05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
aight...not including solo material...only the 4 clan albums

put them lists up and i comment on them

my votes

tribe called quest
outkast

ironwizard
05-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I can't name any that I think are better, but there are some on the same level as the wu.

I agree with you on ATCQ.

I will add:
Gang Starr... actually I can't think of anyone else right now... will add some more later if they come to mind.

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I can't name any that I think are better, but there are some on the same level as the wu.

I agree with you on ATCQ.

I will add:
Gang Starr... actually I can't think of anyone else right now... will add some more later if they come to mind.

de la soul has a very ill dis. too....all their albums have been dope

graffitiwhat
05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Boot Camp Clik

Wzarecta
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
I'd say OutKast are better but for me Gang Starr, Tribe and De La are about at the same level as the Wu in terms of group albums.

TAURO
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
This thread is stupid.

ShaolinDarts
05-15-2006, 12:02 PM
None

BLACKNEFERTITI07
05-15-2006, 12:43 PM
NONE!!! WU-TANG IS THE BEST!!!!

4-Bar Killer
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, I would say if Mobb Deep only released their 4 first albums, they would be close, but not at the same level. Same goes for outkast, all except their newest release has been ill... But of course also ATCQ..

MosHigh
05-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Wu is the best group ever?

But to add-on i have to go with BCC(OGC, Black Moon, Heltah Skeltah, Cocoa Brovas...dem nigga is dope), ATCQ, and De La Soul.

Edgar Erebus
05-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Um... I was thinking for ages but I can't think of no group besides work of Public Enemy til 1994. I don't wanna be some fucking stan but Wu is definitely group of no comparison. The only group that stayed tight all their albums, all other groups slipped after few albums (honorable exception of MOP, who is now kissing 50's ass and I can't forgive them that shit).

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
outkast DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE WU

what the fuck u thinkin?

WU is the best and if gangstarr counts as a group then they up there too

BLACKNEFERTITI07
05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
nobody comes close 2 the wu. wu is the better group hands down!!!

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
outkast DOES NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE WU

what the fuck u thinkin?

WU is the best and if gangstarr counts as a group then they up there too

wtf ??

outkast has a better dis. than wu

wu had one classic

kast has 2

wu = dope albums

kast = 4

kast been holdin their fans down ..always..them dudes aint complainig like them wu fans...they know kast is holdin it down

auqumini = enter the wu

atliens >>>forever

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
wtf ??

wu had one classic

kast has 2

wu = dope albums

kast = 4

kast been holdin their fans down ..always..them dudes aint complainig like them wu fans...they know kast is holdin it down

auqumini = enter the wu

atliens >>>forever

i knew this would be ur argument

yeah they have been holdin down there fans cuz alot of there fans are 10 year old girls now

36 chambers>>>>any outkast album

4ever>>>>>>most outkast albums

aint dickridin i just think WU is better no contest

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 01:36 PM
i knew this would be ur argument

yeah they have been holdin down there fans cuz alot of there fans are 10 year old girls now

36 chambers>>>>any outkast album

4ever>>>>>>most outkast albums

aint dickridin i just think WU is better no contest

i would rather say aqu >>>36 than other way

36 sounds a lil bit dated and production wise aqui blows enter the wu out of the water anyway

aqui >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>forever

let that be said

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 01:41 PM

36 sounds a lil bit dated and production wise aqui blows enter the wu out of the water anyway

aqui >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>forever

let that be said

sorry but you made me do it :looking:

Ironman,OB4CL,Liquid Swords>>>>>anything outkast will or has ever done

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
sorry but you made me do it :looking:

Ironman,OB4CL,Liquid Swords>>>>>anything outkast will or has ever done

i said without solos - just clan shit

and by the way...aqui shits on ironman and ls...

venex
05-15-2006, 02:19 PM
!

Wu-Tality
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Outkast is good, but its also hard to compare Outkast with Wu as groups. Outkast only consists of 2 members, while Wu is 9(!) members.
Aquemini was definately dope, ATLiens and Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik too, but none of them got the classic status. Although ATLiens deserves it imo. Enter 36 is widely accepted as a classic and so is Forever so...
Wu-Tang still takes it, but Outkast definately comes close.

venex
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM

I gotta agree with luther on this one, but everyone has different opinions:dududu:

Y'all might find this crazy, but I would mention REDMAN too,

His first 3 albums are insane, he def raps ill with a crazy style!

he can go on for days, wit mad wordplay...

peace!

