PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots

Frontal Lobotomy
05-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I noticed no one has started a thread about this game yet, so I thought I'd take the initiative.
For those who haven't seen the 15minute E3 trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=2445

For those who have, what did you think? Shit blew me away, it even softened the blow of parting with 450 to get a PS3. It's a shame it isn't due out on launch, but it is widely believed to be released on 7/7/2007 with it being the 20th anniversary of the original release of Metal Gear on the NES. The trailer itself is packed with plenty of hidden messages from Hideo Kojima (there's a HD version of the trailer available for download on that site too) as is typically the case, so keep your eyes peeled and bring it up on here! I know ther ea lot of MG fans on this board so there should be some decent speculation about this title. Anyhow, build on

Peace

Ghost Deini
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
I think it'll be the best game to come in the next 5-6 years. Cannot wait.

My First Timbs
05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
i honestly think that the mgs series will go down in history as the best series ever in gaming

they have never let me down.. i am buying a ps3 just for this...

my question is..

are there actually any ppl out there who for some reason dont like the mgs's? and why?

(and dont say.. its because of the cutscenes.. the cutscenes are what make the game!)

Fayth
05-29-2006, 10:41 AM
the cutscenes are what make the game!)

True :)

TUCO
05-29-2006, 10:48 AM
i dun think ive ever heard hate towards the series....not alotta games could pull that off

Fayth
05-29-2006, 11:36 AM
i dun think ive ever heard hate towards the series....not alotta games could pull that off

my 360 broke the other day and i could of got my normal xbox out but i dug out my ps1 to play MGS1 haha

Frontal Lobotomy
05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I think you're right, MGS will take its rightful place on the 'greatest games ever' podium, along with Super Mario and Street Fighter. It's a shame MGS ends with this one though, but I can see it being totally crazy.
A bit of bad news too, as expected, the new Ninja (Raiden) isn't playable in MGS4, but I expect there'll be a VR Missions type game coming out for that.

Alcryt
05-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Metal gear has like the greatest, deepest story to a game ever, definitely one of my favourite game series.
I think they should re-do Metal gear and Metal geat 2:solid snake in 2d though that would be cool.

Frontal Lobotomy
05-29-2006, 02:56 PM
^^ Hate to break it to you, but Hideo Kojima has already stated he won't remake MG and MG2:SS as he regards them as classics as they are. Though saying this, Konami might go over his head while they're waiting for the next Solid Snake to come along.

Funk_Dock
05-29-2006, 03:44 PM
love this series, definetely one of my favourites cause its got it all, gameplay, story, top of the line graphics on every game...

this is one of the reasons im gonna buy a ps3....cant wait

born invincible
05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
the main reason why i will cut loose the 400 or 500 dollars for the PS3 = MGS4.

i love this game a like a pimp loves his money... i have never been let down by any installment in the series yet and i dont believe i ever will. the MGS4 trailer is filled with so much stuff it was unbelievable... i also believe this will be a great game even to those not really familiar with the storyline...

kojima is the master of his shit... he brought the stealth genre to another level and is continuing to raise the stakes.. as we can see with MGS4.

true it is sad... this is supposedly the end of the saga. but isnt that what hes been saying since MGS2. and i know he keeps confirming that this is it... but who knows. i will keep my fingers crossed.... even if this really is the end.. kojima is sure to be involved in other projects that we will probably come to love like the MGS games...

as far as the newest release... anyone know how big boss is gonna be played into the story line? or atleast any speculations... im very anxious to see how he ties back in... also the suped up raiden this time around.. the whining little brat we grew to hate in MGS2 looks like he has taken a 180 degree turn... for the best i must admit.

anyways.. anyone ready for MGS portable ops for PSP? i know i am... it picks up after snake eater... the outer heaven episode if im not mistaken... looks like it will be a solid release...

theres also a pretty detailed forum at the sony boards dedicated to the whole MGS series... check it out, its worth a peek.

born invincible
05-29-2006, 10:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/borninvincible/sotwentry01.png

