14.Black Royalty - 2:45
15.Detroit - 3:30
16.$ (Aka Cash Rule) - 3:10
17.Poem Burial Ground - 3:39
18.The Great Migrataion - 3:18
19.Bronze Hall (Outro) - 0:45

WUHEADSINCE93
05-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Its a very good album(I got the advance) nice feel to it, I think and time as bronze grows on the mic his next album should be a classic.I voted for banger...PS Bronze kills the beats shit!!!!!!

venex
05-22-2006, 01:03 PM
c'mon, anyone with more reviews ????

peace!

LORD ZERO
05-22-2006, 01:11 PM
This One Is A Classic For Me, I Think This One Is A Breath Of Fresh Air For The Die Hard Wu Fans Such As Myself ^_^!

Fayth
05-22-2006, 01:46 PM
c'mon, anyone with more reviews ????

peace!

Its a banger.

venex
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
^^ haha thanks, yeah, imma cop it definately...

I wonder who voted "wack"

Eddie Bronze
05-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I voted classic, although I probably shouldn't have. That's a word that should be reserved for the greatest of the great, but it doesn't seem as though that really happens anymore these days. Maybe a by-product of the amount of below average music that comes out so when something good does actually come out it might seem like it's better than it is. This will go down as one of the best Wu-Fam releases ever though, so major props regardless of polls.

The Pain Bronze starts off the album establishing his own flow and himself as a man in this game, "and I realized I was a man when/the headline read/19-year-old man dead". Anyone who says he's all beats and no raps need to recognize right off the bat, he's here to hold his own and make a name for himself. Nice up-tempo beat to start off the album. The whailing chords of "yeah, yeah, c'mon baby, baby c'mon!" in the background is the perfect touch, gives the song the extra groove to make it sound just right.
More Than Gold Timbo King drops in with a guest shot and more of his typical braggidocio, "I'm Muhammed Ali/I will hurt you holmes!" Timbo always brings straight heat and Bronze lays down another nice melodic beat in an instance of each guy making the other look good.
The Bronzeman Bronze starts off ripping this in some war-type fashion that makes you think he could have fit in very well as another member of Killarmy with a straight battle rap, "voice squirts cyanide/crack open the winter sky". He also makes mention of the infamous "18 bronzeman", a song I'm sure we're all still waiting for. His brethren Killa Sin, leader of the aforementioned, gives the track a nice little shot in the arm at the end. This is where you first hear Bronze begin his mastery of incorporating the vocal sample into the beat. It's a special gift to pick the right sample, put it in the right place and just make it sound like it was meant to be there.
One Plan Bronze gives his respect here to the most beautiful people on earth that so many members of the Wu have done so eloquently ever since the group debuted back in the early 90's. From Ghost's "Wisdom Body" to Deck's "Lovin' You" and of course we can't forget classics such as "All I Need", "Camay" and "Ice Cream", the list of songs in Wu's repitoire paying homage to the superior sex is unparalled. Priest and 4th did it as well as it could be done back in '98 with "Wisdom", Masta Killa did it recently with "Queen" and Bronze has brought it again with "One Plan" to move forward with the love of his life, living in peace where everything's right. The beat is untouchable, so harmonic sounding in helping to pass along the message of the song.
Stolen Van Gogh Chilled out piano keys and guitar riffs set the stage for Bronze to show off his flow as he figuratively steals the priceless Van Gogh with this piece of artwork.
5th Chamber "Yeah, another one!" as Sunn blurts out at the beginning and that's about as simple as you can sum this one up. Another banger with multiple guest shots from the Wu. What's new, hey? Same ole', same ole' and you know we love it! Except this time you get the bonus of Sean Peeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! A song like this is so symplistic and raw; as P lets you know, "I write a rap in a minute, n****s dig it for years!", it just fits right in there to add more weight to an already jam packed album.
Good Morning (A Nice Hell) As flutes play harmoniously in the backdrop, Bronze appears to be taking a walk and paints the bleak picture that surrounds him of so many in their daily life. The good, the bad and the ugly, Bronze seems to want to put his positive spin on whatever happens, even though others might not want him to. "That's how it goes," sums up Bronze.
Rare Breed The peak of Bronze's ability to manipulate a vocal sample may never be reached, but he comes as close to maxing out on this joint as can be done. The beat is so good on this song, it almost makes you forget to listen to the words that guest MC "Phillie" is spitting as the song intros. It's so thickly layered and perfectly plotted, it almost blows the mind of a fan with no musical ability such as myself to think how he came up with it. The lyrical side of the song is really just as good, once you're able to get past the sound infecting your brain. Some songs "bridge the gap" but the more you listen to this one, it becomes clear it is the solid foundation for a great album that you find at either end of that bridge.
Hear What I Say! Real Wu fans, the hardcore, know Bronze is likely the most underrated artist in the game today. The entire song has Bronze recognizing his place in the game "I'll probably never be as big as Slim Shady or Jay-Z" and that even though most people will never give him the chance he deserves, it doesn't mean he isn't one of the best. "I'm like Van Gogh's paintings, you'll never hear my talents/It's the sound of neglect that makes me green with malice." You know through his beats and rhymes that he cares about what he does and that he's got no intention of not continuing to grind and bring his magic to his true fans. A tight bass line is carried with the "Ohh, hear what I say!" vocal sample that typifies the song. After all, Bronze just wants you to hear what he has to say.
Black Royalty The horns, the horns, the horns. Bronze continues to show his ability to craft the perfect backdrops for each and every opus he produces. The consistency in the vocal sampling and ability to make it sound not good, but mind-infecting, is displayed once again on this track. His lyrical ability is the one thing I heard knocked from time to time, but this album puts that to rest as well. He is overall, one of the best thing Wu-related, we have going right now. And don't kid yourself, he knows it, "They ask who's the Wu-Tang poet, so graphic/They sent him towards the wise man, and he came to Nazareth."
Detroit Bronze shows his multi-dimensional talents with a "cool out"-type sounding song. Along with fellow Michigan-state MC's, Phillie and Kevlaar, Bronze takes time out here to pay homage to his homeland, with the simply titled, "Detroit."
$ (aka Cash Rule) We all know the Wu's obsession with c.r.e.a.m. and letting us know how they feel about it. Bronze takes his own shot here, letting you know as the end of the song so aptly wraps up, "Make that money, but don't let that money make you."
Poem Burial Ground After going almost low-key for two tracks, Bronze gets back up in it with a nice battle rap. The beat is more blaze from Bronze who tortures another vocal sample into submission.
The Great Migration The title track probably deviates from the rest of the album moreso than I could have imagined. A slow organ sound, no bassline at all, almost like something you would hear in a horror movie where the kid goes to the circus, makes friends with the creepy clown and never comes back. Bronze closes out the album with a simple sung vocal sample, "oohhh, I want you to know, my life is yours to share..."

The last few tracks do tail off a bit from the rest of the album, but all-in-all, I'm sure this will get marked as one of the best Wu-fam albums.
By far the best we've heard in a long time. I'd give it a 9/10.

num2son
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
VERY NICE review^^^

1. In The Beginning (Intro)
2. The Pain - 5/5 Banging Song "Its Raining cash but we not getting poured on"
3. More Than Gold (f. Timbo King) - 5/5 Timbo King was tight on this one
4. Killa Beez Attack (Skit) (ROFL)
5. The Bronzeman (Killa Sin) - 5/5 Its great to hear killa sin, both bronze and killa sin killed it
6. One Plan (f. Byata) - 4/5 Nice track
7. Instrumental (Interlude) - 5/5 DOPE instrumental
8. Stolen Van Gogh - 4.5/5 Solid track, very
9. 5th Chamber (f. Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'clock & Sean Price) - 4.5/5 another dope track
10. Stupid Fucking White Man (SKit)
11. Good Morning (A Nice Hell) - 5.5/5 MY favorite song, great flow.
12. Rare Breed (f. Phillie) - 4/5 Another nice song, Phillie sounds dope
13. Hear What I Say! - 4/5 Dope, ill
14. Black Royalty - 5/5 The beat just grab me, the whole song was nice
15. Detroit (f. Kevlaar & Phillie) - 3.5/5 Nice track
16. $ (aka Cash Rule) - 3.5/5
17. Poem Burial Ground - 3.5/5
18. The Great Migration - 4/5 Slow pace song, dope no doubt
19. Bronze Halls (Outro) - 4/5 Its a very nice beat

After hearing the album i give it 8.9/10
Lyrical Bronze sounds ill
The Beats are at its BEST
A Banging album for sure

num2son
05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I wonder who voted "wack"

Every one has their opinion, but wack..}:|

THE W
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
well, if thats the guys honest opinion then peace.

im probably gonna start making the polls public, just to keep people honest.

