PDA

View Full Version : Killa Beez - The Swarm

Leo Angel
05-17-2006, 07:48 AM
I can't believe there is no thread concerning Killa Bees - The Swarm album (1998), one of the certified Wu classics, which introduced us a handful of talented Wu Affiliates.

01. Intro
02. Royal Fam - The Legacy 5/5
03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle 5/5
04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant 4,5/5
05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S. 4/5
06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them 5/5
07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories 4/5
08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All 5/5
09. Black Knights & Nothstar - Punishment 4/5
10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards 4,5/5
11. The Beggaz - On The Strength 5/5
12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch 4/5
13. Remedy - Never Again 5/5
14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven? 5/5
15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality 5/5
16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting 3,5/5

One of the most underrated albums ever, it's at least 9/10, but I personally rank it 9,5/10...

MosHigh
05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I agree...this album was dope!

TAURO
05-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes this album was bangin, but I think many people here do recognise it's greatness.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Its Is Mad Dope My Joint Is "and Justice 4 All" And "excute Them" Are Both Classic Cuts Right There

ukarema
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
shyt is in my car cd changer right now.

dat MF
05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Why is every good album a classic?

abasi
05-18-2006, 10:31 AM
its not a classic
only a very good album

ukarema
05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Why is every good album a classic?

This album for me became a classic after like 6 years of not listening to it and then popppin in my whip again. For the simple fact that alot of wu-fam members made there debut off this album. And after hearing some of there more recent material and you pop in the swarm. You can do the knowledge and appreciate the shit they was spittin on here cuz it was raw. Plus the era that it dropped back in 98 where most of the core wu members were venturing off into otha shit. RZA just started fuckin with other sounds and channeling his bobby digital persona. ODB was fuckin with the neptunes, Method Man started to become 'hollywood' so on and so fourth. But it still shows you on this album how raw each track was whether it'd be a wu-fam member of core member. I think this was a pivotal album @ that point in time.

Leo Angel
07-24-2006, 09:47 AM
I was listening to this album a lot lately and some songs grew on to me. Especially "Cobra Clutch". Although it has a bit annoying sample sounding similar to word "knifes" in Polish, Ghost's flow on this track is just superb. I wish he would rap like this nowadays... Overall 4,5/5 track. Song "Punishment" also grew on to me, now it's like 4,5/5. The Swarm is now definetaly 9,5/10 album. Classic joints on this: "'97 Mentality" (RZA beat is outta this world, Cappa kills it and Ghost brings fire with the chorus), "Where Was Heaven?" (the best Wu-Syndicate track, beat is awesome and lyrics are deep like the Pacific Ocean), "Never Again" (the best Remedy track, very dope beat, I hope that some poeple got education from this track), "On The Strength" (another incredible beaep and very deep lyrics), "Concrete Jungle" (yeah, vintage Wu Banga, Sunz and Timbo rip it), "And Justice 4 All" (siiick Wu-Tang/Killarmy collabo, beat is classic Bobby Digital), "Execute Them" (grimey beat, Wu Generals shine on this as bright as sun) & "Bastards" (classic piano loop and dope rap by Ruthless Bastards). I wonder what has happened to some of the artists included on the CD... Like A.I.G., The Beggaz or Ruthless Bastards. They clearly got some potential:i

McTom
07-24-2006, 10:01 AM
this album really has to grow on you... i hated it at first, but i love it now... i feel all the songs except that wu-syndicate shit

Kriszy Substance
07-24-2006, 04:43 PM
ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
have 'em runnin' quick
Uppercuts is what we coming with
Fuck the government
I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
Never love a bitch
Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.

Hollow Dartz
07-24-2006, 04:58 PM
When I first heard it, I was like man this shit weak, but then like a week later...I was into this shit.

Punch
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
this album is not classic. I refuse to put this album into the same league as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Ironman.....

