Bugsy Radio Skit
I Own America Part 2
CEO Outro
We Turn It On
La Di Da Di (Live)
The Show (Live)
Released: May 25th, 1999
Label: Def Jam

This is Rick's latest album, I consider this his second best. Ofcourse he couldnt ever top his debut album, but he comes pretty close. Especially the beginning of the album grasped me with blazing tracks like Kill Niggas, Street Talkin and Me and Nas. A little too much tracks on here too, shame there's filler on here like Trapped by me and Impress the Kid......

Very, very nice cameo with Raekwon too, same goes for Unify with Snoop Dogg and We Turn It On with Doug E. Fresh

This album is a lovely laid back listen with a relaxed Slick Rick flowing over laid back beats. Flow and lyrics 9/10. Beats 8/10.

Total 8.5/10

Claustrofobic
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Crap Wrong Section!

Foxxx-Mulder
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Crap Wrong Section!
ahahahah how many times did you mistaken the Section :picture:

Foxxx-Mulder
05-15-2006, 03:57 PM
ahahah finaly the right Section. I like Slick Rick and his albums, one of my favourite UK rappers, he has a unique style and i like it. I agree with you that his debut was his best work so far. I wonder what happened with him? Does anyone have some current information on him?

Claustrofobic
05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Fucking 3 times lol!

ShaDynasty
05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
ahahah finaly the right Section. I like Slick Rick and his albums, one of my favourite UK rappers, he has a unique style and i like it. I agree with you that his debut was his best work so far. I wonder what happened with him? Does anyone have some current information on him?
UK rapper?
son, Ricky D aint lived in the UK since he was 7 yrs young
that bein said, a while back he was fighting deportation to the UK

sad that his latest album is 7 yrs old
aint heard this one
but i have his debut 'adventures of.........' and that was tha shit

Claustrofobic
05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
The last I heard from him personally, must have been on The Sun with Ghost & Rae, this song was on Put It on the Line from last year, I dunno if he is planning a new album, I damn sure hope so

TUCO
05-17-2006, 09:33 AM
^^^ that track was on Bulletproof Wallets....so Rick aint put out shit in a long minute
last i heard DefJam.com said he and Ghost was workin together....but that was way before Fishscale

Dough Snatcher
05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
That frozen track is pretty good...

JR...
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah I agree, great album. Kind of suprising after some unimportant releases. The Ruler's Back e.g. Frozen, Street Talkin' and Me and Nas bring it to your hardest and who rotten 'em are the best tracks on this one. 8/10

Foxxx-Mulder
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
UK rapper?
Ricky D aint lived in the UK since he was 7 yrs young
that bein said, a while back he was fighting deportation to the UK

hm i didnt know that, i havent read his bio, i just heard he's from UK

tical2000
05-20-2006, 02:50 AM
this album is sick

GhostFan
06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Slick Rick is probably my favorite rapper that came from the 80s. Yeah, even over Rakim, BDK, etc...

This album was sick but had a few flaws... was surprised that he sold pretty well for someone who was on hiatus for so long. I'd give it a ... 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

whitey
06-03-2006, 10:39 PM
slick rick is illllllll. such a different style.

i actually like this album better than the first.

one. because i think his vioce is more matured, just a personal preference thing i guess.

two. the production is just a lot better, i dont think anyone can argue with that.

'adults only' is such a great/funny song to me. booming baseline too.

bad boy T
10-02-2007, 09:23 AM
What's Slick Rick got to do with the Wu-Tang chamber Claustrofobic you idiot

claaa7
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
which wu-tang track uses the same sample as "me & nas bring it..."... fucking blackout!!

Maxxx Millisecondz
10-11-2007, 06:37 AM
i played this shit out when i got it. filler or not, i felt it was a decent release for its time. 8/10.

Durag
10-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I liked this album, i only have this and 'The Adventures...' so i dont know what his other stuff is like, but i think this album is dope

whitey
10-13-2007, 08:28 AM
really good. some of the beats could have been better.

honestly the beats on the adventures of... ruin it for me. they are just too dated. i like old school shit too. just hard for me to get into some of those corny horns and shit.

adults only is such a funny ass song, dope shit too. rick is that dude.

RynMur
09-21-2009, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't consider Trapped By Me & Impress The Kid as filler. I can listen through this entire album without skipping any songs (including the skits). Anyways, this album is even more impressive because he didn't record a studio album in eight years. He came back with a more mature flow, great stories, and nice beats. It's a shame he only made 4 albums in his career.

Standouts: Kill Niggaz, Street Talkin, Me & Nas Bring It To You The Hardest, 2 Way Street, I Run This, Frozen, Adults Only, Memories

Grade: (4.7/5) A+

The live bonus tracks make this a near classic.

CharlesJones
09-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Very disappointing album. I like the guest appearances he had and everybody came through with the tight lyrics and Slick Rick's lyrics were good but i didn't like most of the beats on this album. Adults Only song is funny.

CharlesJones
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Durag, don't even bother listening to Slick Rick's Behind Bars album because it's shitty. Sittin In My Car remix that Jermaine Dupri produced is tight but it's not on the album. I haven't heard his The Ruler's Back album. Has anybody heard that? Is it any good?

UNCLE RUCKUS
09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Durag, don't even bother listening to Slick Rick's Behind Bars album because it's shitty. Sittin In My Car remix that Jermaine Dupri produced is tight but it's not on the album. I haven't heard his The Ruler's Back album. Has anybody heard that? Is it any good?

The Rulers Back wasnt that good cause it sounded rushed and didnt have too good production. I like the track "Mistakes" though
g-M_coV8i8U