PDA

View Full Version : world cup 06 predictions

JackOfHearts
05-21-2006, 03:41 PM
the best sport competetion is here and already im buzzin abou it-

bbc has got a mint predictor thing where u can predict results- u do ur results then post here any controversial predictions or shock u have in mind and who you think will win etc.

played!

bbc predictor-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/predictor/html/football/world_cup_06/default.stm

GENERAL WISE
05-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Brazil

Usa is going to rank higher this time

g_flex
05-21-2006, 06:03 PM
as long aint england dun win..not hatin but they make a big publicity witout cmg close to winnin....probably a Brazil upset...

Alcryt
05-22-2006, 07:28 AM
as long aint england dun win

co-sign but only cause im Scottish and its only natural that i dont want england to win:lmao:

Cuchulain
05-22-2006, 10:19 AM
hard to look past brazil, they could enter 3 teams.
italy have a superb squad also. i'll go with these 2

SKANK HILL
05-22-2006, 10:37 AM
USA wont get out their group, theyre a team who can only win in the US against weak CONCACAF and CONEMBOL teams and sub standard understrength european teams

as for winning, my money was on brazil last world cup and everyone i knew laughed at me and said 'argentina or italy' the argies and italians wont make the semis, i hoping australian can beat croats :fucku: player stealing,germany-1998-knocking-out cunts :fucku: i thik we got a mad chance against croats and japan, brazil, pssshhh who knows what can happen, hopefully the best, as for my other half germany KO'd in the quarters if they bypass england, and the eventual winner? hopefully holland cos i got a $50 ridin on them @ $17!!!!!! i think holland can do it too, i also think portugal is capable but probably wont, hard to past brazil

look for czechs, ukraine, switzerland, sweden and cote d'ivorie to have good world cups too -- be on the look out for MARCO BRESCIANO this cats insane!!!

Moctezuma
05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
brazil won't even reach the quarters

TUCO
05-22-2006, 06:46 PM
my money's on France
ZIZOU!

Frontal Lobotomy
05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
If England are to win the competition any time soon, it'll be this year. If this happens, they'll retain the trophy, I've no doubt about that. Germany I think will do a good job too, a lot of people never rate them, but they're the most consistent tournament team besides Brazil. I can't see Brazil winning this time though, and quite frankly, I'd rather not see them in the final again as they've been in it 3 tournaments straight now. They have the best squad on paper in the tournament, and I think that'll be what works against them, as a lot of coaches will have been doing their homework on them for a good 3 years or so now, and seeing as even I can see blatant ways of smashing goals past them, the people picking their teams must be having a field day.
Italy also have a shot at the trophy, as they need something positive to take the impact off of their top sides being so corrupt, that and Totti needs to step up and be the next Roberto Baggio like he was supposed to be. The team I'd like to see win this year is Holland though, they've never won it and perhaps to deserve it, I'd say the same for Spain but they're nototious for bottling it in big tournaments.
Outside teams to do extremely well this year: Ivory Coast, Austrailia
Potential golden boot winners: Adriano, Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Owen, Toni
Winners: Enalgnd (though I don't look forward to hearing about it for the next four years)
FIFA World Cup Dream Team: My Yahoo Dream Team haha

HANZO
05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
anyone else from brazil it will be a upset and a surprise. they have the best squad play the best football and are just the best team. but i will be supporting argentina, i hope they win they also have the talent and i have a feeling like they can win.

JackOfHearts
05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
italy 2 win it 2-1 against england in the final

golden boot: toni, owen, ronaldo (the usual)

best player: totti, gerrard, ronaldihno, fabregas....

4-Bar Killer
05-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Brazil

other great teams that'll might win: Argentina, (Germany), Italy, France
Outsiders: England (hope they'll win), Holland, Croatia, Chech Republic, Sweden, Portugal.

I hope Ghana will go as far as possible..

Sifu Dragon
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
a lot of people want to doubt that Brazil will win it again because they're always in the final and are clearly the best team....well i think they're gonna be in it again and win it again so FUCK Y'ALL DOUBTERS!

hmm, England will make it through their group stage...my guess is the furtherest they can get is to the semis but they'll probably get knocked out in the quarters again

damaja
05-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Sweden will win their group, England 2nd, England will then lose to Germany.

