PDA

View Full Version : aaaaaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaaah

PANDA PISS
05-19-2006, 03:22 PM
at the start of Pharoahe Monches 'Rape', and the intro to OutKasts 'Synthesizer', there is thew same sample of a woman screaming.
now, either one sampled it off the other (not sure when Monches album came out), or its from a TV Show/Film/Old Record
anyone know?
this thread might not even get one reply
lol

Ya_Bane
05-19-2006, 06:11 PM
They are not sampled from each other. That exact sample have been used in looads of movies, I've heard it in atleast 10-15 different movies. Last time I think was in "Wag The Dog".

PANDA PISS
05-19-2006, 06:14 PM
why has it been used in loads of movies?
cant they make their own screams
dont make sense
please explain

Ya_Bane
05-19-2006, 06:19 PM
why has it been used in loads of movies?
cant they make their own screams
dont make sense
please explain

I wonder that too, really weird.

Ya_Bane
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I think it's a dark concpiracy of some sort.

TAURO
05-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Standard movie making practices, alot of movies tend to use the same sound libraries, check for example on star wars everytime you see a stormtrooper fall off a ledge or something you hear this quite weird scream, then watch indiana jones and you hear the exact same scream with the nazis. I thought it was because they both where creations of george lucas but I've also heard that same scream in other movies.

The Antagonist
05-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Standard movie making practices, alot of movies tend to use the same sound libraries, check for example on star wars everytime you see a stormtrooper fall off a ledge or something you hear this quite weird scream, then watch indiana jones and you hear the exact same scream with the nazis. I thought it was because they both where creations of george lucas but I've also heard that same scream in other movies.
Yeah, I know what your talking about, that generic man-scream that gets used everywhere.
Its pretty funny, really.

IvanKorbi
05-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Man, i was noticing the same thing couple of days ago with those kast og monch tracks.

Bedlam
05-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Everytime people clash swords against each other, its the same sound effect. I heard the same shit in "Montey Python: Holy Grail" as I did in that old game, Civilization II. Someone has to know what I'm talking about! When the legion attacks, makes the same sound as when King Arthur is fighting the black knight. Go check it out!

PANDA PISS
05-20-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah certain explosions too, are the same in other films
that sample seems to be just a popular track from a sound library
you can dl the exact sample im talking about on limewire
i can see plenty of overuse in the beats i make