PDA

View Full Version : who is soft?

LHX
05-26-2006, 03:45 PM
it has come up several times in several threads

about how some people 'dont have what it takes' to get something done

to my recollection - only one person admitted that they would not do what they believe it would take to affect a change in this society

that kind of honesty is honorable - as long as it doesnt lead to stagnation

i started a thread about jail that got misinterpreted and sent in the wrong direction
but
the tone i was trying to set was to determine the difficulties that people may have to face when trying to correct the imbalances that we are experiencing in this society

so tell me
amongst the type of folks who find benefit in building online -

what is soft?
what does it mean to 'have what it takes'

i know a lot of folks who are on the verge of bursting
and
all it means currently is that they wind up in one of 4 places
1 - the dirt
2 - the streets
3 - jail
4 - the hospital

is a suicide bomber getting something done?

ive heard about a lot of suicide bombings
but
this planet is still heading in the same direction

bravery vs stupidity

add on

peace

Prince Rai
05-26-2006, 03:53 PM
could people interpret the opposite of soft being bravery or mere stupidity?

that would be a vague conclusion, hence you promted the question what soft means in itself.

is a person soft if he ommits in doing something although he could have done something?
is it soft to ommit in doing something if he deeply feels its best not to intervene and let nature to take its course?

LHX
05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
could people interpret the opposite of soft being bravery or mere stupidity?

that would be a vague conclusion, hence you promted the question what soft means in itself.

is a person soft if he ommits in doing something although he could have done something?
is it soft to ommit in doing something if he deeply feels its best not to intervene and let nature to take its course?

my name is LHX
and i officially endorse this as the post of the day

denaturat
05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
if you think that something is the correct course of action, but that such a course of action would be futile, then you are not being soft. if you do it, you may be brave, but then again you may in some circumstances be stupid.

denaturat
05-26-2006, 04:08 PM

sounds like you are thinking about issues of liability in tort...lol

Prince Rai
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
if you think that something is the correct course of action, but that such a course of action would be futile, then you are not being soft. if you do it, you may be brave, but then again you may in some circumstances be stupid.

yep, if you do something you are assumed to be brave, and by judgement of history, interpreted as stupid perhaps.

not doing it, is perhaps soft, but the opposite of stupid perhaps also!

peace denaturat!

and peace LHX, you made the thread :), i know you know whats up with the topic!! build on bro

Prince Rai
05-26-2006, 04:10 PM
sounds like you are thinking about issues of liability in tort...lol

hehe, i admit the word omission comes from extensive studies in criminal law in this case :P

Kong
05-27-2006, 07:07 AM
having what it takes, having what it takes to be you and do what you feel is right. what many see as doing the right thing will be seen as stupid somwhere in the world.

backing out after going in is soft or going in not wanting to.