PDA

View Full Version : Tennis discussion thread

Prince Rai
07-02-2005, 12:48 PM
yo nobody mentions tennis around here.

i feel that sport alongside boxing etc.

who has beein watchin wimbledon, lol, its ova 2day but u know da deal.

who feels da sport??

Prince Rai
07-02-2005, 12:49 PM
ayt dun, venus wins again in three sets against davenport!

roddick and federer play 2moro

Tage
07-02-2005, 01:15 PM
^its nice watching womens tennis.. but i didnt catch much of it when it was on..

Prince Rai
07-02-2005, 01:31 PM
peace

did ya hear sharapovas grunt tho??? lol that was highlight

Liquidswordsman
07-02-2005, 02:12 PM
peace

did ya hear sharapovas grunt tho??? lol that was highlight
that bitch is crazy like Seles

HANZO
07-02-2005, 05:25 PM
sharapova my favourite player, shes the best.
the mens game at the moment it looks like federer will destroy roddick but i would prefer roddick to win
looks unlikely though

Ronin
07-02-2005, 05:58 PM
roddick aint got too much past serve and forehand

federrer can do anything so hes gonna win

tennis is boring now, they slowed wimbledon courts down so serve volleyers do shit like henman

its like a faster us open now

LHX
07-02-2005, 06:29 PM
where did martina hingis go?

HANZO
07-02-2005, 06:47 PM
i believe she got injured and retired

Butter
07-02-2005, 07:01 PM
i hear that about federrer he's gon win.

sharapova's grunt LMAO i thought that the william's sisters were bad, i had to put it on mute lmao.

ahh if only anna still played.

Prolifical ENG
07-02-2005, 08:09 PM
they slowed the wimbledon courts down too much, or else roddick would be serving like 140 average and have 3 times as many aces as he usually gets....therefore federer will win.

I still remember the wimbledon when federer was a lower seed and only 19 when he beat Pete.

check two
07-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I used to watch it when I was younger. Boris Becker was my favorite player. I used to get mad when Stefan Edberg would win. Is Jim Courier still playing? He was the best player for a few years. I get sick of hearing about how hot that Sharapova is. She's not hot, she's an average looking girl.

Prince Rai
07-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Federer again....

sakk
07-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Sharapova is an empress.

I'd marry that girl. Beauty in all phases she has.

HANZO
07-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Sharapova is an empress.

well put.
jus give me a chance maria.

anyway federer jus too good took the piss

check two
07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
What's so beautiful about her? Some people get too obsessed.

Prince Rai
07-05-2005, 10:05 AM
whats beautiful about her?? serious?

ok she aint number 1 fittest girl, but def up there nahmean??

HANZO
07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
its just the fact name another sports woman who is nearly as beautiful. shes unique

check two
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM
I think Anna looks better than her. Also, Serena has a better body than her too, although she's too muscular. I just don't think she's beautiful. There are women in the WWE prettier than her.

THE W
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
i dont see what so hot about sharapove either. she's just some skinny lookin white chick whos aiight lookin as far im concerned. sharapova and paris hilton...two overrated enorexic bitches. and the willaims sisters are fuckin hideous, but they own tennis along with federer.

Rebel_INS
07-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Them pros are good as fuck at that, its crazy

_Goddess_
07-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Boring.

Fragmented
07-28-2005, 03:23 PM
federer vs sampras anyone have any idea who would win i'd go with federer but i wouldn't doubt it being a 5 set match lol

2L8Lit da croatianMC
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
What do yall think of Ivan Ljubičić? He's in the top ten. Nuff good to stick around in the top ten constantly..

rubyspirit
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
He's playing Roddick now on ESPN2.

Dude can't play in the big tourneys that count.

Frank Drebin
03-16-2007, 04:00 AM
dont think he will ever touch goran. he was a fucking tennis legend winning wimbledon as a wild card. whut a great moment

Guarded By Martyrs
07-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Federer beat him when he first came on the scene^
Sampras even said :

"It Was A Changing Of The Guards"

Nadal VS Federer today was the greatest Tennis match I have ever seen.
I was routing for Federer...but Nadal deserved it...
He has improved on grass immensely.
I recommend everyone to watch that match if you diddn't see it.

PEACE

SG
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Men's Wimbledon was very intense
Women's Wimbledon, especially the Williams sisters. It was a site to see

Maccabee Ridah
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Dementieva is an empress.

