PDA

View Full Version : whats the point?

energizer
05-20-2006, 08:53 PM
i get depressed these days and contemplate suicide mainly because i see no point in life, everyone believes in a supreme being, a 'god' if you may but how do we know the first human beings didnt invent this idea of god during a chaotic time to set order, i also am buggin on how life was created and shit, im a goddamn 15 year old kid who doesnt fit in cuz his friends are worried about the pistons making it to the playoffs where i dont see a point in living when the pain you endure weighs out all happiness so why not jus end life, life may even start after we are dead, but then defining life is a different story
whatever im bored

Os3y3ris
05-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Stop whining and get a hobby.

LHX
05-20-2006, 09:11 PM
keep learning

find a way out

suicide prolly wont work too good

LHX
05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
the point is to figure out the point

thelion1856
05-20-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah exactly your just 15 but the way u think when your 15 will be a lot different from the way u will think when your 20 and then it will change completely when your 25. Someone once told me this and i did not believe it but it is 100% true as anyone could tell you. Stop focusing on god and religion so much. Religion is bullshit anyways, but if u do want to learn about the most documented and unchanged religion then look into islam. Islam is by far the truest religion, unchanged by "priests" and others through time.

G-Gka-Genius
05-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Looking for attention?

SKANK HILL
05-20-2006, 09:27 PM
dont believe into any religion if ur not especially certain religions that force it down your throat, some thru violence and some thru political manipulation, if you want to learn religion, learn buddhism, its the purest religion full of spiritual enlightenment and you will certainly be far better for it if you stick to it and you truely in your heart believe the values and virtues, it can be very rewarding, especially since you feel you have no place and it can guide you, but each to their own

TeknicelStylez
05-20-2006, 09:34 PM
lol at everyone

NONONONO

Learn this religion...

blackwisdom
05-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Look in the mirror every morning when you rise and tell yourself, "I love you. You are important. The Creator of all existance loves you. I respect you. I need you. Your powerful and you're a divine being." Only through a positive perspective can you pull through your ordeal. Gravitate yourself towards real 'friends' that Love (Action Verb ) you. Learn to be at peace with yourself in the mist of confusion. Find something that builds your self esteem and nutrure it. Draw, write, play ball, freestyle, dance, sing, skate, play, have fun, smile, laugh, hell even skip. But one more thing know this. I'm showing you Love. So know that at least one person Loves you. Love yourself and Love the energy that created you.

Peace and Blessings Friend.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

hidden ninja
05-21-2006, 12:36 AM
there is no 'point', just find something to do with the time you have.

MaShPG
05-21-2006, 01:20 AM
damn, ya'll be saying some horrible shit to a suicidal kid which really ain't cool. don't think it can't happen, cause on this other forum i go to some kid killed himself after nobody was hearing his problems.

Don't even stress out over this point in your life. 15 years from now, it won't matter who won the NBA Championship, what clothes you wore, how popular you were, or anything else. The only thing that will matter is the knowledge and wisdom you attain and what you do with that. Focus (but don't stress out) on school and work to get good grades so you can go to a good college and secure a great job. Just chill, and look forward to your future, while enjoying your present.

King Justice
05-21-2006, 01:21 AM
i get depressed these days and contemplate suicide mainly because i see no point in life, everyone believes in a supreme being, a 'god' if you may but how do we know the first human beings didnt invent this idea of god during a chaotic time to set order, i also am buggin on how life was created and shit, im a goddamn 15 year old kid who doesnt fit in cuz his friends are worried about the pistons making it to the playoffs where i dont see a point in living when the pain you endure weighs out all happiness so why not jus end life, life may even start after we are dead, but then defining life is a different story
whatever im bored

I felt the same way before but Perservernce is the Key,
If you let the unhappiness swell in ya head nothin good comes out its like Algebra nah mean ya add negative to negative ya only get negative
It always gets the Darkest before Dawn man

energizer
05-21-2006, 10:14 AM
thanks for all the help i guess i should just try to chill mostly and not overthink things, just have fun and be positive

TeknicelStylez
05-21-2006, 10:30 AM
:thumbup:

When I was your age I lived in a little ass house (shack) with no heat, no insulation, and mad holes in the roof. I would eat like 2 times a week if I was lucky. My pops used to lock himself in his room and go on coke binges for months on end popping sleeping pills and doing all types of drugs. I used to go to school wearing the same clothes everyday and they had holes in them, the bottom of my pants was torn almost to the knee so I had to staple them together.