SKANK HILL
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
ooohhhh i hope ur right damaja cos all hells gonna break lose in my fam if eng meet germany either way, my uncle married to a english woman and they both passionate about football, oohhh i still remember euro 2000 and that ugly 5-1 thumping...poor man cpped it big time

cap
05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
italy is gonna take it this year

ITALIA E FORTE E VINCERA!!

SKANK HILL
05-25-2006, 07:17 AM
booyakasha australia 1-0 greece aaaaand USA 0-1 Morocco LOL so mr dickhead faggot american coach who said australia was shit, couldnt beat morocco in ya own backyard couldnt beat germany who ya 14 places infront of the rankings (even tho thats a wank) could barely beat a disgracefuly understrength japanese team, ya call us fucking shit and say we dont deserve to be at the world cup yet we beat a fucking EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS WITH 9 STARTERS FROM EURO 2004 FINAL EAT A DICK U FAGGOT EAT A HUMBLE PIE FULL OF DICK YOU COCK BLOWER - never hate and never doubt us cos we ALWAYS come back to bite u in the ass, eh mr alvaro recoba have fun watchin the world cup on tv u cocksucker

planetÇurope
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Sweden will win their group, England 2nd, England will then lose to Germany.

Exactly, and Germany will win the Cup. Don't underestimate the home field advantage.

Racailla
05-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Brazil by far
Argentine and France ain't in shape
England misses Rooney
Germany ain't the Germany as regarded by Lineker

to make money, I'd probably place my bets on Croatia :)

HANZO
05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
booyakasha australia 1-0 greece aaaaand USA 0-1 Morocco LOL so mr dickhead faggot american coach who said australia was shit, couldnt beat morocco in ya own backyard couldnt beat germany who ya 14 places infront of the rankings (even tho thats a wank) could barely beat a disgracefuly understrength japanese team, ya call us fucking shit and say we dont deserve to be at the world cup yet we beat a fucking EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS WITH 9 STARTERS FROM EURO 2004 FINAL EAT A DICK U FAGGOT EAT A HUMBLE PIE FULL OF DICK YOU COCK BLOWER - never hate and never doubt us cos we ALWAYS come back to bite u in the ass, eh mr alvaro recoba have fun watchin the world cup on tv u cocksucker

yes the USA losing to morroco who are an average african side proves that they are shit. the greeks losing to autralia and being knocked out of the world cup by finishin 4th in their qualifying group also proves another point that winning the Euro was the biggest fluke in sporting history and no one else can match it.

Alesco
05-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Al go for argintina for tha whole thing.... They have alot of tallent and they will become the 2cnd team to win tha world cup in urope.. Tha first being brasil

Funk_Dock
05-26-2006, 05:45 PM
na i disagree, i doubt germany could win it, but they do have the home advantage so i wont write em off

I'm all for england, id bet money on them to win it .
i think rooney's gonna be better by the 2nd group match, so no problems there. with the full team this year i think england can take on ANYBODY

other possible winners : brazil, italy, czech republic...dont see many other teams reachin the final...

SKANK HILL
05-27-2006, 12:14 AM
yes the USA losing to morroco who are an average african side proves that they are shit. the greeks losing to autralia and being knocked out of the world cup by finishin 4th in their qualifying group also proves another point that winning the Euro was the biggest fluke in sporting history and no one else can match it.

yeh you can hate on us, but where does that leave englands loss to northern ireland?

HANZO
05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
england are shit they lost to belarus as well they are nuffin without gerrard and lampard. they struggled to qualify for the world cup. yes they beat argentina but if you watched that matched its clear that argentina owned england for the entire match until the took off riqeulme. i aint hatin on australia, just pointing out how shit greece are.

Fr@z
05-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Brazil.

No chance England will win, I hope they get fucked every game the scummy bastards.

Ink Is My Drink
05-27-2006, 09:58 AM
i dunno who gonna win i jus hope its not brazil . im bored of seeing them win haha

and of course i want england to win thats where im frm!

but will also be supporting holland

Alcryt
05-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Brazil.