It's an ok album, it seems like a collection of leftovers. AT least one classic song(Cobra Clutch- Genius!) If you had never heard Wu before that album I can see how it could be a personal classic.

But I think that there should be some objective sense of what is truly classic, and this is not.

LORD ZERO
07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Classic, Nuff Said

Leo Angel
07-25-2006, 03:02 AM
this album is not classic. I refuse to put this album into the same league as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Ironman.....

It's an ok album, it seems like a collection of leftovers. AT least one classic song(Cobra Clutch- Genius!) If you had never heard Wu before that album I can see how it could be a personal classic.

But I think that there should be some objective sense of what is truly classic, and this is not.

Surely The Swarm is not on the same level as 36 Chambers, OB4CL, Liquid Swords or Ironman, but still it's a Wu banga. It's in the same league as The Pillage, The Last Shall Be First or Heist Of The Century. I don't agree that Cobra Clutch is the only classic song on here, what about '97 Mentality alone??

Punch
07-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Surely The Swarm is not on the same level as 36 Chambers, OB4CL, Liquid Swords or Ironman, but still it's a Wu banga. It's in the same league as The Pillage, The Last Shall Be First or Heist Of The Century. I don't agree that Cobra Clutch is the only classic song on here, what about '97 Mentality alone??

Ok I'll give you 97 Mentality

The album is good, but not classic. That word gets thrown around too freely, making it meaningless.

THE W
07-25-2006, 10:49 AM
a bangin album in my estimation.

hiphop classic?...HELL NO! personal classic?....nah.

THE W
07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
poll

Hellspawn
07-26-2006, 06:05 AM
ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
have 'em runnin' quick
Uppercuts is what we coming with
Fuck the government
I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
Never love a bitch
Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.

^^co-sign

Hollow Dartz
07-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Where is the Intro track?
01. Intro
02. Royal Fam - The Legacy 5/5
03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle 5/5
04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant 5/5
05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S. 4.5/5
06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them 5/5
07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories 3/5
08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All 4.5/5
09. Black Knights & Nothstar - Punishment 4/5
10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards 4,5/5
11. The Beggaz - On The Strength 4.5/5
12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch 4.5/5
13. Remedy - Never Again 4.5/5
14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven? 4.5/5
15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality 5/5
16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting 2/5

Overall 4.5/5 Man someone stole my uncles cd car player and this cd happened to be in there so I gotta buy a new one.

rubyspirit
08-06-2006, 02:51 AM
two thumbs up! ^O^

LORD ZERO
08-09-2006, 02:28 AM
My Favs On This Joint Were:
97 Mentality
Cobra Clutch
Punishment
Fatal Sting
Bronx War Stories
Co-defendants
Execute Them
The Legacy

All Classic Bangaz Right There

beautifulrock
02-11-2007, 01:09 PM
am i the only 1 who thinks shoot on sight SOS is the absolute shit, when i 1st heard it i had to play it back like 10 times street and deck are fucking sick
oh yeah and 97 mentality is in my top 10....of favorite wu songs....ever

IRAN
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
My Favs On This Joint Were:
97 Mentality
Cobra Clutch
Punishment
Fatal Sting
Bronx War Stories
Co-defendants
Execute Them
The Legacy

All Classic Bangaz Right There

What about Bastard?? Thats a fucking classic!! I fucking love that song.

ironwizard
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
am i the only 1 who thinks shoot on sight SOS is the absolute shit, when i 1st heard it i had to play it back like 10 times street and deck are fucking sick
oh yeah and 97 mentality is in my top 10....of favorite wu songs....ever

Word, SOS is my favorite track on the album. I really like this album, itīs grimey as hell.

I remember when I first got it (this was actually my first wu-related album btw), I couldnīt really get into it. I was also pretty new to hiphop at that point. I felt it was too dirty sounding, it felt amateurish and not catchy, lol! (yeah, I know). Now, I love it for all those reasons. It certainly has to grow on you, but to a lesser extent when youīre used to this type of hiphop.