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/bornknowledge/Forum%20Sigs/legendary01.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/bornknowledge/Forum%20Sigs/legendary.jpg

go_skim
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
i want Hideo Kojima to make the story of the saga in to a few movies that would blow my mind it would be sick

oDoUoSoKo
05-29-2006, 10:27 PM
i cant afford it, i wish they would make it for all systems even if the ps3 has tons more than the ps2 one, idk but i cant afford the 400 dollar crap especially since itll only be for mgs4

born invincible
05-29-2006, 11:08 PM
i cant afford it, i wish they would make it for all systems even if the ps3 has tons more than the ps2 one, idk but i cant afford the 400 dollar crap especially since itll only be for mgs4

im not sure where u live but one alternative (if its available).. is you can rent the PS3 and the game. at my local video store near my house the rent those systems out... PS2, Xbox360, etc.. im sure it will be the same way when the PS3 drops... might be a less expensive alternative!

Razorsharp
05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
dope shit... i cant wait

Frontal Lobotomy
05-30-2006, 02:54 AM
As to Big Boss' role in MGS4 there's a picture of him with some kind of random exoskeleton on a promotional poster, so it's possible that he could be involved. Regardless I'd say getting hold of his remains in order to slow Snake's genetic degeneration may also be a possible sub-plot to the story too.

pussy-with-teeth
05-30-2006, 05:18 AM
i fuckin love the first part on ps1..that and wc3 = best games ever...mgs 2 on ps2 was tight but not fuckin with the first one...i never played 3 ist it good ??? didnt know 4 is already in the makin

Funk_Dock
05-30-2006, 05:54 AM
i fuckin love the first part on ps1..that and wc3 = best games ever...mgs 2 on ps2 was tight but not fuckin with the first one...i never played 3 ist it good ??? didnt know 4 is already in the makin

u should check out 3, its better than 1 but not 2 imo

Wu-Tality
05-30-2006, 07:16 AM
I liked 3 more than 2, I think 3 is even better than 1.

1. MGS3
2. MGS1
3. MGS2

for me

Frontal Lobotomy
05-30-2006, 07:34 AM
I've not played 2 or 3 properly yet. I need to buy them

go_skim
05-30-2006, 07:42 AM
YEH 2&3 were tight thay both burn 1 well thats just what i say

oDoUoSoKo
05-30-2006, 01:11 PM
:i im not sure where u live but one alternative (if its available).. is you can rent the PS3 and the game. at my local video store near my house the rent those systems out... PS2, Xbox360, etc.. im sure it will be the same way when the PS3 drops... might be a less expensive alternative!

correct, i thought of this...but how long is the rental do u think and price?

Kontagouz
05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I cant wait 4 mgs4 itz gunna be amazing. Provide's a reason 2 keep the ps3 in tact and not rip out the drive 4 profit

born invincible
05-30-2006, 09:05 PM
:i

correct, i thought of this...but how long is the rental do u think and price?

not much i dont think.. prolly like 20 to 25 bucks for a few days... might be alittle higher right around PS3 launch time but it should go down after awhile.. which is actually perfect cause MGS4 isnt a PS3 launch title... it wont be till 2007 till its dropped!!

born invincible
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
As to Big Boss' role in MGS4 there's a picture of him with some kind of random exoskeleton on a promotional poster, so it's possible that he could be involved. Regardless I'd say getting hold of his remains in order to slow Snake's genetic degeneration may also be a possible sub-plot to the story too.

i was thinking something around those lines....

my favorites in order..

MGS1
MGS3
MGS2

also... has anyone played any of the original NES titles or even the original "original" titles for the MSX? the new snake eater has the original MSX versions on its bonus disc...
i got the original MG for the NES... its damn hard but also a great game!!

Frontal Lobotomy
05-31-2006, 03:38 AM
I completed Metal Gear around about the time I just got off MGS, was a quality and highly innovative game for its time. I started trudging through MG2 and I enjoy what I've played so far. Having guards that could actually look around them was a masterstroke. Gotta love the ongoing Rambo theme as well haha

Ghost Deini
05-31-2006, 04:34 AM
i was thinking something around those lines....

my favorites in order..

MGS1
MGS3
MGS2

also... has anyone played any of the original NES titles or even the original "original" titles for the MSX? the new snake eater has the original MSX versions on its bonus disc...
i got the original MG for the NES... its damn hard but also a great game!!

