PDA

View Full Version : The RZA: Has there ever been a better Rapper/Producer?

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Name me a rapper who can produce as good as him and always come correct on the mic.? Its impossible, you never get producers as dope as RZA able to rhyme aswell.

The mans a freak.

JackTrippa718JR
05-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Kayne West

TUCO
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
^^^ bad choice

TUCO
05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
MF Doom is nice on both

Iron Man
05-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Rakim

GhettoGnom
05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
kno

THE W
05-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Rza hasnt been very good on the mic for a while because of his bobbydigititus. but he's always been the man on the boards.

deadlymelody
05-23-2006, 01:13 PM
LOL at Kanye West. RZA is probably the best combination producer/rapper. Doom is good, Pete Rock is alright, Kanye is....average.

venex
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
hmm, yeah, the threadstarter is right about this one...

owwww wait...

what about HAVOC ?

but I'd pick the RZA...

AK Spray
05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Rza hasnt been very good on the mic for a while because of his bobbydigititus. but he's always been the man on the boards.

Thank You. Exactly.

MF Doom and Kanye are perfect examples of good Rappers/Producers.

pussy-with-teeth
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
rza is wack on the mic...i fuckin hate him rappping

kanye albums >>>rza albums

Claustrofobic
05-23-2006, 02:22 PM
lmao @ "Pete Rock is allright"

Pete Rock doesnt come close to RZA on the boards, but MC whise Pete Rock >>>>>> RZA

energizer
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Mf Dooooom

Polocash7
05-23-2006, 03:02 PM
El-P. Kanye uses a ghostwriter for some of his tracks

KBOS
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
RZA would be the easily the best rapper/producer mix if he didn't have a speach imparment.

ERN-DAWGY
05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
yea "LORD FINESSE", DIAMOND D on his old shit... SHOWBIZ is a wicked producer but he dont rhyme no more...

TAURO
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Name me a rapper who can produce as good as him and always come correct on the mic.? Its impossible, you never get producers as dope as RZA able to rhyme aswell.

The mans a freak.

Yes Dr Dre is much better.

only joking

Luther Large
05-23-2006, 05:03 PM
lol at pete rock is alright that cats a legend

and L O FUCKING L at the kid who said kanye is a better rapper/producer than kanye just cuz kanye waters down his style for your average fan dont make him good at producin or rappin kanye sucks dick

to me there are a few top producers ever

Dr. Dre
RZA
Premo
Pete Rock
Showbiz
Lord Finesse
Prince Paul

and i know i'm missin sum but i dont feel like bein here all day

PANDA PISS
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Erick Sermon by far

Bedlam
05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
10 years ago, I'd say Havoc was better. And Pete Rock ain't that great on the mic, theres a reason he almost never rapped on the CL Smooth albums. But as for a whole career, RZA is the best.

oDoUoSoKo
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
if ya'll think dre is better than rza, ur dreamin, dres ghost writtens arent close to rzas, erick is ok at both but not good enuff

KBOS
05-23-2006, 07:49 PM
lol at pete rock is alright that cats a legend

and L O FUCKING L at the kid who said kanye is a better rapper/producer than kanye just cuz kanye waters down his style for your average fan dont make him good at producin or rappin kanye sucks dick

to me there are a few top producers ever

Dr. Dre
RZA
Premo
Pete Rock
Showbiz
Lord Finesse
Prince Paul

and i know i'm missin sum but i dont feel like bein here all day

Don't play yourself, the kid who said Kanye was probably joking

Longbongcilvaringz
05-23-2006, 07:54 PM
havoc imo opinion was close, possibly not beat wise, but up there on the mic.

oDoUoSoKo
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
i used to think so^^

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Havoc is a good one he is the only one who comes close because he has one classic (the infamous) please dont say Pete Rock he cant rap at all.

MF Doom is also the only other one but his production isnt that creative he useally simply completely jacks a whole beat from the original and repeats it, plus I dont think he is as good as RZA in his prime on the mic.