I wouldnīt rate it a classic, as so many on this site does. Itīs a great album. But alot of the lyrics donīt have enough depth to qualify as classic material.
I also donīt think that alot of the killa bees are talented enough. Not that theyīre bad, but compared to the generals, theyīre nothing specials.

Iīll rate this album 9/10, and a lot of that goes to the beats alone. To me the best tracks are the ones with the core members on them. I love the sound of the album, it has that pure wu-tang vibe that I love, so fucking grimey.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Classic..

abasi
02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
The album is a personal classic , I like Punishment and Fatal Sting the Black Knights and North Star both shined on those songs. Rip Doc Doom

Masta Chilla
02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
why is the "the legacy" described as a track from A.I.G on tha cover?

Leo Angel
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
why is the "the legacy" described as a track from A.I.G on tha cover?

Wu always had problem with back covers, just look at Liquid Swords or Bulletproof Wallets:frusty:

pep
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Bangin that shit right now..build with me man....did timbo kill the legacy or what?? Where the flck is SUNZ?????? In the jungle, we rumble with the beast ya dig????? Ain't nothin sweet we gotta eat.....

L~>1<~NKS
04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
^^^ My fav track on that mic and one of the illest compilations ever.... Royal Fam kilt it too on track 2, plus that beat was crazy.

Sunz of Man was that clique and mah fav out of the Killa Beez next to Killa Army.

GoodFella_BadGuy
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
My ish was Co-Defendants & Bastards, loved Legacy too. Actually I love the whole thing

FatherSl!me
04-24-2007, 08:58 PM
i agree 100%. sunz of man is da best group off wu. royal fam is my second fav though. dat entire LP was da shit. they should have kept all them crews on there. wu should have at least held on 2 A.I.G. them dudes are ill as fuck

the silencer
04-24-2007, 10:51 PM
i love Legacy too but i thought it wasnt Timbo....its listed as A.I.G.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
04-24-2007, 10:57 PM
best track on there is justice for all,and yes,this is one of the best compilations ever

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
'97 Mentality was the greatest joint on that album.

Hellspawn
04-25-2007, 03:21 AM
half the LP is off the hook, the first tracks are fire; "In the jungle", "the legacy", "justice for all" and dont forget "NYC everything".

The 7th
04-25-2007, 04:15 AM
I was gonna say where was heaven Wu syndicates, on the strengths was also good and man, Timbo king's verse on legacy is timeless, however i will give punishment by black knights and Northstar, porduced by mathematics, did you hear holocaust's verse there? i think northstar should team up with black knights for an album

RAMESH
04-25-2007, 04:48 AM
the whole cd is classic

Durag
04-25-2007, 06:35 AM
the whole cd is classic

Ya for cert. Its a lot better than the sting and Wu chronicles chapter 2

Erquel
04-25-2007, 09:01 AM
On The Strenght
what happened to the Beggas?

Hellspawn
04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
On The Strenght

they still do their thing
here's their forum, they build with people alot:
http://beggaooh.proboards61.com/

RADIOACTIVE MAN
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
i think northstar should team up with black knights for an album
they had an album together fully produced by rza,mathematics and 4th disciple which was shelfed back when wutang records existed

Leo Angel
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
classic album, in my top ten hip-hop albums ever

best tracks (no order):
97' Mentality
Concrete Jungle
And Justice For All
On The Strength
Where Was Heaven
Never Again
Punishment
Cobra Clutch
... fuck, whole album is a complete classic.
they have to release Vol. III in 2007 or 2008 (like "The Hive" or something..) with songs on the level of Beretta 9's "Heaven & Hell 2005" (CLASSIC, only flaw? Ffeemurda's verse, ihe should have been replaced by Killa Sin:mmmyah: ). Line up would be like this: Wu Generals, Sunz Of Man, Killarmy, Royal Fam, Northstar, Black Knights, Streetlife, La The Darkman, Cappadonna, Shabbazz The Disciple, Bronze, Cilvaringz etc. etc. with Wu Elements production. it would be just:king: IMO

