putting up a decent argument and no one seems to be backing down.

Dante
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Also, im begining to wonder if pussy ever tried to get GZA's autograph and got turned down or some shit, cuz he really seems pretty hostile towards him.

rzatugaW
05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
dr.dre....supreme ntm.........................WU-TANG 4EVERRRRRRR AND EVERRR

rzatugaW
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
rza redman method u-godd eminem fuckkkk 2pacccc

Chief 'Broom
05-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Ghostface Killah

Ghost is the most versatile MC of all time IMO

and as far as this thread goes: MC's that are more complete MC's than Pac (stricly based on skill)

Ghostface
Biggie
Nas
Jay-Z
Method Man
Redman
Andre3000
Pharoahe Monch
Eminem (ducks)

Im not counting discography, nor subject matter because thats all subjective.it's all subjective.......................... and i was talking about subject matter............... but i agree with your opinion that many rappers have better qualities than tupac

Chief 'Broom
05-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Here's a nice quote from Cormega on his forum from a thread titled Mega vs. Pac...

"imma have to go with Pac on this one he was just too complete
to be compared to anybody!"

Anyway, i'm not saying that what Mega says goes but he definitely has respect for hip hop, unlike some.

This thread is retarded though - and the reason is cuz of Pussypie's approach i now see. My bad for getting involved in this homoerotic dialogue.