PDA

View Full Version : Brand Nubian and 5%

White_Mouse
05-19-2006, 01:44 PM
i posted this earlier in the hip-hop section but though i'd get more replies here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ay yo i REALLY like Lord Jamar, but his religion is kinda......SCARY to me!
i love his music and listen to it cause he's just STRAIGHT REAL (and has decent lyricism).
but as a christian (which i know seems like the "white mans's religion)
we are taught that we are not gods or what ever but are to serve GOD.
I can see that 5% promotes pro-black and empwerment to minorities,
and i'm still down with Jamar even though we differ in beleifs.
how do yall feel bout this (whether u be christian, muslim, jewish, or buddist)

KidSha
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
i posted this earlier in the hip-hop section but though i'd get more replies here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love his music and listen to it cause he's just STRAIGHT REAL (and has decent lyricism).
how do yall feel bout this (whether u be christian, muslim, jewish, or buddist)
I built with some peace gods, but i also built with some peace christians, musilims, buddists, reverens, dudes that dont have religion, and they ware all peace folks to me, every religion/nation has the right sidekick to it... i think so..

CherChezLaMarauder
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
lol @ hip hop and religous beliefs. That's the ultimate oxymoron

Kephrem
05-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Alot of the first Mc's had gang as well as "religous" for lack of a better term affiliation (5%, NOI, Hebrew Israelite, Ansaar Allah). Some of the top MC's deal(t) with knowledge which is of a spiritual nature. (Killah Priest, Nas, Wu, Rakim, etc)

Prince Rai
05-19-2006, 04:56 PM
i respect people who can eloborate about their faith beliefs philosphies ideas through music.

whether i believe all that lord jamar says is my matter of opinion and perhaps ignorance, but i believe ultimately that all people who make the effort to shine their mind out have the right to be heard.

White_Mouse
05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
i totally agree with you.

blackwisdom
05-19-2006, 10:11 PM

how do yall feel bout this (whether u be christian, muslim, jewish, or buddist)Christianity as well as just about every religion came from Africa... Black Africa to be specific.

Imhotep was reveared as one of the first Christ figures. You can't be taught that you are God because that would be a lie. To be God you have to be Original. The caucasian 'race' (I don't like that word) as well as all other 'races' are the offspring of the Black 'race.' Early civilizations viewed Blacks as Gods. You really have to study antiquity to understand. Not the History Channel either. Anyone with the truth probably won't give it to you off top because they may feel that it's a waste of effort. Just being real, but there are ample books out there.

First understand that the Black Woman is the majority of the planet and she is reveared over all in African Spirituality. We are not the minority in the world the white male is. There's an almost 8 thousand year old septar with a Twa Priest holding the Black Power Solute on top of it, so black power is nothing new. It just may be new to you.

I think he's cool as long as you lace his pockets so he can get at the community with it feeding the babies.

Salvation is salvation. Check out my signature to see what I think about that.

My words may sound sharp but I'm just trying to be straight forward with you. This struggle goes much deeper than most think. It becomes a lifestyle even more intricate than Hip Hop.

blackwisdom
05-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I built with some peace gods, but i also built with some peace christians, musilims, buddists, reverens, dudes that dont have religion, and they ware all peace folks to me, every religion/nation has the right sidekick to it... i think so..I like to hear that. People building. I had to pump the breaks today on a religious conversation. We had to bring it back to humanity instead of who is right and prove your point this and that. It's irrelovent if you're going to take offense to someone's beliefs. If we can't be cool about 'religion' we can be cool about humanity, how can we help each other is a better way to approach that situation.

Again, it's good to hear people building in peace.

Yasir Allah
05-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Peace

I understand your fear, you have been taught to fear a mysterious being that no one has ever seen. I was taught that way too, until I woke up, consider this, in YOUR bible it says that as original people we are Gods (read Psalms 82). Also how do you know that by being a christian you are serving God? Who is God? What does he look like? Is it even a He? If he is a he then doesn't that make him a person and not a spirit? These are just a few questions to ask yourself. Jesus said the "the Kingdom of Heaven exists in you" look for the answers within yourself, research, use your own common sense the Creator has blessed you with. Be a free thinker and do not take ANYTHING on face value.

As far as Lord Jamar, he is a Peace brother I have met him personally because he came and did a non for profit show for the Nation of Gods and Earths here in C-Medina (Chicago) for FREE! The show was to help raise money for a youth center we are striving to get for the children in Chicago. The God came here with Wise Intellingent and got down. Everyone get that 5% Album!

Peace!

KidSha
05-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I like to hear that. People building. I had to pump the breaks today on a religious conversation. We had to bring it back to humanity instead of who is right and prove your point this and that. It's irrelovent if you're going to take offense to someone's beliefs. If we can't be cool about 'religion' we can be cool about humanity, how can we help each other is a better way to approach that situation.

Again, it's good to hear people building in peace.

I see a bit of myself in every human being, therefore to maintain peace within myself I need to be at peace with others :)

build on...

in peace