PDA

View Full Version : XMen Fans!!!!!!

Strange Fruit
05-17-2006, 05:03 PM
aight,
i wanna know,
what you guys think of Xmen 3 in comparison to the other two.

and,,, those who go further than the movies,
do they have the same effect as the comics?

or are they even better?

the cast for these movies,,,

do they do the characters justice?

just wanna know.

TAURO
05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
When it come's out over here I will come back to this thread, Don't worry Roze I will be able to compare the characters to their comic book versions and let you know the ins and outs of this and the previous two.

Dae Ja Nae
05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
This looks like a question for blackwisdom ... aka ... Wolverine :yes:

oDoUoSoKo
05-17-2006, 09:07 PM
i think the movies shood never ever be compared the comics

blackwisdom
05-17-2006, 10:09 PM
This looks like a question for blackwisdom ... aka ... Wolverine :yes:First of all Ms. Berry needs to not play Storm, an African Goddess. She doesn't have enough strength in her presence. I don't know how this movie will go but I like the cast lineup. I'm curious on how the Phoenix Sage is going to be tied into this one. Movie vs Comics = Comics hands down. That's like comparing a Movie to a book a movie can't hardly begin to compare to the book.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Peace

Razorsharp
05-17-2006, 10:28 PM
i think it will be better than number 1, but than number 2 i dunno... they got a better variety of enemies, but i dont understand, they have archangel, but no apacolypse... oh well... should be dope

Os3y3ris
05-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Ultimate X-Men > Every other incarnation of them.

Dae Ja Nae
05-17-2006, 11:20 PM
First of all Ms. Berry needs to not play Storm, an African Goddess. She doesn't have enough strength in her presence. I don't know how this movie will go but I like the cast lineup. I'm curious on how the Phoenix Sage is going to be tied into this one. Movie vs Comics = Comics hands down. That's like comparing a Movie to a book a movie can't hardly begin to compare to the book.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Peace

That's what I looking forward to as well ... can't wait.

One

Icurus
05-18-2006, 01:46 AM
i think it will be better than number 1, but than number 2 i dunno... they got a better variety of enemies, but i dont understand, they have archangel, but no apacolypse... oh well... should be dope

Where did you see archangel? Only angel is in the movie. I doubt he becomes archangel at the end.

Razorsharp
05-18-2006, 05:12 AM
oh... well thats what i meant... lmao....

TUCO
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Ultimate X-Men > Every other incarnation of them.

:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

the surgeon
05-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Should b dope hugh jackman does a gd job as wolverine only 1 problem ive heard so far SPOILER:Cyclops dies within the first half an hour by jean.They never use him enough.No Gambit either which is dissapointing

Frontal Lobotomy
05-18-2006, 02:05 PM
They kill off Cyclops? how retarded. I assume that that Phoenix must resurrect him or something, as the X-men ain't really the X-men without Cyclops. If not, then well, fucking Hollywood haha

Os3y3ris
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
but i dont understand, they have archangel, but no apacolypse... oh well... should be dope

They only have Angel who's unrelated to Apocalypse in any manner.

Sorry Tuco, the Ultimate line just owns. Has one of the best stories I've ever read, the one where Wolverine kills that kid. Great stuff.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
If they get to X-men 5 they should go all out and have Onslaught in it, by 2012 the SFX would easily allow for it, plus the movie deviating from the comics can take that whole 300 heroes dying thing. Either way, it'd be sweet I reckon.

the surgeon
05-18-2006, 07:56 PM
They kill off Cyclops? how retarded. I assume that that Phoenix must resurrect him or something, as the X-men ain't really the X-men without Cyclops. If not, then well, fucking Hollywood haha

ur probably right they'll probably do that, i read that the actor of cyclops is in the superman film 2 so they had 2 cut him out of it

Os3y3ris
05-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Its not an issue. These people never REALLY die.

