PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 (Problems)

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Have any of you had any problems with your system? My shit keeps freezing up and crashing, going to send it in for repair.. Microsoft is extending the warranty on it.. :) Reading on various webpages it's supposedly a widespread problem...

TUCO
05-31-2006, 10:48 AM
^^^^ the freezing was addressed waaaaaaay back...i heard bout it even before the system was launched
BIG reason i aint fuck with that ish

Visionz
05-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Its never a good idea to buy the first release of any video game console. The first wave of PS2s had the jacked up dvd players that were always goin out. I've heard of worse with the 360. Gotta friend that does customer service for 'em, she be telling me stories of some that just completely melt because of inadequate cooling, overall they've had a lot of problems.

born invincible
05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Its never a good idea to buy the first release of any video game console. The first wave of PS2s had the jacked up dvd players that were always goin out. I've heard of worse with the 360. Gotta friend that does customer service for 'em, she be telling me stories of some that just completely melt because of inadequate cooling, overall they've had a lot of problems.

ive heard the same thing... its kinda safe to stay away from the first batch of new consoles...

JASPER
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Have any of you had any problems with your system? My shit keeps freezing up and crashing, going to send it in for repair.. Microsoft is extending the warranty on it.. :) Reading on various webpages it's supposedly a widespread problem...Try starting up without a game and hold A for half a minute and then restart again. I read about this somewhere and I'll post it up when I find it.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-31-2006, 12:55 PM
nice tip Jasper...who ever said you were'nt helpful?

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I copped it on launch date.. I'm thinking about holding off on the PS3 and wait for them to fix any bugs...

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Try starting up without a game and hold A for half a minute and then restart again. I read about this somewhere and I'll post it up when I find it.

I'm going to try that Jasper, but I'm still sendint that shit.. I don't want to do that everytime I want to play LOL

Visionz
05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
holdin off on the ps3 is a good idea. Let somebody else deal with the headache. The same holds true with new and revamped cars. the things gotta be put out to market before they find all the bugs in 'em.

JASPER
05-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Just hold A real long and it should be all over. If not, your Box has down syndrome and you should sent it to Bill.

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 02:09 PM
^ Tried it, it worked for a bit, but then it froze again.. :(

JASPER
05-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Ah shit. I don't know much about all that techno stuff, but if I were you I would defenitely punch walls and stuff, maybe some elderly suckers who don't even know what an Xbox is. I know, it won't help you fix your gaming machine, but it sure feels good.

Oztradamus
05-31-2006, 02:35 PM
^ I literally Laughed Out Loud

Oztradamus
06-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Sending it out today for repair today.. Hope all goes well..

SKANK HILL
06-07-2006, 04:51 AM
how long should you hold off buying a console when its realesed? like a month,,2, 6 months a year?

JASPER
06-07-2006, 05:37 AM
Buy it now.

Ozmosis
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
i got my back in feb with the same problems i called microsoft and they ship a box so i can send mine to the repair center, and in 3 days they ship me a new one

mashqauck
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
ps3 will solve these problems

Bloo
06-07-2006, 10:30 PM
how long should you hold off buying a console when its realesed? like a month,,2, 6 months a year?

Well that all depends Chunkz...

You see, the way the computer industry works is when you have a new piece of hardware or software on the market they consider that the "test period" I can't remember the exact phrase for it but here's pretty much how it goes.

You buy the program (or hardware), get it home, run into a bug and then tell the manufacturer and they fix it and send you a new one (if it's hardware) or patch it (if it's software) So basically you're acting as additional beta testing for the company to find the bugs that they couldn't, only difference is you're paying the company to do it instead of getting paid to do it.

My advice is if it's something you really want, follow up from time to time to see if any bugs have been found out in the system or program in question and wait until a signifigant ammount have been addressed and eliminated. That way, you get a better version of the thing for cheaper than the impaitent mofos that got it when it first came out :) (no disrespect to ya'll)

Ozmosis
06-08-2006, 05:56 AM
ps3 will solve these problems

yeah right :)9:(

born invincible
06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Well that all depends Chunkz...

You see, the way the computer industry works is when you have a new piece of hardware or software on the market they consider that the "test period" I can't remember the exact phrase for it but here's pretty much how it goes.

You buy the program (or hardware), get it home, run into a bug and then tell the manufacturer and they fix it and send you a new one (if it's hardware) or patch it (if it's software) So basically you're acting as additional beta testing for the company to find the bugs that they couldn't, only difference is you're paying the company to do it instead of getting paid to do it.