Kriszy Substance
05-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice review Eddie Bronze & Num2son...I just reserved my copy today...I get to pick it up tomorrow...good thing I went cause they are only getting 4 copies in. crazy. Anyway, I will post a review as soon as I get a chance.

Polls should be public...I dont see why anyone would mind. We should not be ashamed of our opinions. Love to all.

Bloo
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Ill Review Eddie. The album is definately fire, I'm giving the whole thing a 9/10 cause I don't feel like writing out a review of each track right now :)
I will say however that Hear What I Say should be the first single, that'd wake some people in the game up.

the silencer
05-23-2006, 01:05 AM
i voted classic.......this and the Wu Indie Culture joint have been the most re-played albums ive had in YEARS....ive had this shit on repeat for awhile now..

Konii blaze
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Wu-Tang Clan fans are always looking for a reason to proclaim "The Wu is back!" Though odds are slim that they'll regain the rap chokehold they once had, Wu-Tang is here to stay, still growing, and still mostly true to its original aesthetic, itself a marvel in today's bullshit rap world where a few similar songs are labeled "a movement." The Wu, though buoyed in a high-profile way by Ghostface's unerringly dope albums, has stayed alive in part due to the fact that their movement actually WAS a movement. Maybe I should say IS a movement, because in 2006 Bronze Nazareth is on some Wu shit like ain't a damn thang changed since '93.
This album marks the second LP under the umbrella of Dreddy Kruger's (a signed Wu-artist now concentrating on expanding the Wu) Think Differently imprint on Babygrande. The first, Wu-Tang Meets the Indie Culture, was an attempt at matching Wu-Tang all-stars with current indie rap pros. The message, seemingly, was "Wu-Tang is not out of step with the best of the newest." The disc was mostly successful. This time, Dreddy has focused on an artist that dwells on the quirky chessmaster meets cultural historian mindset that the RZA adopts from time to time, the most meditative of chambers. So it is that instead of trying to convince you that the Wu is still relevant, Dreddy Kruger and Bronze Nazareth find strength in patented Wu-Tang rap anachronism.
Straight out of Detroit, Bronze Nazareth must have been a rap ripple when Enter the 36 Chambers came out, but he steps into the limelight here with a fully formed steelo that bleeds Wu-Tang every step of the way. He's hardcore and sounds like he's been through some shit, but he waxes philosophical instead of coming off hard and ignorant. He shapes his similes and metaphors into the craftiest of darts, occasionally overreaching, but likeable due to his obvious attempts at thinking outside the box. He's not Cappadonna (who makes no sense and answers haters with, "You can't handle my mathematics"), but he doesn't have the verbal exactitude of GZA. At his best, Bronze Nazareth spits like Masta Killa, obtuse and abstract when talking about simple things, succinct and eloquent when touching on complicated concepts. When he's on, he's way deeper, more original, and just plain more poetic than most cats out. For the lyrical talent he displays here, the scary part is that he may be a better producer than rapper.
The Bronze Bomber (my nickname, not his) owns a production style that is both derivative and distinctive. You'll recognize his sound immediately if you've heard RZA's Birth of a Prince LP, but for the uninitiated, BN's soundscapes prominently feature samples of old dusty pianos, organs, woodwinds, strings, creative drum patterns and sounds. Running the continuum from grimy to wistful, his beats share a common lushness, the result of sounds complimenting each other. He's worlds away from the break-your-brain simplicity of snap-hop (a "genre" soon to be forgotten).
On Black Royalty, he's not afraid to let a spectacular combination of clarinets and horns stand alone, leaving out the boom-bap to focus attention on his words. This kind of attention to each track's purpose and value is what makes BN different than his peers. On the same track, he samples an eagle screeching. It's a small touch, but it sets the mood. His choices for vocal samples are devastatingly blues-ridden, dripping with sorrow. As he makes abstract art out of old music, he focuses on natural sounds played with human emotion, but aligns his samples with an almost classical ear for composition. He's on another planet than slick, high-voltage, club bangin' digitized beatsmiths.
A rare example of an MC that should be allowed to rhyme over his own tracks, Bronze Nazareth gets points for so clearly laboring over his similes and metaphors. For example, how sick is he? Sicker than sea-sick slaves. What sound does his gun make? Claps like the sound of a thousand books closing. Check him out on Black Royalty spitting with calm resolve:
"I could write a sunray, author a full moon's light
My words are sutures to a broken future
Let's stitch clouds together, lifted to God when we lose ya
I speak planets, think mountains, deep fountains, bleed messages
Tell the welfare kids!
Place Saturn's rings around a splattered kid's wig"
But it's not all blistering poetry slam. Bronze also writes topically about getting jerked around in the record biz and his favorite MC's. He had me open when he revealed that, while he mourns Pac and Biggie, he misses Pun the most. Me too. A moment of silence please.
With high-energy guest shots by Sean Price, Prodigal Sunn, Killah Sin, 12 O'Clock, and Timbo King, The Great Migration reaches out to Ruck and Wu-familia alike, showing that, if he wants to, Bronze Nazareth can rip a track alongside some thorough-ass MC's without needing to sermonize with his hard-edged near spoken word.
The Great Migration itself is the name for the post-Civil war movement of blacks from South to North, but the title here stands as an unclear reference. Maybe he's pointing to the distance the Wu sound has traveled from Shaolin. Maybe he's referencing the still unequal billing the United States gives to minorities, making a case for the further migration toward equality, another touchstone of his rhyme-writing. But to me, an element of the album title lies in the fact that Bronze Nazareth has clearly broken away from popular rap's great migration toward hollowed out mediocrity. Face it, the Wu is back.
Music Vibes: 9 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 8 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 8.5 of 10 Originally posted: May 23, 2006
source: www.RapReviews.com (http://www.rapreviews.com/)

bg357
05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Damn, I bought it today and this album is crazy
First listening, 19/20 9:|6

GENERAL WISE
05-23-2006, 03:31 PM
9/10

Lyrics: 89% (speaking the raw truth)
Beats: 93% (One plan/Goodmorning/5th cahmber/stolen van gogh,etc)

Overall 91% (considering 85%-94% is 9/10)
A solid 9/10 Great Album

shaolin_danger
05-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Holy Fucking SHIT!!!!!!8O

this album is CLASSIC!!!! what makes a classic CD is music that blows away anything out at the current time 5/2006:yes:

and 2 ya stupied ass-niggaz stop compare'n shit, what made all the old Wu-albums classic was that nothing sounded like that at that time. and right now in the Hip Hop world VERY few albums are like this!!!!

Thanks Bronze Nazareth!!:clap:

[E][X][C][E][L]
05-23-2006, 07:56 PM
im very mad right now, cause Bronze Nazareth put me on 4 store journy to find out none of the stores had The Great Migration... To anyone else, what store did u get urs at?

shaolin_danger
05-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Best Buy, i saw only 4 cd's on the rack

12weLvE
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
^^ I got the last one on FYE. WOW i think he might do good on sales idependently.

GENERAL WISE
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
every album will get him like 30%
so like $5 for each lp sold (and because its a 1 artist album)
if he does 50,000 (very optimistic) , he'll get around $225K so thats crazy
LA the darkman made $1.5 million of his debut
(note: i think they subtract production costs from profits)

going indie is not that bad. unless you sell 3000 (sorry U-god)

MathUtheMCZA
05-23-2006, 10:47 PM
[X][C][E][L]']im very mad right now, cause Bronze Nazareth put me on 4 store journy to find out none of the stores had The Great Migration... To anyone else, what store did u get urs at?

bronze didn't do that. shouldah jus pre-ordered. =D

Marc051
05-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Just ordered my copy so I'm good to go. I'm going off you're guys opinions so I hope I wont' be dissapointed.

the silencer
05-24-2006, 11:17 AM
that guy had a dope ass review on the previous page...

i jus wanna say tho since no one else is reaching this far..in terms of the music alone this album is 10/10 for me....theres only 1 track on there where i KINDA dont like the beat....the one wit Kevlaar 7..the beat aint bad but the thing is that it isnt as crazy as the other beats....its a little plain..

[E][X][C][E][L]
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
bronze didn't do that. shouldah jus pre-ordered. =D

i guess, but im still pissed at bronze that i spent an hour searchin and coming up with nothing..lol this CD better be as good as everyone says it is..or else i'ma have to make bronze migrate again! haha

Gutta J.85
05-25-2006, 05:07 AM
ill shit this is the type of albums hiphop needs this also is the type of album you'll play when ur alone going stress and just looking back on shit

I would say it's close to classic I feel dude on this one hats off to bronze he most've really studied the wu craft because his sound takes it back to the root

anyone who has this is gonna bump it on a rainy day and just feel the vibe this album put a lot of smiles on my face from begining to end

Mental Assassin
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Whew!!! This album is a CLASSIC, no questions asked. Bronze Nazareth kept with the true hip hop tradition and Wu tradition of an album that is both a lyrical and musical masterpiece. The wait was worth it. If you doubt what I am saying, please listen to the entire album one more time from front to back, roll up, light up, relax, and let the knowledge soak in and the music love your eardrum. There is nothing else out here right now that can even compare to the weight this album carries. I know the hip hop and Wu fans will appreciate this album. If you can afford it go and buy it to support,but if you can't afford it, or have friends or fam that can't afford it, then make them copies(I bought it after a long search, but I am going to burn for those in need) . It is not piracy if you only make a copy for those that could NOT afford to buy a copy. THE MESSASE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MONEY!!! This is a just one of many great albums to come that will surely bring the culture that has developed, which is how we all relate, to the attention of those that need it...

