PDA

View Full Version : Incase there was any Misconception...

Gully
06-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Nas is infact, the Greatest Of All Time...

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
i'll cosign

Decka
06-08-2005, 09:05 PM
nah i dont agree at all, biggie is a much better lyricsyst than nas

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I cosign with method... B.I.G. is the G.O.A.T.

Gully
06-08-2005, 09:32 PM
No...you two are Idiots...

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 09:51 PM
We not the ones on the nutz of dude that sells fictious rhymes.

Decka
06-08-2005, 09:51 PM
listen gully u hostile dick! i neva said big was goat, i wouldnt make such a stupid post, the goat title is a matter of opinion, and if me or somone else thinks its big than instead of tryin to put that person down, why not argue ur point that he is not the goat rather than sound like a dick! i sont think nas is goat but i wouldnt post and call u an idoit jus cause u think it.

Gully
06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
We not the ones on the nutz of dude that sells fictious rhymes.
The Fuck?

Biggie and His Mother both Said he Didn't live what he Spit about, he Just Observed and Spat about Observing...

Slap the shit outta yourself, and your Parents for letting you enter this world...

Filthy pale Swine...

Decka
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
fuckin racist scum!

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 10:07 PM
The Fuck?

Biggie and His Mother both Said he Didn't live what he Spit about, he Just Observed and Spat about Observing...

Slap the shit outta yourself, and your Parents for letting you enter this world...

Filthy pale Swine... Shut yo lame ass up.

Gully
06-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Shut yo lame ass up.
you Mad?

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Nah, I didn't use exclamations.

Smif-N-Wessun
06-08-2005, 10:11 PM
nah i dont agree at all, biggie is a much better lyricsyst than nas Smoke much crack ?

Biggie better lyricist than Nas g you're flyin' with opium and shit

Biggie had ill shit but Nas' lyrics are on some other level, besides that biggie is over rated

Hayabusa
06-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Biggie got the storytellin skillz on lock.

Gully
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Biggie got the storytellin skillz on lock.
Shoot Em Up Shoot Em Up Bang Bang

Smif-N-Wessun
06-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Rewind

Gully
06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Fetus

Dr Zayus
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I Got a Story to Tell
Gimme The Loot

But Nas is about equal to biggie in Storytelling terms, because Sekou Story is THE SHIT.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-09-2005, 12:07 AM
We not the ones on the nutz of dude that sells fictious rhymes.yea, nas does make up some of the shit in his songs.. but ive seen more than one interview with someone from biggies old neighborhood saying that he never sold drugs/shot anyone/or did any type of crime. the dude went to private school. don't get me wrong though, i like biggie.

'but thomas, where biggie grew up was really hard!'

yea, so is QB

----
and are we really supposed so believe cassidy 'hustles'?

EDIT: yea, i just realized someone's already said this

the messiah
06-09-2005, 12:19 AM
yo, nas is ill but, tha power is divided. its impossible to say who's the best cuz at one point in rap history nas was king as was jay-z and wu and rakim and so on. u may have a favorite but it doesn't mean there the best

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-09-2005, 12:46 AM
a messiah in true form^

the messiah
06-09-2005, 01:12 AM
thanks kid^

Rebel_INS
06-09-2005, 04:20 AM
LMAO! Damn yall fightin already?! Haha...... Nas is 10 times better than biggie at rhyming get real people

LikwidSwordz
06-09-2005, 10:58 AM
^^ No doubt, i think you jus gotta judge who was the best at their prime. I mean...when Wu was at their prime NOBODY could touch them, Wu would have blasted Jay Z or Biggie, or even Nas even thought they wouldnt beef anyway. But yea of course its jus my opinion. But top MC's imo are Canibus, I.T., Gza, Rakim, and Nas.

P.E.A.C.E.

HarlemDiplomat
09-08-2007, 01:27 PM
In no order: Nas, Pac, KRS, Wu,

11th Chamber
09-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Nas aint Top 5

HarlemDiplomat
09-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Nas aint Top 5

IMHO hes not GOAT but he is top.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
haha, the notion that biggie is better than nas in any facet of mc'ing is ludicrous.

this thread is so old.