Razorsharp
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
LMAO^^good point

the surgeon
05-20-2006, 08:35 AM
who said they really died no 1 did

the surgeon
05-20-2006, 08:40 AM
then in the trailer y isn't he in many scenes in it.Check the facts james marsden in both films they r getting filmed at the same time and didn't jean get killed in x2 or elektra in daredevil or green goblin in spiderman.He probably comes back at the end or something but it makes sence if he does and no one said it was an issue not film

Icurus
05-21-2006, 11:36 AM
After the movie, stay for the credits, after the credits there will be a surprise.
So, dont feel too upsewt right now about someone getting killed off, cause alot of people get killed in this film. The last thirty minutes is a full on war. I thought this was the best x-men movie yet.

J-Cee
05-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Looks Crazy,Was a Big fan of the Old X-Men cartoons and like both the X-men movies so im looking forward to seeing this one.

Cuchulain
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
i'm hugely disapointed bryan singer isn't directing. the 2nd xmen was superb, completly blew me away, but i'm worried about this third one. will wait and see i suppose. is out this weekend in ireland

Jammin
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Brett ratner = goat

this movie is just dope

btw there is a surprise at the end .. and cyclop aint dead, its obvious

Jammin
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
i'm hugely disapointed bryan singer isn't directing. the 2nd xmen was superb, completly blew me away, but i'm worried about this third one. will wait and see i suppose. is out this weekend in ireland

never judge a book by its cover

baby jesus
05-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I Just Saw The Movie The Action Was Good But I Was Dissappointed In The Storyline Side Of Things. Juggernaut Was Lame And There Wasnt Enough Clossus. Overall It's Still Worth It To Go See Phoniex Is Good In It But I Was A Little Dissappointed. I Didnt Stay Till After The Credits I'm Kinda Pissed Now That I Read There's Shit After The Credits.

hectis
05-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I Love The X Men Cartoon The One That Use To Come On Fox Dose Any One Know If They Sell It On Dvd And I Might Go See X3 But Maybe Not I F The Make An X4 Apocalypse Should Be The Bad Guy He Is The Best Bad Guy

King Justice
05-27-2006, 12:11 AM
I Love The X Men Cartoon The One That Use To Come On Fox Dose Any One Know If They Sell It On Dvd And I Might Go See X3 But Maybe Not I F The Make An X4 Apocalypse Should Be The Bad Guy He Is The Best Bad Guy
Yo i remember the cartoon too I watched it all the time im Gonna see X3 real soon

Ghost Deini
05-27-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought it was ill. I've been a big fan of the comics/animated series' from back in the day for a long ass time now so a few of the characters were...I guess underdeveloped for me. Like Angel is sick in the comics especially after he becomes Archangle but in this movie he was in like 2 scenes. Colossus is another favorite of mine in the comics and he didn't do much here. Still pretty entertaining overrall but alot of my favorite mutants weren't really there at all (Gambit, NIGHTCRAWLER?!?). And also don't even know how they would explain it but CABLE needs to be in this, he's the shit. But yeah Cast was good, the actor playing Juggernaut and the way they made him wasn't quite up to par with what his character is supposed to be like. The whole Phoenix thing is also done differently in the movie but I guess it was cool on how they did it. Was good to see THE BEAST as well. Played a nice part in this movie and is a total savage, although "Secretary to Mutant Affairs" :lmao: .

And after the last scene and the scene after the credits the story is STILL wide-open so don't doubt X-Men 4. Over all ^O^

TAURO
05-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I just saw it and boy was it dissapointing, first up im a big x-men fan and I loved the first two films although neither of them where perfect they still had alot going for them. There was alot of things wrong with this movie and I suppose the first place to start would be in it's production, I don't blame the director Brett Ratner cos he came into this film at the last minute and the studio did not give him enough time to prepare for a movie this size.
The script needed a few more drafts cos alot of the characters where left under developed like Kitty, Rogue, Juggernaut and to my surprise despite all the screen time she had storm as well, I could go on too but I won't, theres just too many that needed work.

