PDA

View Full Version : Wu Tang Corp Song Contest, Vote Now!!!!!

hollywoodrealty
05-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Alright, its finally here, we have 5 out of 9 mc's put together their song, i gotta say, everyone's shit sounds good, im very impressed. Here is how the voting will go down..........

Anybody can vote, we will be taking votes for one week. All u gotta do is list your top 3 songs, in order. There is no need to give a point system, or different area's of voting, lets just keep it simple, vote for who u thought had the best banger. Next Friday will be the last day for voting, let the games begin. Here are the songs..........

Siris.....song title is "Battle Cat"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=358088&songID=3982299

HoloCAust.....song title is "Dark Side Of Venus"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=16913&songID=3931528

MaXiMus Da MaNtis.......song title is "The Legend Of The Mantis
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandid=135947&songid=3984327&content=song

AK Spray.....song title is "The Hustle"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=401654&songID=3986918

HollywoodRealty.......song title is "Step Into"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=401654&songID=3982592

ok let the games begin!

pablobaluba
05-27-2006, 09:37 AM
really....all songs are great.and i'm not saying it just for you to like me.
ak spray should improve a bit the flow.
and hollywoodrealty, you should spit over a better bit next time ;)

my preferences

1.holocaust (wtf is that beat? that's a 10/10 beat? who made that???? ) the track is powerfull and incredible
2.siris i like both the beat and the way you spit...you match very good the beat. it sounds very professional!
3.maximus the mantis....incredible lyricist and mc as usual. the beat is also modern and FRESH...

peace to ya'll ;)

num2son
05-27-2006, 10:47 AM
1. Legend of The Mantis
2. Dark Side of VenusThe
3. Battle Cat

I vote for the Legend of the Mantis track.

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Now, Of course... I Like My Song The Most... BUt, I'm judgin' these songs basically on originality... And the ones that weren't STRAIGHT-UP Wu-bitten.

"Step Into" and "...Mantis" (despite it's title) are the most original.

and BTW.. I decided to put up the Hustle (which is an older track of mine) because, there were some complications with the song that I was going to submit.. but, it will be submitted next time.... Title: Dead Dog

PEACE

Pharaoh Snefru
05-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Peace to all yall word up. I'm glad to see some of yall worked hard at this shit. I like all the tracks man for real. I only have a few little ass problems wit this shit nah mean gods? I knew this shit was gonna be kinda lame cuz niggaz didn't put out some original tracks strait up for this shit. No big deal tho, but I use that as part of my judgement tward others. You all were to submit yah best tracks, I overstand that, but whats wit the old tracks and shit. How intresting is this to hear the same shit cats already herd? fuck it tho.

#1 Siris - I know the God been workin at this shit to make a new track for all yall for this shit and he did. Cept he killed this shit. Now I'm not just saying this cuz we grew up wit Siris, and he is 50% of the Pharaohz, Im sayin this shit cuz I felt like it. I love this track. I herd it the other day, got a little taste of it. feelin it. The beat, the flow, the quallity, the sound, the originality of the whole vibe struck me as the best shit here.

#2 Maximus Da Mantis - I herd this shit is incredible kid word up. Im feelin the vibe of this shit. I knew id be hearing refrence to the earths animals on this shit,lol ...good man. I like the beat, flow is killin em. How you gonna flow wit different languages and shit "fuckin sick" mad respect for that nah mean. Thats talent right there.

#3 Holocaust FWL - This shit is hot right here, nice flow, delivery, beat. Love the pause style in the flow too. The only thing I have a problem wit is the style was wu bitten kinda, it's not an original sound we know. Plus I herd this shit before. But overall nice work.

Well there you have it, love it or be mad. I have submited my votes for the top 3 tracks in the contest. This shit kinda worked out. I just thought it was good for people to work at something and actually do it. proud of you cats LOL.

How the fuck can this shit be done in a week? and the Wu corp Mixtape shit take like 2 yeeeeaaars? Not puttin out them bangaz like cats should thats why. Ima post some shit soon for a mix comp that ima do. Ima organize this shit myself. Gather up some tracks so that i can make some money too.....