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-25-2007, 10:54 AM
yeah i agree

my fav. is Bastards..its even a hiphop classic as i hear

The 7th
04-25-2007, 11:49 AM
they had an album together fully produced by rza,mathematics and 4th disciple which was shelfed back when wutang records existed

Word? thats one of the greatest injustice RZA done to us, those albums, Tekitha wisdom body, Black knights and Northstar? my god, that would be classic! maths and 4th were at their best then too,

FatherSl!me
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
dam dat fuckin sucks. from what i hear on all of these wu forums, theres a shit load of albums from killa beez that have been shelved. that aint right at all.
On The Strenght
u should support this right here if u like the beggaz. shit is ill http://www.oohwebpages.com/changingclassics1.htm
half the LP is off the hook, the first tracks are fire; "In the jungle", "the legacy", "justice for all" and dont forget "NYC everything".
NYC Everything? dats on bobby digitals album. u must have them mixed up. its cool. dats another classic as well

i love Legacy too but i thought it wasnt Timbo....its listed as A.I.G.
dats weird. i still got dat LP & mine says royal fam. did it get rereleased at some point?

BigR
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
It's labeled as AIG on mine as well. Mine is the version with the Skits on each track

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
ABSOLUTE CLASSIC MATERIAL

for real, I listened to this last two years more than to any other Wu album...

SID
04-26-2007, 11:07 AM
the swarm is 100% DOPENESS

buckshotstheone
05-08-2007, 11:05 PM
'97 Mentality was the greatest joint on that album.

i couldn't agree more, that joint got me feeling cappadonna, after that shit i had to go back to ironman and really listen to his shit, then i understood all his crazy ass slang

"watch how the slang hits you, just like a fat kid".......ooooh that line is dirty, hahaha dude is like kobe with that line and that ball went swish from half court

Paranoid
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Um
Cobra Clutch 5/5
S.O.S 5/5

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-02-2007, 02:52 PM
a dope banger ! ! !

bad boy T
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
J diller is he dead man ?

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 09:24 PM
slammin album.. some of my fave tracks from it are..

the legacy
execute them..
and justice for all
'97 mentality

Suga Duga
07-25-2007, 06:24 AM
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

D-Infinite
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Definitely need a 3rd Killa Beez collabo, need to get all the affiliate posses, The Wisemen, Killarmy, Royal Fam, Black Knights (or West Coast Killa Beez), North Star, Two On The Road, Sunz Of Man, Theodore Unit (anyone know why Solomons Child, Kryme Life, DU Lilz & Twiz left?), Ice Water Inc (don't rate them too much though). Maybe some LA The Darkman, Streetlife, Cappa?

Beats by Cilvaringz, Bronze Nazareth, 4th Disciple, Truemaster, Mathematics, Moongod Allah.

Hotness.

Mel Gibstein
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Top 10-15 in albums I ever bought. I LOVE this fucking album so much. I bought it the day it was released in tower records. Played the shit so much it got mega scratched after a few years. Bought it again and someone stole it :( Now I can't fucking find it anywhere except e-bay and I don't wanna make an account there for one cd. Imma keep looking. If anyone here wants to let one go I'll pay top dollar for it, used or not.

portis24
03-27-2008, 10:00 AM
love hearing this album in the summertime my favorites are execute them,co-defendants,and and justice for all

Surreptitious
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
its not a classic
only a very good album

co-sign

RustyFangz
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
So are the beggaz wu-killa beez? I mean they are on "killa beez"-the swarm but I don't ever hear them mentioned.

Hollow Dartz
04-20-2008, 03:36 PM
It's Sunday I'm off work today, so I'll review......