The action was good in places, several characters got some good fight scenes (Wolverine, storm, beast)
Others did not (Iceman, Collosus)
Cyclops did not get enough to do and neither did angel, Kitty was great when she appeared but they didn't give her much to do.
Juggernaut was all wrong (Vinnie Jones can't act)
and the other members of the brotherhood all needed to be developed better. The short running time also doesn't help either, because of this the movie runs at a quick pace making it feel very rushed.

Overall there was alot of bad things in this movie, but there where some moments that where great but because you could tell that if the director had been given more time he could have made a great film, but instead we get a mediocre one, oh well maybe we will see x4 and they can hopefully bring this franchise back on track.

Razorsharp
05-27-2006, 11:11 PM
i thought the movie was hella siiick... i mean could have used more one on one fighting, but i liked it.... ive been a fan since day 1... peace man

100pr00f
05-28-2006, 10:39 AM
x3 was the last one
now their gonna make spin offs on the charictors

picturebloodbaths
05-28-2006, 11:57 AM
There was no Gambit in the whole trilogy.

That just royally pisses me off.

Dough Snatcher
05-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah man i caught it yesterday, i dont think it was that bad. But yeah it could have been better. I hope this is'nt a spoiler but for those of you big time Xmen fanatics, who knows what happened to Night Crawler. I mean he wasnt in this one.

Big Risk
05-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I cant believe he said Im the Juggernaut Bitch. I was so blazed last night when I saw that I almost started puking from laughing.

Iron Man
05-28-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure there;s going to be a X-man 4, if you have seen that final scene with Magneto. That is a hunch for another part if you ask me but i'm not sure.
Plus, i saw iy yesterday, good movie i liked it very much. I also liked the fact Colossus was in it.

djooriez
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Shit was dissapointing, could have been soooo much better and where was Gambit :thumbdwn:

Good that bitch cyclops died though, he was a pussy in the first 2 movies, always getting his ass whooped or getting captured

ps that warping chick with the tats WHOOPED storms ass :cool:

TAURO
05-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah man i caught it yesterday, i dont think it was that bad. But yeah it could have been better. I hope this is'nt a spoiler but for those of you big time Xmen fanatics, who knows what happened to Night Crawler. I mean he wasnt in this one.

You find out what happened to nightcrawler if you play the latest x-men game.

Sifu Dragon
05-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I cant believe he said Im the Juggernaut Bitch. I was so blazed last night when I saw that I almost started puking from laughing.

serious?

chiba
05-28-2006, 08:24 PM
what happens after the end credits??

yeah X4 will be in the making
that cure thing only supresses the mutant gene
so u have to keep gettin doses

Classic
05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah.
CHARLES DYING. I was like, WTF?
Me : "Charles is gonna handle this bitc--....HOLY FUCK! WHAT THE HELL!?
Colossus could've used some more screen time, he's just a personal favorite of mine.
I think a Colossus V.S. Juggernaut would've been a helluva battle.
Funniest part though was when Wolverine fought that dude who kept regenerating limbs, then was just threw cuttin' his arms off then nut-kicked that bitch, "Grow those back, bitch."
But yeah, I still liked it. But it could've been A LOT BETTER. Hopefully there will be a X-4 thanks to the Magneto ending. For a moment, I thought Magneto would commit suicide. But yeah, I was lookin' forward to a Gambit.
Anyways, it gets like...a 3.5 out of 5.

Razorsharp
05-28-2006, 11:46 PM
i think arch-angel should be in the next one...
as well as

apocalypse
cable
bishop
gambit
Nightcrawler... where the fuck did he go??

