PDA

View Full Version : whats a good way to get a lot of records?

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
05-14-2006, 06:58 PM
I have about 60 but half are underground and only about 25 are ones i could play at a party. whats a good way to acquire lots of them (obviously i could make the investment and go buy them but there has to be another way) Until now my only option has been to do it with a friend who uses cd turntables and put them into one mixer and go back and forth between cds and vynyl but i wanna branch out alone. thanks

Prolifical ENG
05-14-2006, 07:28 PM
buy all records used.....and in bulk if you can.

its just something you get through time

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
true that, ive been looking on ebay and they come in lots of like 50 but most of the records are fairly bad. i guess i just need to give it time but unfortunately vynyl is gonna be out in a few years...

Frontal Lobotomy
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Nah man, vinyl won't ever go out. The best way to mix beats is through vinyl. Right on with buying them used too, it's a mission to find the worthwhile stuff, but it's always good to keep your eyes open.

Its Big Lu baby
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
stealing is a good option

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
^^ haha like that shit in juice where they put the records in the newspaper while he spits to that beat girl..

nah i wouldnt steal only cause the record shop i go to right next to my house needs the business. they just got raided for mixtapes and lost like half of their profits right there so they need what they can get

yea, used it the way to do it unless you want the newest singles. i still hate paying 7$ for singles though, killah kuts and shit like that are better if you can find ones with good songs

i hope vynyl never dies.. using cd turntables feels wierd. the only ones i would consider are the ones that look exactly like regular ones except no needle and claim 'the feel of real vynyl (except theyre like 700$ each). For me just looking at the records is somewhat essential, sometimes at least. I never really marked records but it helps to look at the spot on the lable where the sample starts if you're juggling or something

Murdah Piff
05-15-2006, 07:34 AM
i just paid 35$ for an original 1995 purple tape cuban linx 2lp

diggin in the crates is an art, dig dig dig dig

Prolifical ENG
05-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Start playing breaks from old vinyls from the 50s and 60s. You can find those records at garage sales for a few cents.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
no doubt^

ive also got a few frank sinatra records that a few good samples to use, there's nothing like it..