PDA

View Full Version : The Official Boxing Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Prince Rai
08-14-2005, 02:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4150164.stm

sad to see that it took so long to regard Hasim as main fighter to fight Klitschko... that fucker better man up and fight Hasim now...

killabee32
08-14-2005, 03:42 PM
i havent heard anything of hasim for like 4 years

Prince Rai
08-15-2005, 05:34 AM
aii he has been on the low 4 a bit... but now he backk... hope he can build on the loss 2 lennox

Sergio
08-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Yo This weight division sucks. But still will see the fight

Prince Rai
05-12-2006, 07:00 PM
from ali to zab,
discuss all your concerns or delights on upcoming or past fights in here!!

this is because we love boxing and boxing loves us :P

Prince Rai
05-13-2006, 05:43 AM
lol yeah i know!
ill inform the other regular posters about this.
this can be useful as there are many other boxing news and its annoyn to put them in individual threads.

peace

HANZO
05-13-2006, 12:49 PM
hatton vs callazo???
this will be a close fight i wont be surprised at the result whichever way it goes, but i think it will be hatton who stands at the end.

Prince Rai
05-13-2006, 01:29 PM
hatton vs callazo???
this will be a close fight i wont be surprised at the result whichever way it goes, but i think it will be hatton who stands at the end.

yess!
this is a big fight for hatton. he needs to win!
thing is, he is being very confident, and we know what happens to many boxers when they are over confident (zab/baldo).

bbbut having said that, hatton is amazing and is bound to show callazo whos boss.

and, by fighting welter, hatton gives maywetaher no room 2 hide in.
mayweather siad he does not need to fight anybody in light-welter, so he cant say shit about hattons move.

HANZO
05-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Prince Naseem jailed for 15 months i jus read it in the paper. For dangerous driving it seems smashed his mclaren slr to a Volkswagen nearly killed the other guy.
Wat happened to that man, was a good boxer jus not mentally fit enough to take defeat.

Who joe calzaghe fighting next? there doesnt seem to be a contender for him.

Prince Rai
05-13-2006, 02:58 PM
peace, yeah the prince got jailed for 15 months. he crashed his car by tring to show off his slr and apparently broke nearly very bone of the victim in the other car.

its a shame, especially as he was bragging about a come back.. hes really out of it and should stay put.

Prince Rai
05-13-2006, 02:59 PM
2 factors with calzaghe.

1) the money his opponents want
2) what fighter is suited for him, before he can clash with tarver?

RynMur
05-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I heard that he is fighting Peter Manfredo from the contender series. I don't know how true that is but last week on the espn/contender fight they were talking about it too. Tonight is going to be a great fight..I'm guessing Hatton by UD.

HANZO
05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
dont think naseem could make a come back now, in the newspaper the picture of him showed him to be a bit overweight and unfit. it would now atleast take 3 years for him to get back into shape. its over for naseem.

Prince Rai
05-13-2006, 04:51 PM
yeh i remember putting that article up. manfredo and calzaghe was a possibility.

and ur also right about naseem. hes really out of it. if hes serious hed train in prison but i think hed eat himself even more fatter. lol but i wouldnt know what prison food is like :S.

peace Han

HANZO
05-14-2006, 10:55 AM
hatton won!! his impressing even more now. who's next for the hitman??

Prince Rai
05-14-2006, 12:35 PM
yeah it was a good fight overall.
the most toughest yet for hatton, as he admitted, but i think seriously that pbf ought to be next.

but knowing the nature of boxing politics, that wont happen for a bit.

hectis
05-15-2006, 12:41 AM
If Hatton Fights Mayweather I Would Love That I Know Oscar Is Comming Of A Good Win But He Beat B ( Maybe C) Class Fighter And Would Get Killed By Mayweather Or Hatton So I Don't Want To See Any Of Them Fight Him

benzo
05-15-2006, 03:05 PM
What's up ya'll? Anyone else pumped up for Castillo/Corrales 3 yet? I know it's still a ways out but damn...I can only stand so much DLH, PBF, and Hatton talk lol. I thinkin if Oscar does actually fight again that it may be against Hatton. There was a good article about that over at www.maxboxing.com (http://www.maxboxing.com) where they were mentioning that he might be ideal for DLH since Oscar's the naturally bigger giy these days. Add in the footwork, boxing skills, could be competitive. Hell, Mayorga's kind of a poor man's versio of Hatton and... -Peace

benzo
05-16-2006, 02:52 PM
^yeah dude, i think X may have bit of a little more than he can chew this time... how about Juarez/Barrera? i'm a fan of both of em but i'm ready for my Texas boy to grab an upset. i don't like the way MAB has stepped down his competition since hooking up w/ Golden Boy Productions.

hectis
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Yo That Fight Is This Week Right? On Hbo It Should Be Good Maybe The Fight Of The Year Juarez Can Pull Off The Upset If Barrera Is Not Careful

Prince Rai
05-18-2006, 09:44 AM
hmm hopkins tarver should be a good fight.

i think tarver has a chance and so does bhop, but bhop has been in a recent warrr with taylor.. kinda anyway, and who has tarver fought that stretched him?

i might be out of line here but, bhop could do this..

Prince Rai
05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
winky/taylor is a hell of a fight also!
the winner should fight felix, the german middleweight... he deserves a chance

The Hound
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
just to keep the boxing spirit alive,just over 24 hours ago, the biggest paid boxing fight in australian history occured, i was at the local club and watched it. to put it in perspective for non australians, this fight has been hyped for 4 years. a loud mouth who wants to be a 50cent/muhammad ali former rugby league player who could never make it and has fought 25 odd fights, with the majority of fighters over 35, including a title defense against a 40 year japanese dude, anthony mundine vs the typical aussie bloke who got fuckin jiffed against markus beyer, danny green. mundine was always gonna win, hes too fit, green is an out and out slugger, plus when green first challenged him all those years ago, green was in his prime and mundine knew hed get smashed, they hyped this fight for 4 years and got over $5m for it!! it was, at best, 6.5/10 for me.

heres the report

Round one
Danny Green started the more aggressive and controlled the tempo of the opening stanza, landing the first telling blows. Both fighters were warned by referee Terry O'Connor for holding, and when the action resumed Green continued to out-work Anthony Mundine, who was content to soak up the early assault and counter off the ropes.

Round two
The fighters resumed their pattern but Mundine was more active, throwing more punches off the ropes. Mundine managed to avoid Green's right hand and landed some shots of his own.

Round three
Mundine started to look more comfortable. Green landed a right hand but Mundine seized the initiative by responding as he pinned Green on the ropes. Green started going to Mundine's body, sailing dangerously close to slipping below the belt.

Mundine's jab was starting to find its range and his confidence continued to grow, at one point he cheekily poked his tongue out at his opponent. Green charged Mundine on the ropes and caught a right hand for his effort.

Round four
Mundine's jab was regularly finding its range as Green continued his tactic of going to the body. Mundine landed the heaviest blow of the round when he threw a combination, the left uppercut wide of the mark but the right hand catching Green as he avoided the first shot. Green was beginning to bleed from the nose and swell around the eyes.

Round five
The former rugby league star opened with a sharp right hand and finished the same way, catching Green with a straight right, which stopped the West Australian in his tracks. Mundine's jab continued to tag Green, whose work rate lagged.

Round six
Started slowly but finished with the best exchange of the fight as both traded punches on the ropes. Green started the round outworking Mundine before being caught with a heavy body shot and a sharp right hand that appeared to stagger him.

Mundine landed the bigger punches in the latter stages of the round and again Green looked shaken.

Round seven
Another round in which Mundine dictated the pace and tempo. Mundine opened the round with another right hand, Green rallied but was unable to find a way through his opponent's defence. O'Connor was forced to stop the action midway through when Mundine lost his footing on the slippery canvas.
When action resumed, Green trapped Mundine in the corner and forced him out of the ring by leaning on him. O'Connor cleaned Mundine's gloves. Green then landed his best shot of the fight, a right hand.

Round eight
Mundine started like he meant business, combining a sharp left uppercut with a right hand that had Green on the back foot. Mundine's jab sent sweat flying off Green's head and his looping rights were beginning to find their way around Green's defence.

Round nine
Green started looking for one big shot but it was Mundine who controlled the round with his right hand continuing to find its range. Green landed the occasional heavy punch to Mundine's body but Mundine threw more punches.

O'Connor was forced to warn Green for a low blow towards the end of the round.

Round 10
Mundine continued to make Green pay for his missed shots, and the man with the mohawk was starting to look fatigued. Green was on the receiving end of several heavy rights. Towards the end of the round Mundine raised the ire of the crowd by throwing a pair of punches at Green as O'Connor separated the fighters.

Round 11
Green needed a knockout but Mundine clearly had his measure. Mundine followed an uppercut with a smart left hand as Green continued to show signs of fatigue. Green managed to catch Mundine with a right hand as the latter moved along the ropes. But Mundine was in control and his right hand found a home on Green's chin. Mundine landed a massive right hand on the bell.

Round 12
Mundine finished the fight as he started it - in total control. He threatened to finish the contest with a knockout when he stunned Green with a vicious combination - an uppercut and a straight right - early in the round. Green was looking for one punch to end it but he was constantly beaten to the punch. Mundine continued to clown, and he poked his tongue out at the crowd. As the bell rang, the pair embraced.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19175455-23218,00.html

benzo
05-18-2006, 03:50 PM
hmm hopkins tarver should be a good fight.

i think tarver has a chance and so does bhop, but bhop has been in a recent warrr with taylor.. kinda anyway, and who has tarver fought that stretched him?

i might be out of line here but, bhop could do this..

You KNOW I respect your opinion, but are you being serious calling Hopkins/Taylor a war? That was the biggest joke fight ever. You can't go to war when you're afraid to throw punches for fear of retaliation. B-hop and Taylor both stunk out the joint, man...

Prince Rai
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
You KNOW I respect your opinion, but are you being serious calling Hopkins/Taylor a war? That was the biggest joke fight ever. You can't go to war when you're afraid to throw punches for fear of retaliation. B-hop and Taylor both stunk out the joint, man...

true benzo true.

im kinda stepping back there.

i was just trying to emphasise dat, hopkins has better fights... im not downlooking at any tarver fights but hopkins either way can get this decison.

HANZO
05-22-2006, 12:38 PM
who watched barrera - juarez fight. I only watched it from the 7th round, from what i saw i rated jaurez to win. They announced a draw but they got it wrong and barrera was the winner. a very good fight.

benzo
05-24-2006, 04:08 PM
^word. I'd like to see it again for sure. With Barrera becoming more "touchable", yet still willing to throw down, he's gonna make some some great fights on his way out. I think Juarez would be a good face for boxing in the future, he put up a hell of a fight. -L8 ya'll

benzo
05-26-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah but you gotta put up a pic of Tarver's goofy Hollywood ass if he wins! fuck it, just put up a pic of DLH cliching his liver...