Look @ RZA on Gravediggaz, 36 chambers, Forever, and other appearances here and there. Even hi Bob Digi is better than 80% of the shit out there nowadayz the guy has mad skills and is one of the best emcees of the 90's stop hatin. And to the person saying he sounds funny thats his style and thats what seperates him form other plain rappers.

wutang4249
05-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Kanye West, MF Doom,

snapple
05-23-2006, 08:28 PM
mobb deep has one classic? uhhh you're sleeping like you don't even know....

sermon, havoc and lord finesse are the only ones who i can think of that are = to RZA

and whoever said rza > pete rock on the boards by far must be on somethin crazy

makalani
05-23-2006, 08:34 PM
rza is one of the worst rappers ever

Havoc=GOAT Producer/MC

maestro wooz
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM
MF Doom is also the only other one but his production isnt that creative he useally simply completely jacks a whole beat from the original and repeats it, plus I dont think he is as good as RZA in his prime on the mic.

maestro wooz
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
pete rock and doom are the only other artist's id put up there on rza's level in terms of overall talent

TAURO
05-24-2006, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=Ghostlaced]Havoc is a good one he is the only one who comes close because he has one classic (the infamous) please dont say Pete Rock he cant rap at all.

MF Doom is also the only other one but his production isnt that creative he useally simply completely jacks a whole beat from the original and repeats it, plus I dont think he is as good as RZA in his prime on the mic.[quote]

How the fuck can you say that Doom is not as good as Rza, are you smokin crack?, Doom is one of the best lyricists period, his rhymestyle is complex laced with many metaphors that would leave many mc's scratching their heads, in fact he is on a par with Gza.
You can say what you want about his production but don't even question Dooms rhymes cos you don't know what you're talking about.

kylethegod
05-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Necro is the greatest ever producer/emcee, but other than thay id say Bronze Nazareth is pretty dope, and Goretex can also get on the beats most people dont know that

ol dirty abbot
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM

alot of people hate on bobby charactor but i love bobby. and no there hasnt been a better producer ever and he is one of my favourite MC's ever

morgan
05-24-2006, 08:37 AM
jehst

LORD ZERO
05-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Necro is the greatest ever producer/emcee, but other than thay id say Bronze Nazareth is pretty dope, and Goretex can also get on the beats most people dont know that

NECRO GOT SOME BANGAZ NO DOUBT, BUT HE CANT BRING IT LIKE A WU-ELEMENT PRODUCER, IM SORRY DATS JUST MY OPINION

Smif-N-Wessun
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
what about large pro?

not as consistent as rza...but he def matches my taste in music

ShaolinDarts
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
The only person that I can think of is Havoc. I don't think that he is better than Rza but he is clever with his beats and he used to be able to perfectly tailor them to the cd's.

But in all honesty people who think Rza is a wack rapper are kidding themselves. He hasn't done well in rapping recently but if people want to judge on what the last hot track was then yeah but if they want skills then check his rapping from the past and tell me he ain't ripped shit apart.

Alcryt
05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
But in all honesty people who think Rza is a wack rapper are kidding themselves. He hasn't done well in rapping recently but if people want to judge on what the last hot track was then yeah but if they want skills then check his rapping from the past and tell me he ain't ripped shit apart.

co-sign rza has had many great verses in the past

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
LOL at Kanye West. RZA is probably the best combination producer/rapper. Doom is good, Pete Rock is alright, Kanye is....average.

co sign

pussy-with-teeth
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
smh at everyone that thinks rza is a dope rapper

that man is a horrible on the mic

deadlymelody
05-24-2006, 10:36 AM
^
Ok you can now go on your Andre 3000 and Kanyw West rants for the 30th time.

ukarema
05-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Agree's with the thread starter.

And I also mad a similar thread like this on another message board. But cats don't realize that RZA producers and writes everthing on his own, with little to no help @ a consistant level. Unlike some other producers on the mic.

As far as overall talent, I can name some cats that are up there with RZA in terms of producer/rapping, composing music etc.

J-Zone
Wyclef Jean
Andre 3000
Large Professor
DJ Quik
Diamond D

To name a few, other than that, those who oppose would prolly rather listen to a Jazze Phae verse featuring lil jon. I'm just pointing out the obvious, RZA is one of the best most talented cats in MUSIC period. So ya'll marinate on that.

ironwizard
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Thank You. Exactly.

MF Doom and Kanye are perfect examples of good Rappers/Producers.

I agree that Doom is dope as hell. But Kanye? Wack as hell. He might be a talented producer, but he's a fucking wack rapper. Just my two cents.

Dirtdog13
05-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Del
Opio

Kanye should stick to producing

Claustrofobic
05-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Havoc is a good one he is the only one who comes close because he has one classic (the infamous)

So how long you been livin' in a cave?