GhettoGnom
05-15-2006, 02:24 PM
none

honorable mentions;

C-N-N, BCC, The Plague, Extended Famm, CunninLynguists, Dead Prez, Handsome Boy Modeling School, some Geto Boys, The Coup, Gnarls Barkley.... +++++

Prolifical ENG
05-15-2006, 02:45 PM
ok, if you are comparing only group albums to each other, then

Outkast (even though no outkast album is better than 36 chambers or forvever, but they have put out more consistancy)
Tribe Called Quest
Gangstarr

Polocash7
05-15-2006, 03:06 PM

Outkast (even though no outkast album is better than 36 chambers or forvever, but they have put out more consistancy)
Tribe Called Quest
Gangstarrc/s. I would throw De La there. Little Brother is not better but they are right there

Wzarecta
05-15-2006, 03:12 PM

Exactly.

For Me:
36 Chambers>>Forever>>ATLiens>Aquemini>Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik>>>>>The W>The Love Below>Stankonia>>>>Iron Flag>Speakerboxxx

Kenny Powers
05-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Outkast is more of a duo than a group...

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 03:37 PM

aquemini shits on LS?..........hell no HELL NO!!!!!!!

it doesnt shit on ironman either

venex
05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
hmmm, no one feeling my redman option huh ? LOL

adedwutang
05-15-2006, 03:51 PM
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST=WU TANG

NO DOUBT

by the way, did they ever collab on anything,
get at me-

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
wtf ??

wu had one classic

kast has 2

wu = dope albums

kast = 4

auqumini = enter the wu

atliens >>>forever

if thats how you feel then ok

but why are you making this your personal campain?

this is all you go on about, find something original to say

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 04:00 PM

oh yeah and another reason there fans dont complain is cuz the kast fans have learned to except shitty/mediocore albums such as speakerboxx/love below

yeah i'm sayin SB/LB sucks dick and i have heard more than the singles

444trumpets
05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
None...

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 04:41 PM
aquemini shits on LS?..........hell no HELL NO!!!!!!!

it doesnt shit on ironman either

man

please stop the ls dick riding..its a good album but thats when it stops

outkast album is way more musical..production shits on LS !!! way more innovative and original....aqu is the overall bettter album - sorry - but true...the album has everything...ls aint got songs like rosa parks...no classci club anthem on ls...

ls = a good album, something around a 4.5mics

aquw = a hip hop classic

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
man

please stop the ls dick riding..its a good album but thats when it stops

outkast album is way more musical..production shits on LS !!! way more innovative and original....aqu is the overall bettter album - sorry - but true...the album has everything...ls aint got songs like rosa parks...no classci club anthem on ls...

ls = a good album, something around a 4.5mics

aquw = a hip hop classic

kid u just dont know

u just said LS wasnt as original as aquemini.........which is a stupid ass statement

and how the fuck am i dick ridin u faggot just becuz i think it's better?

and lol just becuz sumthing is very original dont mean shit sumthin can be original and still suck

yeah LS aint got no rosa parks but does aqumeini have a KILAH HILLS OR A LABELS......NO!!!!!!!! i didnt think so

if any1's ridin it's u who started this fuckin thread

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 04:51 PM
kid u just dont know

u just said LS wasnt as original as aquemini.........which is a stupid ass statement

and how the fuck am i dick ridin u faggot just becuz i think it's better?

and lol just becuz sumthing is very original dont mean shit sumthin can be original and still suck

yeah LS aint got no rosa parks but does aqumeini have a KILAH HILLS OR A LABELS......NO!!!!!!!! i didnt think so

if any1's ridin it's u who started this fuckin thread

roflamo u mad ??? i wont knock ya opinion on that but rofl at ls been better than aqui

andres verse on return of the g >>>> gzas life on LS
iam not talkin just out lyrics..iam talkin bout every thing..lyrics, flow, delivery etc..gza cant spit like that..return of the g beat >>>LS...rosa parks beat >>>LS...chookyfire beat >>>LS...sorry