Fixed that for u!!!!!! That girl is like straight from my dreams!!!!!!

Damn..........................:D

Peace...............

VZA
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL tennis.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Please tell me what drugs you are on^

Ritter
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Crack is serious.

Prolifical ENG
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
watching federer vs murray now in US open finals

100pr00f
09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
never took a look a this shit befor..but for some reason i watching last night when murray won

and part of the one today looked like a good match

had to go to work so cant watch no more haha

Prolifical ENG
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
i dont have the channel right now for some reason so im watching it streamed off of sopcast

tekunique
09-10-2008, 12:13 AM
i ran into andy murray on sunday @ starbux on 56th btwn 6th & 7th..lol

check two
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
It's kind of weird watching the women's tennis when the girl that is grunting is ugly.

Prince Rai
10-27-2008, 07:01 PM
It's kind of weird watching the women's tennis when the girl that is grunting is ugly.

nah, worse is when the guys grunt out of nowhere!:?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Tennis is the only sport where i'd rather watch the women than the men....well if you consider volleyball a real sport, than that too.

ANyway, I've never watched a whole match, but that is one of the most physically demanding sports you can play. I mean, when being in your mid twenties is considered old, you kno how demanding it is on your body.

Prolifical ENG
06-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Federer finally won the French Open because of Nadals injury (although he never said it)

Wimbledon starts in 11 days. I really want one of those towels but too expensive.

I joined a tennis forum....lol

RALPH WIGGUM
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep, even though I was sad for Monfils when he lost, Im really glad that Federer finally did it.
I didn't know Nadal and that dude Soderling hated themselves like that but he seems like a nice dude.

Prolifical ENG
06-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Looks like Nadal is out as of a few minutes ago. Heres the Wimbledon draw:

NADAL'S QUARTER
Rafael Nadal ESP (1) v Arnaud Clement FRA
Lleyton Hewitt AUS v Robby Ginepri USA

Rajeev Ram USA v Philipp Petzschner GER
Mischa Zverev GER v Dmitry Tursunov RUS (25)

Radek Stepanek CZE (23)v Alejandro Falla COL
Potito Starace ITA v Jose Acasuso ARG

Fabio Fognini v Denis Istomin UZB
Kevin Kim USA v David Ferrer ESP (16)

Nikolay Davydendo RUS (12) v Daniel Evans GBR
Victor Crivoi ROU v Bjorn Phau GER

Frederico Gil POR v Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA
Alex Bogdanovic GBR v Tomas Berdych CZE (20)

Jurgen Melzer AUT (26) v Wayne Odesnik USA
Benjamin Becker GER v Roko Karanusic CRO

Grigor Dimitrov BUL v Igor Kunitsyn RUS
Jeremy Chardy FRA v Andy Roddick USA (6)

MURRAY'S QUARTER
Andy Murray GBR (3) v Robert Kendrick USA
Riccardo Ghedin ITA v Ernests Gulbis LAT

Taylor Dent USA v Daniel Gimeno-Traver ESP
Brian Dabul ARG v Viktor Troicki SRB (30)

Stanislas Wawrinka SUI (19) v Eduardo Schwank ARG
Pablo Andujar ESP v Martin Vassallo Arguello ARG

Christophe Rochus BEL v Pablo Cuevas URU
Jesse Levine USA v Marat Safin RUS (14)

Fernando Gonzalez CHI (10) v Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS
Oscar Hernandez ESP v Leonardo Mayer ARG

Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP v Mikhail Youzhny RUS
Fabrice Santoro FRA v James Blake USA (17)

Victor Hanescu ROU (31) v Ivan Navarro ESP
Nicolas Devilder FRA v Nicolas Lapentti ECU

Nicolas Kiefer GER v Andrei Pavel ROU
Bobby Reynolds USA v Gilles Simon FRA (8)

DJOKOVIC'S QUARTER
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (5) v Andreas Seppi ITA
Adrian Mannarino FRA v Marc Gicquel FRA

Paul Capdeville CHI v Vincent Spadea USA
Evgeny Korolev RUS v Igor Andreev RUS (29)

Tommy Haas GER (24) v Alexander Peya AUT
Michael Llodra FRA v Joshua Goodall GBR

Sam Querrey USA v Ivan Ljubicic CRO
Alberto Martin ESP v Marin Cilic CRO (11)

Tommy Robredo ESP (15) v Luka Gregorc SLO
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA v Stefan Koubek AUT

