PDA

View Full Version : Delusory Parasitosis

TeknicelStylez
05-13-2006, 01:06 AM
I was taking a stroll along the internet when I noticed this interesting sight.

http://www.ent.uga.edu/publications/delusory.pdf

There is people that believe insects are crawling around in their skin and there is reported rumors of it in, Texas, Florida, and California... Apparently they claim that it's an 'epidemic'. Observe...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA051106.morgellans.KENS.32030524.html

Apparently they call it morgellans disease.

I have not generated an opinion on this whole matter but it's kind of odd.

7EL7
05-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Get em off me get em off me

remember that in Hell Raiser 2

funny stuff

TeknicelStylez
05-13-2006, 01:17 AM
lol, the mind is a powerful thing huh?

TeknicelStylez
05-13-2006, 04:46 PM
This shit is crazy, you need to stop sleeping on this guys. This basically shows you how the mind is responsible for alot of things we believe are factual occurances. You can trick yourself to believe anything, or be tricked to believe anything.

snapple
05-13-2006, 04:54 PM
hah this crackwhore i use to know one time was so yakked out she thought she had those bugs and started ripping out her hair and tried to cut herself to death

denaturat
05-13-2006, 05:45 PM
you knew this person? shit...

snapple
05-13-2006, 05:46 PM
^^ we weren't close or anything she just chilled with some chicks i knew so we were friendly with eachother but never really close or anything feel me?

denaturat
05-13-2006, 05:48 PM
that's fucked up shit...when I was in college I lived in the worst hood with junkies and prostitutes, seen that shit too.

TeknicelStylez
05-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Still sleeping huh... rather argue about religion and skin color.

Os3y3ris
05-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Coincidentally: http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/

TeknicelStylez
05-13-2006, 11:41 PM
So whatchu think O? Real Organisms or Pyschological Entities

Os3y3ris
05-14-2006, 01:34 AM
I've looked into it a bit since you've posted and I've found evidence for both. I'd have to say its psychological, but I don't have any definite opinion at this point. Very interesting.

TeknicelStylez
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Yes it is very interesting, I would love to get to the bottom of it. I think meeting one of these people in real life and finding out if they are just mentally insane or not would be the only probable means of coming up with a logical answer.

denaturat
05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
probably the most logical thing to do would be to ask a doctor or a scientist, since a person who is mentally ill will not tell you that he has mental problems

Frontal Lobotomy
05-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Wow, that's a fucked up disorder. I thought it just sounded like some kind of nasty fungal infection or something, but it isn't, and that's what makes it so weird. The idea of it being some kind of psychological disorder sounds reasonable, as we've no idea what the brain can really do to the body after all. For all we know, they could all have had some random 'vaccine' containing the parasite, or whatever it is, given that AIDS has been attributed to such means it's not entirely impossible. The way it's hit the people in 3 different states is kinda odd as well, and here in Britain people are worrying about bird flu, deary me haha

denaturat
05-14-2006, 11:33 PM
yeah...it's strange. check this out: http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2004/05/08/70309.php

Aqueous Moon
05-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I think that this is some interesting stuff, Tek.

Imma look into it...it is intriguing.

TeknicelStylez
05-15-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah...it's strange. check this out: http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2004/05/08/70309.php

Thanks for the contribution

I don't know what to think anymore...

TeknicelStylez
05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Nobody else has anything to add to this subject?

Anyone else tired of arguing about politics and religion??

ilzPotent
05-17-2006, 07:11 AM
the mind is completely capable of deteriorating your health due to what you believe in your mind to be true. Its alittle off but I will share an experience with you during a higly stressful time in my life. I had made a complaint of sexual harassment in the workplace and for some reason the man was promoted to a more prominent position and although his exposure to me was noe obsolete it did nothing to soothe the matter at hand for me. My work environment changed completely and I was made to feel like I was wrong. The point I became highly stressed with that situation and other things not going right in my life. This is truth.

I like to believe I am of sound mind and body. I was sitting on the train. I am suddenly standing at the plate (I play softball) 3 balls and 2 strikes and the pitcher is winding up to pitch the ball and I am eager to send this ball into tomorrow. I hear all the people around. I clearly see the field, my teamates, and the crowd. I ready to hit the ball. I am back on the train at my stop wondering what the hell? How did I get here? Why aren't I playing softball? It was real. I was there or was I?

truth. I went and had many test due to 2 more situations like this one. It happened while I was driving and when I came back to, I was still on the highway apparently manuvuering the car with no problem under alternate phychosis. all my test proved nothing. everything was well within normality. I feel that under the stress my mind took it upon itself to put me in a situation or reality where I could either relieve my tensions or be doing something that would perhaps be "better". I really couldn't imagine having an issue with parasites but I believe it when these people say thats what they see. The mind is powerful. Imagine if we were capable of using 15% of its abilities.

CherChezLaMarauder
05-17-2006, 08:42 AM
i've was physically ill due to high stress. Vomitting and stomach pains. all due to the mind

V4D3R
05-17-2006, 12:03 PM
So whatchu think O? Real Organisms or Pyschological Entities

The mind - a gift from the creator - was meant to creat in the Creator's likeness. Think about something - talk about it - write it down (Plan it) - then make the power of creation make itself manifest -the physical labor of creation- we are all gods and earths - creating and producing life. It's the way of the Universe - the truth and the light.

TeknicelStylez
04-23-2007, 09:36 PM
This was a really good thread, one of the finer points in KTL building if I must say so myself, this type of scenario poses so many questions...

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
illzpotent said:

I like to believe I am of sound mind and body. I was sitting on the train. I am suddenly standing at the plate (I play softball) 3 balls and 2 strikes and the pitcher is winding up to pitch the ball and I am eager to send this ball into tomorrow. I hear all the people around. I clearly see the field, my teamates, and the crowd. I ready to hit the ball. I am back on the train at my stop wondering what the hell? How did I get here? Why aren't I playing softball? It was real. I was there or was I?

truth. I went and had many test due to 2 more situations like this one. It happened while I was driving and when I came back to, I was still on the highway apparently manuvuering the car with no problem under alternate phychosis. all my test proved nothing. everything was well within normality. I feel that under the stress my mind took it upon itself to put me in a situation or reality where I could either relieve my tensions or be doing something that would perhaps be "better". I really couldn't imagine having an issue with parasites but I believe it when these people say thats what they see. The mind is powerful. Imagine if we were capable of using 15% of its abilities."

Thats funny. You got unstuck in time. Read Slautherhouse 5 by Kurt Vunnugut.

diggy
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I know this crackhead who told me he had worms crawling on him and stuff. I dont know if he was high when this happened. I just listened. He told me that in about 2003.