No chance England will win, I hope they get fucked every game the scummy bastards.

co-sign
I only support two teams, Scotland and whoever England are playing :thumbup:

SKANK HILL
05-27-2006, 11:30 AM
co-sign
whoever England are playing :thumbup:

co-co-sign :thumbup:

Frontal Lobotomy
05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
It's a shame England bring all this hate on themselves, as they have a good side, and the best midfield in the tournament. I'm still pissed with their fans smashing up Lansdowne Road, but we were winning anyway so it's cool. I can't bring myself to dislike the team though, as they're immensely talented. If they have the passion this tournament, they'll dick any side in front of them, that I'm sure of. But they've not had that passion since Italia 90 so it'll be interesting to see when it does resurface again.

HANZO
05-27-2006, 04:43 PM
best midfield england?? i dont think so brazil have that in the bag. i live in england and cant help hating england. its all the media hype about rooney, beckham and about how they are the real favourites to win the world cup. in the 2002 world cup the players who saved england were campbell and ferdinand but you didnt hear shit about them. this year it will be terry, gerrard and lampard again they dont give a shit about them. all about rooney this rooney that. and then its all about theo walcott a player who no one has seen play. they hype themselves up soo much, like i said when they beat argentina everyone got a boner, when it was clear argentina owned england for the entire match. then they stopped playing after the 80th minute. they got a boner over this friendly but you never hear about when they lost to belarus. also another point is that whenever they lose its blamed on a ref or eriksson. what da fuk can eriksson do if the players have no passion in them. the last point is that the english still think about beating germany 5-1 wow, the germans have owned england on plenty of occasions.

whitey
05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
^ you cant even bring up that loss to belarus like it was serious. that fucking goalie blows a groin kicking a ball they get scored on, when the fuck has that ever happend? that goal shouldnt really count in the grand schem, freakiest goal ive seen in a while. and you cant say they dont beat the shit out of that team with the full squad there. errikson just wanted to get a look at some people, so a loss in the situation is meaningless and a waste of time to talk about.

and with people like maradona saying rooney is the next him, i think he deserves to get a little bit of hype. england are solid all the way through with rooney there. (minus goalie). they are a legitimate cup threat, with rooney there. without....there still a pretty good team, but i doubt theyll win it.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Vitaly Kutuzov was a proper cunt for scoring that goal when Green went down injured. I can understand why people look to Rooney, as he's an inspirational player, but the kid is only 20. It's like Messi going to the World Cup, did you know Peckerman didn't even want to call him up? The kid isn't even fit himself but he's the player people talk about for Argentina despite all their other class players.
As for Brazil's midfield being better than England's? Ronaldinho and Kaka are only 2 of their midfield, and only one of them goes back into their own half (Kaka) their central pairing of Ze Roberto (who is traditionally a winger) and Emerson are nowhere near as strong as Lampard and Gerrard. Like for like I think that if England are to ever rank above Brazil in the near future, then this tournament will be the one.

chiba
05-28-2006, 01:00 AM
for some odd reason i think the finals could be
i think brazil will win it all
argentina and italy are in tuff groups
watch out for ukrane mexico iran and czecs

brazil vs portugal
brazil vs germany
brazil vs holland

ol dirty abbot
06-02-2006, 12:27 AM
cant see england doing fuck all again cant see spain doing much better brazil and argentina gonna own

Ghost Deini
06-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Brazil son Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are too ill.

Longbongcilvaringz
06-05-2006, 03:16 AM
Italy and australian for the final.

Fr@z
06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Italy and australian for the final.

oh really

Sifu Dragon
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
are you people just naming countries that you know will never win the world cup to win for a joke?

can i join in?

GO TOGO GO-TO GO TOGO TO-GO GO TOGO!!!

ol dirty abbot
06-06-2006, 08:10 AM
are you people just naming countries that you know will never win the world cup to win for a joke?

can i join in?

GO TOGO GO-TO GO TOGO TO-GO GO TOGO!!!

yes

Longbongcilvaringz
06-06-2006, 08:28 AM
^new zealand doing well this year. just got killed by brazil. its all good though.