Thats all I'll get into for now

Laugh if you think I'm joking

Machete
05-21-2006, 11:23 AM
but if u do want to learn about the most documented and unchanged religion then look into islam. Islam is by far the truest religion, unchanged by "priests" and others through time.
Hilarious. Don't listen to them, listen to me. {:(

Nothing will change this kid except time. Grow a pair and trudge through the mudhole like all of us do.

LHX
05-21-2006, 11:30 AM
i was suicidal until i found out that death is a myth

now i just feel restless
and tired

WU-KILLAH
05-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't do that man, you would regret it after ! ;)

energizer
05-21-2006, 01:23 PM
hahaha^^i wouldnt be able to regret it but yea i no

TeknicelStylez
05-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Chyea mang, besides suicide is mad selfish

Obviously you got family or at least a couple people that care about you. Take somebody you really care about for instance, if they were to up and kill themselves one day without saying anything to you, how would that make you feel?

Sometimes you have to take into perspective how your actions affect others, because everything you do can change a persons life even if you don't notice!

energizer
05-21-2006, 02:41 PM
^^yea thas real talk i dont got much people who giv a fuck about me but there are a few and i dont want to negatively affect them

TeknicelStylez
05-21-2006, 03:30 PM
i dont got much people who giv a fuck about me

I'm pretty sure the people you are talking about is family members, in which case the love is unconditional, although none of the less important.

If you want people to love you, care about you, and want you to be around. First and most importantly you have to love yourself. Realize your true existance as a great and complex individual with alot to offer to any society, and people will see you that way!

soul controller
05-21-2006, 03:59 PM
all your friends, all your family
are a part of u,

they are mirrors of yourself

if u dont like what u change in the mirror,

change what it is reflecting.. i.e change urself.

peace and i wish u all the best.

Oztradamus
05-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Suicide is the pussy way out..

WTF?
05-22-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.caboose.org.uk/media/Nigeria/Akassa/June05/PathToApparambie_w.jpg

froth
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks for all the help i guess i should just try to chill mostly and not overthink things, just have fun and be positive

what i suggest is that you read as much as possible about other cultures, religion, and worldviews; read a book on Taoism, American Indian culture, Pacific islander cosmology, and Hinduism all at the same time. read a book on meditation and try it; read 'cosmic trigger' by robert anton wilson. i bet you $1.25 you feel better. you sound like a smart yet troubled kid who may very well develop a reverence for life and nature as well as the divinity inside yourself if you try this

also peace to blackwisdom, very nice post

froth
05-23-2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.caboose.org.uk/media/Nigeria/Akassa/June05/PathToApparambie_w.jpg

there is a deep spiritual signifigance in this post; it said everything without words

it reminds me of the story of a Zen philosopher who was prepareing to tall a speech to students; just as he was a bout to speak, a bird from outside the window sang; the philosopher then said that the lesson was over and left

denaturat
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM

find meaning in learning.... when you search deep down inside and realise that religion is an invention and that there is no evidence for the existence of god, you may initially be dissapointed, but then you may begin to gain confidence as you will discover your own power of intellect, your own independent view of the world and a motivation that comes from within - motivation to do what you think is right and not what some book or some invented god tells you is right. Learning and knowledge can sustain people through the worst in their life.

froth
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
denaturat, you really are amazing; it seems your knowledge of religion begins and ends at the bible, and not even a learned view of the bible but a selective view, only seeing the bad, never the good; also unable to understand allegory, only the literal. i feel sorry for you.

denaturat
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
denaturat, you really are amazing; it seems your knowledge of religion begins and ends at the bible, and not even a learned view of the bible but a selective view, only seeing the bad, never the good; also unable to understand allegory, only the literal. i feel sorry for you.

allegory is only useful to me only insofar as it helps illustrate that which can be supported by reason.