F U C K Y O U
05-26-2006, 01:01 PM
My dad boxed too.

Prince Rai
05-27-2006, 04:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5018216.stm

benzo
05-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Tarver stars in the sixth Rocky movie, due out in December in the US, as the opponent in Rocky Balboa's latest ring return. "The sky is the limit with that," he said. "But it's kind of sad I have to go out of boxing to another arena to get the popularity and love."

HAHAHA!!! Does this dude ever stop jerking himself off? Damn, Nard needs to step up and break his jaw. Tarver is a jooooooke, man. Peace Prince...

hectis
05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Tarver Aint No Joke

HANZO
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Tarver stars in the sixth Rocky movie, due out in December in the US, as the opponent in Rocky Balboa's latest ring return. "The sky is the limit with that," he said. "But it's kind of sad I have to go out of boxing to another arena to get the popularity and love."

HAHAHA!!! Does this dude ever stop jerking himself off? Damn, Nard needs to step up and break his jaw. Tarver is a jooooooke, man. Peace Prince...

rocky will beat the crap out of tarver!!!!

Prince Rai
05-30-2006, 02:11 PM

lol i know.

i watchd a clip of tarver and hopkins being interviewed, not in the same place, and tarver was all complaining how he isnt portrayed in the fight posters properly etc etc, he cries a lot i must admit..

serioulsy the fight will put a lot of things into perspective for both fighters.

Prince Rai
05-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Tarver Aint No Joke

at the end of the day he will need to perform, thats true.. and as HAN just mentioned.. BHOP will be all out strong..

this is going to be an interesting fight. should go quite a distance..

Prince Rai
05-30-2006, 02:14 PM
btw check this out..

CALZAGHE V GLEN JOHNSON? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4932648.stm

Calzaghe's win over Jeff Lacy did not impress me

Glen Johnson

^a bit weak me thinks

benzo
05-30-2006, 02:41 PM
I always liked "The Road Warrior". This should be a badass fight, both dudes are march forward-type fighters. Joe's probably the better skilled but Johnson's heart is there, man. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of Calzaghe mentioning Jeff Lacy at EVERY opporotunity he gets. Shit, we know already..you waxed that ass lol!

RynMur
06-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Bun B to open for Hopkins.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5728

Prince Rai
06-01-2006, 01:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4932648.stm

its a fucking shame!!

calzaghe cant fight in july cos of.... predictable.... hand injury!

100pr00f
06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
any good fights comming up

benzo
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
oh damn, b-Hop. not shittin on Nard or anything, but what these two guys do in ring to each other makes B-Hop and Taylor look like they were slow dancing. do NOT miss this fight. i promise it will be one of the most brutal wars ever, no shit. ...and i say Castillio waxes him again. DO NOT miss this fight ya'll!!! Castillo is the only person that ever gave PBF mad problems. PBF was lucky to squeak out a decision in their first fight.

benzo
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
^i wasn't suggesting you weren't up on these cats, it's just that every fan like yourself deserves to see their first war. you caught Morales/Barrera 1 and 2, right? that's the kinda action i'm talkin, only better. i'm pissed as hell that Castillo once again fucked off his golden opporotunity tonight. absolutely no excuse to do that to the fans who paid mad cash to fly out there, etc. he should be ashamed and i'm no longer a fan of his at all. and here i was trying to hype ya'll for this fight... dayyumm. fuck it, when the Mavs wax off the Suns tonight all will be well again lol. Peace B-Hops

Prince Rai
06-03-2006, 04:29 PM
^i wasn't suggesting you weren't up on these cats, it's just that every fan like yourself deserves to see their first war. you caught Morales/Barrera 1 and 2, right? that's the kinda action i'm talkin, only better. i'm pissed as hell that Castillo once again fucked off his golden opporotunity tonight. absolutely no excuse to do that to the fans who paid mad cash to fly out there, etc. he should be ashamed and i'm no longer a fan of his at all. and here i was trying to hype ya'll for this fight... dayyumm. fuck it, when the Mavs wax off the Suns tonight all will be well again lol. Peace B-Hops

dats true brav!!

second timeee missing weight is shameful and shows no discipline.
i kinda sympathise with corales and would hope that he can in the future find an opponent who will stick to the conditions of the fight.

hectis
06-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah That Pissed Me Off There Should Be A Fine When A Boxer Dose Not Make Weight If There Already Is Not One

benzo
06-04-2006, 11:12 AM
oh he's been fined. He would have been fined MUCH more if the fight did go down at that craxy weight so he just said "fuck it" you're telling me a boxer cannot lose more than 1/2 pound in 4 hours??? i heard that Showtime has already promised Chico a date in August or September. No opponent has been named yet, though.

benzo
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
^Oh God Ajamu, please stop the madness for us!!!

Prince Rai
06-06-2006, 05:25 AM
its quite sad for a guy like rjj to say that, let alone fight a guy like that.

this fight is not for boxing as much as it for financial gain.

RynMur
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Yea, Jones says that but will he do it? If a high priced fight comes up, I'm sure he'll go against his word. His upcoming fight with Ajamu is on PPV too? wow

RynMur
06-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Bernard's nephew Demetrius Hopkins (23-0) is fighting against Michael Warrick tonight on ESPN2 (9ET) alongside Contender's Ishe Smith. Not bad for a Wednesday night fight.

Prince Rai
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Demetrius Hopkins, Philadelphia, stopped Michael Warrick, Landover, Md., 9, junior welterweights; Ishe Smith, Las Vegas, outpointed Patrick Thompson, Chicago, 10, junior middleweights

did u watch the fights ryan?

benzo
06-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Bernard's nephew Demetrius Hopkins (23-0) is fighting against Michael Warrick tonight on ESPN2 (9ET) alongside Contender's Ishe Smith. Not bad for a Wednesday night fight.

Damn, I always miss those!!! Thanks for the info, though. Keep posting up these fights on ESPN, FOX Sports, etc. It's too easy to forget about em lol. I've seen Hopkins before, dude has potential if he's not pushed too fast. Peace-

RynMur
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Yea I watched the fights. The Ishe fight was one-sided, he had control for all except one round and was complaining to the ref in the 10th that he should've stopped the fight. The Hopkins-Warrick fight was pretty even until Hopkins laid him out. Alot of people are saying that his knockout may go up for knockout of the year. Warrick didn't get consciousness until about 15 seconds after he hit the floor.

hectis
06-08-2006, 04:37 PM
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Demetrius Hopkins, Philadelphia, stopped Michael Warrick, Landover, Md., 9, junior welterweights; Ishe Smith, Las Vegas, outpointed Patrick Thompson, Chicago, 10, junior middleweights

did u watch the fights ryan?

WOW WARRICK GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

Prince Rai
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
WOW WARRICK GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

shitt serious??

ill tube itt or sumin 2 see dat!

peace ryan and hectis

hectis
06-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Hopkins vs Tarver 2nite! Tarver is the fav in this one being 5-1. Hope Hopkins wins though, but I doubt he will.......also the bet is on, if Hopkins loses, my name and sig disappear (well atleast the sig portion, my name will have to stay until 36 comes back)

NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING B-HOP ENDS HIS CAREER ON TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY B-HOP IS MY FAV BOXER IT IS GOOD TO SEE HE DID NOT END IT WITH A LOSE AS FAR AS TARVER MOVE UP TO HEAVY

Bedlam
06-10-2006, 11:36 PM
yay, fuck that faggot Tarver, corniest dude i've seen in a whiiiiiiiile. fuck him. Good for hopkins

RynMur
06-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Great fight for Hopkins to go out a boxing legend. He took care of his reputation last night. So I was wondering did anyone order the Cotto fight last night instead???

Prince Rai
06-11-2006, 01:30 PM
hehe, Cotto victory was an anticipated win imo!

as for bhop, all eyes on that legend! i havent watchd it, but sure will have a look.

im glad he won, heard he was clearly the better fighter. i would have thought tarver would be more of a resistance considering bhops age, but nope!
class act i assume, and although bhop should settle with a retirement now and sorta follow dela hoya with promoting fights etc, over here in britain there is a rumour bhop may do a couiple more fights before he retires.

who should he fight? he isnt necessarily in financial chaos either..
its just a legend enjoying his business

peacee

MaShPG
06-11-2006, 03:40 PM
anybody got a link to this B-Hop (no canadian-o) fight?

Prince Rai
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
^ I dunno if he will, when he was interviewd b4 the fight, he stated regardless of the outcome win or lose, he "will" retire as a boxer, sportsman and athelete, and thats a direct quote. But then again, atheletes never follow through on their word the majority of the time, great fight though......I'll be happy if he continues a few more fights though, but I hope he is satisfied retiring on top, thats how I'd wanna go out too.

i agree with that 100%

peace bhop!

hectis
06-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Tarver Aint No Joke

B-HOP MADE HIM LOOK LIKE ONE

benzo
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I been telling ya'll...............Tarver is a FUCKING JOKE!!! He finally fought someone with skill to go with their older age (aka RJJ) and got exposed like the loud-mouth bitch that he is. Executioner showed all these modern day chump champs what a belt really means. Peace-

And B-HOP- That's gotta be like your birthday or something, man!! I thought about your bet when I saw the results of the fight lol.

RynMur
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr. on this chat right now....
http://boxingtalk.com/pag/chat.php#CHAT

RynMur
06-12-2006, 08:29 PM
No, he just left... he showed up 40 mins late so you prob could've caught him. He only answered about 15 questions. He had "no comment" about his father's remarks. Said he won't fight Pacman cuz he's too small but he still admires him as a fighter. "Didn't watch Hatto-Collazo fight, but from the pictures it looked like Hatton was jumped by four guys." Said he wants to fight the best and his team (replies best team in boxing) does the decision making to give him the best fight. Don't remember all the remarks about Hopkins-Tarver fight, but he was giving Hopkins props. Also said he flipped back in forth between Cotto and Hopkins fight.

IMO I say Jermaine Taylor by SD. Another reason b/c I already have money on this fight.

R.I.P. to Mike Quarry

hectis
06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
So Who Is Going To Fight For The Light Heavyweight Title Since Ex Is Ending His Career?

Im Going With Taylor Over Winky

Prince Rai
06-13-2006, 06:23 AM
taylor or winky??

hmm, both are good but i have a feeling taylor could win it, but it will be clooose!

benzo
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Winky's done this shit for a minute now. I think his experience, jab, and sheer will can earn him the D. Taylor's still got to to prove to me that he's no fluke cha(U)mp.