P.S. TO those with connections to the D.K., Rza, or anybody with pull...We need more Wu down here in El Paso, Tx. It is hard to find anything out here; most of the time ordering from the internet is how we find what we are looking for. This is the only major city where the majority is the minority(latino and black) and the major majorty is hispanic(latino). With the rise of Wu Latino and other major hip hop movements, this are is a major forefront, to the coming times. We are here.:mexico:

digitalsouljah36
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Gee, I wish I could find a copy so I can give a review. The Great Migration? More like The Great Migraine! I've been to 9 different places and NOTHING!!! :(

the silencer
05-25-2006, 08:30 PM
same here..i went on a great migration all over staten island today tryin to find this fuckin thing n not one store had it....and circuit city is fuckin atrocious in the music section im never goin there again.....

of course if sandboxautomatic didnt take fuckin forever to mail things to ppl it woodnt be a problem cuz i had it pre-ordered there..........

num2son
05-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Gee, I wish I could find a copy so I can give a review. The Great Migration? More like The Great Migraine! I've been to 9 different places and NOTHING!!! :(

LOL, sorry i hope u find the album.

Bronze Nazareth
05-26-2006, 12:37 AM
if you cant find it tell the stores to ORDER SOME!! We dont have Def Jam type distribution, so the stores may not have picked it up because Im a "new" artist, they just want to sell established shit....shittin on the smaller guys....

Also some stores have it under think differently, or even under the Wu tang section.....

MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT TO THOSE WHO POSTED, I APPRECIATE THE LOVE

[E][X][C][E][L]
05-26-2006, 02:12 AM
if you cant find it tell the stores to ORDER SOME!! We dont have Def Jam type distribution, so the stores may not have picked it up because Im a "new" artist, they just want to sell established shit....shittin on the smaller guys....

Also some stores have it under think differently, or even under the Wu tang section.....

Ahhh, I didnt check think differently or wu section. Hah weird, i never knew an artist that actually communicates with his people on message boards. I'ma go back to the stores this weekend n see if any came in, otherwise ima have to cause some hell in those stores! haha

digitalsouljah36
05-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Hmmm, I checked the Think Differently section but not the Wu-Tang section..........

WuTangWarrior
05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
if its really that good as these reviews say, then ima buy it mos def...

Ghost Deini
05-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Damn I love this album so far definitely 9/10. Stolen Van Gogh, 5th Chamber, One Plan, Good Morning, Rare Breed, Black Royalty, fuck like every track. Lyrics are coo for the most part, at times it's so-so come Naz comes correct for sure throughout. What really stands out for me is the BEATS. The musical aspect of this album is insane! Definitely another Wu-Banga for '06.

maestro wooz
05-27-2006, 02:28 AM
i voted banger this shit is awesome. Yo bronze, i was at bestbuy and you were under wu tang but had like 3 stacks to yourself, thank dreddy and your bestbuy connect thats more then i would have guessed you would get.

the silencer
05-27-2006, 11:13 AM
got mine FINALLY....well worth the wait man this shit is amazing....

one of the best albums ive heard in years...this shit is beautiful

Ya_Bane
05-27-2006, 12:01 PM
I finally found a site that sells it in Sweden. It says "Think Differently Music" as artist and "Bronze Nazareth Great Migration" as title, that's why I couldn't find it.

Much love to Bronze, great job man.

Beggaz
05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
i love the chris farley and david spade skit from tommy boy , lol

above_the_clouds
05-27-2006, 04:07 PM
this album is def a banger for me

ballistic
05-27-2006, 05:02 PM
wow i havent had bronze on my radar but i guess i'll have to get it...might check plan 9.

Ghost Deini
05-28-2006, 05:06 AM
Sorry but LOL i'm rollin at Wu-Matic's sig :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ironwizard
05-28-2006, 07:02 AM
The word classic is used way too loosely nowadays. I haven't heard the album myself, as it is not available in Denmark yet, but no matter how good it is, I think its wat too early to call an album a classic. I guess it is out of desperation for a hiphop classic that people are more willing to use that word. Either way, I don't think we should be less critical just because the general level in quality has decreased. That way, we will never regain the level of mid-nineties hiphop.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting this album, especially if it lives up to what most of you have rated it.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
05-28-2006, 06:54 PM
This Is One My Favorite New Wu Albums I Bumpped As Much As Ghostface Shit Nahmean I Think Bronze Is Orignal And Set Up His Own Chamber Very Well N Every Track Has Its Crazy Own Feel And Reminds Me Of Rza Stuff Back In The Day And Also Gave Me A Chill As Every Track Came On And Finished Great Album I'll Reserve Classic 4 A Later Date

Wu Apprentice
05-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Beats are off the hook and lyrics are amazing. This kid deserves everything he gets because his talent has unlimited potential. This album is a classic hands down.

Paco_Mtl
05-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I expected more...I didnt think Bronze would be rapping so much...I was hoping for more features...don't get me wrong...there are some dope bangers...I got mad respect for him, cuz hes just like one of us, he didnt grow up in Shaolin or know anyone from wu, he was jus a wu-head that started makin wu-beats, met the right people, and became part of the movement, that anyone on this site's dream, but I find him generically-wu at times, and certain songs are underproduced, considering the bangers hes done for RZA and beats I heard off his site...all in all, its a good album, but far from classic...3.5

WuBaller
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
it's a banger now, but it can grow & grow in me

maestro wooz
05-30-2006, 01:01 AM
fuck it this is a 10, nothing else has come with the beats, voice, and flow like bronze did. Right now, in my opinion this is a highly notable album being dropped on us.

Yasir Allah
05-30-2006, 10:43 PM

Peace

I had to order it off of Amazon. I must say that this album is definitely one the best I have heard in a long time. What made me pay attention to Bronze was the beat he did for A Day to God is 1000 yrs. Keep doing your thing brother

Peace.

R3beLuTionAry
05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
[X][C][E][L]']im very mad right now, cause Bronze Nazareth put me on 4 store journy to find out none of the stores had The Great Migration... To anyone else, what store did u get urs at?

Bronze didnt make you do anything....

deadlymelody
05-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Im in Best Buy and I look for "Bronze Nazareth" and couldnt find it. Do you have to look under "Think Differently"?

Paco_Mtl
05-31-2006, 03:03 PM
it's a banger now, but it can grow & grow in me

PAUSE

BRONZBODY
05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
i found the album at best buy down here,this muslim chick that works there held it for me and shit(love ya amneh!!) anyway i have to say that this is the best album of 2006,with fishscale in a close second... you guys ever hear a beat that just brings tears to ya eyes?? rare breed did that to me.

10/10 for me

_BaLaNcE_
05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
basicly a pretty tight album not a classic though i expected more myself i mean basicly he switch up his style lyrically in songs leaked i like
4 strokes of bronze fist, calm sword and blowgun i myself think that style fit em better and had deeper intent i understand you gotta simplify your style 4 the fans maybe but i prefered that style more but that also shows he versatile..i found em here i give it 3/5
PEACE

Urban_Journalz
05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Question....I heard Dreddy's first effort, Wu-Tang Meets Indie Culture, and I LOVED it....Is this one as good....better....or about the same as the first??? Either way, I'm still excited.
Peace

the silencer
05-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Question....I heard Dreddy's first effort, Wu-Tang Meets Indie Culture, and I LOVED it....Is this one as good....better....or about the same as the first??? Either way, I'm still excited.
Peace

id say its right along those lines..if not Better.......this is a dope LP man....every beat is beautiful

WuBaller
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Peace

man it's def better than WMIC...every beat is 10/10 and lyrics are on top...cop it

Urban_Journalz
06-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Good lookin' out you two. I'm coppin' it as soon as possible.
In Georgia, I need some new Wu that's true.
PEACE

bg357
06-03-2006, 05:57 AM
1.In The Beginning - Intro
2.The Pain *****
3.More Than Gold (ft. Timbo King) *****C
4.Killa Beez Attack (Skit)
5.The Bronzeman (ft. Killa Sin) *****C
6.One Plan (ft. Byata) ****1/2
7.Instrumental: Interlude ****1/2
8.Stolen Van Gogh ***1/2
9.5th Chamber (ft. 12:00, Sean Price & Prodigal Sunn) ****
10.Stupid Fucking White Man (Skit)
11.Good Morning (A Nice Hell) *****C
12.Rare Breed (ft. Phillie) *****
13.Hear What I Say! *****
14.Black Royalty ****1/2
15.Detroit *****
16.$ (aka Cash Rule) ****1/2
17.Poem Burial Ground *****C
18.The Great Migration ***1/2
19.Bronze Halls - Outro

18,5/20

Kong
06-03-2006, 08:47 AM
i been listening to it a lot. id say its a banger.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
yo for real i love hte production on this lp
and he's a decent rapper. the reason people love bronze nazareth is because he makes kanye west look like bryant gumble lol

MF Viktor Herbz
06-04-2006, 07:08 AM
this album is amazing, true old skool wu, thats wot we fans need for now
and none of the guest rappers mess up this lp either

Longbongcilvaringz
06-04-2006, 10:48 AM
i fucking love this album, been listening to it alot since i DLed it (it isnt out here yet but im buying it as soon as it is). the beats blew me away and bronze is strong on the mic. 5th chamber is my favourite track, hearing sean p at the end was a fucing nice surprise.