01. Intro
02. Royal Fam - The Legacy
Great opening track by Timbo King, he straight rips this shit. Beat is crazy especially that bass. Lyrics are crazy on here also. His second verse is on some geographical shit that sounds hot. 5/5
03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle
This track got me into Sunz of Man after I heard it on my uncles mixtape. The beat is just crazy Timbo king opens it up nice and short then Prodigal Sunn just destroys it. Hell Razah comes in and spits nice lines back and forth, dropping that knowledge but making it sound hot. "we be the underground childs, mainstream now, sorta like apocalypse Blow Blow" That shit hot. 60 Sec. even comes in and kills the track. "you in the jungle....jungle boogie!" That shit gets me amped, this has to be top 5 on this cd. 5/5
04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant
I remember when I first copped this cd in 8th Grade and i was listen to this with my mom , we both were like this shit is wack. But this track grew on us like crazy. I love this shit, Shyheim comes in hard the first line " I'm an N.W.A. with a 19 shot Glizzy, I'm more thug than krayzie, layzie, flesh, wish & Bizzy" Straight hard, he went hard the whole track. Hell Razah is crazy on here with his Sunz of Man flow "I role with playa haters, down with mad rappers, out to put the gat to anybody playing actor" hot line. Shyheim ends the track "I'm all about the hundred dolla bills nigga what, if shorty pussy to big I stick it in her but" straight RAW! The beat itself is crazy, I don't even know how Rza came up with this shit. I be zoned out on this track, i wish they let it ride out a lil loner, still a crazy track though..... 5/5
05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S.
At first this beat wasn't listenable to me but it grew on me like crazy. i think Streetlife came harder than Deck on this one. Don't get me wrong though Deck still spits that heat on here. Streetlife flow on here is crazy on his opening lines. "Flash a Wu Sign to see if my comrades is in here" that's a dope line. 4.5/5
06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them
I love this shit right here, Everybody comes hard on here. Hook is hot. Raekwon opens this shit up nice and smooth, his lyrics were getting at their peak around that time. Masta Killa is crazy on here with his memorable verse "Bless him with a c-note, throw him over boat, split his stomach so the body won't float" Crazy..that's my favorite line from that verse. Inspectah Deck is wild, he delivers one of his best verses on this track, it just sound crazy how he just brings it hard, the beat it just crazy itself with the kung-fu sample in da track, that's dope I love that sound in the back too. 5/5
07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories
I never really felt this track like that. It grew on me a lil bit. It's a banger nothing more, nothing less. I wasn't really into the beat like that IDK what it was. The lyrics on here are Raw though, I know Darkim is on the track I forgot the other guys name... 4/5
08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All
This shit took a long time to grow on a nigga, Islord delivers one of the worst verses in Wu-Camp history. Killa Sin and Dom Pachino drop a nuke on this track, they both bought that heat. Bobby Digital is pretty dope on this track, but Method Man makes his time memorable "Full-Metal jackets cause some gots to have it, killa bee killed only time will reveal" "John blaze flammable when under pressure.......(every line after that)" Is crazy and one his best verses. Islord follows up so horrible, 9th Prince's little cameo was better than that verse. 4.5/5
08. The Beggaz - On The Strength
I don't really know alot of info about these cats but they delivered. Beat is nice on here not to hype, not too calm and that's how they come. 5/5
09. Black Knights & Nothstar
I don't like Holocaust but once again he rips this shit. I love the hook on this track too. Christbearer kinda kills the momentum but not too much but Doc Doom(R.I.P.) follows up crazy..."Atrocity, let it pour acid rain upon your compound,Chaotically, the Black Knights, we move robotically,Lyrically perform labotamy on your biology" Meko ends it cool. 4.5/5
10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards
I think this was the original beat for "Ghost Deni" but these cats used it nice. I don't really got alot of Info on these guys, but they all bring it hard. 4/5
12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch
You know Ghostface had to get a solo track, he's crazy on here, he's defintely on some Supreme Clientele shit on this one "Ghost will keep shining to the Sun Bust" Whoa...dope shit...he delivers line after line, the video is funny too...5/5
13. Remedy - Never Again
Even one of the weaker Killa Beez bring heat on this one right here, I saw the movie where this was sampled from also I forgot the name. You can feel the heat in Remedy on here, the beat itself makes you wanna keep it on, real shit...4.5/5
14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven
This track is too slow for me. I can't really get into it. They spitting some real shit on here, but I prefer tracks like "Latunza Hit" from these cats. 3.5/5
15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality
Yeah Cappadonna brings it hard on here "Donna come through everyday my uniform changes and switches, I came to make ladies out of bitches,Crackhead niggaz get stitches" I love that line. His delivery on here is flawless he sounds hungry as fuck on here. The beat is like his companion on here, they both just match up great. Lyrics are hard on here no complaints. Ghost on the hook is a ++ 5/5
16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting
This is a wack cut. That Christbearer verse is up there with Islord's on this album. The beat is wack on here, I don't get the point of this track. 2/5