Prince Rai
06-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Winky's done this shit for a minute now. I think his experience, jab, and sheer will can earn him the D. Taylor's still got to to prove to me that he's no fluke cha(U)mp.

i get ur point.

many argued that taylor still did not prove himself against bhop entirely.
and yeh winky is definitely superb.
his jab and amazingg defence will tire taylor out.. for taylor it will be a war of attrition.. and how will winky do against taylor..

its gon be the best middleweight fight of the year without a doubt, or at least without doubt, the most importnat.

"Masta-Mind"
06-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Salaam bruv. thanks 4 telling me abt this thread. I made the same thread wid da same name a while bak b4 WTC got shut down believe it or not. it wasnt made into a sticky tho. this should clean things up nicely.

After the Tarver/Bhop fight theres only one on my mind right now.

Danny williams v Matt skelton rematch

I agree da first fight was close and i can understand y it was a split decision but ppl were saying da skelton should have got it. I recon that they just just die hard skelton fans who r clearly bias. I mean, i knw skelton was bringin the head all the way through and fighting like it was a street fight. but, anyway who knows anything about williams knows that he has rounds where he does practicly nothing and just searches for 1 sick power shot, its very risky but thats his tactic so it aint like skelton put him in a possission where he couldnt fight back much. In the 12th round williams had a little flury going where he caught matt wid mad shots and then he slipped, I dnt knw if any1 saw this but matts legs were like spagheti, its a staight fact that matt woulda got his ass KO'd.

And now that he has expirienced how skelton fights he's more prepared 4 the take down.

Who do u think will take it? and is the british heavyweight title up 4 grabs or is it just danny's commonwealth belt?

Da Problem Child
06-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Yo dawg did B-Hop and Tarver fight yet bo??

hectis
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Nope There Fight Is In 100 Weeks Next Week Is Tyson Vs Holyfield 2

NAH JUST PLAYIN B-HOP BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF TARVER I THINK IT WUZ LIKE 120-109 ON ALL THE SCORE CARDS

Da Problem Child
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
^^^^ awwwwwwwwww man

I can't believe i fucken miss that shit man.DAMN!!!

i cant wait until they play it again.

hectis
06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
It Will Be On Hbo This Week Before The Taylor Vs Wright Fight

restless_438
06-15-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah, i'm headed to the Wright-Taylor fight in Memphis... should be crazy i got Wright by decision

benzo
06-16-2006, 11:59 AM
^word. enjoy the fight, man. i was going to go too until i saw that the tickets were TWICE as much as the tickets for Castillo/Coralles that i bought. winky by decision all the way...

RynMur
06-18-2006, 01:21 AM
The fight was really good until the 12th round were BOTH of them didn't fight. I had the match 115-114 for Taylor (12th Round 10-10, neither of them proved to win that round). Winky though doesn't want a rematch...I can't see why. It wasn't like he dominated the fight and their next fight could've been at a neutral site (Vegas, Atlantic City) rather than Memphis which didn't even sell out.

hectis
06-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Hell Of A Fight It Could Have Gone Either Way It Sucks Cuz Now If There Is A Rematch It Will Be On Ppv For Like $100 And I Bet It Won't Be As Good As The First

Prince Rai
06-18-2006, 12:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5087084.stm

ah man, this is not what was needed.

we needed a winner, a rematch has to be done, we need a "real" undisputed middleweight champ.

heard winky was really upset with the decison? (not that im surprised but..)

hectis
06-18-2006, 09:19 PM

we needed a winner, a rematch has to be done, we need a "real" undisputed middleweight champ.

I DON'T KNOW WHY HE WUZ SO MAD FOR IT WUZ NOT LIKE YOU CAN SAY THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CLEAR CUT WINNER I MYSELF HAD IT A DRAW AND YO WINKY MAYBE IF U DID NOT TAKE THE 12TH ROUND OFF U WOULD HAVE WON

benzo
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
It's like he'd never seen DLH vs. Trinidad!!! Winky gave away what I thought was a close decision victory for him. It was a pretty decent fight overall but NOTHING has changed. Winky is a difficult, defensive fighter for anyone to face who picks his punches and doesn't throw much. Taylor has still proved jackshit because as far as I'm concerned, he's coming off 3 STRAIGHT CONTROVERSIAL decisions with not one dominate performance yet. Fuck a rematch....these dude's styles will make for the same shit every time. Peace-

Da Problem Child
06-20-2006, 10:14 AM
If Winky and Taylor have a rematch it prolly won't be as good as the last fight.I don't know what the fuck Winky was doing the last round.Winky was winning why didn't he attack Taylor the 12th round

hectis
06-21-2006, 12:02 AM
If Winky and Taylor have a rematch it prolly won't be as good as the last fight.I don't know what the fuck Winky was doing the last round.Winky was winning why didn't he attack Taylor the 12th round

MAYBE HE THOUGHT HE HAD THE FIGHT IN HAND BUT IN A FIGHT THAT CLOSE U CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE

Prince Rai
06-22-2006, 03:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5104356.stm

delahoya saying hed only retire after fighting pretty boy..
of course he would.. hmm

apparently the fight would generate him $40mill???

Prince Rai
06-22-2006, 03:04 AM
And de la Hoya admitted: "I realise Mayweather can beat me, but I still feel this body has some gas left in it."

lol, he knows hed get whupped, but for 40million? sure

Prince Rai
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Salaam bruv. thanks 4 telling me abt this thread. I made the same thread wid da same name a while bak b4 WTC got shut down believe it or not. it wasnt made into a sticky tho. this should clean things up nicely.

After the Tarver/Bhop fight theres only one on my mind right now.

Danny williams v Matt skelton rematch

I agree da first fight was close and i can understand y it was a split decision but ppl were saying da skelton should have got it. I recon that they just just die hard skelton fans who r clearly bias. I mean, i knw skelton was bringin the head all the way through and fighting like it was a street fight. but, anyway who knows anything about williams knows that he has rounds where he does practicly nothing and just searches for 1 sick power shot, its very risky but thats his tactic so it aint like skelton put him in a possission where he couldnt fight back much. In the 12th round williams had a little flury going where he caught matt wid mad shots and then he slipped, I dnt knw if any1 saw this but matts legs were like spagheti, its a staight fact that matt woulda got his ass KO'd.

And now that he has expirienced how skelton fights he's more prepared 4 the take down.

Who do u think will take it? and is the british heavyweight title up 4 grabs or is it just danny's commonwealth belt?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5105892.stm

i doubt its for domestic titles bro, this is the eliminator, for the world title.

peace

hectis
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
And de la Hoya admitted: "I realise Mayweather can beat me, but I still feel this body has some gas left in it."

lol, he knows hed get whupped, but for 40million? sure

MAYWEATHER WOULD KILL DE LA HOYA

benzo
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this as a long time DLH hater but... DLH has more experience, more pride, more balls, and most importantly- a much better chin. I would love to see how PBF would stand up to the shots that Oscar's eaten from Tito and Vargas. There's a damn good reason why Floyd is SCARED TO DEATH to fight Margarito- dude's got a suspect chin. If Oscar lands his hook clean, Mayweather's night could get fucked up real quick. PBF would most likely school him but I think DLH would survive and wouldn't get punked out. Remember, DLH has a will like Arturo Gatti but with tons of skills to go with it. Damn, am I a DLH hater? hahaha

Prince Rai
06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this as a long time DLH hater but... DLH has more experience, more pride, more balls, and most importantly- a much better chin. I would love to see how PBF would stand up to the shots that Oscar's eaten from Tito and Vargas. There's a damn good reason why Floyd is SCARED TO DEATH to fight Margarito- dude's got a suspect chin. If Oscar lands his hook clean, Mayweather's night could get fucked up real quick. PBF would most likely school him but I think DLH would survive and wouldn't get punked out. Remember, DLH has a will like Arturo Gatti but with tons of skills to go with it. Damn, am I a DLH hater? hahaha

well considering you have defended PBF on many occasions i dont know where the defensive stance for dlh came from:P

hmm, not to discredit DLH, he has skill and much experience. he has fought many good boxers.
and with a heart like gatti, those attributes would help him against a skilled warrior like mayweather.

i still have my bet on PBF, but i would agree that mayybe just maybee DLH could trouble PBF like Castillo

"Masta-Mind"
06-26-2006, 07:53 AM

Your damm right that wasnt needed

hectis
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Yo Wuz There Boxing On Last Sat On Hbo And If There Wuz Who Wuz It And Who Won And Wuz It A Good Fight?

Prince Rai
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Yo Wuz There Boxing On Last Sat On Hbo And If There Wuz Who Wuz It And Who Won And Wuz It A Good Fight?

not sure bro,

benzo suggested this great site, www.maxboxing.com, perhaps its there! peace

benzo
06-29-2006, 03:18 PM
yeah man, Calvin Brock faught in a heavyweight match. it was a total non-fight from what i've heard. joel julio also lost a decision to quintana. AND dominic guinn got owned lastnight on ESPN. so much for our future heavyweight contenders. peace-

Prince Rai
07-02-2006, 06:10 AM
yeah man, Calvin Brock faught in a heavyweight match. it was a total non-fight from what i've heard. joel julio also lost a decision to quintana. AND dominic guinn got owned lastnight on ESPN. so much for our future heavyweight contenders. peace-

dominic guinn like britains audley harrison, were the fake futures of boxing.

benzo
07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
dude, did you hear that James Toney is fighting Samuel Peter?! that should be a crazy match-up. damn, i hope Toney comes in shape this time. he's gotten the golden ticket(s) before but he fucked it off by coming in heavy. come on "Lights Out"! peace Princerai-

hectis
07-03-2006, 08:59 PM
When Is The Fight?

hectis
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I Think Baldomir Will Win The Fight And Holyfield's Brain Is Fucked Up He Really Should Not Be Boxing I Hope He Dose Not Die In The Ring

Prince Rai
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I Think Baldomir Will Win The Fight And Holyfield's Brain Is Fucked Up He Really Should Not Be Boxing I Hope He Dose Not Die In The Ring

LOL, holyfield is simply chasing cash..not glory..

as for baldomir v gatti... thing is gatti is amazing but baldomir is better and should win.. i have a feeling this fight could become a fight of the year contender definitely!

imo

Prince Rai
07-05-2006, 02:00 PM
dude, did you hear that James Toney is fighting Samuel Peter?! that should be a crazy match-up. damn, i hope Toney comes in shape this time. he's gotten the golden ticket(s) before but he fucked it off by coming in heavy. come on "Lights Out"! peace Princerai-

peace benzo,

its about time james shapes up and disproves his critics who have all the rights to call him shit considering his current performance.
samuel peter is good, but has a lot to learn, a lott, james should win owing to his experience!!
def looking forward to this

benzo
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
The Holyfield fight is gonna be 30 minutes from me but I'm not going. I seriously do believe that he is asking for a tragic ending to his career and his life. When the Nevada State Athletic Commission won't let you fight, you shouldn't be fighting- straight up.

