PDA

View Full Version : Water or Coke...?

blackwisdom
05-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I got this from an email...

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. And YES, these are true!!!

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of Coke:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of
Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, rap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is...
Would you like a Coke or a glass of water?

Have A Great Day and Share It With Others

People come into our lives for A Reason, A Season, or A Lifetime.

It's Up To Us To Decide!!

King Justice
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah I heard that shit about Coke is fake I think they tried that stuff on Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel and it said it was False

TeknicelStylez
05-15-2006, 05:06 PM
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, rap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

:r:r:r:r:r:r

stak84
05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
coke is the chosen beverage of satan

blackwisdom
05-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah I heard that shit about Coke is fake I think they tried that stuff on Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel and it said it was FalseOne of my co-workers said that they tried to do the breaking down of the ham thing and it was busted, but I've used the battery acid thing several times before.

Peace

Prolifical ENG
05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
the coke stuff I heard of before.

The coke thing is know widely now.

The water ones are even better and are completely true....people have headaches and feel tired when they are dehydrated. People are dehydrated and they dont even realize it.

TERRA
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
that shit reminds me of new world water by mos def

the lyrics are very interesting

INF
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Once again, Blackwisdom gives it to em raw. Good lookin out god. Also, good to see you come in gen chat. Possibly the snakes will drift away for a min or two.

Peace and mad respect to you, and all of course.

One.:picture:

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Coke is the worst thing ever..

Inspectah_Dirk
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
In the day time all i drink is water, like a few liters a day. I almost never drink soda..

RADIOACTIVE MAN
05-15-2006, 05:47 PM
interesting

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Got something worse than decaying teeth. Check this out...

Feb. 20, 2006 — Jasmine Roberts never expected her award-winning middle school science project to get so much attention. But the project produced some disturbing results: 70 percent of the time, ice from fast food restaurants was dirtier than toilet water.
The 12-year-old collected ice samples from five restaurants in South Florida — from both self-serve machines inside the restaurant and from drive-thru windows. She then collected toilet water samples from the same restaurants and tested all of them for bacteria at the University of South Florida.
In several cases, the ice tested positive for E. coli bacteria, which comes from human waste and has been linked to several illness outbreaks across the country.
"These [bacteria] don't belong there," said Dr. David Katz, medical contributor to "Good Morning America." "It's not cause for panic, although it is alarming because what she found is nothing new. You're not more likely to get sick now. But she's done us a favor by sounding the alarm."
Both Roberts and Katz said that the ice is likely dirtier because machines aren't cleaned and people use unwashed hands to scoop ice. Toilet water is also surprisingly bacteria-free, because it comes from sanitized city water supplies.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1641825&page=1

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Thank god I dont eat fastfood or drink coke or soda for that matter!

AK Spray
05-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I'll Take One Coke, Please.

arto
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
someone should youtube a video of that, showing the progress every 30 minutes or so.
nah dude, cos that'd mean taking 96 pictures. i'd say more like every 4 hours

arto
05-15-2006, 07:25 PM
oh yeah, and coke is baaaad. i make a point of drinking several glasses of water each day, even if i don't feel thirsty. i like coke, but i like to keep it in moderation too. it's really bad for you. theres like, 10 sugarcubes in a can or something moronically stupid like that.

Prolifical ENG
05-15-2006, 07:27 PM
I remember at work in the grocery store, there was a spill of Sunny Delight in the dairy/juice cooler. The spill sat there overnight and it cleaned the concrete floor....its white. I could imagine Fruitopia doing the same thing.

arto
05-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I remember at work in the grocery store, there was a spill of Sunny Delight in the dairy/juice cooler. The spill sat there overnight and it cleaned the concrete floor....its white. I could imagine Fruitopia doing the same thing.

scary to think that some people drink that stuff everyday

blackwisdom
05-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I was talking to one of the Docs downstairs about health and nutrition. She asked me what's the #1 thing that Americans can do to significantly reduce dis-ease and increase health. I didn't know the answer at the time. She told me that if we increase our water intake it would increase our overall health substantialy. It makes sense and I guess everyone's posts only adds validity to her comments. We are what we eat and drink. One more thing. Reading Why Darkness Matters: The Power of Melanin in the Brain it states that the best food for your brain is blackberries. Blackberries because they're the darkest and because the darker the berry the more antioxident it is. It works very similar to neuromelanin as an antioxident, so that's one of the reasons why it's so good for you. Just thought I'd make a plug for blackberries.