Pharaoh Snefru The Great - 4th Dynasty

Siris
05-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Now, Of course... I Like My Song The Most... BUt, I'm judgin' these songs basically on originality... And the ones that weren't STRAIGHT-UP Wu-bitten.

"Step Into" and "...Mantis" (despite it's title) are the most original.

and BTW.. I decided to put up the Hustle (which is an older track of mine) because, there were some complications with the song that I was going to submit.. but, it will be submitted next time.... Title: Dead Dog

PEACE

wow, and those dont sound wu bitten???...when it comes to originality, no kung fu samples, spittin about whats realavant, and original sound and quality...you need to peep my shit again Sun.

Sideoutfox
05-27-2006, 01:25 PM
all songs are hottt. im going with Dark Side of Venus and Step Into as my favs. Butcher got a flow like Doom. honestly, its dope.

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 01:31 PM
wow, and those dont sound wu bitten...when it comes to originality, no kung fu samples, spittin about whats realavant, and original sound and quality...you need to peep my shit again Sun.

I was sayin that those were the LEAST wu-bitten.

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 01:34 PM
but whats wit the old tracks and shit. How intresting is this to hear the same shit cats already herd?

incase you're indirectly directing that at me... I don't think ANYBODY that dwells in the Audio Lounge here has heard my joint.

PEACE

CLiffBangA
05-27-2006, 02:11 PM
#3 Holocaust FWL - This shit is hot right here, nice flow, delivery, beat. Love the pause style in the flow too. The only thing I have a problem wit is the style was wu bitten kinda, it's not an original sound we know. Plus I herd this shit before. But overall nice work. quote by pharoah snefru <<<<<<

WU bitten LOL show me one of your tracks that don't sound like WU and then come back with your problem Your VOte shouldn't BE counted anyway . Remember your first post where you said FUCK this POST you will smash anybody in it anyway. i remember i can quote it if ya want!!! i think your mathmatics need extra schooling . ANYway we recorded in the 36 chambers studio and was almost signed. still a possibility and to be signed by the wu means to have wu sounding music not commercial puff daddy shit nah mean!!!!. it's all good don't take it personal i just don't feel Wu bitten out of anyones mouth! when every person that just about posts music at this site SOUNDS or tries to SOUND like WU so that statement is just basiclly chaising it's on tail or pissin in the wind or some shit ...word.... and we have been making music 4 real for 12 years now i THINK we took the style to another level, and if you want to get down to it we have a thousand other songs too LOL p.e.a.c.e !!!!! my votes for my cousin Jesus and our sample in the song begining and end is my BOYS little nephew talking 4 real on the mic not no fukin martial art sample original shit , that an original sample !!! i don't give a fuck anyway. THis is think differently MUsic

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
05-27-2006, 02:21 PM
cats iz already trippin....lol win or lose i spit for the love of hip hop

peace

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 05:21 PM
#3 Holocaust FWL - This shit is hot right here, nice flow, delivery, beat. Love the pause style in the flow too. The only thing I have a problem wit is the style was wu bitten kinda, it's not an original sound we know. Plus I herd this shit before. But overall nice work. quote by pharoah snefru <<<<<<

WU bitten LOL show me one of your tracks that don't sound like WU and then come back with your problem Your VOte shouldn't BE counted anyway . Remember your first post where you said FUCK this POST you will smash anybody in it anyway. i remember i can quote it if ya want!!! i think your mathmatics need extra schooling . ANYway we recorded in the 36 chambers studio and was almost signed. still a possibility and to be signed by the wu means to have wu sounding music not commercial puff daddy shit nah mean!!!!. it's all good don't take it personal i just don't feel Wu bitten out of anyones mouth! when every person that just about posts music at this site SOUNDS or tries to SOUND like WU so that statement is just basiclly chaising it's on tail or pissin in the wind or some shit ...word.... and we have been making music 4 real for 12 years now i THINK we took the style to another level, and if you want to get down to it we have a thousand other songs too LOL p.e.a.c.e !!!!! my votes for my cousin Jesus and our sample in the song begining and end is my BOYS little nephew talking 4 real on the mic not no fukin martial art sample original shit , that an original sample !!! i don't give a fuck anyway. THis is think differently MUsic

Haha, Do quote it. Not that I don't believe you, I just need a reminder...

and, yea.. Yo, No diss.. MAybe I shouldn't have sadi "Wu-Bitten"... But, I'm not gonna win in any competitions here because that's not the kinda shit I do...

