PDA

View Full Version : Ghost dissing Paul Wall?

HONEYbakedSAM
05-23-2006, 03:47 PM
With four-four gloves, rims spinning, tippin' on fo-fo's
My mouth be worth millions, something like Paul Wall's
Ladies look out; they ain't thugs, they homo's

Thats a line from Dogs of War off Fishscale. It's a sick line and I interpreted it to be Ghost dissing Paul Wall. What do you think?

ThaChemist
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I listened to this and had the exact opposite opinion. The they ain't thugs, they homo's is not directed towards Paul Wall, Ghost is saying he's got rims spinning, tippin' on fo-fo's, and a grill like Paul Wall, I don't think he'd say he's like Paul Wall and his people, then call them homos...

HONEYbakedSAM
05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Yea but thats where i disagree. Ghost never says he has a grill like Paul Wall, he says his mouth is worth millions like Paul's. So Ghost's mouth is worth a lot because of his skills as an MC and Paul's mouth is worth a lot because of his expensive grill.

444trumpets
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Could be a diss but it sounds like he change it up to a different subject.
Well it could be a quick diss...
Yeah!!!!

Luther Large
05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
I listened to this and had the exact opposite opinion. The they ain't thugs, they homo's is not directed towards Paul Wall, Ghost is saying he's got rims spinning, tippin' on fo-fo's, and a grill like Paul Wall, I don't think he'd say he's like Paul Wall and his people, then call them homos...

co-sign i neva thought it was a diss either

but then again he could be dissin'em he said sumthin bout "still playin mob" which could be 3 6 mafia

maybe he was dissin what they playin on the radios latley?

Ironman Starks
05-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Yea but thats where i disagree. Ghost never says he has a grill like Paul Wall, he says his mouth is worth millions like Paul's. So Ghost's mouth is worth a lot because of his skills as an MC and Paul's mouth is worth a lot because of his expensive grill.

c/s

12weLvE
05-23-2006, 05:52 PM
In muy opinion he is nbot dissing him...its all a metaphor..."My mouth is worth million, something like Paul Walls." In other words: his lyrics and everything that comes out of his mouth is platinum, or woth that much. so its a nice metaphor.

HONEYbakedSAM
05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
In muy opinion he is nbot dissing him...its all a metaphor..."My mouth is worth million, something like Paul Walls." In other words: his lyrics and everything that comes out of his mouth is platinum, or woth that much. so its a nice metaphor.

yea thats kind of what im saying but i also take it to mean that Paul doesnt have the lyrics worth millions, just a grill. I think thats part of the dis.

Full Metal Kid
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
i think it might bea subliminal diss but he spit it so cool that it might fly over all their heads, i doubt they even listen to ghost though

Hillside Bammas
05-24-2006, 06:31 AM
its not a diss, its just a reference. dont read too deep into things. ghost aint a bitch, he'll straight up call out someone... that was far from it.

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
05-24-2006, 09:14 AM
I never thought of it as a diss, but it could be!!! Thats an ill line and Trife murders that shit!!!
"five-eleven keep the heat tucked, that'll burn a hole through ur stomach like acid reflux"

rubyspirit
06-01-2006, 03:41 AM

Thats a line from Dogs of War off Fishscale. It's a sick line and I interpreted it to be Ghost dissing Paul Wall. What do you think?

Good one.

maestro wooz
06-01-2006, 03:47 AM
yeah its definetly true this is why i love wu cause theyre so beyond the average cornball emcee that they can be dissing you in shit you think theyre shouting you out in, theyre fucking gods i love them.

deadlymelody
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
im thinking thats a diss to paul wall

R3beLuTionAry
06-02-2006, 09:52 PM
c/s
so what about the they aint thugs they homos line?

Drunken_Dragon_Fist
06-03-2006, 01:38 AM
not calling ghost a bitch, but he doesnt straight call out anybody.Clyde Smith skit anybody?? Dude changed his voice and then dissed 50. bitch move.

rubyspirit
06-03-2006, 01:43 AM
so what about the they aint thugs they homos line?

they're not hard, they're soft
not a direct reference to liking men or being gay
then again PW could be, although he got married last year

Jet Set
06-05-2006, 04:21 AM

I don't think, I know, I know he's dissing you mom & dad. :list:
with a strap on

L~>1<~NKS
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
not calling ghost a bitch, but he doesnt straight call out anybody.Clyde Smith skit anybody?? Dude changed his voice and then dissed 50. bitch move.

Rae was the original Clyde Smith. I never really understood why Rae did that - probably high or some shit. I mean if you know Audio you know that when you speed up the skit you could clearly make out Rae's voice.

L~>1<~NKS
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I don't think, I know, I know he's dissing you mom & dad. :list:
with a strap on

Lovin those females in your sig son. They some famous actressess or somethin - they sexay!

Huggasaurus Sex
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
i think like a lot of things ghost does and says it's simply open for interpretation. the first time i heard it i thought it was just a nod to paul wall, but i've also at times thought it was a diss cuz of the "watch out ladies, they ain't thugs, they homos..." now i'm not so sure.

as ghost would probably say: "it is what it is, nah mean. whateva whateva."

Dough Snatcher
06-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Dog he just mentioned Paul Walls name in a song. Lots of MC's do it.

WotsGoinDown
06-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats a straight pall wall diss

Da Dishonourable Don
06-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Fuck Paul Wall, he'll never be nicer than Ghost! who cares if that was a diss or not, Ghost'll eat Paul Wall for dinner any given time!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
lmao at you kids

making something out of nothing

first Paul Wall is a singular person not a bunch of people - they - thugs -homos

ghost makes a clever reference to someone famous, like many rappers do. its a reference not a diss

ghost is dissing the endless mass of nameless wack rappers/thugs that appear in 99% of rapper's lyrics everywhere

kwabena1041
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Somebody need to dis his corny pasty ass, FUCK EM!!

J-DON
01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Its not a diss. Hes saying that while Paul Walls mouth is worth millions because of the diamonds and jewlery in it. His mouth is worth millions because of the verses he spits.

TGambino
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
no it aint some of yall stupid sometimes for real

KLIION JENSEN
01-26-2008, 10:33 AM
ok the Paul Wall reference aint a diss, and before you come with the "what about they aint thugs they homos" line, what comes after that line ??

Punch
02-01-2008, 12:08 AM
The two lines don't have anything to do with each other.