Ghost In The 'Lac
05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Hell on Earth aint a classic. I love that album but its not up there for classic. Good call on Andre 3000 that completely slipped my mind.

And im not hating on Doom b/c hes actually been one of my favorite artists for a while now and operation doomsday is one of my all time favorite albums but in terms of produciton ahe is one of the best but he STILL hasnt reached RZA levels of greatness on the boards.

So you can pick out rappers who you tink are better than RZA (please stop saying people like Pete Rock, J zone ,Lord Finesse, Large Professor) but have they completely produced 5 hip hop classics? No.

Only ones who are close to his levels are Havoc, Andre3000 MF Doom.

Bedlam
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Andre 3000 hasn't done shit producing. All the beats on the Outkast albums are done by Organized Noize and ET3. He made a bunch of shit on The Love Below. wow, shit sucked anyway.

Jimmy Focus
05-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Rza's ability on the mic was at his best on the first gravediggaz records (imo).

ukarema
05-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Andre 3000 hasn't done shit producing. All the beats on the Outkast albums are done by Organized Noize and ET3. He made a bunch of shit on The Love Below. wow, shit sucked anyway.

lol this is so juvenile.

Atleast you can try to get your facts straight.

First off, Andre 3000 is responsible for alot of production of Outkasts discography. Starting from ATLiens, where the majority of the beats were done by him. Soon after that himself, big boi & Mr DJ formed Earthtone III.

Which if you check your history they've done the later part of Outkasts discography starting from Aquemini but produced for people such as Lenny Kravitz, TLC & Gwen Stefani.
And dre played a huge role of Earthtone III when they were together. Cuz it turned out the group decided to have there own solo production companies.

It's well documented that Rico of ONP said that Dre was responsible for the majority of the earlier Outkast production. Rico taught those cats and the rest if history.

And as far as The Love Below suckin ass, it may have not been 'Holocaust' lyrics over '4th chamber' beats but the shit won a grammy so thats saying a little something.
Just check ya history man before you say some dumb shit.

GhettoGnom
05-24-2006, 05:51 PM
seriously....
kno >>> andre
CunninLynguists >>> Outkast

ukarema
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
seriously....
kno >>> andre
CunninLynguists >>> Outkast

lmao, Danger Mouses Grey album >>>>> DJ Kno's White Album

MaShPG
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Q-Tip...ya'll just wait for me to drop the Tip Production mixtape, it's coming...

Bedlam
05-24-2006, 08:23 PM
lol this is so juvenile.

Atleast you can try to get your facts straight.

First off, Andre 3000 is responsible for alot of production of Outkasts discography. Starting from ATLiens, where the majority of the beats were done by him. Soon after that himself, big boi & Mr DJ formed Earthtone III.

Which if you check your history they've done the later part of Outkasts discography starting from Aquemini but produced for people such as Lenny Kravitz, TLC & Gwen Stefani.
And dre played a huge role of Earthtone III when they were together. Cuz it turned out the group decided to have there own solo production companies.

It's well documented that Rico of ONP said that Dre was responsible for the majority of the earlier Outkast production. Rico taught those cats and the rest if history.

And as far as The Love Below suckin ass, it may have not been 'Holocaust' lyrics over '4th chamber' beats but the shit won a grammy so thats saying a little something.
Just check ya history man before you say some dumb shit.

ya know, I hadn't done any research into who made up ET3, and after I posted, I thought maybe Andre 3000 was a part of it. I had a feeling I was gonna get sonned. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just going by the booklets from each album, I never saw Andre 3000. Love Below still sucks though, Grammy or not.

A_Wisdombody
05-24-2006, 08:44 PM

The mans a freak.

Large Professor, Pete Rock

A_Wisdombody
05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Q-Tip...ya'll just wait for me to drop the Tip Production mixtape, it's coming...

I agree

TUCO
05-24-2006, 08:58 PM
RZA is ok

deadlymelody
05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
^
Co-Sign Tuco

I'd have to say Q-Tip is second best. Im a big Q-Tip fan, keeps the ears clean.

GhettoGnom
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Tonedeff...Easily
word!

lmao, Danger Mouses Grey album >>>>> DJ Kno's White Album
no........