I got the games for MSX, and Nes. Got like every Kojima game, Policenauts too.

I've heard the whole Big Boss thing is gonna be something similar to how Ocelot graphed Liquid's hand onto his arm and so like absorbed part of him. They tryin to do the same thing with part of Big Boss and absorb probably part of his legendary skils as a soldier. Sounds ridiculous but part of what makes MGS so good! Oh yeah:

1. MGS1 - obviously ain't the best graphics but sickest story, ahead of its time
2. MGS3 - nice prequel, awesome seeing young Ocelot and playing as Big Boss
3. MGS2 - another great game but the story got kind of convoluted and fell on itself towards the end of the game. And I don't totally hate Raiden but he wasn't as interesting for me as Snake. Still, like I said, great game and the actual gameplay is tight as usual just think Kojima could've went through the story a bit better and Solidus's Sons of Liberty crew isn't nearly as sick as Foxhound in MGS1 or The Cobras in MGS3.

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 11:32 AM
This game will be copped on day 1

go_skim
06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_%28film%29 the mgs games are been made in2 a film

born invincible
06-01-2006, 01:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_%28film%29 the mgs games are been made in2 a film

ive been hearing loose talk and rumors about this for awhile... im definitely happy Kojima has decided to do this...

im always skeptical about game to movie adaptations... usually cause they end up being really corny.. i have no doubt that if Kojima is calling the shots in the project that it will be memorable...

nice find......

born invincible
06-01-2006, 01:46 AM
^ personally, I don't like the idea of it being a movie, with all the detailed cinematic clips and lengthy ones at that, the game technically IMO "is" a movie.......unless they decided to make it a computer graphix type flick (like Final Fantasy Advent Children) I'm not interested.....its like the new Scarface game comin out, they got Pacinos facial features, but not his voice......how can u have Tony Montana without Pacino doing the voice?!
thats how I feel about Solid Snake, without David Hayter as the voice, its not cool...its a minor thing to hate on about, but thats just the way I am, lol.

i agree... if hayter aint doin the acting... it will screw up the whole effect. no hayter = no MGS

Ghost Deini
06-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Hugh Jackman look-alike with Hayter's voice IMO :lmao:

seriously though that wouldn't be bad. Hugh Jackman grows his hair out.

go_skim
06-02-2006, 11:15 PM
eric banner from black hawk down looks just like snake from mgs he would be dope for the movie

Shaolin Warrior
06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, this game looks EXTREMELY sick and I honestly cannot wait for it. MGS is my favortie video game series of all time and all of the games have been beyond perfection. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the PS3's price. I was hoping that Kojima would port MGS4 to the 360, but that would mean the online mode wouldn't be free.

Also, I'm getting a PSP just for Portable Ops. Can't wait to play as Big Boss again. This year and the next are gonna be hell for my wallet, lol. And ever since I bought Subsistence I've been playing all the games in chronological order, in fact, just today I beat MGS2, so now to wait for Portable Ops and Guns Of The Patriots.

BTW, about 3-4 weeks ago, I started playing the online mode in Subsistence, and its great. So far its the only online game I've played but I doubt there's any other out there that can match it.

Frontal Lobotomy
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
If it makes yo uguys feel any better about buying a PS3 for 600 bones, the camo suit that Snake uses can only work on the PS3 according to Kojima (his suit turns into the colour of his surroundings while immobile, so I dunno how they'll remedy that if it's to get on the 360)

Shaolin Warrior
06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
If it makes yo uguys feel any better about buying a PS3 for 600 bones, the camo suit that Snake uses can only work on the PS3 according to Kojima (his suit turns into the colour of his surroundings while immobile, so I dunno how they'll remedy that if it's to get on the 360)

Really? I didn't know that. I'm not relying on it being ported cause I'm sure it would be too much of a bitch to suddenly change a game that you've been developing for solely one console to another.

Frontal Lobotomy
09-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Right, thought I'd save on making a new thread and bring you all up to sate with new trailers for MGS4 from the Tokyo Game Show. These new ones contain what appears to be realtime gameplay, and my oh my, it looks fuckin sick!
Check 'em out and enjoy
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

Icurus
09-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Its realtime, but not actual gameplay, its too early. My boss is there right now, and the rumor is that game may not come out until as early as next christmas. Other than that, expect to come out in 2008.