Dudi Sela ISR v Santiago Gonzalez MEX
Xavier Malisse BEL v Rainer Schuettler GER (18)

Mardy Fish USA (28) v Sergio Roitman ARG
Jan Hernych CZE v Janko Tipsarevic SRB

Simon Greul GER v Michael Yani USA
Julien Benneteau FRA v Novak Djokovic SRB (4)

FEDERER'S QUARTER
Fernando Verdasco ESP (7) v James Ward GBR
Nicolas Mahut FRA v Kristof Vliegen BEL

Diego Junqueira ARG v Guillermo Canas ARG
Grega Zemlja SLO v Albert Montanes ESP (32)

Ivo Karlovic CRO (22) v Lukas Lacko SVK
Steve Darcis BEL v Frank Dancevic CAN

Simone Bolelli ITA v Daniel Koellerer AUT
Andrey Golubev KAZ v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (9)

Robin Soderling SWE (13) v Gilles Muller LUX
Marcel Granollers ESP v Andreas Beck GER

Nicolas Almagro ESP v Juan Monaco ARG
Marcos Baghdatis CYP v Feliciano Lopez ESP (21)

Philipp Kohlschreiber GER (27) v Florent Serra FRA
Ivo Minar CZE v Maximo Gonzalez ARG

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez ESP v Agustin Calleri ARG
Yen-Hsun Lu TPE v Roger Federer SUI (2)

check two
06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe I asked this in the past, but why do the female players grunt when they hit the ball? It would kind of turn me on when Martina Navratilova grunted.

Prolifical ENG
06-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe I asked this in the past, but why do the female players grunt when they hit the ball? It would kind of turn me on when Martina Navratilova grunted.

Men grunt too but not as much. When grunting a lot of air is released from the lungs quickly. When you breathe out, you stay relaxed when hitting the ball through the shot. If a player tightens up through a shot, there is a greater chance of them making an error.

I could never watch a full Guga Kuerten match. The way his grunt is slow, deep and kind of drawning out. Its kinda funny......watch the first 10 second at least of this match.

x7zC5nc5IQU

RALPH WIGGUM
06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Kuerten was a great player, it was a great time when he won Roland Garros.

OB4CL2
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
i flipped it on the other day cause i felt like it. why do they have to moan like they're being

fucked when they hit the ball?

Prolifical ENG
06-19-2009, 05:25 PM
i flipped it on the other day cause i felt like it. why do they have to moan like they're being

fucked when they hit the ball?

Men grunt too but not as much. When grunting a lot of air is released from the lungs quickly. When you breathe out, you stay relaxed when hitting the ball through the shot. If a player tightens up through a shot, there is a greater chance of them making an error.

check two
06-19-2009, 05:34 PM
The greatest tennis player of all time:

http://images.allposters.com/images/MMPH/246706.jpg

Drunken Monk
06-19-2009, 06:39 PM
The greatest tennis player of all time:

http://images.allposters.com/images/MMPH/246706.jpg

no

agree

best is rafael nadal from spain

noel411
06-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I hope I'm still unemployed when Wimbledon is on so I can stay up and watch it all.

It was good to see Federer finally win the French. I imagine it was probably his sweetest victory yet. Though not having to face Nadal would definitely take away from it. Mind you if he had faced Nadal he would have just got pwned as usual. Nadal's loss was a huge shock. I thought he was a good shot at doing the grand slam this year.

It's a shame Ivanovic has been so shit since she won the French last year. It would be nice to see her getting some better results. Hotness is a curse to tennis players.

Prolifical ENG
06-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I think Roger is gay now......

http://i42.tinypic.com/ic6xs3.jpg

Tage
06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Murray will win this year. if he does, something bad will happen.... an Englishman cannot win Wimbledon, without some sort of consequence.

noel411
06-23-2009, 12:07 AM
I think Roger is gay now......

http://i42.tinypic.com/ic6xs3.jpg
Any guy with even the slightest interest in fashion is gay in my books.
Murray will win this year. if he does, something bad will happen.... an Englishman cannot win Wimbledon, without some sort of consequence.
I doubt he will. Maybe. I reckon Federer will win, which is just boring. If Nadal was there he would have won.

noel411
06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I believe Stosur will destroy Ivanovic today/tonight. I'm happy either way really.