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 04:56 PM
roflamo u mad ??? i wont knock ya opinion on that but rofl at ls been better than aqui

andres verse on return of the g >>>> gzas life on LS
iam not talkin just out lyrics..iam talkin bout every thing..lyrics, flow, delivery etc..gza cant spit like that..return of the g beat >>>LS...rosa parks beat >>>LS...chookyfire beat >>>LS...sorry

aint mad but u tryna say i'm ridin just cuz i think sumthins better

big boi or andre or big boi and andre put 2gether couldnt spit like gza does

LS lyrics and production>>>>>>>>>aquemini or atliens lyrics and production

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 05:01 PM
aint mad but u tryna say i'm ridin just cuz i think sumthins better

big boi or andre or big boi and andre put 2gether couldnt spit like gza does

LS lyrics and production>>>>>>>>>aquemini or atliens lyrics and production

hahahha....ls production >>>aqu ??? i know its a wu site and all that..but lol lol lol lol....thats not true

lyrical i dont know but fuck it - aqui is the better overall album...retrun of the g is a better opener than ls and chookyfire a better closer than bible...rosa parks and slump hit the clubs and the car...da art of storytellin >>> killa hills...i could go on and on..ls is the same shit all the album through..bible aside but that shit aint even gza...and maybe labes aside...lol them songs are all the same...does gza have anything to say ??

and andre is a better mc than gza anway imo

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
hahahha....ls production >>>aqu ??? i know its a wu site and all that..but lol lol lol lol....thats not true

lyrical i dont know but fuck it - aqui is the better overall album...retrun of the g is a better opener than ls and chookyfire a better closer than bible...rosa parks and slump hit the clubs and the car...da art of storytellin >>> killa hills...i could go on and on..ls is the same shit all the album through..bible aside but that shit aint even gza...and maybe labes aside...lol them songs are all the same...does gza have anything to say ??

and andre is a better mc than gza anway imo

if bible aint a good closer get the version of LS where i gotcha back is the closer which would beat outkasts closer

so i gotcha back, swordsman, gold, bible, cold world, livin in the world today,labels, killah hills, liquid swords, 4th chamber, and investigative reports are all the same

^^^if u actually listened these songs are very different from eachother he just breaks'em down using the same dark rugged metaphorical vibe

by calling all those songs the same u obviously dont know what u talkin about

ShaDynasty
05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
EPMD
ATCQ
DE LA SOUL

EPMD made 4 classic albums, a perfect legacy (i havent heard their reunion joints, and don't want to)
the other 2 are on the same level

R3beLuTionAry
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Living Legends without a doubt

pussy-with-teeth
05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
if bible aint a good closer get the version of LS where i gotcha back is the closer which would beat outkasts closer

so i gotcha back, swordsman, gold, bible, cold world, livin in the world today,labels, killah hills, liquid swords, 4th chamber, and investigative reports are all the same

^^^if u actually listened these songs are very different from eachother he just breaks'em down using the same dark rugged metaphorical vibe

by calling all those songs the same u obviously dont know what u talkin about

come on

ls, 4th chamer, gold, swordman, shadowboxing ...them joints are all the same talk

bible (i dont count that), labels and maybe cold world...only different shit on the album...

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
come on

ls, 4th chamer, gold, swordman, shadowboxing ...them joints are all the same talk

bible (i dont count that), labels and maybe cold world...only different shit on the album...

lol have u listened to swordsman? that shit is unlike anything ive heard

"wizards warlocks spooks and holy ghosts rza lets defraud the hoax"

gold is storytelling at it's finest "under the subway waitin for the train to make noise so i can blast a nigga and his boys"

4th chamber is something i dont even know what u call it but it's mad different it's like battle ryhmes crazy slang and knowledge 2gether in 1 verse

liquid swords is just str8 up ill ass battle ryhmes sumthing that outkast never does or atleast never well

shadowboxing is dope meta4's punches and battle ryhmes (his style)

and why not count bible it's only fair we are disputing a solo album to a duo so why not include bible.

and dont 4get killah hills investigative reports and i gotcha back those are also all different concepts just using the same style and i think that's confusing you style and concepts are 2 different things

i never really hear outkast using battle ryhmes which isnt bad but u seem to be hatin on GZA for it

Bedlam
05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Pussy, we understand that you don't like GZA, and you think alot of people are better. But alot of people disagree with your opinions.