RynMur
07-08-2006, 03:41 AM
What's up guys. My computer crashed a few weeks ago. Anything new besides the Holyfield fight?

benzo
07-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Sup man? I don't think there's anything else big on the horizon that wasn't mentioned. Vargas/Mosley 2 this weekend.

hectis
07-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Spinxs Won The Ibf Jr Middel Weight Title

RynMur
07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Yea, Mosley/Vargas should end up being a good fight. I prob won't be able to see it but I hope Mosley beats that ass. Vargas is all cocky in the the commercial like he won the last fight.

benzo
07-11-2006, 10:18 AM
^typical Vargas shit. i think he might get the W this time, though.

HANZO
07-11-2006, 03:42 PM
did i miss something, holyfield making a comeback??? why, the guy watches rocky films too much. i know the heavyweight division at the moment is a bit down but holyfield doesnt stand a chance. who's he gonna fight??

VernakuLa
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
did i miss something, holyfield making a comeback??? why, the guy watches rocky films too much. i know the heavyweight division at the moment is a bit down but holyfield doesnt stand a chance. who's he gonna fight??

he prolly gonna be fightin a no name heavy weight, and get beaten down

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CHRIS BYRD??!?!?!?!

HANZO
07-11-2006, 05:51 PM
the heavyweight division is lost, going no were its now full of very big fighters from the former soviet countries. chris byrd i think he lost his ibf title and slipped down the rankings, im not sure as not much goes on in the heavyweight division so its all quiet reason why we dont know anything. the dissapointing thing is that there seems to be no new talent appearing, what happened to the guy who knocked out tyson last time, the guy dissapeared. audley harrison turned out to be a faggot.

"Masta-Mind"
07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
^^
Whats going on cuz, i see ur from norf 2. where abouts?

Anyway ''the guy who knocked out tyson'' didnt dissapear. His name is Danny williams, after the ko defeat of tyson in 2004 he had like 6 fights i think. anyway the biggest of them was his defeat to vitali K a few months later. then bak in feb he fought matt skelton the british champ and won by a margin on points, 2 fights b4 dat he also beat audly harrison in a split decision and despite danny being my fav boxer it was a shit fight.

Sadly my boy lost to skelton in their rematch last saturday.

"Masta-Mind"
07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
WHAT ON EARTH was Danny williams thinking? Even i could have told him of the tactics skelton was goin to employ in their rematch. Every1 knows williams can knock skelton out so therefore why would skelton give him the chance to by fighting close range.

I cant believe he didnt pick up on that and loose weight so as 2 be able to chase him down and knock him down. instead the man put on weight and fought at his heavyst yet while skelton lost weight and came in wid made fitness and stamina. It was awful. danny did not look good. I felt like and still feel like catching the 63 bus and going to pay him a lil visit to see wat planet he was on when he was training

hectis
07-15-2006, 08:52 PM
I Think Mosley Will Win Again Maybe A 10th Round Tko And I Don't Want To See Roy Jones Jr Lose Too He Wuz And Still Is One Of My Favorite Boxers

MaShPG
07-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Antonio Tarver is gonna play the guy Rocky Balboa is fighting in the new Rocky movie. I bet he'll get beat (again)

"Masta-Mind"
07-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Apartly danny williams put more weight on becuase of a new supplament he was taking during training. he foud his weight gaining and when u tried to loose some he felt weak and so had 2 keep the weight.
Its lil shit like this that hold him back.

RynMur
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Been gone for a min, but did Vargas have to eat up his words or what. I was suprised that he wasn't making up excuses like he normally does. Shane threw a perfect left hook that floored Vargas. I was laughing at Shane cuz he said he was feeling like Oscar.

Anyone watching the new series of Contender? It started last night on ESPN. It's not the best fighters of welterweight (even worse than last years middleweights), but it can entertaining. Last night there was some RJJ impersonator who got knockdown and there still was a MD. If they had a way of showing the complete fight, it would be better. Another way to make it better is not to hype up Sergio, Alfonso & Peter from season 1. Making the Contender final four on shady scorecards doesn't mean your going to be a boxing legend.

Chris Byrd fought against Wladimir Klitschko a few months ago. Klitschko TKO'd him in the 7th round.

"Masta-Mind"
07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Where can i watch fights on the net? frankwarren.tv isnt all that coz i gotta be a member 2 watch fights.

and membership costs doe.

HANZO
07-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Anyone watching the new series of Contender? It started last night on ESPN. It's not the best fighters of welterweight (even worse than last years middleweights), but it can entertaining. Last night there was some RJJ impersonator who got knockdown and there still was a MD. If they had a way of showing the complete fight, it would be better. Another way to make it better is not to hype up Sergio, Alfonso & Peter from season 1. Making the Contender final four on shady scorecards doesn't mean your going to be a boxing legend.

Chris Byrd fought against Wladimir Klitschko a few months ago. Klitschko TKO'd him in the 7th round.

it would be better if the winner of the contender would get a shot at the title. it would really be like a rocky movie make much better viewing and better fighters would join. and they should show the whole fights cause you feel that the scoring is a bit dodgy.

VernakuLa
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
i aint evem watch the heavyweight division anymore, cept if its lightsout fightin...where the hell is mickey ward? I remember he was dope a lil ago, and he had a rivalry with winky, right?

HANZO
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
heavyweights just got fatter as the years went by. most of them are fat boxers who dont have the stamina to throw one punch. reason why if you get a real strong boxer with good stamina and a tactical mind, would easily win all heavyweight titles as someone to oppose is rare to find in the heavyweight division.

benzo
07-21-2006, 06:38 PM
nah Ward had the triology with Gatti. he's been retired for a minute now. i do remember seeing him pop up somewhere like as a trainer or cornerman i think. the man is a badass, no doubt.

RynMur
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Yea, Micky Ward was training Jeff Fraza? (The guy that had chickenpox on the Contender last year). Speaking of Contender, Allan Green (21-0) fought Anythony Bosante from Contender season 1 tonight on ESPN2. Green humiliated Bosante and ended it with a 5th rd. KO. During this fight Jermaine Taylor was at ringside and they talked about who was up next for him. Supposedly, Sergio Mora wants to fight him. haha

For tommorow, I'm hesitating to say Gatti will win by decision or late rd. ko.

RynMur
07-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Gatti gave it all he had last night and that still wasn't enough. Retirement would be his best option right now. He had to of been one of the best entertaining boxers to watch and he gave out all his heart for every one of his fights. Now Baldomir proved his point last night, but I still don't think that's enough to get him a shot at Mayweather. Their are still some big names in the welterweight class (Hatton, Margarito, Allan?) and fighters that may go up or down in weight (Mosley, Cotto, De La Hoya) for Baldomir to yet get a shot at Floyd.

Buddy McGirt is the trainer for Ajamu next week and I think he'll get out of his slump and RJJ will go down by KO. Oh yea this is a PPV fight for $25.:{

hectis
07-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Gatti gave it all he had last night and that still wasn't enough. Retirement would be his best option right now. He had to of been one of the best entertaining boxers to watch and he gave out all his heart for every one of his fights. Now Baldomir proved his point last night, but I still don't think that's enough to get him a shot at Mayweather. Their are still some big names in the welterweight class (Hatton, Margarito, Allan?) and fighters that may go up or down in weight (Mosley, Cotto, De La Hoya) for Baldomir to yet get a shot at Floyd.

Buddy McGirt is the trainer for Ajamu next week and I think he'll get out of his slump and RJJ will go down by KO. Oh yea this is a PPV fight for $25.:{

LOL AT BALDOMIR CALLEN OUT MAYWEATHER:lmao: MAYWEATHER WOULD BE TOO MUCH FOR HIM HE MISSED TOO MANY PUNCHES AND MAYWEATHER WOULD MAKE HIM PAY AND HE IS JUST TOO FAST I THINK MAYWEAHTERS NEXT FIGHT WILL VS SPINXS AND WHY IS THE ROY JONES FIGHT ON PPV? AND FOR 25$? IS IT HBO OR SHOWTIME?

benzo
07-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Pretty Fraud Mayweather is talking about Cory Spinks now!!!!!! hahahaha

hectis
07-24-2006, 11:06 AM
^ That Would Be Nice But I Think That Might Never Happen And I Think He Is Going To Fight Spinks Cuz It Would More Then Likely Be Easy For Him To Win Another Title It Would Be Funny If Spinks Hit Him With A Lucky Punch And Knocked Him Out Or Just Whip His Ass But I Would Not Bet My Money On That

benzo
07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
PBF is a bitch until he fights Margarito.

iniquity
07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
.. cotto > ..

hectis
07-24-2006, 04:58 PM

I HEARD PBF TURNED IT DOWN

Prince Rai
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM

sup bro!

sorry i havent been replyn, just i was on vacation in virginia beach and had lil access to a computer...

man i need to recap what has been goin on, but PBF is playing a stupid game..
he needs big fights to become "big", i feel u on that one benzo..

peace to all on this forum..

benzo
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I HEARD PBF TURNED IT DOWN

he turned down $8 million TWICE. PLUS, he bought his own contract out from Top Rank so Bob Arum wouldn't throw him in against Margarito. he running scared. SUP PRINCERAI-

Prince Rai
07-26-2006, 07:18 AM
he turned down $8 million TWICE. PLUS, he bought his own contract out from Top Rank so Bob Arum wouldn't throw him in against Margarito. he running scared. SUP PRINCERAI-

im not 2 bad benzo, hows it goin with u?

damn im really disappointed at PBF, it is clear that he is in love with the business side of boxing more, than he is with boxing itself.

deep down he knows that certain fights would gain him a super boxing rep, but he also knows every hard fight can expose him.

half a prick..half a boxng genius..

Roman Deini
07-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Former jr. welterweight and welterweight champ Zab Judah was arrested last Sunday in New York City after participating in a celebrity basketball game at Madison Square Garden . The NY Post has reported that police from the Midtown South Precinct arrested the 28 year old Judah as soon as he got off the court after participating in the Entertainers Basketball Classic game, after a woman named Natashia Wright brought an outstanding warrant (from Queens) to their attention. The Brooklyn born Judah was held at Midtown South overnight and then taken to Queens Family Court on Monday. According to the paper, it was unclear why the warrant was issued, yet police sources said it was a "money dispute," but would not elaborate.

benzo
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
im not 2 bad benzo, hows it goin with u?

damn im really disappointed at PBF, it is clear that he is in love with the business side of boxing more, than he is with boxing itself.

deep down he knows that certain fights would gain him a super boxing rep, but he also knows every hard fight can expose him.

half a prick..half a boxng genius..