I was amazed that Hewitt beat Del Potro, especially in straight sets. I bet he'll lose to whoever it is he's playing today/tonight though.

Tennis is the only sport where I actually enjoy the women's side of it, but I was just thinking the other day that once the Williams sisters retire it's gonna be pretty dull. Hopefully some exciting new players will emerge.

noel411
06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Good tips there, noel.

Prolifical ENG
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
One of the reasons why I think Nadal withdrew was because of his draw. 2 unseeded guys in the early rounds could have given him a hard time and cause him to lose some sets. That would be a really rough 2 weeks if he made it far. I think Clement in the first round would taken a set and Hewet could have taken 1-2 and by the looks of it, Hewitt could have beaten him.

For the womens I dont mind watching, the game is different altogether. I dont mind the grunting but that shrieking is a little too much.

Tomorrow (Monday) is a big day. I ahve to get up early and watch Rodger play on center court but since I will be watching ESPN they will probably show Venus more on court 1 since its an American playing.

However the third match it is Murray on center court and Roddick on court 1 and I want to watch mostly Roddick's game so I hope ESPN pulls the American card there....Hewitt is also playing at the same time on court 2.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
06-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I played a little tennis today and I tried to hit it between my legs and I clipped my ballsack.

It hurt like a motherfucker.

I just started playing tennis last summer, but it is a pretty trill game and its good exercise.

Prolifical ENG
06-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes it is a good sport to play. Its one of the few sports that you can play with your girlfriend and she will actually want to play (most of the time).

Actually I have been playing more this year and got new racket strings and everything. I need very good fitting and quality shoes all the time and double my socks or I get huge blisters on my big toes and cant walk right for 2 days after a match.

I am actually thinking of getting Roddicks Babolat propulses....but they are just a little too much money for athletic shoes I think.

http://thetenniszone.com/images/P/Babolat%20Propulse%202-TZ-2.jpg

oh yeah most of the time me and a friend play and bring a 6 pack of coors king cans and drink them while we play. called the coors light cup.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
i used to like watching and playing tennis when i was younger.

i'm not saying it's a bad sport, but watching tennis started to get on my nerves. only because some matches can last for HOURS or sometimes days when it's Wimbledon. thus you can't move away from your tv set for the whole duration.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
06-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I rock my basketball shoes when I play tennis.

I have also attempted to play tennis with my girl a couple of times, but she kind of sucks.

check two
06-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I played tennis on my high school team, and also for fun a lot when I was younger. I haven't played for years, but I've been meaning to. I remember that my dad all of a sudden started getting 'tennis elbow' when I improved more, and he said he couldn't play anymore. lol I didn't hit the ball the hardest, but I was real accurate with my shots. I had a lob shot that I was known for on my team too. I would hit some type of shot high into the back court that would bounce too high for some of my opponents to get to. lol

noel411
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM
One of the reasons why I think Nadal withdrew was because of his draw. 2 unseeded guys in the early rounds could have given him a hard time and cause him to lose some sets. That would be a really rough 2 weeks if he made it far. I think Clement in the first round would taken a set and Hewet could have taken 1-2 and by the looks of it, Hewitt could have beaten him.

For the womens I dont mind watching, the game is different altogether. I dont mind the grunting but that shrieking is a little too much.

Tomorrow (Monday) is a big day. I ahve to get up early and watch Rodger play on center court but since I will be watching ESPN they will probably show Venus more on court 1 since its an American playing.

However the third match it is Murray on center court and Roddick on court 1 and I want to watch mostly Roddick's game so I hope ESPN pulls the American card there....Hewitt is also playing at the same time on court 2.
Yeah it's getting ridiculous with all the screaming in the girl's game now. So many of them are doing it, and at an absurd level too. Sharapova is the worst. That shit is just off the charts.

Roddick's been playing well. I'm really hoping him and Hewitt will win today, and face off in the quarter's. That'd be great to see, even though I'm pretty sure Roddick would win. Haven't really seen Murray this year. His matches have been on at like 3am over here. Pretty sure I'll be seeing him in at least the semis though.

I'm shit at tennis. I love having a hit when I can though. Preferably with beer. I had a good hit with my brothers recently. Problem was that they're both pretty good and I suck. Good times nonetheless.

Prolifical ENG
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Raw-dick and Hewitt was a good match. I dont know about him beating Murray but he has a good chance the way he doesnt try to outpower his opponents these days.