Ghost Deini
05-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah.
CHARLES DYING. I was like, WTF?
Me : "Charles is gonna handle this bitc--....HOLY FUCK! WHAT THE HELL!?
Colossus could've used some more screen time, he's just a personal favorite of mine.
I think a Colossus V.S. Juggernaut would've been a helluva battle.
Funniest part though was when Wolverine fought that dude who kept regenerating limbs, then was just threw cuttin' his arms off then nut-kicked that bitch, "Grow those back, bitch."
But yeah, I still liked it. But it could've been A LOT BETTER. Hopefully there will be a X-4 thanks to the Magneto ending. For a moment, I thought Magneto would commit suicide. But yeah, I was lookin' forward to a Gambit.
Anyways, it gets like...a 3.5 out of 5.

Well she did turn into the Phoenix. And Phoenix pretty much owns everything and everyone according to the original X-Men story.

As for charles dying...stay after the credits. Unless you already did. And yeah where the hell is Gambit.

Kado
05-29-2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah I just came back from the movie right NOW...All I got to say was dat shit was ill as fuck, i quit smoking but if I know if I was high when juggernaut was like"Do you know who your messing with?? IM THA JUGGERNAT BITCH!!!" and ran threw the walls i would of been dying till tommorow that shit had me rolling...but damn what happens after the credits,something told me to stay but i was like naaw they ppl dont do that after credit shit no more

Kado
05-29-2006, 01:42 AM
word up you too lmao

Razorsharp
05-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah I just came back from the movie right NOW...All I got to say was dat shit was ill as fuck, i quit smoking but if I know if I was high when juggernaut was like"Do you know who your messing with?? IM THA JUGGERNAT BITCH!!!" and ran threw the walls i would of been dying till tommorow that shit had me rolling...but damn what happens after the credits,something told me to stay but i was like naaw they ppl dont do that after credit shit no more

professor X lives thru that body or talks thru that body that has no brain, but has all bodily functions... that video he showed the class... ya know... peace

Classic
05-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Well she did turn into the Phoenix. And Phoenix pretty much owns everything and everyone according to the original X-Men story.

As for charles dying...stay after the credits. Unless you already did. And yeah where the hell is Gambit.

In the original X-Men story, the Pheonix also wasn't just some random personality of Jean Grey. But rather a god-like deity that took over her body just before her death. But then again, this is a whole different x-universe thing I guess.
I didn't stay after the credits!!! What the fuck happened!?!?!?

05-29-2006, 01:25 PM
In the original X-Men story, the Pheonix also wasn't just some random personality of Jean Grey. But rather a god-like deity that took over her body just before her death. But then again, this is a whole different x-universe thing I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJRv_e7TD6o&feature=Views&page=3&t=t&f=b

num2son
05-29-2006, 01:52 PM
^^lol

num2son
05-29-2006, 01:54 PM
x3 was the last one
now their gonna make spin offs on the charictors

Wolverine would be first up

Aqueous Moon
05-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Can't wait to see this flick.

I used to watch the cartoon every saturday morn.

I love x-men. Storm and wolverine are the best ones.

Jackie Boy
05-30-2006, 08:39 AM
X3: The Last Stand - Just came back from seeing it and i must say, it was just OK. They tried to fit too much into the movie with so little space to do it in. Changed so many characters as well as added some without any introduction, like watching the credits I noticed Psychlocke was listed in the credits and WHERE IN THE HELL WAS SHE? In the Trilogy I would rate this very last: X2: X-Men United, X-Men, and then followed by X-Men: The Last Stand. It seems once Singer left the franchise and Fox hired Matthew Vaughn and then Bret Ratner they pretty much said we dont care if you make a convoluted piece of jumbled mess.
6/10

num2son
05-30-2006, 09:01 AM
cartoon shits on these movies. dunno why they stop making it, one of the best things to come out of being a kid on a sat.

