PDA

View Full Version : Live 8 Concert for Poverty

crastuf
07-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Yo, what do you think about that live 8 concert on mtv and vh1?

Prince Rai
07-02-2005, 01:07 PM
yo peace its good cause.

shame geldof didnt invite enough african artists, he did in the end, but that was mad disrespect.... cos none came obviously

whos on now??

crastuf
07-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Madonna

Origin™
07-02-2005, 01:49 PM
it is a good cause, they will make a shit load of charity money..... but where will it go? where it allways goes? to the rich pollitions in africa, that dont give a fuck about the people, whilst the people have there livly hoods destroyed, there so called leaders drive about in brand new aston martins and mercs and live like kings..... where is the justice in that?

crastuf
07-02-2005, 01:53 PM
same shit I was saying in Government forum but people weren't listening. And because of this history repeats itself half the time. for example the first Live 8 concert back in 85'. They must haven't tried hard enough otherwise we wouldn't go through this.

LHX
07-02-2005, 02:32 PM
they didnt even invite me

i wouldve done it

i dont even like charity

JASPER
07-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Hours of shitty music by snobby self righteous pop artists and unknown rock bands promoting their terrible bands for some useless cause of sending money to corrup African governments... WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

fuck you.

crastuf
07-02-2005, 04:43 PM
the only people wit soul there were the rap artist. they should've had the Wu-Tang in effect

JASPER
07-02-2005, 04:45 PM
All the rap artists that were/are there suck. As a matter of FACT all artists there could suck my dingleberries.

HANZO
07-02-2005, 04:48 PM
good cause but i think its a lost cause, its too late to make poverty history and if the world needs to keep revolving there needs to be 3rd world nations so it will have no affect on the big rich nations. so this is actually pointless.

LHX
07-02-2005, 04:54 PM
i dont even buy this poverty stuff

i cant imagine how a group of farmers in a fertile land (not to mention the cradle of civilization)

can suddenly go hungry

millet grows in dry land

you can live off millet

PEACE

dont trust it

oh no no no

Ronin
07-02-2005, 05:29 PM
the purpose is to affect the g8 summit and get the politicians to agree to clear afrikas debt, the corrupt leaders need merking so fair trade and advancement can be made

i dont think its a charity thing, just use the site toi sign a petition to vote for clearing afrikas debts

LHX
07-02-2005, 05:30 PM
the purpose is to affect the g8 summit and get the politicians to agree to clear afrikas debt, the corrupt leaders need merking so fair trade and advancement can be made

i dont think its a charity thing, just use the site toi sign a petition to vote for clearing afrikas debts
alright

i approve then

PEACE

JASPER
07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Didn't they already agree on that?

HANZO
07-02-2005, 05:36 PM
the G8 leaders wont do anything because the world cannot function with every nation as a modern economical power, then everything would be too expensive and most markets will fail. The western nations and now even china and india will forever keep afrika poor to keep there own interest going according to plan. they wont clear afrikas debts afrika in debt keeps european markets and US markets trading more with each other. Why would they want to allow afrika to trade then the other nations of the world will but farming stuff from the afrikans instead of the western powers.

so its pointless Geldof waisting time

Ronin
07-02-2005, 05:37 PM
i think it will pass, bush is probably against it though, the fucking racist cracker punk ass christian faggot

no offense or anything

id love putin to choke slam blair and bush

JASPER
07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Somebody correct me on this... didn't the G8 leaders already agree to clear Africa's debt?

HANZO
07-02-2005, 05:45 PM
i dont think so

JASPER
07-02-2005, 05:52 PM
To be really honest, I don't give a fuck about poor countries or shitty artists as Bono who get a limo ride back to their 23 million dollar mansion after the concert. I don't give a fuck about anyone but myself and my family and friends

Ronin
07-02-2005, 05:52 PM
nope, not yet...shits in 2 days aint it or a week or something

thats the purpose of this shit

i watched most of it today, was pretty good

i like how snoop said motherfucker about 5000 times before 7pm here, no doubt fags will complain

motherfuck em fa shizzle

LHX
07-02-2005, 06:03 PM
i wonder how many men who live in poverty become fags

my guess is zero

JASPER
07-02-2005, 06:06 PM
When you're poor, you take what you can get.. knahsayin

LHX
07-02-2005, 06:16 PM
no doubt

crastuf
07-02-2005, 06:36 PM
our best music comes from poverty
I'm poverty everyday shit, this ain't nothing new. I don't no why they're so worried now. This is why the government is corrupt, they worry about little shit too much and don't see the bigger picture. So we keep repeating history and then they lie about history. that's why it's called His story. Public Enemy will tell you some shit. But you also gotta listen. Get self and street education to see past this white collar government education. Fuck em.

LHX
07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
they should have a concert like this every saturday

that would show some dedication

crastuf
07-02-2005, 06:40 PM
i know right

kingidivine
07-02-2005, 09:05 PM
They already agreed weeks ago to forgive most African country's debt. In case you guys didn't know, the Ethiopian government pocketed all the money from Live Aid in the 80's. All this shit is so fake and pretentious. Why don't these celebrity fags go to poor countries and give money directly. I would go there if I had money. I will go there soon anyway and help in a different way. Nas will visit Egypt where he thinks he's from. He ain't from there. Go to the poor countries where your ancestors are from and help "your people."

crastuf
07-02-2005, 09:08 PM
That's one thing a 15 yr. old can't is travel when he wants to.