Chillin man, glad to see ya back. The "half prick, half genius" quote is classic! He'll probably want Baldomir now, watch and see. Yo, can you post that vid up for everyone!!!!! "I'll take em all from 154 down." hahahaha PEACE!

HANZO
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
a good heavyweight to watch out for is a russian guy named dennis boytsov, i seen him fight a couple times just until his last fight he never went past 5 rounds and even in his last fight he was fighting to get some more rounds under his belt. a white mike tyson style fighter, not the biggest but very quick and powerful. his record is 15-0 14 KO's. i want this guy to succeed and bring life to the heavyweight division. atleast add some competition to the division. it seems the heavyweight division is set to be dominated by former soviet fighters.

hectis
07-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Any1 see David Tua make his return last night? I'm glad he's makin a comeback up in the rankings, he was always one of my favs....."Tuaman" owns! He may actuallt catch my interest back in the heavyweight division, but his trainer says its gonna be atleast another 6-7 fights b4 they consider a championship match so he can get back into shape. He knocked out Edward Gutierrez in a 4th round K.O, and man...those were some heavy lefts he was hitting with. Its been a 2yr absense if I'm not mistaken, and I hope he makes a comeback in a styleable fassion. Remember when he came up with the phrase: "O for Awsome!" haha, glad he's back.

just some facts on tua:

- Tua was never knocked down in any of his fights, and he won 27 of them without needing to go to the fourth round.

- Tua also ranked in 2nd with the most opponents knocked down in the first round, while Mike Tyson still holds first place.

record (as of 2day): 45-3-1 (39 KO's)

http://www.ringsidereport.com/images/david-tua.jpghttp://www.hboeworldboxing.com/boxassets/img/tuad.jpg

I THOUGHT THEU PUT HIM IN THERE TO EARLY IN HIS CAREER VS LEWIS AND BRYD WUZ AT HIS BEST BUT MAYBE HE CAN GIVE THE DIVISON THE SPARK IT NEEDS

tekunique
07-29-2006, 11:47 PM
yeeeeaaaa baby! just finished watching Roy Jones Jr pound Prince Amaju into a pulp! It wasn't a spectacular display of a vintage RJJ or nuthin, but wow, for 37 he totally "owned" prince,...RJJ won every round getting a 120-106 unanimous decision. It was still a great win, but obviously RJJ isn't the same calibur fighter he was 7 years ago, but its good to see he still has it. Also, it was his 50th career win, hopefully he will get atleast 1 more big time championship match to see if he "still is the best pound for pound fighter in the world" (as his official website still states). Even though he isn't what he once was, its still good to see he stilll has "it".
Now if you'll excuse me, i'm a wee bit intoxicated and I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my night, its my B-day weekend and as of JUL 30, at 8am on the dot, i'll be 22. Peace bruddaz!!!!!! have a good weekend!!!

cmon man, roy is done. hopkins would murder him no joke.

tekunique
07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
^

I never said RJJ would beat B-Hop now did I? besides, B-hop's retired so.....yeh, that shit already could've happened, but RJJ wanted too much $$$, besides your preaching to the choir, your talkin to a guy who changed his name to "b-hop" for like 5months on here, so u already know who i'd route for

lol.. no doubt.. im just sayin theres no point of roy fighting anymore.. what does he have to proove ? couple of solid hits land on him, hes done. nah mean ?

i just brought up b-hop cuz when they was both middleweight way back in the day, they fought once and roy won by decision.

hectis
07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Roy Jones Won Today But I Did Not See The Fight I Watched Harris Win On Hbo

tekunique
07-30-2006, 12:16 AM
yeh i hear ya, but seriously, u should have seen this fight, Prince is nothing; he was ranked 8th in the INBO rankings which means fuck all, maybe if it was ranked 4th, 2nd or even 5th it may have meant sumthin, but seriously.....this fight impressed me. Its been a while since RJJ has dominated a fight (he lost 3 straight prior to this to Glen Johnson, adn 2wice to Antonio Tarver) and even though this dude (IMO) was just a useless bum, it was good to see RJJ still has a lil bit in the tank. I'm not saying he's gonna be World Champ again, I just think he maybe is worthy to have 1 mroe championship bout to his name is all, afterall, we're talkin about a guy who only 4yrs ago was still considered the best pound for pound best boxer in the world (statistically from 98'-02')

i feel you man, i've been a jones fan for years but i think he fell victim to his own greatness.

he was just never used to being hit nor going the distance.

because of it, when he does get pounded or go the distance, he just doenst know how to handle it.

i just got let down so much from watching how he fought against tarver. last couple rounds, he was just avoiding contact so he doesnt lose by a knock out.

a real nigga IMO should be able to knock niggas out, able to take hits and go the distance when needed.

peace.

RynMur
07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks Kris for the recap on the RJJ fight. Happy B-day too. I was suprised when I saw he won by UD last night on ESPN. I'd never expect him to win by that big of a decision. Did he say anything about his future after the fight?

Roy Jones Jr. - Who Wanna Get Knocked Out
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zufzp0 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zufzp0)

RynMur
07-31-2006, 03:03 AM
^ Much appreciated. I'd like to see how this goes for him. I think he's going to have to fight pretty high ranked boxers. IMO he's too old to fight another person ranked in the top 10, then a championship match. Sounds like too much for his age.

hectis
08-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Fuck Texas For Letting Him Fight I Hope He Dose Not Die In The Ring

RynMur
08-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Evander has lost his last three matches, but I'd like to see him end his career on a win. He's done alot for boxing and he's fighting a nobody, so I'm saying Holyfield by UD. I just don't want to see him get a stroke or anything.

Plus, they have been showing a special on Sugar Ray Robinson on HBO. 173-19-6 (108KOs). <----Can't fuck with that

Prince Rai
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Evander fighting again? yeah ive been waiting for that to happen.
its a paperchase for evander, he ought to win with the experinece etc, but he needs to consider that not every fighter who fights again when they are older can actually keep up with the presure of this art..

benzo
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
if he wins it won't be the end of his career. dumbass is hell-bent on wininng a title a 5th time.

CashRules
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
I'd fuckin love Tito to come back to boxing, he's not even that old, after Tyson he my favorite fighter by a long way.

Prince Rai
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Tito? Whos Tito?

felix trinidad

Prince Rai
08-03-2006, 11:31 AM
if he wins it won't be the end of his career. dumbass is hell-bent on wininng a title a 5th time.

yeh, a win will make him all "i can do it too", and i say that will be his embarassing downfall. he should stay put.

Prince Rai
08-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Ah Yeh, Trinidad........fuck, I Know He Has Concussion Problems Or Sumthin, But He Should Come Back...d00d Only Has Like 2 Losses......i Heard He Was Gonna Make A Comeback But Things Didn't Fall Through? Oh Well........

his loss to winky was so bad that he knew he should step down before anything more embarassing can happen.

he is a good fighter and could come back, but he would need to pick fighters cleverly.

personally he should stay retired, he would only go for fights for money imo..

RynMur
08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Lately, Golden Boy Promotions has been trying to get Antonio Margarito to fight one of their boxers because Margarito has been saying everyone is feared to fight him. They offered to pay 1.5 million for services in a fight against Winky Wright. Where Winky has said he'll come down to light middleweight if Margarito is willling to go up. Ishe Smith & Kassim Ouma are also willing to fight him.

And I believe Floyd Mayweather's spot for a November fight will prob be against Carlos Baldomir, but nothing's final yet.

Prince Rai
08-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Lately, Golden Boy Promotions has been trying to get Antonio Margarito to fight one of their boxers because Margarito has been saying everyone is feared to fight him. They offered to pay 1.5 million for services in a fight against Winky Wright. Where Winky has said he'll come down to light middleweight if Margarito is willling to go up. Ishe Smith & Kassim Ouma are also willing to fight him.

And I believe Floyd Mayweather's spot for a November fight will prob be against Carlos Baldomir, but nothing's final yet.

PBF is a retard for fighting Baldomir. He needs to fight Hatton or Margarito.

Margarito v Winky would be interesting, but would it be exciting?
Ishe Smith would lose v Margarito.. and Kassim is so/so...

RynMur
08-06-2006, 11:54 PM
IMO Winky v. Margarito, would be a bad decision for Antonio. Even with Winky coming down in weight. But according to this morning's paper, Margarito will be fighting Cotto in early December, under a Showtime card in Atlantic City.

Kassim Ouma won last night. Throwing over 1,000 punches in 10 rounds. Vernon Forrest fought Ike Quartey and Forrest won a controversial UD. Some controversial fights I can see going both ways, but last night Quartey got robbed. It's bullshit when a fighter puts out his heart and doesn't get the decision b/c of terrible judges.

benzo
08-08-2006, 04:08 PM
PBF will fight either Baldo or get this.....Cory Spinks lol! PBF is a pussy. Spinks is Judah leftovers and Baldo is just PBF vs. Gatti 2.

Prince Rai
08-09-2006, 06:00 AM
PBF will fight either Baldo or get this.....Cory Spinks lol! PBF is a pussy. Spinks is Judah leftovers and Baldo is just PBF vs. Gatti 2.

so im guessing ur not a fan :P.. jkin

but yeah ur right, i agree, his choice in fighters are to say the least mediocre.

for him to become a legend legend, he needs to unpussy himself and fight someone worthy!

spinks and baldo are standard compared to PBF's true potentials

benzo
08-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, here you go you PBF nut-huggers. FUCK MAYWEATHER!!!!

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/chee_081006.htm

haha Prince....yo shouldn't I win a prize or something lol?

Prince Rai
08-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Well, here you go you PBF nut-huggers. FUCK MAYWEATHER!!!!

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/chee_081006.htm

haha Prince....yo shouldn't I win a prize or something lol?

biatschhh!:P
its embarasssinggg wtff!

ok ok.. you clearly won your point benzo... im ammo-less for defending Vain Boy Floyd.. he needs better fighters who will challenge him.

btw mods bannn benzo :P !!

peace bro

benzo
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
^LOL damn...It only took me what, like 6-8 months of non-stop bitching? lol peace-

Prince Rai
08-12-2006, 05:46 AM
^LOL damn...It only took me what, like 6-8 months of non-stop bitching? lol peace-

lol peace benzo..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5240622.stm (http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/5240622.stm)

have a look at that^, tonights fight.
im also unsure whther arum should call hasim the last american hope etc, maskaev is also american, they should stop politicising boxing!

well anyway, considering maskaev won by KO before and hasim hasnt really won a convincing fight sinceeeeee... ??? lennox? lol

maskaev could take tonight as well...

what do others think?