Its funny seeing that #1 seed on the womens side get crushed by venus...another sister final.

I hope Nestor (only Canadian left) and his partner can beat the Bryan brothers this time.

Suga Duga
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00847/wimso_federerjubel__847114g.jpg

the greatest of all time strikes again.

BGS
07-05-2009, 03:07 PM
and my man federer did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prolifical ENG
07-05-2009, 04:15 PM
That was an excellent match. I thought Raw-dick was going to do it at the end, he looked impossible to break his serve

Slide
07-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I agree with you. That was best match.

HANZO
07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
i wanted Roddick to win, he played well, he deserved to win. but he lost the game in the 2nd set when he had 4 set points and blew it. from then on it was would be too difficult for him, even if Federer didnt look like he had a chance of breaking Roddick's serve.

i hope Roddick can build on this though and be competitive again in the upcoming tournaments.

noel411
07-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Fucken devastating. I was rooting for Roddick so badly. The match was his for the taking in the 2nd set tie breaker. I said to myself when he served at 6-5 in the tie breaker, that if he didn't win that point it was over, and sadly I was correct. I was pleased and surprised that he didn't let it completely ruin him though, and ended up winning the 4th and giving himself every chance to take it in the 5th.

It's a real shame. For Roger it's just another of his 15 slams, but for Roddick it will be the closest he ever gets to winning Wimbledon.

Roger is arguably the greatest of all time, but in the last few years he has won a few really important matches only because his opponents got scared of beating him when they got into a winning position...every slam this year actually. Berdych at the Aussie. Haas at the French. And now Roddick at Wimbledon. I guess probably all great champions have gotten through a few close shaves in that manner though.

noel411
07-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Its funny seeing that #1 seed on the womens side get crushed by venus...another sister final.
It's ridiculous that the Williams sisters weren't seeded 1 and 2, regardless of ranking.

Tage
07-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Roddick deserved to win - obviously.

THE W
07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
the FED is the MAN.

the winner deserved to win. roddick had numerous chances to close that thing out and he didnt. no one to blame but himself....and federer.

those who hate on the FED better pray for nadal to get healthy and stay healthy cuz he's the only reason the FED wasnt playing for his 20th grand slam yesterday.

RALPH WIGGUM
07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
It was great match, except at the end cause Roddick was only using his service, thats always boring. But I'm really glad Fed won Wimbledon again. He deserved to. But still, maybe it wouldn't have gone that way if Nadal had been there.

check two
07-07-2009, 11:42 AM
R.I.P. to Mathieu Montcourt.

check two
09-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Serena Williams goes crazy? lol

"I'm going to shove this ball down your f------ throat".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain gave way to bedlam tonight at the U.S. Open.

Defending champion Serena Williams was charged with a point penalty on match point after yelling at a line judge for a calling a foot fault on her previous serve. The ruling gave Kim Clijsters a 6-4, 7-5 victory in their semifinal match, which had been delayed 32 hours because of rain.

After the line judge called the foot fault with Serena serving at 5-6, 15-30 in the second set, the youngest Williams sister intimidatingly stared her down before screaming at the official with a jabbed finger. After a few seconds, Serena turned back around to serve, thought better of it and resumed the badgering. The chair umpire then called over the line judge to ask what Serena had said, rules officials were summoned, a brief summit occurred at the net and it was determined that Serena would be assessed a point penalty for a conduct violation. The point gave Clijsters the match.

The initial foot fault that began the fireworks was a terrible call. It was unconscionable. It cannot be made at the end of any match, let alone in the semifinals of the U.S. Open. This isn't because a foot fault is a ridiculous call at that juncture (even though it is). It's because it wasn't a foot fault. The replays show that Serena's foot was behind the line when she served. You could make the argument that it was close but not close enough to make the call.

That being said, that's no excuse for Serena to berate an official. Wrong as the official may have been, there's a line that to be crossed and Serena did it pretty early on in her diatribe by saying, "I'm going to shove this ball down your f------ throat".

It got worse from there. There were multiple profanities, more threats and a lot of pointing. I mean, even John McEnroe said it was a bit much.

The explosive end is sure to obscure the fact that Serena probably would have lost the match without the foot fault. Clijsters was playing great and Serena couldn't win a point on her second serve. The end was coming, Serena's outburst merely hastened its arrival. Maybe that was the point.