I just do me (no homo)... That's all.

PEACE

hollywoodrealty
05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
i set this competition up so that there wouldnt be drama, and im gonna end it right now, anyone who took part in this competition needs to not take things personal, we are here to be judged, and enjoy the compliments, take in the critisism and try to get something good out of it, we are here just to show off our styles, and thats it, i am impressed with all te songs and i think they are all good, there are all 5 different styles so that is good, anyways keep voting people, peace

CLiffBangA
05-27-2006, 06:22 PM
i set this competition up so that there wouldnt be drama, and im gonna end it right now, anyone who took part in this competition needs to not take things personal, we are here to be judged, and enjoy the compliments, take in the critisism and try to get something good out of it, we are here just to show off our styles, and thats it, i am impressed with all te songs and i think they are all good, there are all 5 different styles so that is good, anyways keep voting people, peace

i feel you but there is A big Difference between critisism and hatin, but you SHOULD oF ADDED A POLL Vote instead of manual votes DIG?

CLiffBangA
05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Haha, Do quote it. Not that I don't believe you, I just need a reminder...

and, yea.. Yo, No diss.. MAybe I shouldn't have sadi "Wu-Bitten"... But, I'm not gonna win in any competitions here because that's not the kinda shit I do...

I just do me (no homo)... That's all.

PEACE and where do you THINK RZA GOT WU FROM he didn't make it up LOL he bit or borrowed it from the chinese martial art folks!!!! so define the word WU Bitten lol but here's your reminder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you going to have a contest on who makes tha best track, WTF...Someones beat might be hotter and on point then others. Some cat might spit on some ol battle shit while another just spits some bars talkin shit about shit. fuck this contest, id smash anyone who wanted it wit anything. Ain't nobody fuckin wit me or my fam.LOL Its over once I submit. Do yall thing tho. Stay elevated. Peace Niggaz.

This seems like a good fuckin way to get someones soul hurt hahaha

Pharaoh Snefru

hollywoodrealty
05-27-2006, 07:20 PM
i dont feel people are voting out of hate, lets just keep it simple, people have 1 week to vote, so even if u get one or two hate votes, there are still hundreds of people who will vote, so dont sweat it homie, keep voting people!!!

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 07:48 PM
and where do you THINK RZA GOT WU FROM he didn't make it up LOL he bit or borrowed it from the chinese martial art folks!!!! so define the word WU Bitten lol but here's your reminder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How you going to have a contest on who makes tha best track, WTF...Someones beat might be hotter and on point then others. Some cat might spit on some ol battle shit while another just spits some bars talkin shit about shit. fuck this contest, id smash anyone who wanted it wit anything. Ain't nobody fuckin wit me or my fam.LOL Its over once I submit. Do yall thing tho. Stay elevated. Peace Niggaz.

This seems like a good fuckin way to get someones soul hurt hahaha

Pharaoh Snefru

u quotin somebody else, IN THE FIRST PLACE. lol.

Second of all, Alotta the shit made on this site are BLATANTLY bitin off Wu... shit talkin bout swords, prayin mantises, lotus flowers, crouchin tigers hidin' their dragons, etc. lol.

I mean... if THAT's YOU. then DO YOU. But, Ima Do Me.

PEACE

Vegan
05-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I personally don't think there is a such thing as "wu bitten"; it's all hip hop. I look at it like this, if someone uses king fu samples in their beat, they're merely being students of the wu-tang style. That shit right there is its own sub-category in hip hop, the Wu style. I love to hear quality Wu influencd tracks since Wu doesn't really make them anymore anyway. I think most of the tracks in this section of the forum just fall under "underground style".

It's really difficult to be 100% original since a lot of what was original has already been done in the past. Making something original at this point would probably resemble something that isn't even hip-hop.

With that being said, so far I'm going with Holocaust's track as being the best. As far as second, I have to go with Siris' track. I can't pick a thrid yet, and all of the tracks haven't been posted so I may have to make a revision. I'm saying though, it's going to be hard to top Holocaust's joint.