Jeremy94
06-08-2006, 05:15 AM
http://http://www.sportytrader.com/actu/images/zidane.jpg

That's what you'll see the 9th July

arto
06-11-2006, 05:19 PM
ah... the first post-cup-start post. best match so far has got to have been sweden and trinidad. of all the teams so far, argentina looks the strongest. i still have faith in england though, we just need to warm up a bit. i do think that england have the best chance since '90 to clinch it. we can do it, very possibly, as the squad, minus a few blips is solid, and yes, england does have the best midfield in the world. they say rooney could play the knockout stages. just think, robinson, terry, ferdinand, neville, cole, lampard, beckham, gerrard, cole, rooney and owen. i've not seen a squad of that caliber since 1990, and not many can beat that. our only tests would be argentina, portugal and brazil, probably. i think we're guaranteed a quarter finals spot, as we'll certainly win our group and then play poland or ecuador, and we have a solid chance of a semi final match up, and the final isn't too much of a stretch, neither is winning it. england ftw. i pick mexico as my second favourite team, certainly a team to watch, after seeing their first game today i think they can be confident with getting to the last 8. realistically, it's gonna be between brazil, italy, argentina and england for the cup.

TUCO
06-11-2006, 08:52 PM
^^^^ u can remember life in 1990??

Frontal Lobotomy
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
1990 wasn't the best of world cups really, although the boys from Eire made it to the quarters for the first and only time so far, those were good times (even if I was six and couldn't enjoy a pint at the time)

whitey
06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
ah... the first post-cup-start post. best match so far has got to have been sweden and trinidad. of all the teams so far, argentina looks the strongest. i still have faith in england though, we just need to warm up a bit. i do think that england have the best chance since '90 to clinch it. we can do it, very possibly, as the squad, minus a few blips is solid, and yes, england does have the best midfield in the world. they say rooney could play the knockout stages. just think, robinson, terry, ferdinand, neville, cole, lampard, beckham, gerrard, cole, rooney and owen. i've not seen a squad of that caliber since 1990, and not many can beat that. our only tests would be argentina, portugal and brazil, probably. i think we're guaranteed a quarter finals spot, as we'll certainly win our group and then play poland or ecuador, and we have a solid chance of a semi final match up, and the final isn't too much of a stretch, neither is winning it. england ftw. i pick mexico as my second favourite team, certainly a team to watch, after seeing their first game today i think they can be confident with getting to the last 8. realistically, it's gonna be between brazil, italy, argentina and england for the cup.

I dont think you can call a midfield with no holding midfielder the best in the world. They are all good players in there no doubt, I just think every team needs that guy to really excell.

Rash_o_Mon
06-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Argentina, Holland and Brazil... Spain is a team to consider as well. Portugal i don't know, fuckin' Cristiano thinks his a Hollywood star, instead of playin' ball he cares more about being on TV...
Altough i'm portuguese yesterday i was with ANGOLA
Hail MANTORRAS, AKW┴ and Z╔ KALANGA

P.E.A.C.E.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
06-12-2006, 08:06 AM
they way england played in their first group match was pretty bad, they crumpled completely in the second half. they definatley wont be winning the world cup

Skellington
06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
ITALY all the way!!!!!!!!!

Hz Deep
06-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Damn just saw USA vs Czech Republic, haha. Can't wait to see them play Italy, I think it might even reach double figures USA 0 - Italy 15.

Seriously though, whats up with the USA's team? huge country, sport mad, but can't play football to save their lives! its an enigma.

Kong
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
england will step it up when the time is right.

Hz Deep
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
^ yeah, but lets hope they go up enough steps this time, stepping it up to just short of the top step is getting boring.

whitey
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Damn just saw USA vs Czech Republic, haha. Can't wait to see them play Italy, I think it might even reach double figures USA 0 - Italy 15.

Seriously though, whats up with the USA's team? huge country, sport mad, but can't play football to save their lives! its an enigma.

Idk over here they emphasis different things in soccer. They pick more athletic, faster, stronger guys for teams. Especially in college thats how they recruit. Its from top down i think they dont really understand the game. So when they play south american and european teams who have people just as fast and big but can also play soccer and actually understand the game, know how to use space, know how to move, they cant comepete.