Frontal Lobotomy
09-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Seriously? Its been said it'll be out for sure in july next year, as it'll be 20 years since the release of the first metal gear like

RagnaroK
09-22-2006, 07:34 PM
MGS4 will be another classic theres the reason why ps3 will win the competition same as mgs2 beat sega dreamcast

listening right now the soundtrack
http://rapidshare.de/files/34093762/Metal_Gear_Solid__-_Mantis__Hymn.mp3.html
Metal Gear Solid - Mantis' Hymn

yo! check this site if you want the complete soundtrack
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/m
scroll down until you see metal gear

oDoUoSoKo
09-22-2006, 07:49 PM
man no game song beats the snake eater theme..i kno it all by heart yo

Frontal Lobotomy
09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
I got the whole Snake Eater Soundtrack if anyone wants it..

RagnaroK
09-22-2006, 10:54 PM
man no game song beats the snake eater theme..i kno it all by heart yo

"end title the best is yet to come" this one is comes to mind

RagnaroK
09-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Right, thought I'd save on making a new thread and bring you all up to sate with new trailers for MGS4 from the Tokyo Game Show. These new ones contain what appears to be realtime gameplay, and my oh my, it looks fuckin sick!
Check 'em out and enjoy
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

have any of you seen the last part young solid snake smoking what tha fuck?
man! im watching this and the other trailers with tears in my eyes can't wait for this to come, i just realise that this game will be extremely hard, snake in the middle of a war between 2 countrys and the metal gear walking around and shit

Frontal Lobotomy
09-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah man, theres a lot of speculation on the young Snake part. The best part about it was the ravens hanging around the scene, as it links to what Vulcan Raven said to Snake during MGS wher ehesaid he will watch over him. Either way, Kojima knows what hes doing with the trailers, he wants us all to speculate on it

RagnaroK
09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
somebody did a parody of MGS funny shit check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GFTFAr8zyQ

Dough Snatcher
09-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Damn another one? I still havent beat snake eater...

Lil' Ruger
09-25-2006, 12:38 AM
I noticed no one has started a thread about this game yet, so I thought I'd take the initiative.
For those who haven't seen the 15minute E3 trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=2445

For those who have, what did you think? Shit blew me away, it even softened the blow of parting with 450 to get a PS3. It's a shame it isn't due out on launch, but it is widely believed to be released on 7/7/2007 with it being the 20th anniversary of the original release of Metal Gear on the NES. The trailer itself is packed with plenty of hidden messages from Hideo Kojima (there's a HD version of the trailer available for download on that site too) as is typically the case, so keep your eyes peeled and bring it up on here! I know ther ea lot of MG fans on this board so there should be some decent speculation about this title. Anyhow, build on

Peace

snake was about to blow his fuckin head off!

RagnaroK
09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
if you take a closer look when he's holding the gun on his mouth his face looks decay he's body can hold any longer he's dying on a genetic level

Lil' Ruger
09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
prolly he was going to die anyway so he split his wig himself kinda shit?

Bloo
09-25-2006, 05:10 AM
Damn another one? I still havent beat snake eater...

You know it! They're finally bringing MGS to a close.

BTW, once you get around to passing Snake Eater, make sure you have some time. Then ending is like 45 minutes to an hour altogether.

Frontal Lobotomy
09-25-2006, 06:43 AM
snake was about to blow his fuckin head off!
Don't worry about it, Kojima has already stated that Snake won't die. Check out the new trailer i linked, there are some more interesting developments

shaolinsword
09-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Don't worry about it, Kojima has already stated that Snake won't die. Check out the new trailer i linked, there are some more interesting developments

Kojima also said in an interview he had with OPSM2 (uk) a couple months back. That alot of japanese shows kill off their main character

RagnaroK
09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
this is the end for snake he will die but i don't think will be a suicide

Ronin
10-04-2006, 07:54 PM
check gametrailers.com

new trailer, maybe snake isnt as old as we think?

he could be dying cus hes a clone of big boss' genetics and his life may be shortened?

