PDA

View Full Version : Xzibit- what does everbody think?

Liquid Lines
05-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Personally I thinks hes one of the best, should be way more famous than he his.
What does everbody else thnk about him?

Funk_Dock
05-23-2006, 05:09 AM
i like him, his style suits him well; hes one of the better commercial rappers out today. never picked up his last album, heard it wasnt nuttin special. altho i got 40 days and 40 nights and restless is one of my personal favourites, i can listen to almost all of it without skipping any track.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-23-2006, 05:16 AM
I like him.Very nice style grimey voice.X to the Z..

The Hound
05-23-2006, 06:02 AM
at the speed of light was raw dopeness, man vs machine is waaaay too underrated, it just a shame he more famous for pimp my ride than bein a dope rapper because thats what he is dope as fuck, altho i wasnt really feelin weapons of massdestruction

Ironlungz
05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I like him.Very nice style grimey voice.X to the Z..
co-sign

InfamousRD
05-23-2006, 03:25 PM
i like him, his style suits him well; hes one of the better commercial rappers out today. never picked up his last album, heard it wasnt nuttin special. altho i got 40 days and 40 nights and restless is one of my personal favourites, i can listen to almost all of it without skipping any track.

true

tical2000
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
washed up......

cap
05-23-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah he's off the radar as far as im concerned.
first 2 albums were near classic.
restless was nice too,but then he fucked up.

im not hating though let him get his money...

Panama
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Speed of light
40 days and 40 nights

Anything after that I havent heard, and am not too sure of.

ShaDynasty
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Personally I thinks hes one of the best, should be way more famous than he his.
What does everbody else thnk about him?
you never seen pimp my ride?
trust me that cat is FAMOUS!
speed of life was dope
i feel like hes a bit of a sellout these days though

The Antagonist
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
I need to take the time to go back and listen to his old stuff since they are supposed to be great. I have Weapons of Mass Destruction...its got some good tracks..."Muthafucka" is dope...its better than most commercial-type albums.

zeppelin2k
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
man I used to bump x all the time, his first two albums are dope as hell, but he fell off once he got too commercial after chronic 2001 days, then he just ruined his hardcore shit by hosting gay tv shows

he also broke up with his gf who may have also even have been his fiance and then she ended up starting to go out with usher

he was probably fucked up from that

as for rap, he wont top his first two albums, also it sounds like he has beef with 50 cent and eminem now bc they mention him on a couple of tracks and its pretty much dissing him

Bedlam
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't know why everyone hates on X for doing Pimp My Ride, I like him on that show. He's a good rapper as well, good voice and flow. Haven't heard that much of his library though, but Paparazzi is a classic

Longbongcilvaringz
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
40 days and 40 nights is a banger, x was dope back in those days.

KL1
05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
X is raw and underated.

Liquid Lines
05-24-2006, 04:52 AM
XZ is really not that famous. As a presenter maybe, but unless your into hip-hop no-ones ever heard of him as a rapper.

KBOS
05-24-2006, 05:35 AM
I would say 99% of everybody under 25 in the US who doesn't live under a rock knows who Xzibit is, he's definetly very famous. However only about 60% of that 99% even know he's a rapper and only about 3% of that 60% can name one of his songs.

By the way, somebody post that song he did with prince paul up for download. That was an ill song.

Liquid Lines
05-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah but I live outside the US annd no-one knows who he is apart from that bloke from that car show.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-14-2008, 03:01 AM
He is an excellent Emcee.
And his delivery is dope as his his voice.

A19COjfpXSE

Track is too real, even more so now...

zip2kx
12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
hey dawg you can either take door A and you might make some money by doing songs for a limited audience-

OR you can take door B and let a your face be seen by millions and get tons of more sponsors raise your general value.

which one do you take? stop hating on the nigga for paying the bills.

11th Chamber
12-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I dont see how anyone can not like him.

Dope MC, some nice albums, nice guest spots

Plus he's got that Busta Rhymes thing going on how he is cool with just about everyone in the industry

hehsy5sy5
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
xzibit fell off....he was dope bak then

Tyler Durden
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Speed of light: dope shit
40 days and 40 nights: classic and his best album IMO
Restless: not as good as the first 2 but still dope
Man vs Machine: pretty dope, better than I expected
Weapons of Mass destruction: Nothing special, I was a lil disappointed

Cosign to this except I haven't heard 'Weapons' yet.

I dont mind X on Pimp my Ride, its the other people on it I fucking hate, the fakeness of it is disgusting, the kids jumping around all excied and shit. Americans probably dont notice as much because they see it everyday on TV but its fucking horrible to watch

-IrOnBuLL-
12-15-2008, 10:14 AM
XZibit iz one of my favorite emceez
ppl can hate all they want but he'z
pretty unpredictable when it comes to his music n lyrics
TRUST ME

J.T.S.
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
"The foundation' my favorite song, also "Recycled assassins".

whitey
12-15-2008, 10:34 AM
hey dawg you can either take door A and you might make some money by doing songs for a limited audience-

OR you can take door B and let a your face be seen by millions and get tons of more sponsors raise your general value.

which one do you take? stop hating on the nigga for paying the bills.

eggsactly. he seems like a pretty cool ass dude too. funny and shit. that song about shrooms on 40d/40n is sick. had me laughing when hes got the gun at the end. "its aight i just shot the flo"

oldie
12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
X is quite nice, i bought all his albums but dont think i ever listened to em all or all the way thru

oldie
12-15-2008, 01:12 PM
plus u gotta pay him dues for bringin Phil Da Agony to peoples attention with his Strong Arm Steady Crew

Phil is nice!

Buzk
12-15-2008, 04:48 PM
A19COjfpXSE

classic. only heard his earlier work, very dope mc

CharlesJones
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
He's a good mc. I like his first 3 albums but i don't like his last 3 albums Man Vs. Machine, Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Full Circle because of the beats.

Wu-tang Fan
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I want to get his debut album but it's pretty hard to find them knocking around in stores; let alone get all of them like you've got. I could get it ordered in but that is gonna cost more. I really need to get my hip hop game back up though. Until recently nearly all of my C.D.s have been Wu ones. I blame it on them, they have got material for every type of mood a person can be in :D There are a whole plethora of classic albums that I haven't copped, since I have been occupied with the Wu for years. And the fact that I was only 3 when lots of classic albums dropped. But yeah, trying to broaden my hip hop collection now. I find the website Youtube good for listening to new songs, they have got loads of stuff on there.