Theyd rather win over here playing shit soccer than loose trying to play the game the way it should. I mean sometimes playing like shit happens but replicating it over and over just builds bad habbits and it shows when they play a quality team. Czechs dominated the shit out of them today with ease.

Hz Deep
06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
^ that makes sense, especially with regards to their use of space, the passing just looked ameteur to me. Its a shame really, surely they will suss it out in the not to distant future though. I suppose the shear numbers of games you guys have to chose from for sport in school and college must have an effect on the quality, I mean I guess a lot of people chose to play american football, basketball or baseball instead? I noticed they said that Johnson guy on the team was a shit hot baseball player aswell and basically had to chose when he left college which sport to continue with.

MsRzaRecTaH
06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Brazil is over rated.. Argentina would be nice.. but Im Mexican.. so of course I want Mexico to win but I see that impossible.. =/

whitey
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Brazil and overrated do not belong in the same sentence.

4-Bar Killer
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM

They started out good. Ghana is probably one of the best teams from Africa this year, I actually think they are outsiders for a spot in the 1/8-matches.. They can easily beat USA, and with a bit luck they can maybe beat Czech Republic..

4-Bar Killer
06-12-2006, 03:05 PM
england will step it up when the time is right.

Yeah, because of my English roots I am of course hoping for a win to England this year. They had about 30 minutes of great play against Paraguay, and then they let Paraguay in the game. I'm sure they can beat Sweden which dissapointed against T&T, actually I think T&B is the team that will cause England the most problems cause they are fighting their arse off, plus they got a pretty good defense.. But if Rooney gets fit I guess it's a new situation. But as you say, I'm sure England can reach atleast the quater-finals. I'm watching the games at a Irish pub over here, it's much more fun than watching the game at home..

arto
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
^^^^ u can remember life in 1990??

nah mate. but i know what happened then, i like doing my homework.

JackOfHearts
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Italy will win it....i support england (and newcastle utd) but italy r my second faves....then ivory coast :D!

cap
06-12-2006, 04:59 PM

hell yeah!

FORZA AZURRI!!!!!!

Moctezuma
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Brazil is over rated..

co sign
can't wait to see their game against australia

chiba
06-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Brazil is over rated.. Argentina would be nice.. but Im Mexican.. so of course I want Mexico to win but I see that impossible.. =/

U R over rated :tease:

Hz Deep
06-15-2006, 07:28 AM
WTF happened to Ronaldo, he moves around the pitch like the stay puffed marsh mallow man, and that was if you were lucky enough to see him move at all. When did he get so out of shape?

da kid toney
06-15-2006, 11:48 AM
sorry! no chance against Nazi Superhumans!

pussy-with-teeth
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
holland gon make it this time !!! we are the illest

robben stays sonning the devensive players

Definitive X
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I got a good feeling about Togo, for some reason...same thing with Australia...

da kid toney
06-15-2006, 10:03 PM
wtf togo ??

costa rica!!

adedwutang
06-15-2006, 10:31 PM
how bout dem ecuadorians

damaja
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Eduador made their group and could come top! They deserve it also, they playing real well.

HEJA SVERIGE! IN MED BOLLEN I M┼L!

adedwutang
06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
does n e 1 else love those joga bonito commercials there all fuckin awesome.

"bekenbaur, hahah"

riverking
06-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Just finished watching Argentina tear Serbia apart limb from limb. They looked AWESOME, cant see them being beaten. Not even by Brazil:nonono:

DANIEL DIGITAL
06-25-2006, 03:35 PM
GERMANY WIN THE WORLDCHAMPIONCHIP !

DEUTSCHLAND!

WM 2006!

http://www.watzmann.net/scg/deutschland.png

good old germany_!

MADE IN GERMANY.

chiba
06-29-2006, 02:06 AM
germany vs brazil
FINALS!!!

Professor Poopsnagle
06-29-2006, 06:11 AM
^yeah!

WU-KILLAH
06-29-2006, 06:44 AM
I got a good feeling about Togo, for some reason...same thing with Australia...

+)

Skellington
06-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Italy!!!!!