Roman Deini
08-12-2006, 11:25 AM
maskaev gonna take this shit. and wtf was mike tyson doing there at the weigh-in?

Prince Rai
08-12-2006, 12:03 PM
maskaev gonna take this shit. and wtf was mike tyson doing there at the weigh-in?

bet he wanted to brew up some beef and start a fight..get in the limelight again.. earn money out of it.. start his own porn industry..

perhaps he was just a spectator.. lol

just hope the fight wont be boring and can make us talk about the heavys a bit more.

peace

RynMur
08-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I saw the results of the fight last night. Rahman TKO in the 12th. Anyone who ordered it have a recap?

Roman Deini
08-14-2006, 05:05 PM
"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather and Carlos Manuel "Tata" Baldomir square off for the WBC welterweight championship in an HBO Pay Per View event on November 4 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. The announcement was made today by Dan Goossen, President of Goossen Tutor Promotions, which is promoting the event in association with Sycuan Ringside Promotions. "First of all, we're ecstatic to see the 'true grit' abilities and determination of the modern day 'Cinderella Man' taking on the likes of Mayweather, clearly on the road to becoming one of the greatest of all time," Goossen declared. "Secondly, Mayweather-Baldomir on paper, conjures up thoughts as a 'Fight of the Year' candidate and from a sports fan's perspective this bout represents the linear world welterweight champion in Baldomir going against the pound for pound best in Mayweather. Mayweather continues to face champions in higher weight classes. This spectacular extravaganza will determine if 'size matters' when Baldomir tries to impose his will and strength on Mayweather or will the "Pretty Boy" show the world once again 'size doesn't matter' when fighting the best pound for pound fighter in the world?"

benzo
08-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Looks like PBF id taking on Baldo, not Spinks. At least Baldo has brass balls, unlike Spinks, and will be much harder to KO. Rahman gets TKO'd with 46 seconds left in the 12th lolol. American heavies are DONE. Iron Mike looked real happy just to be at the weigh-in. You see the nervous smile on his face as he put his hands on both fighters to seperate them a bit?! Mike's gettin old....still love the dude, though. Peace ya'll, and thatnks Don for the update.

HANZO
08-15-2006, 10:36 AM
wats up with all the soviets dominating the heavyweight division. i dont even see an american heavyweight in sight thats capable of taking out the soviets.

benzo
08-15-2006, 10:43 AM
^it's a sad state of affairs with the heavies. lets's see what happens after Peter/Toney get down. Peter has the power to deal with the soviet monsters but the dude is very limited on skills. if Toney beats him (which he should) he probably wouldn't match up real well with any of the title holders. i have mad respect for his skills, but he doesn't have the KO power in heavyweight ranks and he'll probably come in too fat to hang around 12 rounds.

Prince Rai
08-18-2006, 10:02 AM
so so, evander fighting tonight,

i think hes being stupid, but then again i cant help but wnting to follow the fight.

what yall think?

benzo
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
it's on Fox Sports over here in the States at 8 Central, I think. I'm gonna watch it but I'm expecting it to be shit....

hectis
08-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Holyfield Won In The 2nd Also Taylor And Ouma Are Going To Fight On I Think On Dec 9th Should Be A Good Fight

Prince Rai
08-20-2006, 10:55 AM
jj

RynMur
08-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Kassim Ouma is an ok fight for Jermaine. Ouma is the best light middleweight fighter imo, but going up in weight to fight JT? Baldomir v. Mayweather is going to be a good fight too. And now Margarito has a fighter - Paul Williams after his impressive win over Mitchell and Williams responding that he'll fight Margarito b/c no one else will. But we'll see how it ends.

benzo
08-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Williams is the mandatory for Margarito now , isn't he?

SMOKE BLUNTS
08-21-2006, 12:11 PM
iron mike is the greatest ever and if u dont think so eat a dick!

Prince Rai
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, Williams is the mandatory for Margarito now , isn't he?

i wanna see margarito fight next.

he deserves top fights.

its shameful for some fighters to view boxing just as business, they ought to show the art some love and fight fighers who make a fight a fight.

im attacking my fav boxer, although hes fighting a better opponent...baldomir.. he should be looking at hatton, better still... marga cos the boxing world are shouting for that to happen... so is margarito or was.

benzo
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
PBF's mantra used to be, "If it makes dollars it makes sense." Now that he's turned down 8 million to fight Margarito, he's saying "It's about cementing my legacy in boxing". LOL! Yeah right, by fighting Baldomir and not anyone who is viewed as an elite fighter, sure... Peace Prince!

RynMur
08-29-2006, 03:26 PM
You guys ever watch Who's Number 1 on ESPN. They did a show on the 20 greatest boxers and here's the list.
20.Larry Holmes
19. Julio Cesar Chavez
18.Evander Holyfield
17.Gene Tunney
16. Mike Tyson
15. Roberto Duran
14. Roy Jones Jr.
13. Willie Pett
12. Archie Moore
11. Joe Frazier
10. George Foreman
09. Marvin Hagler
08. Sugar Ray Leonard
07. Jack Johnson
06. Henry Armstrong
05. Jack Dempsey
04. Rocky Marciano
03. Sugar Ray Robinson
02. Joe Louis
01. Muhammed Ali
I think they did good on the list, i'd change the top 5 though with Louis being 4 b.c he lost to Marciano, Marciano 3, Robinson 2 & Ali 1.

hectis
08-29-2006, 05:37 PM
You guys ever watch Who's Number 1 on ESPN. They did a show on the 20 greatest boxers and here's the list.
20.Larry Holmes
19. Julio Cesar Chavez
18.Evander Holyfield
17.Gene Tunney
16. Mike Tyson
15. Roberto Duran
14. Roy Jones Jr.
13. Willie Pett
12. Archie Moore
11. Joe Frazier
10. George Foreman
09. Marvin Hagler
08. Sugar Ray Leonard
07. Jack Johnson
06. Henry Armstrong
05. Jack Dempsey
04. Rocky Marciano
03. Sugar Ray Robinson
02. Joe Louis
01. Muhammed Ali

I think they did good on the list, i'd change the top 5 though with Louis being 4 b.c he lost to Marciano, Marciano 3, Robinson 2 & Ali 1.

how can tyson be ahead of holyfield?

benzo
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
cuz he retired? lol that list is weird- RJJ above both Tyson and Julio Cesar Chavez? that's fuct up.

Prince Rai
08-30-2006, 02:13 PM
20.Larry Holmes
19. Julio Cesar Chavez
18.Evander Holyfield
17.Gene Tunney
16. Mike Tyson
15. Roberto Duran
14. Roy Jones Jr.
13. Willie Pett
12. Archie Moore
11. Joe Frazier
10. George Foreman
09. Marvin Hagler
08. Sugar Ray Leonard
07. Jack Johnson
06. Henry Armstrong
05. Jack Dempsey
04. Rocky Marciano
03. Sugar Ray Robinson
02. Joe Louis
01. Muhammed Ali

interesting list!

obvioulsy its alll a matter of opinion.
all names deserve to be there.. perhaps the ordering could be different!

ie RJJ 14th?

hectis
08-30-2006, 02:26 PM
why the fuck is b-hop left off the list for?

benzo
08-30-2006, 05:31 PM
now THAT is good question. in 20 years he'll be there with DLH, Mayweather, Barrera, Morales, etc. so it's all good.

Roman Deini
08-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Former heavyweight champion Iron Mike Tyson worked out for the media on Wednesday at the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Iron Mike will be training for upcoming exhibition matches every day except Sunday for the next four weeks on the mezzanine level of the resort for press and public viewing.

Prince Rai
09-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Former heavyweight champion Iron Mike Tyson worked out for the media on Wednesday at the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Iron Mike will be training for upcoming exhibition matches every day except Sunday for the next four weeks on the mezzanine level of the resort for press and public viewing.

peace Don, do you have source to this info?

Prince Rai
09-02-2006, 06:24 AM
soo tonight is quite interesting...

Fat Toney v Sam Peters...

i reckon Toney will win this one.. Samuel is amazing but still needs a lot to learn!

also tonight... glen johnson v clinton woods,

clinton will be defending his ibf whatever crown and allthough clinton has come a very long way since his last loss to glen, clinton could potentially pull this off.

^^ but i doubt it.

I hope glen wins and can then be set up with a fight v Calzaghe. That would be a great fight to watch... but Calzaghe and his late pull-outs cos of injury is soo stupid and annoying.

Roman Deini
09-02-2006, 06:49 AM
came from fightnews, they even had a picture of him training. there was also an article in the las vegas review journal about it.

Roman Deini
09-02-2006, 06:50 AM
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Aug-31-Thu-2006/sports/9370907.html

Prince Rai
09-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks Deini, this is hilarious and at the same time very sad.

Damn this is Mike we are talking about nahmean? How low is this type of fighting he is going into? ok its not illegal or sumin, but its just not Tyson.. ok hes mad in his head i give him that, but this is another scale

Roman Deini
09-02-2006, 07:00 AM
these days he does anything for money. hell i bet if you pay 1 million he will suck your dick or something

Prince Rai
09-02-2006, 07:11 AM
these days he does anything for money. hell i bet if you pay 1 million he will suck your dick or something
haha word thats true..

that why its a fucking shame that hes screwing himself so bad.

he should act like a boxing god, and not like some boxing hoe!

u gon watch any fights 2nite?

Prince Rai
09-03-2006, 10:52 AM
James Toney loses to Samuel Peter!!!!!!! Glen Johnson loses to Clinton Woods!!!!!!!

Roman Deini
09-03-2006, 12:06 PM
heavyweights dont matter cause the russians will rule that scene for the next few years.

RynMur
09-03-2006, 03:45 PM
You guys have no confidence in Calvin Brock taking over the heavyweight class?

Roman Deini
09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
those russians are on some ivan drago shit.

Prince Rai
09-08-2006, 04:45 AM
According to BBC Boxing News:

1) Klitschko will make the first defence of his IBF title against American Calvin Brock in New York on the 11th of November.

2) Evander Holyfields next comeback fight will be against Puerto Rican Fres Oquendo in San Antonio on the 10th of November.

peace

B-Ball-Hov
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
ali is that ni99a! zab he good and he gonna get alot better in due time, untill then we just gonna have 2 wait, na mean? i wish i knew how 2 box! lol

RynMur
09-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Brock vs. Klitschko sounds like a good fight, but Calvin hasn't fought anyone compared to Klitschko and still needs to prove himself.