My advice is if it's something you really want, follow up from time to time to see if any bugs have been found out in the system or program in question and wait until a signifigant ammount have been addressed and eliminated. That way, you get a better version of the thing for cheaper than the impaitent mofos that got it when it first came out :) (no disrespect to ya'll)

very good advice...

yeah right :)9:(

ps3 will own xCockz...

Ozmosis
06-08-2006, 08:46 AM
ps3 will own xCockz...
I'm a big ps2 fan but did you see or heard news from the sony e3 press conference, it has controllers with the same design as the ps2 with no rumble feature plus sony ripped off the Wii technology with a 600 dollar price tag
http://pages.infinit.net/shadowld/no.gif

and i bet at launch it will have similer problems with its hardware:eggy:

Frontal Lobotomy
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
seeing as they delayed release by a year, one would expect them to iron out the bugs

go_skim
06-09-2006, 12:33 AM
i wont b abel to help myself wen the ps3 comes out i already have money saved up to get 1 on the day it comes out so if i do get any probs with it i will be sure to post it on here the second i have 1

brown_dogg
06-09-2006, 07:12 PM

You should wait until the company starts to address and fix these problems. When the 360 came out, the freezing problems were all over the place. But now you don't hear about the console freezing as often. So I think it's safe to say that microsoft has the situation under control and the new ones probably have the problem fixed.

JASPER
06-09-2006, 07:18 PM
As soon as it has games you like, buy it.

mashqauck
06-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm a big ps2 fan but did you see or heard news from the sony e3 press conference, it has controllers with the same design as the ps2 with no rumble feature plus sony ripped off the Wii technology with a 600 dollar price tag
http://pages.infinit.net/shadowld/no.gif

and i bet at launch it will have similer problems with its hardware:eggy:

LOL that shit is fucking hilarious oz.

I don't play games anymore actually. So i wouldn't know. All I own is this japanese ps1 that is see thru black with blue lights. Fucking dope

Frontal Lobotomy
06-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Joypads have met the same fate, I've never had the balls to smash my console though, too much money to replace haha

Snake In Eagles Shadow
06-20-2006, 10:09 AM
my 360 story is ridiculous............i got one on launch and it kept freezing so i sent it back and they sent me a refurbished one and that was freezing and putting scratched rings around the game, so i sent that one back and they told me they would send me a new one and they lied because they sent another refurbished one and that kept freezing, so i called to complain and someone told me they would transfer me to a manager and it was a different cs rep pretending to be a supervisor and promised me a new system with 2 free games.........i was like werd, i feel that and i sent that one back and they sent me another refurbished one with no free games, so i called back and ask to speak to the person who pretended to be the supervisor and they told me that person doesn't work there and they didn't know who i was talkin about..........after waiting on hold for 20 minutes another person claiming to be a supervisor came on the phone and promised me that they would send me 1 free game because they suposely can't send 2 and i waited and the game never came..........a few weeks later i noticed the system was scratching my games again and by this time the retail store where i bought the games were gettin mad at me and started thinkin i'm lying, so i called microsoft again and was really pissed off and yelling at every person who they transfered me to and the last person told me to send it back and they'll send me a brand new system with a free game and extra controler and that she'd have an official person from microsofts exec office call me............noone ever called me and they never sent me free games or the extra controler and yes the system they sent me was another refurbished one..............WTF

num2son
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
^^^:no: , what is up with microsoft and this xbox 360 custumer service

Bloo
06-20-2006, 10:52 PM
That's the suck ass part about consoles, especially new ones. You have this warranty and you don't wanna void it and you shouldn't have to if it was a shoddy system. But if you still have problems later down the line you can try to do what I do. Buy the individual parts for the system, replace them with the old part. and sell the old part on ebay or somewhere to re-coop some of the cash. It sucks but it's a good idea as opposed to fucking with Customer Service asses. Especially after your warranty runs out.

Oztradamus
06-21-2006, 01:38 AM
I should be getting mine back from Microsoft on Friday...

Oztradamus
06-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Got it.. Microsoft sent a nicca a new X-Box 360.. Fugg it

JASPER
06-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Better check if it's a new one. You should have written down your serial number.

Oztradamus
06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
^ It's new... New serial # and the whole 9

NIGHT MAYOR
07-08-2006, 01:58 AM
as long as they have worked out the bugs b4 the release of halo3 im happy............

zeppelin2k
07-12-2006, 10:12 PM
as long as they have worked out the bugs b4 the release of halo3 im happy............
illest sig