Lyrics - 4.5/5
Beats - 5/5
Overall - 4.5/5

If you a Wu-Fan this IS a classic album. It showcases all the skillz of the Killa Beez, the lyrics and beats are Grimey for the 98' and the album cover is Dope. **** 4.5/5 Certified Wu-Classic****

THE W
04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
chea.....

royal fam legacy 8/10 (beat sounds like it was made for a shitty SNES game but still tight)
concrete jungle 9/10
co-defendant 10/10
SOS 9/10
execute them 10/10
bronx war stories 8.5/10
and justice for all 9/10
punishment 8.5/10
bastards 7.5/10
on the strength 7.5/10
cobra clutch 10/10
never again 4/10 (a lot of people seem to like this a lot, dont know why)
where was heaven 5/10
97 mentality 10/10 (one of the last sick verses from cappadonna)
fatal sting 8/10

Hollow Dartz
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Fatal Sting is wack.

TAURO
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I think this was the original beat for "Ghost Deni" but these cats used it nice. I don't really got alot of Info on these guys, but they all bring it hard. 4/5

I've wondered about this beat too, I thought it was strange that Ghost used this beat when he spat Ghost Deni at that rock the bells show.

Guarded By Martyrs
04-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Fatal Sting is wack.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Sgt Holly Wood
04-26-2008, 04:37 AM
yeah its def a banger!

Freeze
05-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeah, I love this album!!! Damn i remember when i had it on cassette 10 years ago, remember the times.

This joint to me is classic, Honestly I wish I still had a copy, unfrotunatly they dont sell it in stores any more.

Matter of fact does anyone know a good way to get this, I would appreciate any links.
For real!!!

Holla Back

Freeze

9th Chamber
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I got mine on e-bay a couple of months ago for like 8 bucks plus shipping.

11th Chamber
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Yea this CD hasent left my ride in over a week. Got this shit on loop

On The Strength is my mothafuckin shit

Guarded By Martyrs
05-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah^
That track is so above most it's sick...
I REALLY feel the guy who comes in last...
I was told his name...Ithink he's called "Beggah Ooh" ???
I need to check for that dude...
A monster on the mic.

D-Infinite
05-03-2008, 07:55 AM
That Christbearer verse on Fatal Sting is TERRIBLE. Jesus Christ, it is off.

But i LOVE this album. I rate Punishment really high.

Freeze
05-03-2008, 09:02 AM
The tracks I'll remember forever would be...

