PDA

View Full Version : Mobb Deep @ The Crossroads!

JackTrippa718JR
05-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Personally I think the new Mobb Deep album is alright. But now that they've sold out but didn't really blow up (I think their 2 week total is like 140,000) and they are rapidily dropping on the charts where do they go from here?

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
*waaaah waaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*

goes the trumpet

tical2000
05-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Personally I think the new Mobb Deep album is alright. But now that they've sold out but didn't really blow up (I think their 2 week total is like 140,000) and they are rapidily dropping on the charts where do they go from here?

haha that has got to be a major dissapointment, considering they had the INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH marketing team behind them.....not to mention like 3 videos in heavy rotation ("put em in there place", "have a party", and "outta Control remix").......plus 50 Cent is on like half the album...the sales arn't bad but for the promotion and G-unit hype it is....

In fact GHOSTFACE KILLAH sold more in his first week 110,000 with one video compared to MOBB DEEP's 108,000.....

to be honest the album is not that bad......but the MOBB always has atleast one fantastic street single on there album that crosses over("Shook Ones", "hell on Earth (front lines)", "Quiet Storm", "Burn", "keep it thoro", and "got it twisted")......I dont think "PUT em in there place" is nearly as good as any of these songs.....

...I also think that alot of MOBB DEEP fans were turned off by G UNIT signing.....not to mention that the MOBB may have jumped on a sinking ship as many fickle MAINSTREAM rap fans have moved onto dudes like TI and that Southern shit......in other words I think GUNIT is going down

ShaDynasty
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
i think they should stop from bein signed to g-unit,
cos theyre too old for g-unit fans to like
and most old mobb fans arent interested now theyre on g-unit
bad move for them
they shoulda went indie and kept doin shit like 'free agents'

WallyG
05-17-2006, 11:15 PM
haha that has got to be a major dissapointment, considering they had the INTERSCOPE/AFTERMATH marketing team behind them.....not to mention like 3 videos in heavy rotation ("put em in there place", "have a party", and "outta Control remix").......plus 50 Cent is on like half the album...the sales arn't bad but for the promotion and G-unit hype it is....

In fact GHOSTFACE KILLAH sold more in his first week 110,000 with one video compared to MOBB DEEP's 108,000.....

to be honest the album is not that bad......but the MOBB always has atleast one fantastic street single on there album that crosses over("Shook Ones", "hell on Earth (front lines)", "Quiet Storm", "Burn", "keep it thoro", and "got it twisted")......I dont think "PUT em in there place" is nearly as good as any of these songs.....

...I also think that alot of MOBB DEEP fans were turned off by G UNIT signing.....not to mention that the MOBB may have jumped on a sinking ship as many fickle MAINSTREAM rap fans have moved onto dudes like TI and that Southern shit......in other words I think GUNIT is going down

Its GOIN DOWN

JackTrippa718JR
05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I agree, I def think it's on it's way down. We'll all know for sure when Lloyd Banks drops. He did big numbers his first time around, if he flops it's a reynolds for them.

tical2000
05-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree, I def think it's on it's way down. We'll all know for sure when Lloyd Banks drops. He did big numbers his first time around, if he flops it's a reynolds for them.

I think alot of people just bought LLOYD BANKS album the first time around because G-UNIT was so hot, and it had alot of hype......but when they got home they realised the album was absolute trash.......even compared to other G-Unit albums I think LLOYD BANKS dropped the worst one and that says something, his album was terrible....

....that being said, not to sure if people are going to go out and shell out money for the next one, unkless it is a hell of alot better.....I would be shocked if his next album did 250,000 first week sales again.....

....like I say the mainstream crowd has jumped onto the next hot thing, which is the down south shit......

snapple
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
bad move for them

too old for g-unit fans? whats the age of the g-unit fan i wasn't aware there was......

i was dissapointed with the album overall, the best track on the album is censored....it the weakest mobb joint ive heard to date

mAlAkAz
05-18-2006, 10:43 PM
bad move for them

co-sign

that Free Agents 2CD got slept on, that was the last good CD they put out before signing to pop labels like jive and g-unit where they only have 4 good songs per album. i agree with what 9th Wonder said mobb deep "Got rich and stoped tryin"

brown_dogg
05-18-2006, 10:56 PM
too old for g-unit fans? whats the age of the g-unit fan i wasn't aware there was......

i was dissapointed with the album overall, the best track on the album is censored....it the weakest mobb joint ive heard to date

they censored the songs on the actual retail album?

Razorsharp
05-18-2006, 11:35 PM
sellouts... they deserve this shit

Chief 'Broom
05-18-2006, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't even download this album.

Murdah Piff
05-19-2006, 09:33 AM
they censored the songs on the actual retail album?
only the pearly gates joint cause p dub says hes gonna kill jesus is he dont got to heaven

TAURO
05-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I won't have nothing to do with Mobb now, I hope this album flops, teach them a lesson.