And since when did danger mouse became an emcee???? I've never heard him on a song, so that shit right there is sooo off topic... It's like saying "j-dilla" or "rjd2", this is producer AND emcee.....

that's all

THE W
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM
isnt this thread about who has a better combination of rhyming and producing skills then Rza. this has turned into a "who is a better rapper then Rza who makes beats too" thread.

some of the guys that have been mentioned can rhyme better but couldnt hold a candle to Rza on the boards.

Brand New Funk
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Rapper? For shure, he aint even the best out of The Clan.
Producer? I`m not so shure about that. He`s one of the producers you can call "The Best". But he`s not the only one. Guys like Dilla, Jazzy Jeff, Marley Marl etc. come to mind too.

THE W
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
do dilla, marly marl, and jazzy jeff rhyme?

Brand New Funk
05-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Oh, now I get it. The question is if there ever was a dude that was better at doing both. Well in that case: Hell no, RZA kills them.
By the way, Jazzy had one or 2 verses back in the JJFP days..lol

energizer
05-25-2006, 04:28 PM
dilla raps on the jaylib thing champion sound

ukarema
05-25-2006, 04:41 PM

Dilla been rhyming since Slum Villages - Fantastic Volume 2. He's not as consistent as RZA when he was alive, cuz he was more focused on production.

GENERAL WISE
05-26-2006, 02:28 AM
older havoc
older Dr. Dre

to RZA now

but to older (pyN & gravedigga) RZA, i don't think anyone can fuck wit.

Brand New Funk
05-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Dont forget about DJ Quik. He`s a very good Producer/Rapper too. In my opinion he should be placed above Dr. Dre..

Prince Shafala
05-26-2006, 09:51 AM
rza is the greatest.

Hayabusa
05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Kool Keith anyone??? any of you guys ever heard of him LOL...
Keith>>>RZA
Even keith thinks bobby digitial is wack as fuck.

Brand New Funk
05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Keith is cool too.

THE W
05-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Keith>>>RZA
do you see kool keith as a better producer as well?

ukarema
05-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Keith>>>RZA

LOL @ Robbie Analog

We all know that Kool Keith likes to swagger jack sometimes and spin his own steez around it.

He did the samething against Andre 3000 too.

Luther Large
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
i was thinkin about it

and there really are no other better RAPPER/producers

Freeway Part:ll
05-26-2006, 05:27 PM
RZA is ok

:thumbup:

Anyways,Ill say Daz Dillinger.

GhettoGnom
05-29-2006, 10:10 AM
As said before...
Tonedeff, his rapping is WAAAAY better than RZA, his producing ain't quite that great, but it's pretty good so all in all I would rate Tonedeff over RZA.....
Kno, his rapping is a bit better than RZA's, imo, and his producing is way different... Hard to say if it's better or worse, cus u can't really compare it.... I might like his production better than RZA's

Monkdude
05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
How about Pharoahe Monch? He's an amazing rapper and he co-produced a lot of his stuff.

pi-pol
05-29-2006, 11:30 AM
J Dilla.
His lyrics were really avearge but he had a dope flow, they really try creative things with Slum Village.
Beatwise since 2000 Dilla>Rza. i mean, Like Water For Chocolate, his beats on Be, all his work on Stones Throw, Donuts, his beats on FishScale, Champion Sound etc... Dilla was the truth...
You can add madlib too.

05-29-2006, 11:53 AM
nobody is a better producer in the rap game than Rza

deadlymelody
05-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Tonedeff is a dope MC but come on, he might as well ONLY be an MC.

GhettoGnom
05-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Tonedeff is a dope MC but come on, he might as well ONLY be an MC.
fuck naw, I like alot of his beats and production....

Seborth
06-28-2006, 12:51 PM
RZA is the best producer ever, and he's very good MC.
Just greatest?

tragedykhadafi12
06-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Not saying they are better but these guys are ill at both too

havoc
dr dre
tragedy khadafi

june181972
06-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Scarface does a lot of the hottest beats on the Geto Boyz and his solo albums.
And others

Why does the greatest(by far) rapper from the south always get left out of discussions like this?
On this board and every where else

Ghost_Deini_
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
man, dila has his own solo album called "welcome 2 detroit" where he raps and produces. go listen to that. hes not the best at rhyming at all, but he does rap.

ukarema
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Ahhh, Forgot Kno!

Oh Yeah...Deacon The Villain....Rza's Lyrics Ain't fucking with His...As Well As Producing...

Let me know when Deacon produces a classic LP entirely by himself.