Prince Rai
09-10-2006, 06:33 AM
ali is that ni99a! zab he good and he gonna get alot better in due time, untill then we just gonna have 2 wait, na mean? i wish i knew how 2 box! lol
weve waited for zab for ages, he has been given many fights to prove himself and he hasnt satisfied many boxing fans.

Prince Rai
09-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Brock vs. Klitschko sounds like a good fight, but Calvin hasn't fought anyone compared to Klitschko and still needs to prove himself.

you are right, klitschko has fought very good and supposedly hard opponents, but he def has a lot of experience. Brock still needs to overshine klitschko in that sense.

peace rynmur

benzo
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
weve waited for zab for ages, he has been given many fights to prove himself and he hasnt satisfied many boxing fans.

Yep. He's finished as an "elite" fighter, though I never considered one anyway. Who couldn't beat down Spinks like that lol? Kostya sonned him, PBF sonned him, baldo sonned him...he's finished. It's back to ESPN2 for Zab. He's a fuckin punk with no respect for the game. -Peace

Prince Rai
09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Yep. He's finished as an "elite" fighter, though I never considered one anyway. Who couldn't beat down Spinks like that lol? Kostya sonned him, PBF sonned him, baldo sonned him...he's finished. It's back to ESPN2 for Zab. He's a fuckin punk with no respect for the game. -Peace

word is rightt!

nice reading your thought benzo!! where u been?? partyn :P

Thanatologist
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
what is everyones predictions for the barrera vs. juarez II?

RynMur
09-12-2006, 12:38 AM
what is everyones predictions for the barrera vs. juarez II?

I say Barrera by SD like their last fight. I'm still hesitating if I should order it or not, but you know this fight is going to be exciting.

Did anyone see PBF on Quite Frankley the other night? He lost his mind, he said he's going to end his boxing career as the best boxer ever. He did say no disrespect towards Ali & Sugar Ray Robinson, but what the fuck is he thinking? I thought he was talking about retiring in the next two years. He needs to majorly improve his resume before he can even dream about that.

benzo
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm picking Juarez by late round TKO. I love Barrera, but it's time for a new breed of fighters. Then we'd have Juarez, Barrera, Pacquiao, Morales, Marquez, and Chavez all in the mix.
PBF is a MORON, period. He is literally dumb; he can barely make a coherent statement, much less a valid point. I'd put Ex in that list before PBF and even that's blaspemy. My God ,how I want Baldo to hand him a big L on that pretty record he's got. Peace Prince!

grimey
09-17-2006, 05:56 PM
that barrera/rocky fight lastnight was kinda boring........

benzo
09-18-2006, 11:38 AM
kinda my azz......that fight sucked. i'm very dissapointed in both fighters. why was Rocky scared this time around? Barrera has reduced himself to a boxer, he IS NOT fighting like the Mexican warrior he once was. he knew standing toe to toe was a huge risk for him so he used his superior boxing skills to avoid brawling. he also did a large amount of hugging/clinching, which is just not something that MAB used to do. peace...

RynMur
09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm glad I didn't order it if it was that bad. Did Barrera win big or was it close?

benzo
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Barrera controlled the fight pretty much. won by like 5-6 points on most score cards. not much action or exchanges due to Barrera's style in the fight. Be glad you saved your dough for Pac/Morales 3! Peace-

RynMur
09-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Damn that fight sounded boring. I don't even think they showed the rerun on HBO last weekend. Is anyone going to watch the Contender championship tommorow? I think Steve Forbes should win easily. He has it all and really the only stand out boxer from the series imo. The other guy Brewer, won a 5rd fight after getting knocked down in the first round.(47-47,48-46, & 49-46?????) How does 49-46 add up after the winner was knocked down in the first round? There goes that Contender judging again.

benzo
09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
How does 49-46 add up after the winner was knocked down in the first round? There goes that Contender judging again.

haha yeah, they're trying to be as close as possible to the big Vegas PPV's. you know, the "legit" boxing organizations lol. Peace-

grimey
09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
that corrales/casamayor fight could be interesting.....floyd/baldamir could be interseting also.......

benzo
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Corrales/Casamayor should be a hell of a fight! Damn, I almost forgot that's coming up soon. Joel's been talking maaaad shit about Chico. I hope it's a fucking bloodbath! SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Ronin
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
my dude jnr witter a wiorld champ welterweight now, jnr welter anyway

finally, hes a brilliant pugilist on his day, can be mayweather esque

hectis
10-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Damn that fight sounded boring. I don't even think they showed the rerun on HBO last weekend. Is anyone going to watch the Contender championship tommorow? I think Steve Forbes should win easily. He has it all and really the only stand out boxer from the series imo. The other guy Brewer, won a 5rd fight after getting knocked down in the first round.(47-47,48-46, & 49-46?????) How does 49-46 add up after the winner was knocked down in the first round? There goes that Contender judging again.

man the contender final wuz boring

hectis
10-05-2006, 11:14 PM
well it would make u fall asleep that shit wuz wack

RynMur
10-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Yea that fight was boring. The guy that won wouldn't stop holding. Any boxing news lately?

benzo
10-06-2006, 04:09 PM
-PBF/Baldomir 11-04
-Pac/Morales 11-18

-Corralles fight is on Showtime "Free Preview" weekend if you have cable

-and DLH has finally said the only fighter that he would ever face would be PBF. Tito's out of the picture for good.

Prince Rai
10-11-2006, 04:22 AM
pbf / baldo
pac /moral will be good fights.

the pbf fight has the air of uncertainty. pbf can lose...baldo aint bad..

havent been here for ages... my net has been down.

benzo
10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
'Sup Princerai?! You're not nervous for your boy are ya lol? Peace-

beardman
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Nobody watched Nicolay (The Giant) 'The Beast from the EAST' Valuev against Monte 'Two Gunz' Barrett?? :p
________
medical marijuana card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Roman Deini
10-13-2006, 02:48 PM
sad what became of mike tyson. he really need them dollars:

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/tysonworldtour/

Prince Rai
10-13-2006, 02:50 PM
'Sup Princerai?! You're not nervous for your boy are ya lol? Peace-
i am actually, i read the Ring and although they sorta back PBF, they have pointed out certain aspects about Baldo that clearly suggest that PBF aint gon be able to dominate with his loud style.

PBF is going to be forced to dig deep and use every single skill he attained during his years against a person, who just recently proved his abilities that have been overshadowed by bad managerial work and the other fighters in the division who were more marketable.

peace benzo, novemberrr!

Prince Rai
10-13-2006, 02:53 PM
sad what became of mike tyson. he really need them dollars:

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/tysonworldtour/

lol that guy, he should get himself a simple job. it wnt bring bucks, but at least he wont be raped by the media and then shat on others.

Prince Rai
10-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Nobody watched Nicolay (The Giant) 'The Beast from the EAST' Valuev against Monte 'Two Gunz' Barrett?? :p

valuev is growing in confidence and is upping his record with ease.

his size and weight is difficult to compete with, and seriously, there are no consistent enough heavies to actually make a fight equal with valuev.

Valuev is truly great, but his attributes arent so marketable. IMO

but much respect to him, hope he keeps consistent.

benzo
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
^yep, ^yep, ^and yep. peace!

hectis
10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
yo tyson is fighting a 4 round fight on ppv for $30 lol at any one who waste money on this

benzo
10-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, it's sad. He keep saying in the press confrences that he's not out to hurt anyone, he just wants to have fun, and doesn't care if he wins or loses the bouts. Sounds pretty fuckin exciting, eh?

the insignificant
10-21-2006, 03:31 AM
valuev is growing in confidence and is upping his record with ease.

his size and weight is difficult to compete with, and seriously, there are no consistent enough heavies to actually make a fight equal with valuev.

Valuev is truly great, but his attributes arent so marketable. IMO

but much respect to him, hope he keeps consistent.

c'mon man he outweighed barrett by over 100 pounds... that's just a size mismatch... there's nothing great about that win whatsoever... people blew up when castillo went in overweight against corrales but no one has said a word about the fact that this talentless hack should be in a separate superheavy weight division...

Prince Rai
10-21-2006, 07:27 AM
c'mon man he outweighed barrett by over 100 pounds... that's just a size mismatch... there's nothing great about that win whatsoever... people blew up when castillo went in overweight against corrales but no one has said a word about the fact that this talentless hack should be in a separate superheavy weight division...

yeah, as i said, hes very big and thats why he wins fights. And there are a lack of fighters in the division who have the right attitude right now.

I dont specifically follow valuev, but at the end of the day hes winning fights and is attracting various fighters to the table.

heavyweights arent my fav arena right now..

the insignificant
10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
yeah, as i said, hes very big and thats why he wins fights. And there are a lack of fighters in the division who have the right attitude right now.

I dont specifically follow valuev, but at the end of the day hes winning fights and is attracting various fighters to the table.

heavyweights arent my fav arena right now..

yeh the division is in shambles... and it's getting worse before it's getting better... i guess you're right about valuev though... as long as he's the champ, they can just market the fight as david vs goliath...

grimey
10-22-2006, 04:46 AM
the best boxing takes place at 160 to 112........

the insignificant
10-23-2006, 04:59 AM
i think boxing needs to eliminate some weight classes... that way, guys can't move divisions so easily... not enough big names fight each other anymore...

RynMur
10-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I've been gone for a min, whats up everyone? ^^^ I agree with you that there is too many weight classes, but if they would to take some out, i'd say at the most three. I think the one thing they need to fix is the championship belts. One main champion belt for each class, not like 10, then boxing would be generalized better.

Prince Rai
10-25-2006, 11:52 AM
i think boxing needs to eliminate some weight classes... that way, guys can't move divisions so easily... not enough big names fight each other anymore...

you raised a good point. The Ring had an issue out trying to suggest what things could change in boxing in order to make boxing better.
Weight-eliminations was one of them.

personally the governing bodies should unite welter and lightwelter. Perhaps that could slow down runners..

Prince Rai
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
I've been gone for a min, whats up everyone? ^^^ I agree with you that there is too many weight classes, but if they would to take some out, i'd say at the most three. I think the one thing they need to fix is the championship belts. One main champion belt for each class, not like 10, then boxing would be generalized better.

sup rynmur? i also agree with the belts, there are too many "world champions" in each category. It diminishes the value of having a belt in the first place.