9/10

this is the benchmark for 2006.

oDoUoSoKo
06-04-2006, 04:23 PM
i bought it not knowing what to expect and he really impressed me lyraclly, the pain is such a great lp opener, plus he gets better lyrically as the lp goes on

9/10

Kriszy Substance
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
1. In the Begining (Intro) Effective. Makes me feel like Im getting ready to go on an adventure, like the movies make you feel. Is this played before every movie in the theatres or what? I cant remember or say that
I have paid attention. I would be curious as to how exactly he got the ok to put this on the album and if it cost money. Maybe it has already been discussed in this thread already, but I purposely havent read any reviews yet so that mine would be un-biased.

2. The Pain-The first time I listened to this album I wasnt sure if I liked this song a whole lot. Although I like it a lot now, I am still not convinced that it is the best song to put first. I do feel that it introduces the album pretty well. Kind of a mellow intro to a some what mellow album (mellow in a good way, a real laid back almost meloncholy feeling that I like). It rolls in real nice after the single vocal solo. I like the beat and old school
R&B feel to it and the little bongo things in the background. It rolls out nicely too. The overal flow of the song is great but like I said, for whatever reason I dont feel it is anywhere near the best song on the album. Could be the lyrics or perhaps the delivery. Still it gets 8.5/10

3. More Than Gold- Good song. I like the horns and intro w/ Timbo and then how the beat pops in and has that awkward, sort of pro-longed pause in it. Nice samples and drum rolls thru out. Bronze does get a gold medal on this one. I laughed when he said "internet thugs get thrown out of their windows" cause it totally made me think of this site and certain people. Nice break ups in the song where the drums and or samples cut out for a bit. The song totally works for me and gets a 9.5/10.

4. Killa Beez Attack (skit) funny and works good for introducing the next song. nice and short too.

5. The Bronzeman- Good straight up beat. Love the oriental strings and xylophone or whatever it is rolling in the background. Nicely placed buzzing bees sample. Nice breaks in the beat and pulling out of particular sounds. Definately some of the best lyrics on the album. Good job to Killa Sin. Love how the song abruptly ends then has that warm
subtle sound in the background. Cant quite place what it might be, but its good. 10/10

6. One Plan-While I am not usually into the love type songs at all, this one is pretty good. Byata does a good job. I really
love the production on this song and the horns and guitar sample are great over the beat. This has a nice warm/loving type feel
to it that I like. Not too much love cheeze up in there. 8.5/10

7. Instrumental: Interlude Nice break between the two songs. I cant figure out what they are saying though (My love has gone
lost?) If someone knows I would love to know. Like the old swing type feel to it.

8. Stolen Van Gogh- Nothing really too outstanding to this as far as the music goes. It's good but nothing really stands out too much to me except that fact that it gets blown up by 5th Chamber (next song) and in that sense it is effective and holds it's
own because of that. Pretty good lyrics though. 8/10

9. 5th Chamber-Great beat. This one made me want to get right on my drums and try to nail this beat. Mmmmmmm. I wish I knew everyones voices well enough to know who was who on each verse but shit is good none the less. Definatley one of my favorite songs on the album. 10/10

10. Stupid F@#cking White Man Skit funny, lol @ white mans meadow..never seen this movie I dont think.

11. Good Morning (a nice hell)-I love this song. Fantastic production. Start to finish. Love the intro with the drum rolls and the instruments (not sure what sound they are) hitting hard at the begining of each drum roll and how this is used through out the song. Then it rolls kind into that mellow fluty sound/melody with the bass and laid back drums. Loving how the song builds up and down with the dynamics (I cant even explain how well it flows/expands) Good morning, good night, good evening.
GOOD SONG, period, any time of day. Fuck anyone that says Bronze is not as good an MC as a producer, not that it's about that
anyway, he is a true artist, end of story. Beautiful. 10/10

12. Rare Breed- I gotta admit I have no idea who Phillie is. That said this song is good. That same good music mix w/ladies voice (I wish I new
exactly what she was saying) eastern sounding strings and such is well used. He breaks it up well with perfectly placed breaks in the beat and
which tracks he is choosing to keep or not. Nice little touches of extra sound through out. Great verses. The only thing I dont like about the
song is maybe the end (how long it goes after last verse). Excellent 9.5/10

13. Hear What I Say!- I like this song a lot. Great little intro...love how he rolls into it. I feel like he captures a certain frustration in this
song that really gets me. Anyway, Im TOTALLY listening....to this over and over again. Maybe a little too long in the end between last verse and end of the song..love the very end how its finished with the lady singing by herself, just needed like a measure or two cut off right before that (god, did sound like a crazy picky bitch there?) Come on! I still have to be critical. this song gets a 9.5/10 GOOD

14. Black Royalty- Loving the "castle-y" type horns (only way I could describe them and if it doesnt make sense to you then fuck ya). Great begining how they flow into the first main verse). Like how he fades out the music and focuses on just the verse here and there and then bounces back in. Weird in a good way. the drums were very interesting to me on this one goodlength of song too (not too long or too short and starts and ends nicely). 9.5/10

15. Detroit- I love the drums on this one especially the drum rolls through out. Once again I dont know who the other MC's are on this but its pretty good. It must either keep me a little un-interested or I am just baked and getting lazy with my review. Who knows. maybe I need to listen to it more. (keep in mind my car doesnt have a CD player, my CD drive is broken in my computer, and Im a single mom so the only time I get to listen to this kind of music is when my kid is asleep through my DVD player/tv, Im working on changing all that though, shit, im rambling again, sorry) 8/10

16. $(aka Cash Rule)- Nice beat and great begining to the song. The chorus is my favorite part I think. Make that money, but dont let that money make you, make that money but dont let it cash you in, catchy...a real C.R.E.A.M. feel to it I think. Some real good verses. Yeap, I like it. 8.5/10

17. Poem Burial Ground- Some great verses on this song and interesting feel to it. What movie do those samples come from if anyone knows? (if already answered, I will know when I read this thread). Good song though. I feel it shows off Bronze as an MC a bit. 8.5/10

18. The Great Migration- SO GOOD. I love the waltz feel/beat and the sampling of whoever that is over it singing "my life is yours to share, just as you and the sky and the blue" (not sure if that is exaclty what he says). Im a real Beatles fan and this one has a real Beatles feel to it so it may be why I love it so much. Glad this was the title track. 10/10

19. Bronze Halls (outro) nice ending, the title and feel of it seems very fitting.

That's it folks. If you havent bought it yet then go do it. Much love.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Damn I mean Dayum!!!! I will pick my copy up today ya'll really gave some good reviews..PeacecaeP

num2son
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
1. In the Begining (Intro) Effective. Makes me feel like Im getting ready to go on an adventure, like the movies make you feel. Is this played before every movie in the theatres or what? I cant remember or say that
I have paid attention. I would be curious as to how exactly he got the ok to put this on the album and if it cost money. Maybe it has already been discussed in this thread already, but I purposely havent read any reviews yet so that mine would be un-biased.

7. Instrumental: Interlude Nice break between the two songs. I cant figure out what they are saying though (My love has gone
lost?) If someone knows I would love to know. Like the old swing type feel to it.

I dont like the intro, i rather have an instrumental beat instead

Track 7 its "I love and I lost."