-sports.yahoo.com

Prince Rai
09-13-2009, 06:43 AM
lol, apparently the official complained to the ref that williams threatened to kill her or something like that! haha

THE W
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
i've always rooted for serena but now she can seriously go fuck herself. she needs to grow up.

what the hell happened to nadal. triple 6-2? rafa got pwned.

that winner federer hit between his legs to get to match point was rather godly.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Just watched fed dog hit an THE GREATEST SHOT IN HISTORY of the game.

And serena was SCREWED overr yesterday on more than just that "foot fault". There were alot of insane line calls on her. That woman deserved that dress down, it was a unfathomable call to make at that point. You just dont do call foot faults like that, and this wasnt even close.

Prolifical ENG
09-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah that foot fault was stupid. Of course they dont call them often when they are committed like that but then the "rule is a rule" shit is bullshit. Reminds me when I handed a paper in to my TA that was due at 5PM and I gave it to her in her office at 5:04 and I got a late penalty....that TA looked like that line judge.

Prince Rai
09-14-2009, 06:13 AM
i've always rooted for serena but now she can seriously go fuck herself. she needs to grow up.

what the hell happened to nadal. triple 6-2? rafa got pwned.

that winner federer hit between his legs to get to match point was rather godly.

I'm guessing nadal hasn't recovered from his injury yet. don't get me wrong, nadal is a g.o.d on the pitch, but if he hasn't got his physical power in tact, you can whoop him easy like that.

THE W
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
it is true he was having some issues but he was able to get through and play some good tennis. guess it caught up to him. rafa's playing style makes him liable for injuries.

we'll see how this guy does against a healthy federer.

THE W
09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
i had a feeling this guy would pull off an upset and i belive he is gonna do it.

federer is SHOOK.

THE W
09-14-2009, 07:55 PM
FED had a horrific service game in this match but for the most part dude just got totally outplayed.

porto broke the machine.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Well I underestimated that guy. I didnt see a problem for Roger but he slowly just broke down the longer the match went.

Good final.

check two
03-15-2010, 05:51 PM
4QSK9t6OrgU

check two
03-28-2010, 12:00 AM
What's with this outfit? She should try to tone down the steroids also.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ten_experts__1/ept_sports_ten_experts-74813984-1269633801.jpg?ymJcq4CD5htJwKJP

check two
05-27-2010, 08:11 AM
ha ha

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ten_experts__2/ept_sports_ten_experts-224692668-1274906631.jpg?ymIwxMDD.udOsfbP

--French Open played in near blackout conditions.

Look closely at the picture above. If you squint closely you can see No. 13 seed Gael Monfils of France standing in the foreground while serving to Italy's Fabio Fognini. Squint even closer and you might be able to find the ball Monfils was tossing into the air.

It was after 9:50 p.m. Wednesday in France and the pair were playing the fifth set of a bizarre second-round match at the French Open. A few minutes later, after Monfils saved three match points, play was suspended for darkness. The ball had barely been visible for the previous two games.

Sound crazy enough yet? That's only the beginning. Here's a look at the five most ridiculous moments from the Gael Monfils-Fabio Fognini match:

1. A tournament referee evidently halted the match and then reconsidered when pressed by Monfils. With darkness enveloping the court at Philippe Chatrier, rules official Stefan Fransson looked set to halt the match at 4-4. It made perfect sense. The match was square, it was almost too dark to see and every other match at Roland Garros had been stopped.

But after a brief discussion with the chair umpire and Monfils (Fognini initially stood near the baseline), Fransson determined that the players would play two more games. Then: chaos. Fognini refused to play, the French fans jeered and, six minutes after Fransson stepped onto the court, play had yet to resume. It was too dark when the discussion began. Six minutes later conditions were unplayable.

2. Fognini received a point penalty for delay of game before serving at 4-4. The delay was initially caused by Fransson's indecision but it was elongated by Fognini's defiance. Buoyed by his coach who was making a "don't play" gesture, Fognini stalled in an attempt to make Fransson reconsider. (At least that's our guess. None of this really makes any sense.) This riled up the partisan French crowd even more, which in turn gave Fognini another reason not to line up to serve. After what seemed like an eternity, the chair umpire finally gave Fognini a point penalty, which made him begin his serve down 0-15.