Bronx War Story
Never Again
97 Mentality

But I'll probably remember the times, every time I hear the whole album.
Damn I gotta get me anotha copy!!!
It's all good

Peace

Freeze

D-Infinite
05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Just a quick review

The Legacy - 8/10 - good start, simple and aggressive, Timbo style
Concrete Jungle - 8/10 - Sunz Of Man are dope for real, hot Wu style beat
Co-Defendants - 8/10 - love the beat, Shyheims flow is off though
S.O.S. - 8/10 - dope grimey beat, Deck & Streetlife murk it, great song
Execute Them - 8.5/10 - that beat! DEADLY! Raw raw raw & hot track
Bronx War Stories - 7/10 - still good track, great horns, but not as good as rest
And Justice For All - 8/10 - beat has claustrophobic feel, Wu come correct but Islord is poor
Punishment - 7.5/10 - one of the best Black Knights tracks, Holocaust brings it, nice beat, Christbearer is awful
Bastards - 8/10 - pretty raw, loving the beat, lyrics aren't the best but solid song
On The Strength - 8.5/10 - The Beggaz made my jaw drop. Very good track
Cobra Clutch - 8.5/10 - classic Ghost, an unforgiving, merciless flow, slick beat
Never Again - 8/10 - epic track, Remedy gets deep and righteous on this banger
Where Was Heaven - 7/10 - nice feel but never really got moving
97 Mentality - 9/10 - classic Cappa, awesome beat, Ghost legendary chorus, best track
Fatal Sting - 6/5/10 - not as bad as many make out, i like the beat, but all the points lost for Christbearers AWFUL verse again

Someone tell Christbearer to not open his mouth. Those verses just fucked up the tracks he was on. He stops the flow, and his voice is grating.

Ya_Bane
05-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Bringin it back.. On The Strength:

cGgYB9nT4Uk

Ironwire, live back in the days (RIP Father Lord):

BnJJXUZqC6M

11th Chamber
05-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Bringin it back.. On The Strength:

cGgYB9nT4Uk

FUCKIN DOPE

I would kill to have that instrumental, thats the first time I ever heard it.

Afficial_Nastee
08-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Every track is a banga on this one, execept that remedy track, damn why the fuck did he have to be on this with that jewish bullshit?

Maccabee Ridah
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I like this album a lot! Every fuckin track is a pure banger!!! This album really shows strenght of killa beez!

I will vote for banger, only cuz I don't find it in a rank with classics like 36 or 4ever!

P.E.A.C.E.

crds
09-05-2008, 05:46 AM
I own this on vinyl and sadly it's in storage,but yo after reading all of the posts here, I want to get it out and play it again...I got some great memories from reading your reviews.

Krimewave
09-05-2008, 09:28 AM

same sample, but this fits it better than ghost deini did.

I think it's a diana ross sample, DMX sampled the same track (but not the same piano line) on "Stop Being Greedy".

TAURO
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Every track is a banga on this one, execept that remedy track, damn why the fuck did he have to be on this with that jewish bullshit?

WHAT?...thats an ill joint in Remedy's otherwise wack discography.

GhettoGnom
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
^^Yeah, wtf?! That's one of the best tracks on the whole album...

OT: Personal classic. I love every single track and got so many memories about this album...

Afficial_Nastee
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
WHAT?...thats an ill joint in Remedy's otherwise wack discography.

I just can't stand that jewish bullshit....

bad boy T
09-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Ruthless bastards kills it

Illmatic Hispanic
09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
That dude remedy sound like one of the gravediggaz, was Rza dissing Priest on Justice for all??

David Daniel Davis
07-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Today is the fifteen year anniversary of this gold certified classic. Overlooked in the flood of dope 1998 albums, still considered by many to be hip hop's last classic year.

The blackma
08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
This is a dope album with some incredible tracks. My fav :
Co-defendants
Execute them
97 mentality
And justice for all (Meth is crazy !)
Where was heaven

Not a classic but the shit is hot like my bitch mouth, raw like my dick and deep like my girlfriend pussy.

truemath4th
02-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Classic!!

Execute them is perfect ( strange flow of masta killa is dope!!!
Why deck lowed his voice all the middle verse???
All three mc are fire and the beat too

Cobra clutch of course ( best track of the album and best track of mathematics catalogue )

And judtice for all ( classic bobby /killarmy)

Sos , jungle, legacy,

93 to 1999 all released wu & affiliates was perfect