I wish my man Snef would've dropped something. Snef is like a brother to me and although he's been a Wu head since day one, his style is more spiritual/Egyptian/emotion/dark, and not really patterned after the Wu.

Also, anyone who submits tracks on this shouldn't be offended if they aren't looked at as the best, and it's also annoying to see people say they're the best when the listeners may not agree. You may be the best in your mind, but not others. Drop your joints and let the listeners decide. Don't take shit personal, step your game up if you want to be looked at as the best.

hollywoodrealty
05-27-2006, 08:17 PM
very well put vegan, ok lets stop flooding the thread with gossip shit, just let people vote, peace

AK Spray
05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
^^^ Chyea.

CLiffBangA
05-27-2006, 09:41 PM
THats why i SAID ADD A poLL for the VOTES there will be NO BITCH Shit like some of us are on JUST edit this up and ADD A P.O.L.L and for everyone else on the Bitch shit :fucku:

da kid toney
05-28-2006, 01:16 AM
i say fwl .. but i like their other two new tracks more. what about that?
http://www.samysorge.com/FWL-Hear.the.Childrens.Laughter.mp3
http://www.samysorge.com/FWL-Duck.or.get.the.Head.Cracked.mp3

put these two ^ in the vote. they are better than the rest! lol

da kid toney
05-28-2006, 01:19 AM
AND make it a new thread with real poll

hollywoodrealty
05-28-2006, 07:50 AM
thanks for your input da kid toney, this was drawn up more as a test to see if people would like a contest like this. Now that i see there is a market for it, i will make it more organized with even better quality. Also its too late to submit a new song but just jump in the next one. peace

hollywoodrealty
05-28-2006, 08:03 AM
see im already getting complains, bcuz songs from holocaust and AK Spray were not made by the rules, songs were to be custom made for this contest, these 2 contestants gave songs which were made before i sudjested this, but i can not stop this competition bcuz all the songs are hott, but in the future, lets make the songs for the contest, it gives it extra credit, bcuz u were given 7 days to make a banger. But i cant stop this, add a poll or do anything, lets just keep this as a test run, people keep voting, and atleast this can be the start of a great competition, peace to u all

CLiffBangA
05-28-2006, 12:53 PM
i say fwl .. but i like their other two new tracks more. what about that?
http://www.samysorge.com/FWL-Hear.the.Childrens.Laughter.mp3
http://www.samysorge.com/FWL-Duck.or.get.the.Head.Cracked.mp3

put these two ^ in the vote. they are better than the rest! lol

thanx for the vote toney those are our other 2 new tracks you like !! and the dark side of the venus track was recorded same week you started the first post for this hollywood but it's all good . F.W.L is us anyone that knows us by F.W.L just vote for dark side of venus track cause some of the folks that come in here may not know that we are f.w.L p.e.a.c.e

hollywoodrealty
05-28-2006, 04:08 PM
alright everyone out there, keep voting, so many heads read this thread but dont forget to vote!!!!!!!

Prince Equality
05-29-2006, 05:06 AM
This is my vote:

1. Siris - Battle Cat: Definitely the best flow and lyrics. Beat is also dope as hell! Great work!

2. Holocaust - Dark Side Of Venus: Beat is insane, lyrics are dope as well. Dope track!

3. Maximus Da Mantis - The Legend... : This is a great track right here. No doubt!

PEACE

hollywoodrealty
05-29-2006, 10:36 AM
thanks for voting, keep them coming people

AK Spray
05-29-2006, 01:12 PM
c'mooooon/

hollywoodrealty
05-30-2006, 07:42 AM
vote on this shit people

AK Spray
05-30-2006, 03:14 PM
c'mooooooooooooon. lol..

imbrator
05-31-2006, 05:54 AM
1-Siris....."Battle Cat"
2-MaXiMus Da MaNtis...... "The Legend Of The Mantis
3-HoloCAust....."Dark Side Of Venus"

eh yo siris ya track is hell fire
mad respect

AK Spray
05-31-2006, 09:54 PM
i think ppl should say what they LIKE/DISLIKE about the tracks.

hollywoodrealty
06-01-2006, 12:08 PM
this is the last day for voting, keep them coming, peace