3. The match only went so long because Monfils choked away a two-set lead. Note to all you junior players out there: There's no need to force drop shots when you have a comfortable lead. Monfils inexplicably kept trying to run Fognini to the net while up two sets despite the fact that most of the drop shots had one of two outcomes: Fognini either got to it or Monfils hit an unforced error. The Italian is known as a player who folds when he gets down in matches. Giving him hope was the biggest mistake Monfils made all day. (Well, until he asked for the match to be prolonged.)

4. Fognini then choked away three match points after the chaos while Monfils was cramping. The Italian won his serve to go up 5-4 and then went up 40-15 on Monfils' serve. Monfils could barely move due to cramping and hobbled around the court. On his serve he stayed flat-footed and looked as if he was serving a volleyball in middle school gym class instead of in a Grand Slam tennis match. He was lucky nobody could see well enough to do anything but try to get the ball in play because if Fognini had run him even a little, it was doubtful he'd have been able to get to anything. Despite his ailments, Monfils prevailed on his serve due to three Fognini unforced errors on match points.

5. Sunset in Paris was at 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday evening. The match was halted at 9:56 p.m. local time. Patrick McEnroe, Pam Shriver and Darren Cahill said it was the darkest conditions they had ever seen at a professional tennis match. It was so dark outside that the Shot Spot technology wasn't working because there were no shadows with which to gauge the positioning of the ball.

-sports.yahoo.com

RALPH WIGGUM
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah and Monfils just lost, bloody italians...

Prolifical ENG
05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Finally got to watch a match today. Seen Rafa....never seen a clay court game in a while....very fun to watch.

beautifulrock
06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Isner vs Mahut

score is 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-7 55-55 in the fifth set

time of match 9 hours 30 minutes +

On ESPNU

beautifulrock
06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
The fifth set alone is 6+ hours, longer than any whole match in Wimbledon history.

beautifulrock
06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
and we will continue tomorrow deadlocked at 59-59 in set #5

Shogah
06-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I can't believe they let them play for so long, i would assume they would stopped it because of exhaustion...

beautifulrock
06-24-2010, 10:52 AM
It's finally over at just past 11 hours Isner wins 70-68 in the fifth set

Jammin
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
wow

SL33
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
crazy

RALPH WIGGUM
06-24-2010, 12:24 PM
lol yeah I heard about this its crazy, world record

RALPH WIGGUM
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
France beat Spain 3-0 in the Davis Cup, now in semi-finals!

check two
01-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Bodybuilder lookalike Serena Williams doesn't like tennis, she says:

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/7419435/serena-williams-love-tennis-live-says

check two
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
-Tennis player banned for life for match-fixing

LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP)—Austrian tennis player Daniel Koellerer became the first player banned for life for match-fixing, losing his appeal at sport’s highest court on Friday.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport dismissed the challenge to a ban imposed by the Tennis Integrity Unit created by the professional tours and international governing body.

Koellerer allegedly “made invitations to other tennis players to fix matches on five occasions,” the court said in a statement. “The panel ruled that the tennis governing bodies had met their burden of proof.”

However, the court decided Koellerer should not pay a $100,000 fine previously ordered.

“The player did not benefit financially from any of the charges for which he has been found liable,” according to the panel of three arbitrators.

Koellerer was the first player banned for life for attempted corruption after being found guilty of violations from October 2009 to July 2010.

He challenged his expulsion at a two-day CAS hearing held last November. The court upheld his ban, “acknowledging that the sanction was sufficiently high enough to reflect the seriousness of the corruption offences.”

Koellerer’s ranking peaked at No. 55 in October 2009.

KERZO
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/11/funny-tennis/funny-tennis-sport-09.jpg

daffy duck
04-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Nadal sucks. He got injured once again and quit. Djokovic continues to win. Go Novak.

http://djokovic.net/images/3.jpg

check two
04-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Lisa Raymond becomes oldest No. 1 in tennis history

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2FHvuxAoQ0dHRtb0eZgpjQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptustenexperts/123263340.jpg

Getting to No. 1 is nothing new for American Lisa Raymond. She's been at the top of the WTA doubles rankings five times in her lengthy career, on-and-off for much of the past decade. Her recent rise to No. 1 is a bit different. In topping this week's list, Raymond becomes the oldest man or woman in history to be at the top of a professional tennis ranking.

"It's definitely a lot more special this time than ever before," Raymond said in a WTA news report. "I'm the fittest I've ever been in my career, and I found the right partner too.

Raymond, 38, will be a co-No. 1 with her playing partner, Liezel Huber. With each successive win, she'll move up the all-time doubles list, where she currently sits at No. 6 in most tournament victories (behind such names as Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King).