The animated versions are always better, more detail and story

TAURO
05-30-2006, 09:43 AM
X3: The Last Stand - Just came back from seeing it and i must say, it was just OK. They tried to fit too much into the movie with so little space to do it in. Changed so many characters as well as added some without any introduction, like watching the credits I noticed Psychlocke was listed in the credits and WHERE IN THE HELL WAS SHE? In the Trilogy I would rate this very last: X2: X-Men United, X-Men, and then followed by X-Men: The Last Stand. It seems once Singer left the franchise and Fox hired Matthew Vaughn and then Bret Ratner they pretty much said we dont care if you make a convoluted piece of jumbled mess.
6/10

Psylocke was the asian girl with the purple streaks in her hair, the one that comes through the wall towards the end of the movie, shes with that guy with the spikes all over his face and that other chick with the funny hair.
Wasted opportunity for this character if you ask me.

100pr00f
05-30-2006, 09:51 AM
can some one tell me what happens after the credits i didnt stay ..son of a bitch
lol
so if thier is another one and some how the peeps who died gets reserected..then this will be phat
haha

some tell me

TAURO
05-30-2006, 10:34 AM
can some one tell me what happens after the credits i didnt stay ..son of a bitch
lol
so if thier is another one and some how the peeps who died gets reserected..then this will be phat
haha

some tell me

See for yourself, go to you tube and type x-men last stand and you should find it.

100pr00f
05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
it was taken down

CYENCE
05-30-2006, 10:54 AM
To have the true Phoenix, they would have to introduce the Shi-ar race, Emkron crystal, new galaxies..it would be too much to do in one movie

and as far as the end...I wont ruin it for those who aint seen it

100pr00f
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
damn..ima have to see it again

White_Mouse
05-30-2006, 12:42 PM
ok, jean, scott, and xavier die!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!
ok but xavier comes back in the clip, so that's better but do Jean and Scott (cyclops)????
In the comics thye have a kid named Cable who goes on in the comics "x-factor" BUT
we didn't exactly see cyclops die, and maybe jean ressurected herself like in the comics!!!!!
what's gonna happen???????

I'm gonna stick to reading the comics and not watching Hollywood spinoffs.

oDoUoSoKo
05-30-2006, 02:24 PM
jeans comin back and cyclops aint dead, cant be, they need jean and scott for x-man and cable

WUHEADSINCE93
05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
this could have been way better,maybe I love the comics & cartoon show to much.I feel that it was missin alot to me..I don't no shit

100pr00f
05-30-2006, 03:57 PM
night crawler wanst in this one

Kado
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM
damn..ima have to see it again

naw chill son..all u do is next time u go to the theatre and u get out ya movie, look for the x3 that just ended when urs did and jump in there real quik,wait for the credits to end lol..shit thats what ima do

BlissfulIgnorance
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
i didnt like this one compared to the first two.. X-men 2 was my favorite.. in the third one they just threw in a whole bunch of mutants without giving them a chance to really show off their powers and then they all die :-/ and they killed of Psylocke.. she was one of my favorite characters

harm77
06-04-2006, 03:58 PM
ok this movie was hyped way toomuch. first of everyone knows that Colosus is russian yet he speaks perfect english in x3. They call him peter yet in the comics its Pitre Rasputin or something like that. Then angel joins xmen but doesnt even have a suit. The juggernaut was cool but used horribly and didnt get enough screen time. Cyclops ,Xaxier being killed is just plain dumb. And them possibly being resuccerected in part 4 is even more ridiculous. THis movie missed on almost all points. The best was kinda kool. Again Wolverine steals the show. Its as almost like the directed dedicated this movie to him only and everyone else was a supporting cast. If Bryan singer doesnt come back 4 a possible part 4 this will definately be the end of the sries as far as im concerned. another example of directing and writers not doing their homework before taking on such a huge and fan based project such as XMen.