If there is one belt for each group, there will be more competition and less running away from fighters, cos' i suppose with just one belt, you need to truly prove yourself over the others for a title shot.a

Right now, Ive seen some random fighters holding belts, who walk around big for no reason.

peacee

benzo
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
add in the fact that Golden Boy and Top Rank are less than willing to work with each other and we have a sad situation with boxing right now.

RynMur
10-27-2006, 04:34 AM
What's good prince? Yea, it's funny when boxers walk around with a NABO belt and think they can't be fucked with. I'm still waiting for November: Baldomir v. Mayweather, then Klitschko v. Brock & Morales v. Pacquiao. There is going to be some great boxing in the next two months. Peace.

hectis
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
What's good prince? Yea, it's funny when boxers walk around with a NABO belt and think they can't be fucked with. I'm still waiting for November: Baldomir v. Mayweather, then Klitschko v. Brock & Morales v. Pacquiao. There is going to be some great boxing in the next two months. Peace.

its funny how there is all these belts i think i have one

Roman Deini
10-28-2006, 03:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2641679

RynMur
10-28-2006, 04:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2641679

R.I.P. Trevor Berbick

RynMur
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Who does everyone have for this night's fight?

I say Floyd Mayweather by...UD.

Prince Rai
11-04-2006, 01:07 PM
ive been waiting so long for this one!
mayweather himself said that he has respect for
baldomir, and that he'll be tough.

now thats true, hes a strong argentinian. however, floyd still is for me a better fighter.
yes, PBF may have dodged some big names, but baldomir proves he has credibility. Mayweather trains hard, and he wont disappoint.

No KO tonight, I think PBF is careful enough and Baldo strong enough to avoid a KO.
I also say UD for PBF like rynmur04!

peace guys

Prince Rai
11-05-2006, 01:39 PM
wheresss benzooooo??????? :P haha

well yeah, i suppose mayweather can't always produce a classic, but he apparently showed class to beat Baldomir by U.D., as correctly predicted by rynmur04!

im still waiting to watch the fight, def want to see Mayweather fight what he claims to be his second last fight.
He wants Oscar to organise something to end PBF's career, on a high of course.

I believe PBF would win against Oscar, but whatever happens, PBF was by far a great boxer.
Yes, Benzo's argument that PBF didn't always fight the right fighter at all times still maintains a stone in PBF's name, but then again,
PBF did try and beat big names.

Prince Rai
11-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Legend!

RynMur
11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Yea, PBF handled his business. Fuck the people that were booing and said PBF was running. He dominated the entire fight, why take a chance of getting KO'd in the last round? (Imo PBF still won 12 rd)

The interview after the fight was funny. First, PBF tells Larry Mechant he doesn't know anything about boxing. Then... "If Oscar De La Hoya wants to leave fighting the best, tell him to bring it on and i'll tax that ass too" haha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DLMZ10oB8zk

hectis
11-06-2006, 03:53 AM
LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather's post-fight press conference should have been televised on HBO PPV because it sure had a lot more drama than his fight against Carlos Baldomir did on Saturday.
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1105/box_a_mayweather_195.jpg
AP Photo/Eric Jamison
Floyd Mayweather Jr. says he's ready to take his hardware and head into retirement.

Forty minutes after Mayweather easily outpointed Baldomir to win the welterweight championship and confirm his status as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, he strolled into the Mandalay Bay media room and dropped a bombshell.
In an emotional scene, he said he will retire after his next fight.
He arrived at the press conference dressed in a dark suit and flashing his broad smile. The interview session figured to serve as a victory lap following his dominating performance and to start the drumbeat for an eventual showdown with Oscar De La Hoya.
However, moments after taking the podium, Mayweather's mood suddenly changed as he was overcome with emotion.
Searching for words, Mayweather choked up before turning to weep on HBO executive Kery Davis' shoulder.
After Mayweather regained his composure a couple of minutes later and wiped his face with a white towel, he found the words that took everyone by surprise.
"I love the sport," Mayweather said in a soft voice as he continued to wipe away tears. "One more fight and I'm through. I don't need boxing. I'm not in it for the money. It's about legacy. I'm rich and I've accomplished what I want."
There was a stunned silence in the room, one that included several members of Mayweather's family, after hearing the No. 1 fighter in the sport -- at his peak at age 29 -- say he would walk away from boxing after one more fight.
"When I heard him say that I thought of Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. I thought of Michael Jordan when he went to play baseball," said Davis, who is close with Mayweather. "Oftentimes when guys are at the top of their game, and they don't know what is left to accomplish, they do that."
Although most are skeptical about the announcement -- how many fighters have announced a retirement only to change their mind almost immediately? -- Mayweather was convincing. His emotional breakdown was certainly no act.
"I'm leaving on top. That's what it's about," said Mayweather, who has won five titles in four divisions. "I'm not hurting for money, for nothing. I love my family. They tore my name down, tore my family down and I still rose to the top."
Throughout his career, Mayweather has dealt with a litany of problems. There have been several assault accusations; criticism from fans and media over many of the fights he has taken; a nasty split with promoter Bob Arum; an even nastier split with his estranged father and former trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr.; the license revocation and subsequent incarceration of uncle and trainer Roger Mayweather and other dramas.
It all seemed to finally get the better of Mayweather.
Over and over, he promised one more fight and then retirement.
"I thought about retiring after the Zab Judah fight ," Mayweather said. "The sport has been great to me. When I die, my legacy will live on. One more fight and I am through."
Over and over, he said he wasn't in boxing for the money, although he earned at least $8 million to fight Baldomir.
"I got a lot of money. I couldn't spend it in a billion lifetimes," Mayweather continued. "It's about being a legend in the sport, and I am a legend. I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in this sport. I won the titles I wanted to win.
"I don't need no five-star restaurants. You can give me McDonald's and I'm cool with that. Give me Pizza Hut."
"I got a lot of money. I couldn't spend it in a billion lifetimes. It's about being a legend in the sport, and I am a legend. I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in this sport. I won the titles I wanted to win." Floyd Mayweather

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's best friend, adviser and assistant trainer, said he would support him in any decision he made.
"I love Floyd unconditionally, so I stand behind him 100 percent," said Ellerbe, who served as head trainer Saturday during Roger Mayweather's absence. "If he hangs his gloves up tomorrow, I'm with him. I'm with him for life."
In one of the lighter moments of the session, Mayweather (37-0, 24 KOs), who hurt his right hand around the sixth round but barely needed to break a sweat to beat Baldomir (43-10-6, 13 KOs), said what everyone knew: "It was a cakewalk if you want to know the truth."
Mayweather said he wanted his final fight to be against De La Hoya, a junior middleweight titlist and boxing's greatest economic force. He is trained by Mayweather Sr., adding another juicy dimension to what would already be a mega fight.

A De La Hoya-Mayweather fight -- with a target date of May 5 -- would be a massive event and is the only fight in the sport that figures to easily draw more than one million pay-per-view buys.
"I know we'll make the De La Hoya fight happen," Mayweather said. "We still got another big fight to do, but if it's not on my terms it won't happen."
That is probably unrealistic, given De La Hoya's proven drawing power combined with Mayweather's less-than-stellar public appeal. He drew just 9,427 fans Saturday night and his previous two pay-per-view fights haven't cracked 375,000 buys. The Baldomir fight probably won't either.
De La Hoya fight or not, Mayweather said he is content with his decision to quit after his next fight.
"As of right now, I know what I want to do," he said. "I'm happy."
He said he would remain involved in boxing in some capacity. He said he planned to start Mayweather Promotions and work with adviser Al Haymon to expand his outside-the-ring business opportunities.
Mayweather also said he planned to go back to school to earn his GED. He dropped out in 12th grade to devote himself full time to making the 1996 Olympic team, where he received a bronze medal.
Davis was as stunned as anyone by Mayweather's announcement.
"Obviously, whatever he wants to do, we will always wish him the best," Davis said. "We've had a great relationship. We'll wish him the best with whatever he wants to do with the rest of his life. But he's certainly at the top of his game right now, so him leaving the sport at this point would certainly surprise anyone.
"But I'm not fighting anybody. Nobody is hitting me. I would never try to talk anyone into doing what they don't feel like they want to do anymore." [I]Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com.

benzo
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
..so he knew all along that the Margaritos, Cottos, Mosleys, etc. would NEVER happen and he still chose Baldo as his opponent before his last blowout? weak...

Prince Rai
11-08-2006, 05:43 AM
..so he knew all along that the Margaritos, Cottos, Mosleys, etc. would NEVER happen and he still chose Baldo as his opponent before his last blowout? weak...
i still havent had the luxury to watch this fight, but speaking to many boxing fans, im hearing it wasnt worth getting anyway..

hmm and him saying hes going to fight the best is somehow a slap on boxing's face, cos he HAS easily ignored some "best" fighters in the weight categories.

bring on oscar, perhaps then mayweather may get some more universal respect.

i still respect PBF, perhaps through bias, but he needs a real name to fight.

:chef:*(:):mexico:

Prince Rai
11-08-2006, 05:44 AM
sorry bout using those smilys, just felt like doing that..

RynMur
11-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Any predictions for this Saturday's fight in Madison Sqare Garden? I'm going with Klitschko 8rd TKO over Brock.

benzo
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
^that's a good prediction. Brock sucks and Wladamir takes a few rounds to get going so yeah, prolly KO between rounds 6 and 8 via the Russian Hammer right hand.
Mayweather has proven himself to be stupid, ignorant, AND arrogant. He pulls this bullshit now about how "it's not about the money...". BULL FUCKING SHIT!!! He's praying to the greenback god that DLH will give him the time of day so he can cash out huge and be done with boxing. As far as what he said to Larry Merchant...PBF should be shot. Merchant deserves respect from anybody who knows or gives a fuck about boxing. Merchant has done more for boxing as a whole than Mayweather ever will. PBF pulled the exact same shit on ESPN's Brian Kinney before the Judah fight but Kinney made Mayweather look like a complete asshole (this is not debatable) on national TV. Only Merchant's class kept it from happening again. Peace-

Prince Rai
11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
^ heat! but i feel u bro. PBF was very disrespectful to Merchant who has been consistently fair to fighters. he gives honest opinions etc.
Pbf will always be a loudmouth, thats his "thing".

anyway, Klitschko to win? yes! perhaps TKO i dont know.

hectis
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
oh shit klitschko fucked him up he might be the beast heavyweight out right now which aint sayin much

Prince Rai
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM
stoppage in the 7th right? damn rynmur has been predicting quite well lately.

indeed hectis, it does kind of suggest klitschko is greatness in the heavies,
but to be honest, this says nothing, where is the sparkle and brilliance of the heavyweight category.

at the same time we cannot discredit vlad, hes been consistent and has proven his point. but more does need to be done.

peace guys