"She has worked so hard to be back at the top and I can't even imagine doing that at 38!,
said Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez. "She and Liezel make a great team and will be going for the gold at the Olympics."

Other Lisa stats:

Fifth time reaching No. 1 and her first ascension to the top spot since 2007.

Made her No. 1 debut on June 12, 2000. Bill Clinton was president, "Gladiator" was winning the box office and Caroline Wozniacki was nine.

She won the career Slam in 2006 by winning the French Open. Overall, Raymond has won six Grand Slam titles.

check two
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
ecXcNBjmZ6E

check two
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
- Longtime tennis referee arrested in death of husband

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tennis-referee-arrested-la-death-194028778--ten.html?bcmt=1345606278903-3ff2980f-853e-487c-8b0c-eb859042b840&bcmt_s=u#ugccmt-container-b

check two
09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
-Andy Murray ends Great Britain's 76-year drought with epic U.S. Open win over Novak Djokovic

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tennis--andy-murray-ends-british-drought-with-epic-u-s--open-win.html

KERZO
09-11-2012, 05:22 PM
A scottish person actually does something notable for once, bwahahaha

HANZO
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
A scottish person actually does something notable for once, bwahahaha

i like how though he suddenly has become British, just when he starts winning. once he starts losing again the tabloids will label him Scottish.

check two
05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
haha

Sloane Stephens rips Serena Williams in latest interview

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/sloane-stephens-rips-serena-williams-latest-interview-160553891.html

check two
06-09-2013, 10:30 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/T_Ia2Y3oEMvj8__EG5jx6Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00MjA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/2013-french-open-day-fifteen-20130609-145646-061.jpg

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VPs8wI86vgy6kTwkeze9hg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNTQ7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-06-09/1ed4fdf8-6fea-4793-9e60-2e8d1ff7447f_frenchfan_g_mega.jpg

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CjLJ51954fOKVUn8nPLn5g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00MjA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/2013-french-open-day-fifteen-20130609-145654-078.jpg

check two
08-29-2013, 01:53 AM
- James Blake retires

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2pzVKQoE_aZDC3kWP8ny3g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTcxMDtweW9mZj0wO3E9OD U7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/Sports/ap/201308282336850083405

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tennis--james-blake-says-goodbye-with-tears-and-grace-051459241.html

hectis
06-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Any one watching, or paying attention to Wimbledon 2014?

HANZO
06-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Any one watching, or paying attention to Wimbledon 2014?

yeah, i usually go watch some of the matches live as well. Wimbledon not far from where i work.

I root for Nadal nowadays.

Its funny when you go to watch live, games with Sharapova and especially Ana Ivanovic, i mean good luck finding a seat or even a place to stand. Fucking pervs all over I tell ya.

hectis
07-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Congratulations to Petra Kvitova for winning her second Women's Wimbledon title.

MaskedAvenger
07-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Hopefully Roger can win another too

hectis
07-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Novak Djokovic wins his second Men's Wimbledon title by defeating Roger Federer.

On a side note both Novak Djokovic and Petra Kvitova, the winners of the Men's and Women's Wimbledon Championships in 2014 also both won in 2011.

check two
07-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Is Serena Williams career winding down?

daffy duck
07-06-2014, 12:27 PM
that was a great match between roger federer and novak djokovic

hectis
07-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Is Serena Williams career winding down?

No, but Venus on the other hand I think it is. I mean she hasn't won a Grand Slam singles title since 2008.

HANZO
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Really wanted Federer to win, but really Novak played amazingly well. I mean he was bound to win another grand slam after all losses in the past year.

I hope Federer wins one more slam before he calls it a day.

Funny that the first set in the mens final lasted longer than the entire ladies final. I think the women need to play best of 5 in the finals of grand slams. I don't recall a women's final that was anywhere near as exciting as a men's final.

check two
07-25-2014, 03:28 PM
---- Taylor Townsend forced to play a doubles match all alone when partner went down with injury

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/taylor-townsend-forced-to-play-a-doubles-match-all-alone-when-partner-went-down-with-injury-145314061.html

Mumm Ra
07-25-2014, 03:50 PM
lol thats messed up. i was wondering why they even attempted to play until i got further in the article.

i just picked up playing tennis last winter, been playing 4-5 times a week this summer shit is fun as hell