OTB
09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
nas iz top 4 all-time-

1>blastmaster krs-one(why iz this still a mystery to headz?)
2>rza/gza
3>chuck d
4>kool g rap/raekwon/killah priest/nas
5>holocaust/mef/ghost
6>immortal technique
7>pac/b.i.g/odb
8>mf doom/masta killa
9>to be cont.
10>to be cont.

SaqurakiHanamichi
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
The Fuck?

Filthy pale Swine...

2 words

"burned toes"

Guarded By Martyrs
09-08-2007, 04:48 PM
nas iz top 4 all-time-

2>rza/gza
3>chuck d
5>holocaust/mef/ghost
6>immortal technique
7>pac/b.i.g/odb
8>mf doom/masta killa
9>to be cont.
10>to be cont.

I pretty Much Agree

1.Holocaust (lack of albums but still the greatest on the mic)
2.Killah Priest
3.RZA/GZA
4.Canibus
5.Virtuoso
6.Raekwon
7.Nas

Something like that.

Dante
09-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Lyrically, Nas > Biggie. Everything else: Biggie > Nas

Both are 2 of the greatest MC's ever.

Hayabusa
09-09-2007, 03:01 AM
wtf at bringing back a almost 3 year old topic.....

HarlemDiplomat
09-09-2007, 03:23 AM
haha, the notion that biggie is better than nas in any facet of mc'ing is ludicrous.

this thread is so old.

I remember having an argument with someone about this a long time ago. He said Nas is better than B.I.G. and at the time I aint believe him.

But now I do.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-09-2007, 04:35 AM
yeah ok, obviously thats my own opinion, and it probably isnt entirely accurate but...

Nas is severely under rated as a story teller while Biggie is majorly over rated as one.

so thats one argument that i cant subscribe to.

i guess the other viewpoint is in terms of flow and delivery...

and thats completely subjective.

i dont know what im trying to say, but biggie really doesnt have enough material to be compared to nas anyway.

Dante
09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
^ I agree that Nas is a better stroyteller. Personally, i think Nas is the grestest storyteller in hip hop.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-09-2007, 12:23 PM
yeah, one of the best.

cap
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
nah nas is way better than big imo,big is like the most overrated rapper in history.
people act like he's this super-lyrical complex genius rapper,BIG WAS NOT THAT COMPLEX!!have these guys ever heard big's albums??

dont get me wrong i love big too,RTD is one of my favourite albums of all time,but he isnt even in my top 15....

ps : nas = goat

Dante
09-09-2007, 12:46 PM
^ Who says you have to be a "super complex" rapper to be one of the best?

Wu-Tality
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
GOAT = Greatest Opinion All Time

Same as in every other music genre. Miles Davis < > John Coltrane for example.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
^ I agree that Nas is a better stroyteller. Personally, i think Nas is the grestest storyteller in hip hop.

Raekwon & Killah Priest

Dominus Santorini
09-09-2007, 03:05 PM
On the strength of Born Again...Nas is better bar for bar...When Biggie was writing rhymes that were used on Born Again (pre-Ready to Die). Nas was writing Illmatic. Should we say anymore?

ShaDynasty
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Nas is up there no doubt, top ten but i dont see how you could hear a Rakim/Jay-Z/G Rap etc track and say for sure that he beats them i don't know.

11th Chamber
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
nas iz top 4 all-time-

2>rza/gza
3>chuck d
5>holocaust/mef/ghost
6>immortal technique
7>pac/b.i.g/odb
8>mf doom/masta killa
9>to be cont.
10>to be cont.

ODB shouldent be mentioned in the same sentence as Pac. Nice top 17

ShaDynasty
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
dirt dog wipes the floor with pac

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Nas is indeed one of the greatest, and BIG deserves a mention too...lyrically GZA, KP & Canibus the greatest...but I really don't want to argue again...so I'm gonna ask u... who has it all? who has done it all?

two answers.

Nas & Ghost. (Common, KRS & Rakim, sorry)

I bet they will still be remembered by the true hip-hop heads in the year 2043...