Wu-Tality
10-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah I thought we already knew that?

shaolinsword
10-05-2006, 03:28 AM
check gametrailers.com

new trailer, maybe snake isnt as old as we think?

he could be dying cus hes a clone of big boss' genetics and his life may be shortened?

he's "dying" because of foxdie. well he ages quicker anyway

RagnaroK
10-05-2006, 04:17 AM
he's "dying" because of foxdie. well he ages quicker anyway

eh! no he is in no danger with foxdie cuz he's nanomachine batteries die, he is a defective clone and he's dying on a genetic level wich cause mutation(quiker ages) and will be attack by a disease(what disease is unknow)thats why you see him injecting himself

if you take a closer look when he's holding the gun on his mouth his face looks decay he's body can hold any longer he's dying on a genetic level

Frontal Lobotomy
10-05-2006, 10:49 AM
The stuff about Old Snake is still a bit vague, I'd like to know how often you'll need to inject yourself and whatnot. There are other intriguing character developments are Ninja Raiden, and the possible involvement of Big Boss. If you look at some ofthe concept art, you can see a really old Big Boss in some sort of exoseleton, which have people wondering if he'll make a return..

Tage
10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Ahhh I Need A Fuckin Ps3!

RagnaroK
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM
how can big boss return when he's been dead for years

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/615/615485/metal-gear-solid-4-20050517053614289.jpg

did you mean the second one form right to left?

if that is who your talking about then he is a new character

CherChezLaMarauder
10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
i'm drooling for this game.

Ronin
10-05-2006, 07:34 PM
ragna in the mgs universe anything is possible

look how stupid liquid snakes hand living with ocelot sounds

they coukld clone him from his dna?

RagnaroK
10-06-2006, 07:03 AM
thats very true
now that i look at it that guy dont have have his right eye but at the same time
it could be kojima messing with us into think like that

Frontal Lobotomy
10-06-2006, 08:27 AM
According to Kojima, he doesn't know why the graphic artist put Big Boss in there, although I wouldn't be suprised if he came back all the same. I'm still well gutted that Raiden won't be playable either

shaolinsword
10-10-2006, 08:30 AM
He probably put him in there cos he knew all of this would start over every forum that has MGS4 on it. Anyway Raiden sucked, I hope he gets crushed under one of those mobile tank thingys that look like an AT-ST form star wars

RagnaroK
10-12-2006, 05:23 PM
any of you wating for the PSP MTG game, the story is after snake eater i think they will tell why big boss turn into a terrorist

i only wich they would release this on PS2 but no they won't

shaolinsword
10-13-2006, 03:41 AM
any of you wating for the PSP MTG game, the story is after snake eater i think they will tell why big boss turn into a terrorist

i only wich they would release this on PS2 but no they won't

if it gets enough sales they'll port it over to the PS2 like GTA liberty city stories..well that's what i think and hope anyway

born invincible
10-14-2006, 03:19 PM
I got the whole Snake Eater Soundtrack if anyone wants it..

im interested... can you up it?

MGS4 will be another classic theres the reason why ps3 will win the competition same as mgs2 beat sega dreamcast

listening right now the soundtrack
http://rapidshare.de/files/34093762/Metal_Gear_Solid__-_Mantis__Hymn.mp3.html
Metal Gear Solid - Mantis' Hymn

can you re-up that one.. it expired!

thanks!

RagnaroK
10-14-2006, 04:45 PM
^hey go here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/m

scroll down and you will see all the soundtracks

Metal Gear Solid Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Original Soundtrack

once you click you will see tha tracklist when you click on the track look for the sentence that says the name of the track follow by a(Click Here)
all you got to do is right click and save as thats all and enjoy all metal gear soundtracks

born invincible
10-14-2006, 05:37 PM
^hey go here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/m

scroll down and you will see all the soundtracks

Metal Gear Solid Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Original Soundtrack

once you click you will see tha tracklist when you click on the track look for the sentence that says the name of the track follow by a(Click Here)
all you got to do is right click and save as thats all and enjoy all metal gear soundtracks

word... good lookin on that one!

peace...

Frontal Lobotomy
10-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Nice one, ghffshrine is a decent site