Kriszy Substance
06-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I can understand that num2son...its nice a quick though at least. I like it for whatever reason. Thank you very much for answering my question though. Much appreciation and love to you. You are always so good to me.

the silencer
06-06-2006, 01:55 PM
i agree wit u about the intro...the beat he did for the Indie Culture intro was ill...the intro gets me so hyped for that album...

and thanks for pointin out that it was sayin "i love and i lost" thats what i thought it was...im still wonderin wut the girl (is it Nina Simone?) on The Pain is sayin...it cood be a guy i dont even know....but The Pain is my fav track on there.....INCREDIBLE song

num2son
06-06-2006, 02:09 PM
The Pain is sayin...it cood be a guy i dont even know....but The Pain is my fav track on there.....INCREDIBLE song

The original sample is from the Brothers of Soul - Hurry Dont Linger

noel411
06-07-2006, 04:14 AM
Just thought I'd pop in to show some love for this album. Certainly nothing revolutionary or original, but definately some nice, raw street shit. I'm likening this album to Darkim's shit. Basic, but raw and real. Much props to Bronze on this shit. Enjoying it thoroughly.

Magnificent BASTARD
06-10-2006, 07:07 PM
this album is seriously bumping, im digging it. found a copy under "Bronze Nazareth" at my record store newbruy comics (new england heads know wassup). for highlights Prodigal Sunn kills it for guest slots, he really smashes that verse towards the end. Cash rules is my favorite beat. fucking inffectious.

TAURO
06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Just got my copy and boy, this shit is dope, Bronze can rhyme and he had some great features on there, this is what Im talking about, pure raw beats and knowledge rhymes. (NOTE FOR ALL MEMBERS OF WU AND WU FAM, THIS IS THE SHIT WE NEED AND RZA FOLLOW YOUR STUDENTS EXAMPLE THIS IS THE TRUE WU-TANG STYLE OF THE 21st CENTURY).

Ink Is My Drink
06-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Still Trying To Get A Copy!.............................:'(

shaolin_danger
06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I've had the Album since it came out. It just getts better and better!!!! its Classic yo! There ain't nothing out there in 2006 that sounds like this!!!!

the silencer
06-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Just got my copy and boy, this shit is dope, Bronze can rhyme and he had some great features on there, this is what Im talking about, pure raw beats and knowledge rhymes. (NOTE FOR ALL MEMBERS OF WU AND WU FAM, THIS IS THE SHIT WE NEED AND RZA FOLLOW YOUR STUDENTS EXAMPLE THIS IS THE TRUE WU-TANG STYLE OF THE 21st CENTURY).

well said

racist randy
06-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm not impreseed by this album, you've guys done it again. Ya'll are that thirsty that anything will quinch your thirst. I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics and ya'll talk about Kanye sampling??? Shit.... There only like 5-7 standout tracks on here,I'll review later.

Wu Stoneman
06-20-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics

How? These are some of the deepest lyrics available in music right now. are you listening to the same album?

and it aint about Kanye sampling, nuthing wrong with sampling, but Kanye has some guy replay everything for him, thats my prob with it. THERE'S NOTHIN WRONG WITH SAMPLING!

WuBaller
06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm not impreseed by this album, you've guys done it again. Ya'll are that thirsty that anything will quinch your thirst. I'm defintely not Impressed by his lyrics and ya'll talk about Kanye sampling??? Shit.... There only like 5-7 standout tracks on here,I'll review later.

Hollow, imo it's the best produced LP in years...And bronze is skilled on the mic, all the guest appearances are on top too...ok, I'll wait for your review.

Seborth
06-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah Bronze Nazareth kicked some ass and showed he's good producer, album is a banger:]

racist randy
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I'll review tomorrow.

deadlymelody
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I wanna se your review Hollowdartz. I finally heard this album. After the first listen, I must say that this album is AMAZING. Crazy that this will go so under the radar, because this is probably better than FISHSCALE. Good Morning may be the song of the year.

racist randy
06-25-2006, 08:34 PM
2. The Pain - THis shit is weak, I'm not feeling this at all. 1/5
3. More Than Gold (f. Timbo King) - 4/5
5. The Bronzeman (Killa Sin) - 4.5/5 Its great to hear killa sin you can tell hes fresh outta jail though, Bronze verse is too long and vice versa
6. One Plan- This is ok nothin special, i hate how Byata ends her last verse. 3.5/5
7. Instrumental (Interlude)
8. Stolen Van Gogh - 4.5/5 This shit is hot right here I cant lie
9. 5th Chamber (f. Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'clock & Sean Price) - 4/5 I expected way more than this nothin special at all.
11. Good Morning (A Nice Hell) - 4/5 Im feeling this shit too also.
12. Rare Breed (f. Phillie) - 3.5/5 Not really that good
13. Hear What I Say! - 1/5 I hate this shit beat is weak.
14. Black Royalty - 4.5/5 Now this is some dope shit for real
15. Detroit (f. Kevlaar & Phillie) - 3.5/5 Listenable nothin too special
16. $ (aka Cash Rule) - 4/5 This is a good track
17. Poem Burial Ground - 3/5 Shit is wack right here not feeling at all
18. The Great Migration - 3/5 Wtf?
19. Bronze Halls (Outro) -

Beats 4.5/5
Lyrics 4/5
Overall 4/5 . he has great beats though, some of the guest apperances are weak too. People are gonna start sayin this album is weak too just like they did fishscale after the first 2 months. Maybe it will grow but its not really that great.

BoSaNCeRoS
06-25-2006, 10:28 PM
I bought a copy yesterday and I must say after first listen I'm feeling it. It's definatively a banger, but not a classic yet.

Prodiction: A
Lyics - B
Overall - A-

deadlymelody
06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
I respect that opinion Hollow. In fact the few songs you did say you were feeling, were indeed the best tracks on the album. However, I think looking for absolute banging, classic albums is just a battle not to be won. I think everyone should be satisfied with this album not only because of the beats, but for the surprising lyricism Bronze brought to the table.

MF Herbs
06-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Man.... This joint is crazy...

the insignificant
07-02-2006, 03:24 AM
have to admit this album surprised me in two ways...

first, i was expecting an album full of beats like bronzeman and none like stolen van gogh... this was a great surprise and it really mixes the album up well and allows bronze to change up his mcing...

second, i thought bronze was a good mc, but didn't realise how good he was... the most important part of releasing an album is not being outdone by your guests and this is definitely the case here... on most of the collaborative tracks, bronze not only holds his own but stands out and outdoes the other mcs...

great album 4/5...

deadlymelody
07-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I agree Bronzeman and Stolen Van Gogh are 2 of the 3 best beats on the album. Shades of RZA enter into my mind.

ukarema
07-06-2006, 01:14 PM
have to admit this album surprised me in two ways...

first, i was expecting an album full of beats like bronzeman and none like stolen van gogh... this was a great surprise and it really mixes the album up well and allows bronze to change up his mcing...

second, i thought bronze was a good mc, but didn't realise how good he was... the most important part of releasing an album is not being outdone by your guests and this is definitely the case here... on most of the collaborative tracks, bronze not only holds his own but stands out and outdoes the other mcs...

great album 4/5...

pretty much

co-sign

Unforgiven
07-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Didn't see any threads for it, mind you I didn't look past the first page! Who's feelin' this album? Bronze's beats are always wow, his style is just...I need to jack a section of the theasarus for this...

Main Entry: awesome
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: amazing
Synonyms: alarming, astonishing, awe-inspiring, awful, beautiful, breathtaking, daunting, dreadful, exalted, far out, fearful, fearsome, formidable, frantic, frightening, grand, hairy*, horrible, horrifying, imposing, impressive, intimidating, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing*, moving, nervous, overwhelming, shocking, striking, stunning, stupefying, terrible, terrifying, wonderful, wondrous, zero cool* *= informal or slang

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EMGA76.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63972644_.jpg

Da Dishonourable Don
07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
This album was nice, not my favourite, but tight productions by Bronze, the track with Killa Sin, damn, no need to explain, Sin's one of Wu's most on point mc's, I rate this album 7/10!

racist randy
07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Yo look at the review directory page man.

Unforgiven
07-17-2006, 01:00 AM
It's not on there bud....

sinfullycute
07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
I loved the Sin track too. Although what you heard on the album wasn't correctly mastered, even tho' it was banging. The other version was absolutely fire.

THE W
07-17-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19558&highlight=great+migration

the silencer
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
its now almost 2 months since this shit came out...and i had the advance before it was released and im STILL bangin this shit every single day....this is really gotta be considered a classic....

i cant wait for the next Bronze album..

deadlymelody
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I cant believe all the classic votes wow. This is a great effort. Thanks Bronze Nazareth.

racist randy
07-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm surprised by these classic votes cause it's not. I'll give it one more month then people will starting doing "Fishscales" on this cd.

FrenchShin
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
really, it's average.