Longbongcilvaringz
09-10-2007, 03:42 AM
i dont see how nas and ghost are comparable.

nas catalogue, in terms of quality and quantity is pretty much unrivaled.

ghost has released about 3 mediocre albums.

gza is probably the most consistent in the wu, but his catalogue still isnt at the same level as nas, and he doesnt have the same variation or experimentation (whether thats a good or bad thing..)

im speaing mc skill wise, i understand that nas has dropped some less than amazing albums in terms of beats, but throughout his career hes remained at roughly the same level of skill on the mic.

i cant think of another mc whos done that over the same period of time...

The Hound
09-10-2007, 03:48 AM
nastradamus is fucking wack
he sold out on ...i am
it was written was average at best
streets disciple, like 95% of double cds, should of been a single cd of the best cuts
hip hop is dead didn't deliver on the level it should have. a good album is all it was instead of being a great/classic album
that leaves illmatic, stillmatic and gods son
hardly a flawless catalouge.

"one was naaaa your other was illmatic, that's a one hot album every 10 year average"

the only line jigga ever got on point

that's not to say i don't rate nas at all. but to say his catalouge is unrivaled and basically flawless isn't right. he has had his share of wack drops

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-10-2007, 04:21 AM
so again...Ghost and Nas r comparable

HarlemDiplomat
09-10-2007, 05:02 AM
he sold out on ...i am
streets disciple, like 95% of double cds, should of been a single cd of the best cuts
hip hop is dead didn't deliver on the level it should have. a good album is all it was instead of being a great/classic album

"one was naaaa your other was illmatic, that's a one hot album every 10 year average"

that's not to say i don't rate nas at all. but to say his catalouge is unrivaled and basically flawless isn't right. he has had his share of wack drops

Man, thats just plain hate.

Stillmatic was great, Illmatic was great, Godson was solid, and It Was Written was solid.

Streets Disciple and I Am wasn't all that bad

Nas has more street classics than anyone I can think of. Purple, Du-Rags, War... gtfo!!!!

Albums say what you want. But if you make a best of Nas it'll be a triple disc!!!!

Now runteldat.

The Hound
09-10-2007, 05:05 AM
indicate where i said stillmatic and gods son weren't great? for mine, ill/stillmatic and gods son and quintessential hip hop albums

i'd put it was written against fischscale any day of the week
i'd put i am against pretty toney any day of the week
bulletproof wallets and nastradamus are straight shit
that leaves streets disciple v more fish. SD wins on points not KO

hardly a flawless catalouge from nas

HarlemDiplomat
09-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Damn, good points... gotta go to work, but I will be back later to discuss.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-10-2007, 05:17 AM
he sold out on ...i am

im talking about on an mc level, it doesnt look like you are.

nas has been consistently dope throughout his career, you havent named another mc who has to the same degree.

The Hound
09-10-2007, 05:40 AM
nas is one of the greats in terms of MC no doubt. i'll never say he isn't. but to say his catalouge as a whole is bordering greatness isn't true. he has made his fair share of bullshit releases - which i noted in my final point. ofcourse as an MC he is fuckin great but his catalouge isn't swarming with classics

begongo
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
am i the only one who finds this "debate" ridiculous ?

Longbongcilvaringz
09-10-2007, 06:20 AM
nas is one of the greats in terms of MC no doubt. i'll never say he isn't. but to say his catalouge as a whole is bordering greatness isn't true. he has made his fair share of bullshit releases - which i noted in my final point. ofcourse as an MC he is fuckin great but his catalouge isn't swarming with classics

i clearly said his body of work in terms of mc'ing was unrivaled, because he has been consistently great for a longer period of time then any other mc i can think of.

The Hound
09-10-2007, 06:26 AM
i dont see how nas and ghost are comparable.

nas catalogue, in terms of quality and quantity is pretty much unrivaled.

ghost has released about 3 mediocre albums.

that's what i'm debating. i clearly said i rate him highly as an MC

Longbongcilvaringz
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
yes, but i qualified that im talking about mc wise, in the same post.

"im speaking mc skill wise, i understand that nas has dropped some less than amazing albums in terms of beats, but throughout his career hes remained at roughly the same level of skill on the mic."

im not talking about albums overall, just in a mc sense.