Skellington
07-06-2006, 01:11 PM
MF Doom

Chef_Raekwon
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
rza is wack on the mic...i fuckin hate him rappping

kanye albums >>>rza albums

you obsiously aint heard all of his shit

Definitive X
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
^^^^Sometimes you gotta let pussy-with-teeth rant for a while...

deadlymelody
07-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Haha yeah he reminds of one of those guys when you're in an argument and he makes his point and everyone goes what the hell and kicks him in the groin.

ol dirty abbot
07-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Rza is the greatest.

Professor Poopsnagle
07-07-2006, 03:19 AM
Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas

good mc, good producer who also created his own sound, musically talented, good dancer, reliable, always on time, is there for his friends, funny, intelligent, has 53234.477 degrees of knowledge of self, pays his bills, helps elderly women crossing the street, is generous at donating for relief organisations, punched the shit out of chuck norris, cooks absolutely fantastic chicken-terriaki with rice, memorized the telephone book of bombay, fucked all the bitches in the official sexy girls thread and so on.

this guy is great. i donīt know why anyone would pick rza and make a thread out of it.

CEITEDMOFO
07-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas

:point: HAHAHA FAGGITS THATS AS FUNNY AS WHEN U SAID KOOL KEITH, A FAGGIT EMCEE WHO WAS SCARED 2 FREESTYLE IN FRONT OF LA THE DARKMAN AND SHOTTY SCREWFACE WHEN THEY WAS ON BOBBITO

NIGGAZ KNO DARKMANS WU SHIT IS 2 GANGSTA FOR KEITH, HE SAID " IM NOT A EMCEE IM A PRODUCER"

BUT YEA, IMA SAY JUJU FROM THE BEATNUTS,HAVOC,DIAMOND D, PETE ROCK AND I CANT THINK OF ANY MORE}:|

Professor Poopsnagle
07-07-2006, 04:37 AM
^you consider kool keith a bad mc?

PANDA PISS
07-07-2006, 04:45 AM
Large Professor Has Equal Skills In Both Areas To Me

eVoL
07-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Keith>>>RZA
haha gyeah. i remember this, keith came out attacking the "digital" status with classic "analog"

rza is a fag. but if you were asking this corresponding to his eariler rapping/production on 36 chambers/tical, etc. i think NO ONE could top him
but, times change son rza is a has-been

diamond D takes the cake (no homo), followed by lord finesse, tragedy khadafi, and dr. dre

pneumatic
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM

Hasn't been good on the mic? I think he is only getting better.

ukarema
07-07-2006, 08:41 AM
haha gyeah. i remember this, keith came out attacking the "digital" status with classic "analog"

rza is a fag. but if you were asking this corresponding to his eariler rapping/production on 36 chambers/tical, etc. i think NO ONE could top him
but, times change son rza is a has-been

diamond D takes the cake (no homo), followed by lord finesse, tragedy khadafi, and dr. dre

This is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read.

1st off what has Diamond D done in the past 2 years? Samething with Lord Finesse?

Tragedy Khadafi hasn't produced an entire album by himself with no help like RZA.

Dr. Dre doesn't even write his own rhymes, and most of the time he produces interpolations of songs instead of solely on his own. Thats not taking anything away from Dre tho, he's still a great producer

So what are you really saying? You call RZA a fag cuz you wanted him to stay the same style since 36 chambers?

Cats can't accept that fact that RZA has evolved since then. If he hasn't he wouldn't be in the position where he is today. RZA is scoring movies, which if you look @ it historically. This adds precedence to his already great body of work.

Longbongcilvaringz
07-07-2006, 09:09 AM
hav is the only one who competes on both the production and mc'ing front.

Da Problem Child
07-07-2006, 09:40 AM

correct,except for tha part witt Kanye.Knaye beats is crazy and he can rhymes

energizer
07-07-2006, 10:44 AM
hav is the only one who competes on both the production and mc'ing front.

pretty much, cant argue with the production and his mc'ing ability seems to keep increasing

Longbongcilvaringz
07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
yeah actually, while p has dropped off dramatically, hav is still droppin some at least decent verse. outta control remix he had an alright verse.

eVoL
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
This is one of the dumbest posts i've ever read.

1st off what has Diamond D done in the past 2 years? Samething with Lord Finesse?

what has RZA done in the last 2 years?