froth
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
i can understand you disdain for the idea of a punishing god or your disdain for a concept of sin; i think i know where you are coming from; its just that that is a very narrow view; a reasonable man like yourself should be aware of that

denaturat
05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
i can understand you disdain for the idea of a punishing god or your disdain for a concept of sin; i think i know where you are coming from; its just that that is a very narrow view; a reasonable man like yourself should be aware of that

that I understand, but I take issue with commitment to a certain view that is not based evidence. even if you were to advance an idea of a truly omnibenevolent being who never punishes and loves all of his/her creation I would still question such a view because it is not based on evidence. It is possible that it exists but there are other infinite posibilites. I chose to accept those possibilities for which there is at least some evidence. And the most reliable way of discovering evidence is through reason.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Aren't all 15year olds suicidal anyway? I seem to remember punching the wall a lot for no reason when I was that age. Its them hormones.
It's all about getting smarter though, once you got the knowledge, it's far easier to find your niche in terms of prople and relationships. The way society is going is an inevitability, so there's not point worrying about it all the time. Don't look to religion to be your answer to everything either, it's always important to adopt meaning, rather than take things on face value and doctrine. Such books help, but finding your own meaning to how the world works is massively important (even if people think your ideas are stupid and flawed, you at least have an opinion based around thinking outside of the box)
The one thing iI found helped me a lot when it came to confidence, is just keep youre head high and never bow it. It may sound strange but people acknowledge presence, and you don't have presence with your eyes and mouth facing the floor.

denaturat
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Aren't all 15year olds suicidal anyway? I seem to remember punching the wall a lot for no reason when I was that age. Its them hormones.
It's all about getting smarter though, once you got the knowledge, it's far easier to find your niche in terms of prople and relationships. The way society is going is an inevitability, so there's not point worrying about it all the time. Don't look to religion to be your answer to everything either, it's always important to adopt meaning, rather than take things on face value and doctrine. Such books help, but finding your own meaning to how the world works is massively important (even if people think your ideas are stupid and flawed, you at least have an opinion based around thinking outside of the box)
The one thing iI found helped me a lot when it came to confidence, is just keep youre head high and never bow it. It may sound strange but people acknowledge presence, and you don't have presence with your eyes and mouth facing the floor.

I fully agree with this

froth
05-23-2006, 01:52 PM
that I understand, but I take issue with commitment to a certain view that is not based evidence. even if you were to advance an idea of a truly omnibenevolent being who never punishes and loves all of his/her creation I would still question such a view because it is not based on evidence. It is possible that it exists but there are other infinite posibilites. I chose to accept those possibilities for which there is at least some evidence. And the most reliable way of discovering evidence is through reason.

another way of discovering evidence so to speak is through personal experience; and when you achieve a transcendent experience of your own, while you may never catch but a glimmer of the existence of what we call god, the divinity of each of us and all things, the unknowable, the transcendent, outside of time, you open a lost part of our collective human experience and are able to live with a constant sense of wonder and reverence towards life;D

denaturat
05-23-2006, 01:57 PM
you can live with the sense of wonder by being rational. transcendentalism on the other hand is nothing other than an agitated psychological state. it's an illusion and has no basis in reality.

froth
05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
well, my point in several of these threads can be summarized somewhat by saying that different things work for different people; however i respectfully disagree with your evaluation of ecstatic experiences, as in my experience they are certainly as real as any other and have great value...for me

denaturat
05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
well, my point in several of these threads can be summarized somewhat by saying that different things work for different people; however i respectfully disagree with your evaluation of ecstatic experiences, as in my experience they are certainly as real as any other and have great value...for me

cool. I repsect different or opposing views, so long as I agree with the intentions and motivations behind those views. Thus, I respect what you and many others say here in spite of our ostensible disagreement.

TeknicelStylez
05-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Wow me and froth share the same beliefs

I still hate your guts though

just playing, I don't hate anyone

energizer
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
goddamn thanks i didnt expect such a turnout but yea dis helped enuf

WTF?
05-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Just walk on you'll find out.

thelion1856
05-24-2006, 12:01 AM
listen to Froth, he knows what hes talking about read some books on Zen, i garuntee you will look at life diferently once you read books on Zen teachings.

froth
05-24-2006, 12:04 AM
thanks lion, and let me say that to read about these things is not to throw away reason but to enhance it

Kong
05-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Just stop that serious shit for a while and enjoy yourself dont let life get you like that at that age, you might regret it some day.