But doing this shit ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" in every fucking thread gets a little old. We know where you stand. Most people think LS has better production than Aquemini (IMO Mamacita and Yall Scared have pretty boring beats). But going "rofl, rosa parks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gza's life" or some shit like that in everythread isn't gonna change anyone's opinion.

THE W
05-15-2006, 06:25 PM
in the words of u-god:

"WU is #1"

zeppelin2k
05-15-2006, 06:52 PM
NONE!!! WU-TANG IS THE BEST!!!!
yup

deadlymelody
05-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Funny how this seems to be only a Wu Tang and Outkast argument when in reality it goes like this

1.Wu
2.Gangstarr
3.ATCQ
4.Outkast

Outkast's ATLiens and Aquemini are not overrated albums but with pussy with teeth saying these albums are greater than GZA's life and other foolishness like that, you could say they are.

tical2000
05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
WU TANG CLAN is the greatest group of all time

1.Wu Tang
2.A Tribe Called Quest
3.Outkast
4.Public Enemy
5.Gangstarr
6.Mobb Deep
7.NWA
8.Hieroglyphics
9.Boot Camp Click
10.De La Soul

......probably missing some here....best that I can think of on the spot

INF
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
How did this thread reach 47 post and other threads are staying in the teens that are actually bringing interesting info(not only mine, I aint hatin). I just dont see this being vital seeing as how we all come here out of love and respect for tha Wu anyway. This is like having a thread called "who loves wu-tang". IDK.....possibly I'm bored and just trippin...... Nawwwww. I'm bout tired of this ish on tha real and thats bad cuz I'm all about peace and balance. I know we have to have BS threads but uh.....yeah.

None.:king:

Definitive X
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
atliens >>>forever

Agreed...if they had kept the first disc, added "Triumph", "Heaterz", "Impossible", and "Hellz Wind Staff", it could've been the illest album ever made...

Cm0ney
05-15-2006, 07:54 PM
pussy with teeth might be the biggest wu tang hater in this forum

HipHophead101
05-15-2006, 07:56 PM
atcq >>>>>>> wu

IMO of course

Longbongcilvaringz
05-16-2006, 04:22 AM

let that be said

all i can do is laugh. "aqui blow it out of the water", lol.

mobb deep (not really a group) and J5 are on a similar level i think.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-16-2006, 04:25 AM

ROFLMAO, this made my day.

pussy-with-teeth
05-16-2006, 04:48 AM
ROFLMAO, this made my day.

just speakin the truth yo

Longbongcilvaringz
05-16-2006, 04:56 AM
k man, gotta respect your opinion i guess.

but it aint the truth though, just like my opinion isnt.

cap
05-16-2006, 07:38 AM
to me,the only group that comes close is LITTLE BROTHER.
but the wu is still my favourite group.

cap
05-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I gotta agree with luther on this one, but everyone has different opinions:dududu:

Y'all might find this crazy, but I would mention REDMAN too,

His first 3 albums are insane, he def raps ill with a crazy style!

he can go on for days, wit mad wordplay...

peace!

HE SAID GROUPS U STUPID FUCK.
EZEL

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
people who think their opinions equal facts are retarded

staycreepin_n_silence
05-16-2006, 12:17 PM
^^^too true, see in all actuallity peoples opinion that wu tang clan is the greatest rap group is often held as a truth instead of an opinion. Seriously in my opinion they aren't and that's truth enough for me

groups in rap? or all music genre? well I think you mean just hiphop and it depends on mood. Wu tang isn't the greatest rap group of all times. In my opinion it's only about 4 or so that's in the top 100 and most of them are named before they reach 50 counting down from 100. But I like wu and I won't go any further in to detail because hiphop is about feeling and i don't feel that as a group they are as good as they should be. Wu tang are a good rap group but you have to understand my views on hiphop and it's not pretty. wu tang in this day and age have feel off and back. Tribe call quest fell off and back and other GROUPS not duos but GROUPS that fell off and back. I take that back I don't think it's a better group I think they all are good at their art.