Razorsharp
06-04-2006, 04:31 PM
professor X lives thru that body or talks thru that body that has no brain, but has all bodily functions... that video he showed the class... ya know... peace

--ENDING--

num2son
06-07-2006, 09:03 AM
I saw the movie yesterday

The movie was short and went to fast for it.
It make no sense that jean and scott dies.....but no one saw him die but they is a grave for him next to jean and Professor X???? This is a different x-men universe so things change

Jean didnt do enough with her new powers IMO

Storm is now in charge of the school....Wolverine was the star of the movie.

And poor magneto, he deserves it, but at the end of the movie he looks like he can regain his power ( Playing Chess)

wtf?? Mystic...LOL

The Juggarnaut was ok, not better at all then the comic book one, (The comic book version he was related to Professor x and was alot bigger and had no accent)

There werent enough big name x-men charactors

Part 4??? possible.....OVerall good movie, alot of action, "I'm the juggernaut bitch" is overated...LOL

Jeru
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Part 4 ?Don't think so.The Wolverine movie was confirmed so I've heard.

Butter
06-19-2006, 09:12 PM
is it possible for them to not have met gambit yet? i havent really read any comics or watched much of the cartoon.. so i dont know if im correct. he was with rouge? shes also not that old in the films (i guess) so wouldnt he come later?

what DID happen to nightstalker?

i was dissapointed aswell really, i thought there would have been alot more mutant one on one action, characters wernt introduced into the storty enough, and there was a lack of characters imo.

Soul Controller
06-21-2006, 05:31 PM
this is the fucking worst comic book movie i have ever seen

the whole fucking series bastardised the x men comic(s)
and the original cartoon series.

theY fucked up every storyline possible, with randomn fucking bullshit

num2son
06-21-2006, 10:02 PM

I know....LOL

Soul Controller
06-22-2006, 08:15 AM
what a fucking waste

anyone know of any good movies,, based off of comics?

GOOD!
not avg shit

TAURO
06-22-2006, 08:25 AM

Have you seen electra?, thats the biggest pile of shit marvel ever released.

Soul Controller
06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
nah nah i aint
she was never really my thing

but thanks for tha warning!

Strange Fruit
06-22-2006, 09:40 AM
come now lads. i can't believe you'd even place Xmen on the same level as Electra.

smh.

tacle
06-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Nah, X-men is sick yea, but come on now, spiderman was pretty deep.

Jeru
06-22-2006, 10:16 AM
I like the X-Men movies alot more than I do the Spiderman ones but they're both very good series of flicks.

tacle
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I like the X-Men movies alot more than I do the Spiderman ones but they're both very good series of flicks.

Hold that.

Soul Controller
06-22-2006, 12:46 PM
come now lads. i can't believe you'd even place Xmen on the same level as Electra.

smh.

movies wise its the same shit,.
their out to make a quick buck off of a name,
with nothing for the real fans who have spent years waiting for the flicks.
they have no planning or story line,
well they do.. but that throws away everything.. the fan wants to see.
they cater for the ones who dont know much about x men/spiderman/electra

thats not really saying much.

they could have made the spiderman and xmen films ( not to mention the huge amounts of crossovers they could do.. bobby and spidey together!! wtf old skewl styleyyyy)
so much fucking better.,
weak films, that entertain those who are easily entertained.

theirs no depth to any of the comic films ive seen
some1 please name a good one!!

Jeru
06-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Batman Begins had depth

Kong
06-23-2006, 01:27 PM
x men movies have let me down. There ok but they arent that entertaining to me. Cartoons were more deep. i think they focus to much on effects, the storys are to simple for the X-MEN.

tacle
06-23-2006, 01:27 PM
^the cartoons were sick.

Da Problem Child
06-23-2006, 01:33 PM
X-Men 2 was better than Spiderman 2

but Spider man one was better than x-men 1 and 2

tacle
06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
^I might have to agree with you on that one, X-Men 1 is way better then X-Men 2 i think.

Killah Ryder
06-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Who knows, when The Wolverine movie'll be made?