PDA

View Full Version : What you wanna know bout the South?

Visionz
05-30-2006, 09:13 AM
A lot of times ignorance breeds hatred. I see it on the boards a lot. Southern rappers "Man, Fuck them wack bastards". But I gotta imagine that southern livin is different than what you get up on the east coast and the rest of the world abroad. So sometimes what you see reflected in music is different because of where that artist is from and the culture they live in. If there was anything you ever wanted to know, nows the time to ask. peace

MsRzaRecTaH
05-30-2006, 09:54 AM
U from the south??

Visionz
05-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Been in Texas for 24 years.

MsRzaRecTaH
05-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Oh wow! What part of texas..?? if you dont mind me asking.. Iknow theres alot of my people down there.!

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm in Austin now. Originally from the Ft. Hood-Killeen area. ( About an hour or so outside of Austin)

The Hound
05-30-2006, 10:02 AM
yo the south isnt all that wack, scarface, ugk, master p (old skool), 8ball & mjg,juvenile,mystikal,lil waynes 'the carter' was dope as hell,manny fresh is a dope producer, outkast,luda, all dopeness, isnt ATCQ from the south or im mistaken? how come you southerners talk diff to the rest of the US in ya accents n shit (serious q)

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:03 AM
one thing ill give the south is they know how to support each other.
but for the most part ya music is wack, adleast the mainstream shit that get sout, and yall shouldnt eat so much pork.
C'mon man that ain't really a question, that's a suggestion. lol. Really though, I think the reason you say that is a cultural one and I personally haven't eaten pork in about 5 or so years. But I do be spreadin the word on a regular.

MsRzaRecTaH
05-30-2006, 10:03 AM
I like their accents... nothing wrong with them... I guess I see it like this.. NYC is grimey.. grimey beats, grimey music... we here in Chi..we underground... and keep it underground...

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:06 AM
isnt ATCQ from the south or im mistaken? how come you southerners talk diff to the rest of the US in ya accents n shit (serious q) Tribe is outta NYC, but we talk different cause life is different down here. At least from the east coast. More space between cities and our urban areas tend to grow outwards vs upwards and it stays hot down here. Besides, someone from Boston don't sound the same as dude from NY so every area has their own way of talkin.

The Hound
05-30-2006, 10:09 AM
aight yeh i dont listen to atcq i thought they from atl or sum shit

Prolifical ENG
05-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Imma move this to the hip hop section after I reply since it deals with that. But it is true that a lot of wu fans here arent big fans of a lot of southern rap besides Outkast, Cunninlynguists, and Scarface.

Its because the older southern wasnt exposed anywhere else and all people see is the new commercialized crunk that emerged a few years ago. A few people dont like the whole No Limit stuff....I just dont like Silkk the Shocker.

But it is true that only a few cats around here have heaed K-Rino and Klodike the Kat and all those guys....also Eightball and MJG in their prime....Outside Looking in and all that stuff. They need to be schooled on that stuff.

There are a few cats on here that do like southern.....by any chance do you know who Tha_Hed is? (The username)

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't know him personally or nothing but we have posted on the same boards before.

Prolifical ENG
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
So you are a member at HH4E?

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
nah, I should've say threads cuz this is really the only forum that I be postin on. btw when I was makin this thread I was hopin to focus more on southern livin vs southern music. Any chance of gettin it moved back? peace.

Prolifical ENG
05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
alright i will move it back....it just seemed more southern hiphop focused at first.

Visionz
05-30-2006, 10:42 AM
its all good man^, Yall wanna know about some southern living just ask.

Prolifical ENG
05-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Alright....i got a question.

Where I live I cant find a store that has some premium assortment of genuine gator shoes even in the northern states....is it true in the south some stores have large assortments of them?

WU-KILLAH
05-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Goodie Mobb and Outkast are the only groups I know from south america, and that's good shit (soul food is a classic to me)

MsRzaRecTaH
05-30-2006, 12:15 PM

Where I live I cant find a store that has some premium assortment of genuine gator shoes even in the northern states....is it true in the south some stores have large assortments of them?

Good question!!~

Visionz
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Where I live I cant find a store that has some premium assortment of genuine gator shoes even in the northern states....is it true in the south some stores have large assortments of them? Yes, I'm not the pimpaliscious type but I've been to atleast one store where they had walls upon walls of gators.

maestro wooz
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
why do people in the south drive so damn slow? everytime im down there you see the people with southern state plates going 40 in a 50 and people with northern state plates passing them in the left lane going 70 down a straightaway.

dead prez
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM

Where I live I cant find a store that has some premium assortment of genuine gator shoes even in the northern states....is it true in the south some stores have large assortments of them?peta says no! peta says no! peta says no!