Wu Stoneman
07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Can't please everybody, but AVERAGE??? hahahaha, maybe not a CLASSIC but damn close, still bangin it.....

you know what so good about this album? It's REAL, there's LIFE to it, it's not just a bunch of gun toting and cocaine deals, it's real shit and you can hear it in his voice....

take a book for example, a book you read that has substance and life to it, you keep reading...you get bored with a book that is about the same old shit for the whole read.....so i doubt his album will get "fishscaled"

true artistry cannot fade with time, it always stays GREAT

deadlymelody
07-21-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm surprised by these classic votes cause it's not. I'll give it one more month then people will starting doing "Fishscales" on this cd.

Yeah exactly. Fishscale is now considered one of Ghost's worst albums as compared to it being as good as Supreme Clientele when it first came out. Sigh.

the silencer
07-21-2006, 02:08 AM
the point im tryin to emphasize in my last post is that this album came out on May 23rd...and i had it (and a number of ppl on this site did too) like a week before it came out on an advance copy....AND IM STILL LISTENIN TO IT EVERYDAY..

i always seem to have the lyrics to one of these songs in my head and im startin to catch some lines and words and stuff that i didnt even realize he was sayin at first....this shit has substance to it...

i gota say tho i dont like the song Detroit...and the Stupid Fucking White Man skit was a complete waste of 20 seconds (or however long it was) on this album. Bronze said on here that he "wasnt responsible" for the skit so im assumin it had sumthin to do with the fact that Dreddy has a little connection to Jim Jarmush and apparently Dreddy had alota input in this album (in the stores it's listed in the "T" section for Think Differently) so..wutever..

aken23
07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
i voted banger

Kriszy Substance
07-21-2006, 05:25 PM
the point im tryin to emphasize in my last post is that this album came out on May 23rd...and i had it (and a number of ppl on this site did too) like a week before it came out on an advance copy....AND IM STILL LISTENIN TO IT EVERYDAY..

i always seem to have the lyrics to one of these songs in my head and im startin to catch some lines and words and stuff that i didnt even realize he was sayin at first....this shit has substance to it...

i gota say tho i dont like the song Detroit...and the Stupid Fucking White Man skit was a complete waste of 20 seconds (or however long it was) on this album. Bronze said on here that he "wasnt responsible" for the skit so im assumin it had sumthin to do with the fact that Dreddy has a little connection to Jim Jarmush and apparently Dreddy had alota input in this album (in the stores it's listed in the "T" section for Think Differently) so..wutever..

Yeap, Im totally feeling you silencer. I listen to it practically every day too still and like you, I got it a day after it was released. Shit has some serious substance. It WILL be a classic but it's a banger for sure. The album is art at it's finest as far as I am concerned and Bronze got himself a new hardcore fan out of it. Anyone who hasnt bought this album or listened to it many times is missing out IMO. Much love. p.s. I didnt really dig Detroit that much in the begining either but it is growing on me a bit. 5th Chamber almost always gets a repeat play from me too.

RynMur
07-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I gave it a (9.5/10). Fav track is Good Morning.

WuBaller
07-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Im blazin this daily since it came out, it might grow in me as a classic

3rdEyeVizion
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Word up. I got my (your) album yesterday, and it's the best spend money in a loong time for real.. Instant banger, and I know it'll become a classic in my collection, no question.. everything's on point, beats, lyrics, flows etc. EVERYTHING!

THANK YOU

Peace :clap:

nsuss10
09-08-2006, 11:35 PM
this album is the reaslest album out in a long time...Bronze came with a better album than any of the wu tang solo albums in a long time. He spit the truth, he produced ill beats, and came with passion...he was hungry. Ever since hearing blowgun and waters of nazareth and the rest of that first demo cd, the great migration has been my most anticipated album, and bronze delivered. plus all the good tracks on the new masta killa are produced by bronze, along with a bunch of other bangers out there

go_skim
09-09-2006, 04:09 AM
i just got the cd 2day fucking mad shit i will be playing this 4 a long time
peace 2 Bronze

the insignificant
09-24-2006, 07:02 AM
1.In the Beginning
2.The Pain... 3.5/5... nice start
3.More Than Gold... 4/5... timbo wanders a bit, but holds up well enough
5.The Bronzeman... 5/5... bronze is great here...
6.One Plan... 3/5... not a huge fan of byata, so i can't really get into this
7.Instrumental (Interlude)
8.Stolen Van Gogh... 5/5... only complaint is that it's too short
9.5th Chamber... 4/5... 12 o'clock wanders and prodigal has done better
10.Stupid F@#king White Man [Skit] {From Dead Man}
11.Good Morning ( a Nice Hell)... 4.5/5... great track
12.Rare Breed... 5/5... i really like this... very easy on the ears
13.Hear What I Say!... 3.5/5... nice track, doesn't go too long
14.Black Royalty... 3/5... annoying beat
15.Detroit... 3.5/5... not fantastic, but again, far from offensive to the ears
16.$ (Aka Cash Rule)... 4/5... i really like this...
17.Poem Burial Ground... 4/5... the beat gets a little repetitive, but the delivery carries the track...
18.The Great Migrataion... 4/5... would've been a good track to finish the album off, if he didn't have an outro...
19.Bronze Hall (Outro) - 0:45

this review doesn't sound like i'm praising the album that much... but i've had it a while now and i still think it's awesome... one thing that's hard to put across is the variation of all the tracks... the album flows pretty seamlessly but at the same time doesn't get monotonous... it's hard to find two tracks on the album that sound exactly like one another... even my least favourite tracks have redeeming features...

it are these things that impress me most about this album...

GENERAL WISE
09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
the album is 4.5/5 close classic

y? because i didnt think it was going to be that good.

darkness1582
09-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I just got the album last week after much procasting but after i heard it i cant stop listening 2 it. The beats are hot and if u listen to the lyrics then u will be amazed. This is a ablum that the rest oif the clan needs 2 hear and take heed. This has 2 be the best album of 06. Can some1 name a better album with beats and lyrics??/

Trismegistos
01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
This is one of the best Wu albums period.

The production is so tight and the album is a complete work of art.

I rate it alongside Only Built For Cuban Linx and Heavy Mental. The quality is that good.

This is an album that all Wu fans should own. I can't wait for Bronze to release more of this quality.

The Great Migration is amazing song, the production and flow are amazing.

9.5/10

Skellington
02-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I was kinda dissapointed in this album, was expecting much better from Bronze. Average

Fresh Breath
04-03-2007, 05:08 AM
1.In the Beginning (Intro) - 0:14 - 5/5
2.The Pain - 3:40 - 5/5
3.More Than Gold - 4:10 - 5/5
4.Killa Beez Attack (Skit) - 0:23 - 5/5
5.The Bronzeman - 3:56 - 6/5
6.One Plan - 3:27 - 5/5
7.Instrumental (Interlude) - 0:40 - 5/5
8.Stolen Van Gogh - 1:34 - 5/5
9.5th Chamber - 3:56 - 4/4
10.Stupid F@#king White Man [Skit] {From Dead Man} - 0:19 - 5/5
11.Good Morning ( a Nice Hell) - 4:00 - 5/5
12.Rare Breed - 3:39 - 5/5
13.Hear What I Say! - 3:23 - 5/5
14.Black Royalty - 2:45 - 5/5
15.Detroit - 3:30 - 4/5
16.$ (Aka Cash Rule) - 3:10 - 3/5
17.Poem Burial Ground - 3:39 - 3/5
18.The Great Migrataion - 3:18 - 5/5
19.Bronze Hall (Outro) - 0:45 - 5/5

This album is absolutely FIRE, i got it about 2 or 3 months ago an i neva really heard much of Bronze before it except for "Wu tang meets the indie culture" an i liked him on tha album too espically tha track "Black dawn" so i thought id get it, once i pressed play on it it was unreal the production is probably the best music ive eva heard!!

The music is actually beautiful, not like ur typical beats or anything its like listening to an orcestra or something, haha!!

Bronze's lyrics are deadly on it too like at first i thought they werent tha good but once i properly sat down an listened to him i realised just how dead they are;

"Float through the day, like heroin in the veins
Of a mad sinner, from whiskey to a bad liver"

This album is definitly the most Wu souding album ive heard ina while like i have it on repeat eva since i bought it an im still not sick of it, much respect bronze the album is a Classic!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-03-2007, 01:30 PM
its because of bronze i started to listen hip-hop again more than just a track or two a day

and this album was in top3 albums of last year

maestro wooz
04-03-2007, 03:19 PM
9.5/10

this album has not gotten old at all. Ive never heard a combination of ill beats like this, deep lyrcism, but also with such a vicious flow as bronze has. Really, a gem.

IRONMAN GFK
04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
you guys seem to be enthusiastic over this one.
haven't heard it yet, i might buy it

Fresh Breath
04-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Yea man its a class album go out an buy it!!!