Tragedy Khadafi hasn't produced an entire album by himself with no help like RZA.

"entire" albums, are you shitting me? trag has produced so much including many tracks off CNN's war report. and if you think RZA gets no help with production/keys, you're retarded. why do you think he has so many Wu-affiliated producers? logic. know it.

Dr. Dre doesn't even write his own rhymes, and most of the time he produces interpolations of songs instead of solely on his own. Thats not taking anything away from Dre tho, he's still a great producer

thanks Dr. Obvious, everyone knows Dre hardly writes his shit, but should this conflict with his rapping? no

So what are you really saying? You call RZA a fag cuz you wanted him to stay the same style since 36 chambers?

i "wanted" him? youre a fag for making shit up

Cats can't accept that fact that RZA has evolved since then. If he hasn't he wouldn't be in the position where he is today. RZA is scoring movies, which if you look @ it historically. This adds precedence to his already great body of work.

get off his nutts you fucking Wu-dick hugger. saying "evolved" leads me to believe one thing - you're a mindless groupie trying to justify every Wu action as a new and better thing. "scoring movies"? independent film Ghost Dog and the [shitty] Kill Bill flicks? get a life

deadlymelody
07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
correct,except for tha part witt Kanye.Knaye beats is crazy and he can rhymes

Well that's a different argument. I know it's purely opinion, but College Dropout is an overrated album, and Late Registration is partly very good, partly nothing special. As for Kanye's production work, he has good beats, but nothing to put him up with the best of all time.

dimi
07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
what about premo

ukarema
07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
get off his nutts you fucking Wu-dick hugger. saying "evolved" leads me to believe one thing - you're a mindless groupie trying to justify every Wu action as a new and better thing. "scoring movies"? independent film Ghost Dog and the [shitty] Kill Bill flicks? get a life

Wow, your posts get dumber & dumber. Since when was it cool for cats to have ghostwriters? Oh i see, Dr Dre gets a pass cuz he's one of the GOAT producers.

As an emcee you should be able to write your own rhymes period. Dre's ability to rap RIGHT NOW, is null & void. Based on the fact that his style changes depending on who writes for him.
And come on dawg, your insults are pointless. This is the internet man, you think i'm a wu nut huggin fag like you say? That just shows how much of a mindset you have.

I only replied to your posts cuz you seemed to discredit RZA quite a bit by not acknowledging his body of work post 36 chambers. You act like RZA was never makin dope beats since then. Which is not the case.
Also the Tragedy Khadafi joints he produced on War Report. I got tha album right in front of me dawg. He only produced 2 joints, illegal life & parole violators. So once again RZA's body of work is way ahead of tragedys.

In general tho, if someone likes a group or a person in hip hop he's automatically thrown into the 'dick rider' catagory. Someone who detests an artists is always a 'hater' And i'm not quick to catergorize cats but to me it seems you have nothing but blind hatred for RZA. Completely discrediting his work ethic & post 36 chambers material.
We agree to disagree end of story.

rubyspirit
07-08-2006, 07:29 PM
RZA reigns supreme has hip hop's greatest producer/MC. There's no debate.

EVEN FLOW
07-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Kanye is a producer but can't come close as an emcee. Doom is average at both. Lil' Jon! J/P. No one can touch RZA.

GreenPoop!
07-08-2006, 08:43 PM
How about Pharoahe Monch? He's an amazing rapper and he co-produced a lot of his stuff.
BINGO!

Way better than RZA

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-09-2006, 11:26 AM
^Obviously we got alot of these blockheaded dudes floating around who cant understand the question.

THE CHALLENGER MUST BE BETTER AT BOTH MC'ING AND PRODUCING THAN RZA. IF HE CAN MATCH THE HIP HOP CLASSIC CATALOGUE OF RZA THEN HES A CONTENDER.

The only one is Havoc and maybe Andre3000.

famenchuan
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
RZA has either played a huge part in production, rhyming or both in these albums.
Enter the 36 Chambers
Tical
Liquid Swords
Return to the 36 Chambers
Ironman
OBCl
6 Feet Deep
The Pick, Sickle and Shovel
Ghostdog
Wu Forever
The W
Iron Flag
Bob Digi in Stereo
Digital Bullet
Birth of a Prince

More than half of these albums are classics and the rest either good or great.

crass
07-09-2006, 10:52 PM
i say Havoc's early career is superior to RZA's later career. no contest, imo