Pharaoh Snefru
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Seems like this shit was a disaster, nobody voted for this shit. Better luck next time niggaz. Shit like this only causes problems. Like I said, this shit can never work out properly anywayz...This Wu Corp shit is bugged, fixed whateva you wanna call the shit. Someone fix this shit ASAP

Peace

hollywoodrealty
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
yo i dont think it was so bad, i think people tried very well to make some nice songs, i also think that a decent amount of people voted, and they gave their honest oppinion, i didnt see any dick riding, and thankfully, nobody got dissed, i think it was semi successful, it can obviously be better but not bad at all, today is the last day so if any last votes come in great, but we all know who the top 3 are so far, i will look through all the votes and declare a winner tomorow, peace to u all

Tha Double-P
06-02-2006, 07:58 PM
1.Siris, "Battlecat"
2.MaXiMus Da MaNtis, "The Legend of the Mantis"
3.HoloCAust, "Dark Side of Venus"

Battlecat had a really nice beat to it, siris ya had sum nice flo goin on there too, very good song. Peace to all emcees, you all did great jobs. keep at it fam!

peace

Oztradamus
06-04-2006, 02:33 AM
My vote goes out to the kid Siris.. Good shit dunn

da kid toney
06-04-2006, 12:00 PM
^the track battle cat will be featured on the ZOO BABEES mixtape! lol i connected with siris and he down with that... no need to put it on this mixtape too... mixtape will drop on tuesday latley so.. check that out before you start to put same track on two different wucorp albums. thatīs wasted space where other wucorp members could have shown their skillz. i mean. itīs enough talent and potential in here. so.. spread that shit!

hollywoodrealty
06-07-2006, 12:36 AM
ok im sorry for the delay in this but life has been real busy for me, this contest showed a lot of skills from mc's off this site, and no matter what anyone says, the shit turned out pretty nice, all mc's brought something to the table, but one truely stood out above the rest, which was SIRIS WITH BATTLECAT. HE got the most votes, not to mention, he actually wrote and made the song just for this contest. This shit was dope, peace to all mc's that participated and thanks to everyone that voted. I guarantee the next one will be even hotter. once again SIRIS is our winner.................

Robert
06-24-2006, 06:11 AM
1.Holocaust
2.Hollywood
3.Sirus
peace, nice work for all emcees

LORD ZERO
06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
PEACE YALL, YALL MIGHT WANNA READ THIS AND BACK ME UP LOL
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=21666
IT COULD MAKE THINGS ALOT EASIER FOR OUR COMPETITIONS

PEACE
-Z-

hollywoodrealty
06-28-2006, 08:00 AM
yo jamel thanks for the input, better late then never i always say, peace

hollywoodrealty
06-28-2006, 08:03 AM
and in response to lord zero, ya that is my fault that i didnt set up a thread with polls and what not, but i was really just experimenting to see if people showed an interest, since there is one now, the next contest will be hotter then ever. In the next week we will have a new contest, and this time, one mc will collab with one beatmaker, and u will be judged on lyrics and sound, i may seek help from someone else in organizing it, send me a private message if u are interested and u are familiar with the technical capabilities of this site, thanks and peace

P-Noid Brown
07-23-2006, 11:30 AM
yo do me a favor take the track from my myspace page and post that shit ... i want in.

mashqauck
08-15-2006, 06:57 AM
hustle hard!

ak
mantis
holocaust

MF Herbs
08-15-2006, 07:54 AM
1. Maximus..... lll
2. Holocaust.....ill
3. Siris.... ill

Siris
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
this contest was won by me and its been over since 5 weeks ago.

Pretty Toney
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
hahaha rofl ^^

Lil' Ruger
09-27-2006, 12:21 AM
legen of da mantis son shit was flames BUT the dark side of venus was two i did i think dark side of venus got a tad bit bettah.

Big Risk
09-27-2006, 12:31 AM
imma hop on the next one for real.

Undead Ninja
09-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Mantis conquered!

Undead Ninja
09-27-2006, 02:55 AM
YOu guys shark bited alot from WU "Bloody Tampons" and that one guy was trying extra hard to sound like Method Man.