WuBaller
04-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I also consider this to be recognized as a classic years later
like Fresh Breath (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=57103) said, it's like listening to a orcestra concert

FasterBlade
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
i went ahead and gave it classic, dont normally do that but the album has unlimited replay value. great lyrics, great guests, 95% of the production was fantastic. best album of 06

THE W
04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
this is a spectacular album but being that most people dont know who this guy is and that this album wont have any impact it cannot be considered classic. personal classic maybe, but hiphop classic?...no sir.

deadlymelody
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Right, not a hip hop classic.

Phenomenal album though. Tons of replay value. I STILL listen to this quite often. What was easily most surprising was that Bronze is actually very, very polished as an MC. Classic production at times with Van Gogh, Good Morning, Poem Burial Ground, Bronzeman. Very underrated.

the silencer
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
i've been listenin to this constantly the last few days after readin the Lyrics thread....for those that haven't seen it, the man Bronze himself was givin the breakdown on some of the lyrics from this:
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34885

^^as you can see on there, some of the lyrics are simply genius..just incredibly well-crafted artistic shit...

anyway, as evidenced by all the posts i've previously made in this thread i think this shit is a classic....maybe not a classic in the sense that 36 Chambers and Illmatic are classics but really i think that is more attributable to the retardedness and terrible musical taste of the public lately than it is of the actual quality of the album....i think this is what would be called a "cult classic"

the silencer
04-04-2007, 11:59 PM
heres an audio interview wit Bronze from around the time TGM came out..bout 50 mins long, its good stuff..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2A0AE49370665268

mikeatris
04-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Definitely like it better that "I". Still play it to this day.

SMV
04-10-2007, 01:54 AM
This shit has been bangin' in my ride last 2 weeks. Fucken ill!

sd-cd
07-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Veeery good album. Peace.

Reiko
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
That album is fucking crazy, classic no doubt.

Fresh Breath
07-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Im still bangin this album!!!!!!!!!!! like months an im still not sick of it, CLASSIC!!!!!!

Suga Duga
07-25-2007, 05:26 AM
classic, way better than I, Bronze has become a monster on the mic

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-27-2007, 06:36 PM
this is a pure sick album definitely a 9/10

liquid_1_
08-11-2007, 12:47 AM
9.5/10

bronze is great.
killa sin kills his shit on 'bronzeman'.

Ghost_Deini_
10-09-2007, 01:45 AM
its more than a banger, but not quite classic...

its one of the best albums in a long ass time.

the silencer
11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
with the overall extremely positive review of this album on this forum (32% say its a classic) plus the reviews i've seen on other sites, ESPECIALLY amazon.com(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EMGA76/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/103-4459432-2550238) for example:
5 stars
This cd, singlehandedly transformed my entire outlook on the hiphop genre. It breaks my heart that this dude isn't the most talked about artist out there. It's simply the best hiphop cd I have heard in years. No throwaway tracks on here. Period. It flows and and it sounds like a complete album start to finish.

Just another amazing sleeper cd that some of us are so fortunate to be aware of. Its too bad these dudes aren't the multiplatinum sellers instead of what we have right now. Then again, it's cool to be on the inside loop, I have to admit.

5 stars
Numerous times in the past 5 years I've felt like I have to choose between good lyrics, a smooth flow, or great beats.

Most of the self-proclaimed underground rappers have good lyrics followed by a forced flow and bad beats. You might get a couple good songs from an album, but not much more.

On the other side of the spectrum you've got commercial rap, alive with energetic 'jump up' beats that keep your head poppin' and lyrics so stupid your embarassed to repeat 'em.

Then you've got Think Differently putting out a record packed with spectacular flows on top of phat beats interlaced with horns, strings, and piano chords.

I love it. Thanks for letting me have my cake and eat it too. This is the best hip-hop album I've heard in years.

5 stars
I thoroughly enjoy listening to this CD. Bronze is a renaissance hip hop head, producing and MC'ing. With so much garbage out there, I really appreciate his lyrics and creativity. He brings consciousness and street life together well. Bronze uses lots of old soul music samples which also set this CD apart from most other artists. I would describe the sound of this CD as Wu-Tang throwback, reminissant of Liquid Swords or Wu Tang Forever and all from a Detroit cat. It has that gritty head banging effect. My favorite song on the CD is 'Hear What I Say'. In it Bronze describes his journey thru the corporate hip hop world and what he did to land his record deal. Also he touches on the type of garbage music that he was bypassed for.

If you like real hip hop (not the grown man finger snapping variety), then cop this joint. It is a CLASSIC! Peace

with all of that said, it's a fuckin crime if what i see over at wikipedia is true:

The Great Migration is the debut album from Wu-Tang affiliate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates) producer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_producer) and rapper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapper) Bronze Nazareth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Bronze_Nazareth), released through Dreddy Kruger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Dreddy_Kruger)'s Think Differently (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Differently_Music) imprint on Babygrande Records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babygrande_Records). The album features appearances from Wu-Tang affiliates Timbo King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Timbo_King), Killa Sin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Killa_Sin), Prodigal Sunn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#Prodigal_Sunn), 12 O'Clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan_affiliates#12_O.27Clock) and Boot Camp Clik (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_Clik) member Sean Price (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Price). The Album has moved 7,680 Ccopies.i admittedly don't really know shit about the music industry or independent album sales or anything...

but if those numbers are true it is truly sad that an album of this quality has sold so little. I'm sure the blame rests as much with the distributors as with the fans (i remember not seeing this in stores--any stores--for months after it dropped)..

on the other hand, it feels pretty special to be a part of that relatively small group of ppl that have the privilege to own this shit..i may have to go buy another copy soon, the one i have right now is all beat up..

Trismegistos
03-07-2008, 07:06 PM
I thought I'd check this thread again and give it a bump, anyone that doesn't own this cd should, and there is no way that people jumped off this cd after 2 months.

I still rate The Great Migration as one of the truly great albums. Definitely amongst my top 10 Wu albums.

Everyone needs to get out and support the real artists out there. Bronze Nazareth and Killah Priest are due to drop an album this year and going on their current form it should be completely pure.

So people get out there and support Think Differently, The Great Migration, The Offering and the albums that don't get the exposure that the more mainstream albums do.

the silencer
03-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I thought I'd check this thread again and give it a bump, anyone that doesn't own this cd should, and there is no way that people jumped off this cd after 2 months.

I still rate The Great Migration as one of the truly great albums. Definitely amongst my top 10 Wu albums.

Everyone needs to get out and support the real artists out there. Bronze Nazareth and Killah Priest are due to drop an album this year and going on their current form it should be completely pure.

So people get out there and support Think Differently, The Great Migration, The Offering and the albums that don't get the exposure that the more mainstream albums do.
co-sign all of it man..

i'm starting to accept the fact that it's one of my favorite albums of all time...i've just listened to it way too much since it came out (way back in May of '06) for it not to be..

there is nothing i'd like more right now than a new Bronze album....

but for now i'll continue bumpin TGM

Trismegistos
03-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Yeah definitely a classic.

All Aussie Hip Hop purists should buy The Great Migration.

portis24
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I liked this album alot when i first bought it but now i rarely pplay it.I like the wiseman album better.

King Lizard
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Bronze could have done better! I rate this album better than Birth of A Prince, and that is because RZA knew better than that, so I will give Bronze the benefit. The best song on this one was Stolen Van Gogh, and it didn't even last long. Question, why do the best beats RZA put out is always 30 seconds? Is he really teasing or what? I hope Bronze's beatmaking skills with see light before I cop the next one.

racist randy
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
2. The Pain - THis shit is weak, I'm not feeling this at all. 1/5
3. More Than Gold (f. Timbo King) - 4/5
5. The Bronzeman (Killa Sin) - 4.5/5 Its great to hear killa sin you can tell hes fresh outta jail though, Bronze verse is too long and vice versa
6. One Plan- This is ok nothin special, i hate how Byata ends her last verse. 3.5/5
7. Instrumental (Interlude)
8. Stolen Van Gogh - 4.5/5 This shit is hot right here I cant lie
9. 5th Chamber (f. Prodigal Sunn, 12 O'clock & Sean Price) - 4/5 I expected way more than this nothin special at all.
11. Good Morning (A Nice Hell) - 4/5 Im feeling this shit too also.
12. Rare Breed (f. Phillie) - 3.5/5 Not really that good
13. Hear What I Say! - 1/5 I hate this shit beat is weak.
14. Black Royalty - 4.5/5 Now this is some dope shit for real
15. Detroit (f. Kevlaar & Phillie) - 3.5/5 Listenable nothin too special
16. $ (aka Cash Rule) - 4/5 This is a good track
17. Poem Burial Ground - 3/5 Shit is wack right here not feeling at all
18. The Great Migration - 3/5 Wtf?
19. Bronze Halls (Outro) -

Beats 4.5/5
Lyrics 4/5
Overall 4/5 . he has great beats though, some of the guest apperances are weak too. People are gonna start sayin this album is weak too just like they did fishscale after the first 2 months. Maybe it will grow but its not really that great.