Hotep

brown_dogg
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
^^ isn't there some new shit on the market now. it's pommegranite (spelling?) juice. those things are also pretty dark, and the "health ads" say they're powerful antioxidants.

blackwisdom
05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
You also have this stuff:
http://www.nonijuice.nl/images/new_bottle.jpg
About $40.00 a Bottle

Chief 'Broom
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I was talking to one of the Docs downstairs about health and nutrition. She asked me what's the #1 thing that Americans can do to significantly reduce dis-ease and increase health. I didn't know the answer at the time. She told me that if we increase our water intake it would increase our overall health substantialy. It makes sense and I guess everyone's posts only adds validity to her comments. We are what we eat and drink. One more thing. Reading Why Darkness Matters: The Power of Melanin in the Brain it states that the best food for your brain is blackberries. Blackberries because they're the darkest and because the darker the berry the more antioxident it is. It works very similar to neuromelanin as an antioxident, so that's one of the reasons why it's so good for you. Just thought I'd make a plug for blackberries.

Hoteptart cherries too

CrazyCoCasian
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
the coke stuff I heard of before.

The coke thing is know widely now.

The water ones are even better and are completely true....people have headaches and feel tired when they are dehydrated. People are dehydrated and they dont even realize it.

Tommy Bahama thats where it's at.....
Thats all I wear.................Peace9:|6 9:|6 9:|6 9:|6 9:|6

Professor Poopsnagle
05-16-2006, 01:22 AM
1st: thanks for the post black wisdom.

a friend of mine is reading a book about coca cola and when i just had a glimpse in it but very interesting.....

coca cola is everywhere. everywhere. itīs the internationally most known word. thatīs crazy. wherever you go, coca cola.

in a 0,33 ml can are 12 pieces of sugar cubes (excuse bad english). i donīt know how you feel, but i would never drink 12 sugar cubes in water or sumthing.

during ww2 coca cola was available to every soldier for a price of 5 cent.

maybe i will post more, when i read the book.

did you see the movie "we feed the world"? if not, go and do so!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478324/

ilzPotent
05-16-2006, 05:01 AM
sea moss and water.

thank you.

Murdah Piff
05-16-2006, 07:39 AM
fuck a coke, i be sipin sunny delight, hittin every honey in sight, makin a buck off coke paul caine

Edgar Erebus
05-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Got something worse than decaying teeth. Check this out...

Feb. 20, 2006 — Jasmine Roberts never expected her award-winning middle school science project to get so much attention. But the project produced some disturbing results: 70 percent of the time, ice from fast food restaurants was dirtier than toilet water.
The 12-year-old collected ice samples from five restaurants in South Florida — from both self-serve machines inside the restaurant and from drive-thru windows. She then collected toilet water samples from the same restaurants and tested all of them for bacteria at the University of South Florida.
In several cases, the ice tested positive for E. coli bacteria, which comes from human waste and has been linked to several illness outbreaks across the country.
"These [bacteria] don't belong there," said Dr. David Katz, medical contributor to "Good Morning America." "It's not cause for panic, although it is alarming because what she found is nothing new. You're not more likely to get sick now. But she's done us a favor by sounding the alarm."
Both Roberts and Katz said that the ice is likely dirtier because machines aren't cleaned and people use unwashed hands to scoop ice. Toilet water is also surprisingly bacteria-free, because it comes from sanitized city water supplies.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1641825&page=1

Goddammit... I hope here in Europe someone follows sanity standards cuz this is awful. And to think how much of that shit I actually ate... :dead:

Soul Controller
05-16-2006, 07:49 AM
WATER all day

i aint had no fizzy shit for time

blackwisdom
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
1st: thanks for the post black wisdom.

a friend of mine is reading a book about coca cola and when i just had a glimpse in it but very interesting.....

coca cola is everywhere. everywhere. itīs the internationally most known word. thatīs crazy. wherever you go, coca cola.

in a 0,33 ml can are 12 pieces of sugar cubes (excuse bad english). i donīt know how you feel, but i would never drink 12 sugar cubes in water or sumthing.

during ww2 coca cola was available to every soldier for a price of 5 cent.

maybe i will post more, when i read the book.

did you see the movie "we feed the world"? if not, go and do so!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478324/
Thanks for the info, I'll definately check it out.

