PDA

View Full Version : Got a fucking annoying problem, somebody please help me..

4-Bar Killer
05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Aight, so here's the deal. Recently, my computer crashed, and I basically lost everything, so I'm using my pops computer. I had all my music on my comp, and had that on my Ipod, but recently I bought like 20 cd's, and I wanna be able to hear them on my Ipod. So I just started to copy all my cd's to my pops computer.. Then, when I'm done, I found out that he don't have the same cable-entrance as me, so I can't connect my Ipod to his computer.. Luckily, I finds out that I have an usb cable for my Ipod, and puts it in.. My Ipod was not installed with using an usb cable, but I thought I could install it on my pops computer.. So I connected it.. At first nothing happened, but then it said that "software doesn't work".. Then, it started to install something, and asked if I wanted to put the music from the new libary on my ipod, and delete the libary that I had on my iPod.. So it starts, completes like 10 songs, and then the ipod just turns off.. I don't know what the fuck is wrong, but the ipod works, but every song is gone.. And I tried to connect it again, but it won't work.. Does anybody know what to do? Cause my old computer is first back in like 2 weeks..

any help would be highly appreciated, thanks..

Grongle
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
ahhhhh i have had the same problem , just wait till u get your pc bk n reload it all bk on , it iz point less puttin all your music on the ova pc

WARPATH
05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
First of all what kind of iPod are using?

My only suggestion is to connect to the internet and update your computers iPod software. Then connect you iPod and let the the software look for updates for iPod and update that shit.

It also could be connectivity or driver issue with your usb port. Try using a different usb port on your pop's computer.

4-Bar Killer
05-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I got that old ipod, the 20 gb one.. but thanks for the help.. rep

CherChezLaMarauder
05-16-2006, 02:14 PM
i don't understand why you're going thru this bullshit. my laptop is a piece of shit but im still able to instanll my ITunes and upload any CD into my Nano. If you're having problems accomplishing this little feat then you better obtain a new desktop

4-Bar Killer
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
i don't understand why you're going thru this bullshit. my laptop is a piece of shit but im still able to instanll my ITunes and upload any CD into my Nano. If you're having problems accomplishing this little feat then you better obtain a new desktop

that's not the problem.. See, when I bought mine, which is like 2 years ago, I had to choose if I wanted to use usb, or this other cable thing.. Like, I had to make like 10-15 settings for the iPod, something that my friend when he got his, didn't have to do.. I had to write all these codes and shit.. This is the old ipod, the 20 gb, they don't make them anymore.. So it wont work with anything else than that weird cable obviously..

Right.
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I got fucking anoying problems too on this website.

Kong
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
i got a 30gb its only usb i got a i pod updater thing with it i had to install.

Professor Poopsnagle
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM
ok, if the songs are gone anyway ----> re-install or update software, try again.

or better than asking in this forum ----> search google! i bet there are at least 3 ppl who had the same prob as you and already got an anser!

good luck.

4-Bar Killer
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
yeah I try that software thing.. thanks..