KidSha
07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Damn I just got back from live 8 here in Canada damn it was ill I got shake DMC hand it was peace. I even enjoyed the rock bands; witch is weird because I hate

But they ware saying like peace in the "free world" haha, they all locked down in the matrix.

In peace,
Sha rock haha.

crastuf
07-02-2005, 09:27 PM
you don't know I define the matrix, but those rock bands weren't too great. Overall it was good. But I don't think they found the purpose themselves. I wish it would help more but I don't think it is. It helped one girl and she looked good too, but it ain't helping enough

JASPER
07-03-2005, 05:28 AM
http://tinypic.com/6p2o2d.jpg

Ronin
07-03-2005, 06:42 AM
LOL

snoop had mad jewelry probably mined by starving afrikans used as slaves

dns
07-03-2005, 08:15 AM
What is the fucking big deal to supply food and medicine for poverty stricken area. Who is it hurting, to make sure every child in the world has food, proper medicine so they can have at
least a chance of survival. Why in 200-and-fucking 5 shit remains the same in Africa. We keep advancing in tecgnology and blah blah, we are a mass consumer society, yet there's a certain part of the world that is still suffering. I could never comprehend this shit.

As for the concert, where were artist like Nas, Wu, Ms.Dynamite, Sustem of f The Down, NIN, and other artist from around the world who have powerful message in their music, and been rapping/singing about this situation.

Why would you have pretentious artists like Kanye West, Jay-Z, Destiny Child, Maddonna perform?... Wait a minutes its all about ratings, and seeming imortant. Then, the next time you're talking about "how much money you have" diamonds, and appearing in Lorrea'l commercials/Versace ads

Queen Of Poetry
07-03-2005, 08:43 AM
I went to Live 8 in Philly........off the hook!!!!!!!!!! It's a great cause and when they showed the people in Africa and they brought this one girl out who 20 years ago was close to death and now she goes to school and everything......she was beautiful. Everyone their had tears coming down their face.......

LHX
07-03-2005, 08:54 AM
this society is fucked

anybody who does not recognize that society is fucked is also fucked

i wonder if anybody is going to remember africa by tuesday

PEACE

jus makin some observations...

Prince Rai
07-03-2005, 10:35 AM
this society is fucked

anybody who does not recognize that society is fucked is also fucked

i wonder if anybody is going to remember africa by tuesday

PEACE

jus makin some observations...
yeahh, people better rememba africa and not jus go home and be satisfied what they heared..

though its an achievement to have raised all dat cash tho, nahmean....

dis has 2 continue and not be a 1 off.

JASPER
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm sick of people pretending to care and being so self righteous.

Sicka than aidZ
07-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm sick of people pretending to care and being so self righteous.
jasper

sucks dick

Decka
07-03-2005, 02:30 PM
lol

crastuf
07-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Jasper said it right

HANZO
07-03-2005, 05:15 PM
tru all these ppl who say help the afrikans and shit they wont give a damn a week later. its a waste of time as long as the afrikan goverments are corrupt they will carry on killing themselves

JASPER
07-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Way too many people pretend to care and think it will clear their guilty conscience, next day they'll cary on driving their luxious cars around their white picket fence neighborhoods and occupy their so righteous minds with most insignificant things as brand clothing and their fancy little cellphones completely ignoring all the poverty in the city.

Maybe it's because I think that way, I expect others to be that way too, cause I simply can't develop some kind of compassion for people far away I don't know. I have tried to care, but I can't.

I hope the G8 will discus more important things like air pollution and global warming instead.

kingidivine
07-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Way too many people pretend to care and think it will clear their guilty conscience, next day they'll cary on driving their luxious cars around their white picket fence neighborhoods and occupy their so righteous minds with most insignificant things as brand clothing and their fancy little cellphones completely ignoring all the poverty in the city.

Maybe it's because I think that way, I expect others to be that way too, cause I simply can't develop some kind of compassion for people far away I don't know. I have tried to care, but I can't.

I hope the G8 will discus more important things like air pollution and global warming instead.
:fucku: Are you kidding? What a fuckin' rich white liberal thing to say. This is exactly what celebrities think are important issues. Only rich white people have time to think about such trivial bullshit. Poverty is a real issue. Most people don't have the time or money to think about that hippy shit.

LHX
07-03-2005, 08:10 PM
this planet is such a strange place

JASPER
07-04-2005, 04:37 PM
:fucku: Are you kidding? What a fuckin' rich white liberal thing to say. This is exactly what celebrities think are important issues. Only rich white people have time to think about such trivial bullshit. Poverty is a real issue. Most people don't have the time or money to think about that hippy shit.Did this guy completely miss my point or is he on some super intelligent fucking with my mind shit and is secretly sonning me? You be the judge.. wtf.

LHX
07-04-2005, 08:52 PM
personally

i am still hungry