Visionz
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
why do people in the south drive so damn slow? everytime im down there you see the people with southern state plates going 40 in a 50 and people with northern state plates passing them in the left lane going 70 down a straightaway.
I'd have to ask where's there. In Texas, we haul ass. 70's the norm but if you in Houston goin 70, you'll get a grandma flickin you off as see passes by doin 90.

maestro wooz
05-30-2006, 12:38 PM
ha, i never been to texas but in all the southern states ive been in they drive real slow. I think its the ol country gentlemanly south way of life maybe.

Visionz
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Southern style is slowed down. We got fast-paced aspects to our lives just like everyone else, but at the same time people is ready to get that grill goin, or ready to go hang out at the park, or ready to do some fishin. We definetly like to kick back and relax.

BRONZBODY
05-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Southern style is slowed down. We got fast-paced aspects to our lives just like everyone else, but at the same time people is ready to get that grill goin, or ready to go hang out at the park, or ready to do some fishin. We definetly like to kick back and relax.true! southern folk man,we really dont get in a hurry. we take as it comes to us.

sakk
05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
I dont have to say anything about where im from.

The south is underrated in many aspects such as culture, geographical beauty, and of course music.

ElusiveFugitive
05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Does catfish taste any good? We don't get it over here

sakk
05-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah its good if you know how to cook it right.

I usually cook it fried or baked.

I bet most of yall dont know about poboys, yanks would call them hoagies or subs.

Visionz
05-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Does catfish taste any good? We don't get it over here If it's fried up by the right person, its really good. Catfish is a light fish, kinda the opposite of fish like salmon or tuna but still very tasty.

SHRAP
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
http://www.lyred.com/covers/project_pat_-_ghetty_green.jpg

mashqauck
05-31-2006, 12:02 AM
I think I live in the east, but I wouldn't even know about geography.

sakk
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
What happened to rep points? I was gonna rep the thread starter for reppin the south.

Visionz
05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Appreciated homie, but they killed the rep
<---------------------all my packages is gone like the cops was here

BLACKNEFERTITI07
05-31-2006, 02:29 PM
are there any hot nightclubs down in the south?? cuz a sista gyrl may hit the ATL up this summer and check out some of the hot spots there.

Inspectah_Dirk
05-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Is the South really dirty?

Visionz
05-31-2006, 02:41 PM
are there any hot nightclubs down in the south?? cuz a sista gyrl may hit the ATL up this summer and check out some of the hot spots there.
never been there but I'm sure it's got some jumpin spots, after all Crunk comes from the Atl

Visionz
05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Is the South really dirty?
The history of the South is dirty, most of the land in the south is lovely. So yes and no.

BRONZBODY
05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
are there any hot nightclubs down in the south?? cuz a sista gyrl may hit the ATL up this summer and check out some of the hot spots there. 112 and chocalate city babygirl!!! be sure to check them out for sure! shit they malls are like lubs too so u can check them out too.

baby jesus
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Is Highschool Football Really That Big In Texas? And If So Why Do People Like That More Then Say College Of Nfl?

BRONZBODY
05-31-2006, 03:16 PM
high school football is a religon here in texas

because the high school kids have a certian kind of love for the game that most will lose in college an the nfl.

Visionz
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Is Highschool Football Really That Big In Texas? And If So Why Do People Like That More Then Say College Of Nfl?
Yes, highschool football is a big deal. You gotta remember that Texas is a HUGE state. If you drove from one end to the other it'd probably take you about sixteen hours to do it. Because of this we got a lot of little towns that don't have much for entertainment and in these spots highschool football becomes it's main focus.

I wouldnt say that it gets more attention here than College (especially in places like Austin and College Station) or the Nfl (in places like Dallas or Houston) Really football itself is just huge in texas in general and it filters upward. UT and A&M, the states top college programs, recruit heavily in-state, so really all those kids you watch in high school, you'll eventually watch in College, and a lot of Texas boys make it to the NFl.

mcca555
05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
ludacris is one of the best

ElusiveFugitive
05-31-2006, 04:36 PM
The history of the South is dirty, most of the land in the south is lovely. So yes and no.

Apparently the name dirty south came about due to the amount of corruption among politicians and the like in the Southern States. Is this true?

Visionz
05-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Apparently the name dirty south came about due to the amount of corruption among politicians and the like in the Southern States. Is this true?
I know one of the dudes from Goodie Mob was the guy that coined the term. As far as the corruption, hell yeah! politicians been dirty here in the south. Oil money, tobacco money, cotton money. They've all influenced things at some point or another and continue to do so to this day. think about Enron too, corperations in the south be dirty too (even if that's everywhere)