And to you misunderstood muthafuckas A GROUP IS 3 OR MORE NOT 2 OR MORE

A GROUP IS THREE AND MORE NOT TWO AND MORE
A GROUP IS THREE AND MORE NOT TWO AND MORE

a DUO IS 2 ARTIST A GROUP IS THREE. A COUPLE IS TWO, WHEN YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR GIRL IT'S NOT A GROUP EVENT LOL. Just informing the misunderstood that exempts gangstarr

Hayabusa
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
people who think their opinions equal facts are retarded
I'm so sick of PWT actin like his opinion is truth it don't make no damn sense. He needs to shut the fuck up about his opinion being the book of hip hop and let others believe w/e the fuck they want to. Me personally Gimme De La,Wu, and ATCQ all day everyday over outkast... Hell I'd take Gangstarr and Oraganized Konfusion too. I'm from the south so there is no way that i'm biased against outkast. They just not my cup of tea and I'd rather listen to Soul Food from Goodie Mob over any of they albums.

THE W
05-16-2006, 05:46 PM

liquid swords is straight lyrics

4th chamber and shadowboxin are too being that they're posse cuts and usually wu posse cuts are just lyrical exhibitions.

gold he's talking about organized crime and failed sting operations.

swordsmen he's talking about his dealings with religion and finding knowledge of self.

not exactly the same things.

GENERAL WISE
05-16-2006, 06:31 PM
none, but if you count DEATH ROW RECORDS as a group ( i mean pac/snoop/dre/warreng/nate/etc) and tribe called quest are close IMO

Wzarecta
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I agreed OutKast were better in my opinion in terms of group albums but I really don't see Aquemini as better than Liquid Swords. LS is strong all the way through whereas Mamacita and Y'all Scared aren't great and a few of the other tracks (Rosa Parks, Skew it on the Bar-B, West Savannah) aren't as good in my opinion as most on LS.

Orion Nebulus
05-16-2006, 08:24 PM

Agreed. Wu will always be my fav group....but Little Brother is dope as hell right now. Their albums are just pure hiphop. Gangstarr, De la soul, Tribe called quest will always have a place as one of my favs also.

tical2000
05-16-2006, 08:57 PM

everyone has their own opinions.....but you sir are a fuckin idiot for saying that

little brother close to WU TANG.....has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read someone write down in this forum......

not even in the same ballpark......not in the same universe

Classic
05-16-2006, 11:39 PM
D4L, son.
Laffy Taffy >>> Liquid Swords.
Yeah, sarcasm.

markd4213
05-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Outcast is not on the same level as the wu but tribe, gangstarr, boot camp click are respectable groups. I think outcast sucks they are too pop type mainstream to be compared to wu tang. As for the greatest groups of all time it goes 1. Wu Tang 2. Boogie Down Productions 3. Eric b and Rakim 4. NWA 5. Gangstarr 6. Public Enemy 7. A tribe called quest 8. DITC 9. Dialated Peoples 10. EPMD or Geto boys

{Godly}
05-17-2006, 12:53 AM
No group no matter what can compete with wu tang. Every member ALMOST every killa bee is on point and consistently puts out atleast GOOD albums

Jeru
05-17-2006, 07:30 AM
liquid swords is straight lyrics

4th chamber and shadowboxin are too being that they're posse cuts and usually wu posse cuts are just lyrical exhibitions.

gold he's talking about organized crime and failed sting operations.

swordsmen he's talking about his dealings with religion and finding knowledge of self.

not exactly the same things.

Shadowboxin', a posse cut?It was just Meth and Gza.

Funk_Dock
05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
strange how, before pwt made all these outkasts threads we never heard SHIT about them, and now people are saying theyre no.1

i think some of you guys are too easily influenced

Ya_Bane
05-17-2006, 08:51 AM
C'mon wise, Pac, Snoop, Dre, Warren G and Nate have never had a group as far as I know.... lol, would have been pretty dope though..

THE W
05-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Shadowboxin', a posse cut?It was just Meth and Gza. you are correct

i stand corrected

pussy-with-teeth
05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
strange how, before pwt made all these outkasts threads we never heard SHIT about them, and now people are saying theyre no.1

i think some of you guys are too easily influenced

naw man.... i dont know bout that but on the real..andre 3000 is one of the best lyricsts ever....i dont even need to talk bout his flow and delivery....i think mad people know where his skills are

JackTrippa718JR
05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
THE FU SCHNICKENS son!

Im a true WHAT I am a true fu schnick!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
nobody comes close 2 the wu. wu is the better group hands down!!!

TRUE TRUE

The clan is unique.

Kong
05-17-2006, 08:39 PM
none but onyx are close.