Ok. Trash that review above you, I was hatin a little bit I won't lie, but I was like 16 lol.

1.Intro

2.The Pain
I'm still not feeling this track 2 years later, the beat is annoying to me. The lyrics on here are aight, you can tell he has potential in him though. I'm still not feeling this track at all though. 2.5/5

3.More Than Gold
Beat is hot, Bronze starts it off nice I won't lie, he spits some ill dartz and goes in hard not his best but he shows he has skills on the mic, Timbo King is playing around on the mic, that's something I don't like at all, Bronze comes back in and saves the track. Overall this is pretty solid. 4/5

5.The Bronzeman
I heard it had a skit in the opening that's why it takes them so long to start spitting, but they still could've chopped it down, anyways Bronze comes in hard on here beat wise and lyrically, but when Killa Sin comes in you can just forget it, he kills this shit , his flow on here is crazy and he just kills it, this guy really needs a solo album, he proves he never fell off. 4/5

6.One Plan
Ok, we have a female track on the album. Beat is actually cool, I'm not feeling Byata on here, it takes away from Bronze verse, he goes in and she comes in and kills the vibe,she sounds like a dyke on the mic, NOT GOOD.This doesn't even flow well it sounds like 2 men spitting back to each other. This would've been better as a solo track.
3.5/5

7.Instrumental

8.Stolen Van Gogh
The beat on here is mad ill, I fucks with this one alot and Bronze just takes off with the beat, the only problem with this is that it short, I think he definitely could've did more damage with a few more dartz added. 4/5

9.5th Chamber
I heard about the guest spots on this track and I was expecting a classic, I was wrong, I expected better for some reason, I think everybody on here didn't come as hard as I thought they could and the beat is aight. This was a letdown for me. 3.5/5

10.Stupid Fucking Whiteman Skit

11.Good Morning
I like the visual he gives you on here, and the beat is perfect on here. A 32 bar song with no hook would've been nice, I don't like the hook part on this song, he still goes in strong the second verse with a better flow too. A pretty solid track though. 4/5

12.Rare Breed
This is ok, we have a guest appearance by Phillie, he comes correct on the mic, Bronze does his job on the mic, beat is cool, nothing really too special about this track. 3.5/5

13.Hear What I Say
This beat is more annoying then Pain, I usually skip this as soon it comes on, but I sat through it for the review and my views haven't changed, nothing much to say about this one. Besides I think it's still mediocre. 3/5

14.Black Royalty
This beat is flames, I love it and bronze just goes in finally, if you had any doubts of him being good on the mic just read along

Royal golden, watch my inner soul flowing
Like leaves in a galilee, current towards the ocean
Grab it and smoke one, but don't overdose lungs
I'll trade you these scriptures, if you hand me your guns
Made it for students in the school of life
I could write a sunray, author of full moon's light
My words are suiters to a broken future
That stitch skies together, lift you to God, when we lose ya
I speak planets, think marbles, deep Pharaohs
Bleed messages, tell the welfare kids
Play Saturn's rings around a splattered kid's wig
Send him to Heaven's gates, to earn his severed wings
I great the fallen angels with a second chance
On the blankets of death, like winter Indian chants
My thoughts float through the city, homeless men heard me
Found more dreams in my rhymes, than that flask of wild turkey
Open and pour it, withdraw it, before we sipped it
Put his bottle in his coat and said "that kid is gifted"
Follow a spiral staircase into my brain wave
Count every step and see exactly where the pain lays
Aline my watch with a biological clock
Drag the moon into a womb, tell your child, you could watch
Then maybe you'll never leave, fatherless child as a seed
Black Royalty, our horns, my word crowned in habitat
On the black top, I spoke to Judas, he regreted that
Metal gat, my habits like fresh fleets of heroin
Look close, and saw the map of Detroit streets, in his arm
The city climbed in that old picture of me in the frame
And asked the man, if you should know, why the fuck I changed
Told him with no expression, words be on the page
Written in goblins, ghosts & the hemoglobin, the slaves
I drew blood in the shape of the Wu symbol
Wrote rhymes with hieroglyphics, left a mystics with temples
Carefully build each bar, like I rather eat in jail
Then smoke from the same plants, black magic used to hail
And blow the residue in the 9/11 wind direction
Stranger than fiction, how those buildings stand as missing
Back in deep thought like a rich man now homeless
Stroke the file like intern's hips and melted moments
This is triumphant warrior over throw
Vivid like my face carved in black foot totem pole
They ask whose the Wu-Tang poet so graphic
They send him towards The Wisemen, and he came The Nazareth4.5/5

15.Detroit
This is another average cut on the album, it consists of 3/4 of the wisemen, the beat is cool, nothing too special about this one either, NOT WACK, but skippable. 3.5/5

16.$ A.K.A. Cash Rules
This is a little better than most of the average joints on here, it's kinda slow, the hook is pretty dope I think that's the best part about the song, Bronze comes through lyrically as he usually does. 3.5/5

17.Poem Burial Ground
Bronze kills this shit, he just goes in on here, no hook or nothing just raw lyrics, beat is nice too, he definitely brings the heat on here, overall a pretty solid track. 4/5

18.The Great Migration
This sounds like he's just throwing dartz together on some U-God shit, beat on here is boring to, I usually skip this one, some good lines here and there, but this is another average cut. 3.5/5

19.Bronze Hall (Outro)

Beats- 3.5/5
Lyrics- 4/5
Overall- 3.5/5

This is the debut album by Bronze Nazereth which is pretty cool, he has some sick lyrics and some nice beats to accomodate them, some tracks seem like they lag to me, there are alot of samples on here, A head banger here and there would've been nice to mix things up, this is a pretty good debut, better than most debut by other Killa Beez. I think his next solo he will definitely have more to offer,as you can tell lyrically he's nice, and his beats can only get better. ****Overall 3.5/5****

pmack215
07-31-2008, 07:30 PM
peace hollow.
what do u mean "u were hatin" on ur previous review of TGM? u gave it a higher score last time.
???????????

racist randy
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
I felt like my last review was rushed...

the silencer
07-31-2008, 07:58 PM
i actually never wrote a full review of this album and it's one of my all-time favorites now, a little over 2 years after it dropped...

u can expect a huge in-depth review of this very soon....probably a little before the upcoming mixtape drops..

Suga Duga
08-01-2008, 08:58 AM
probably a little before the upcoming mixtape drops..

september that is right?

the silencer
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
september that is right?
that's what somebody here said but....no official word on anything..

food for thought
08-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Bronze could have done better! I rate this album better than Birth of A Prince, and that is because RZA knew better than that, so I will give Bronze the benefit. The best song on this one was Stolen Van Gogh, and it didn't even last long. Question, why do the best beats RZA put out is always 30 seconds? Is he really teasing or what? I hope Bronze's beatmaking skills with see light before I cop the next one.

dogg, you must be retarded. how is stolen van gogh your fav song on that shit. the whole shit is on point, how can u expect more from a debut album. the whole shit was tight n that shit stayed playing on repeat until i unfortunately played it out.
u cant even compare that album to wack ass birth of a prince. Rza "be ridin fast carsss..." fell off and bronze helped him out with that a day to god joint.

TGM was the tightest shit that came out the Wu/Killabee camp in a while.

smoke a blunt and give it some more listens. damn

peace

deadlymelody
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Purely my opinion, but this album is the best album by a Wu-Tang member or affiliate, since No Said Date.

FasterBlade
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Purely my opinion, but this album is the best album by a Wu-Tang member or affiliate, since No Said Date.

its right there with The Offering, i agree

wow @ all the classic ratings, im now in that group. its a pretty timeless album, not every beat is as crazy as The Pain or Bronzeman, but the lyrics tie everything together. its a pretty spectacular album

Drunken Monk
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
holy shit

Bacdad
04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
to me its a modern classic among madvillany,supreme clientle etc

claaa7
06-13-2010, 04:44 AM
damn i've been sleeping on this. i've banged it several times when it came out but it never clicked with me. gave it another chance now, a few years later, and YES Bronze delivers!! i admit he is a great producer, the beats on here are mostly straight fire. he got some real good drums to his shit and he picks ill samples to rhyme over. "The Pain", "Bronzemen", "More Than Gold", "Rare Breed", "Hear What I Say", "Good Morning", etc. not a masterpiece or anything but definitely dope!

the silencer
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM
damn i've been sleeping on this. i've banged it several times when it came out but it never clicked with me. gave it another chance now, a few years later, and YES Bronze delivers!! i admit he is a great producer, the beats on here are mostly straight fire. he got some real good drums to his shit and he picks ill samples to rhyme over. "The Pain", "Bronzemen", "More Than Gold", "Rare Breed", "Hear What I Say", "Good Morning", etc. not a masterpiece or anything but definitely dope!
wait til the amazingness of the lyrics start seeping in...