Peace

Grongle
05-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Coke is the worst thing ever..

i like it :b

HANZO
05-17-2006, 10:40 AM
interestin damn it makes me realise i only have 2-3 glasses of water a say and more than 3 cokes. Reason why i am dehydrated most of the time.

Dae Ja Nae
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Now the question is...
Would you like a Coke or a glass of water?

Have A Great Day and Share It With Others

People come into our lives for A Reason, A Season, or A Lifetime.

It's Up To Us To Decide!!

Damn ...

I sure am glad I don't drink soda .... haven't in over 11 years. H2O is definitely the best way to go ... lol ...

Peace

damaja
05-17-2006, 12:23 PM
I used to drink like 2 liters of coke a day, I was addicted to the caffeine, but then I just stopped drinking and hardly drank any for a year. I might have a coke when I am out or something, but I never buy it for home. I drink lots of water and milk.

Grongle
05-17-2006, 12:46 PM
i am addicted to the caffeine , have like 4 liters a day . i have 2 go dwn stairs n get a coke in the night lol its crazy

Razorsharp
05-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Water

Jesus Christ
05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I like to dip my fingers in water and then dip them into the coke. It spreads nicely over the tin foil that way. Oh, what were you guys talking about?

Jesus Christ
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I like to offer a bitch a coke but she has to do the lines off my cock, considering how long I am, I can only afford to let her do one line, but you'lll be surprised how many women will do it for pick me up. It usually leads to fucking, but I reccomend you have here lick your dick clean before you insert, because it will burn their vaginas, I like to see them squirm though.

Luther Large
05-17-2006, 07:54 PM
yeah ive been drinkin water

and i'm glad i dont drink coke no more

Sicka than aidZ
05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
i unno, coke will never fade me, im the terminator

Razorsharp
05-17-2006, 09:41 PM
^^in part one, he does die... LMAO LMAO LMAO

Sicka than aidZ
05-18-2006, 12:47 AM
in part 2, he reigns supreme, thats me, untouchable

ØDESSA
05-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Water is healthier.

J-Cee
05-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Water..the healthy choice

CherChezLaMarauder
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
i urine water

maestro wooz
05-24-2006, 02:45 AM
sure water's healthier but it doesnt go as good with a sandwich or pizza

Funk_Dock
05-24-2006, 05:54 AM
sure water's healthier but it doesnt go as good with a sandwich or pizza

yeh thats right. i only have coke when im out at a restaurant or somethin, besides that i drink alot of water every day, gives u a faster metabolism.

noel411
05-24-2006, 06:24 AM
"OH NO!!! I'M NEVER GONNA DRINK COKE AGAIN!!!"

Ha, that's fucken pathetic. It's sad that human beings are so mindless, easily swayed, and dependent on the opinions of others, that a ridiculous technique of persuasion like that actually "wows" some people.

That whole list of coke "facts" can be summed up in one sentence..."Coke contains some properties that are moderately corrosive and may be used as a mild cleaning agent". But why say that when you have the opportunity to really ram it down simple minded fools' throats through the use of exageration and a "surreptitious" repetition of the same points?

ilzPotent
05-24-2006, 06:26 AM
i don't drink soda.....

you shouldn't either, its one of the reasons people self combust.

CEITEDMOFO
05-24-2006, 06:32 AM
How Does One Self Combust

Water Is The Best

Murdah Piff
05-24-2006, 10:51 AM
iced tea with henny is the best thats that brown water

Inspectah_Dirk
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Self combustion is a myth :p

BLACKNEFERTITI07
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
H2O I DRINK IT EVERYDAY. IT'S SO GOOD AND VERY HEALTHY 4 U.

hectis
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
coke Fucks Ur Stomach Up But Coke And Pepsi Were Once Sold In Pharmacies As Medicine For An Upset Stomach

I LIKE WATER A LOT BETTER BUT I STILL DRINK COKE

CherChezLaMarauder
05-24-2006, 12:49 PM
breast milk